[attr="class","francie-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","francie-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","francie-lb-w"]
[attr="class","francie-lb-img"]

[attr="class","francie-lb-w-1"]

Though she'd admittedly seen rather little of Hoenn as of yet... Kaede was pretty sure that the areas surrounding Verdanturf Town was her favourite. It was hard to beat lush fields of emerald green, or that brilliant open sky. It reminded her of Johto's Route 39, with the pastoral farmlands and the crisp, fresh air that said her mind at ease.[break][break]

It almost made waking up at 5am worth it.[break][break]

With her recently-acquired job at Verdanturf's Duvet Ranch, Kae was officially splitting her time between Mauville and Verdanturf. Which wouldn't really be a problem, if she didn't need to start walking at ungodly hours in the morning to get to her shift on time. Briefly, she considered whether it would be worth investing in a bike. Mauville had good ones, she'd seen them. But that was an expense she couldn't afford right now, not for a job that she might not even keep.[break][break]

Fuck. She was basically already walking into this job with one foot out the door.[break][break]

Dawn was just cresting over the horizon as the ranch came into view, casting an pink glow over the whole sky. Briefly, Kae took a moment to admire it. The grounds were... large. She could see what looked like fields of crops, as well as some early-rising pokémon wandering the pastures. There as a cute little pink building, standing out against the otherwise neutral tones of the rest of the building, and then the large ranch house. Which was her destination, in all likelihood.[break][break]

Donning a pleasant smile like a suit of armor, Kae walked down the path towards the house. She wasn't sure what to think about this Thomas Benoit. Their interview had been pretty brief and entirely over the phone, but she'd apparently done enough to sell herself to him, considering he'd offered her the job. She'd googled his name and found out that apparently he used to be a member of Hoenn's Elite Four, which was sort of a crazy backstory for pokémon rancher. But still, she had no clue how that would translate to his actual personality.[break][break]

Walking up the porch, Kae approached the door, before gently rapping her knuckle on its frame. "Hello? It's Kae Tsuda," she called, looking around. "We spoke over the phone about the job?"

[attr="class","francie-lb-bannerbottom"]

mission: employment I

[break][break]

[newclass=.francie-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
day one at duvet ranch [M]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 16:34:32 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas sat at the table, sorting through some paperwork, when he heard the knock at the door. Rather than Thomas himself coming to greet the woman from Johto, an Audino rushed up to the door.

Dede openmed the door, looking up at the woman with a friendly smile on her face. She would lead Kaede to the dining room, where Thomas was still seated at the table. As the two of them walked in, Thomas stood to greet them.

"Thank you, Dede.", Thomas told the Audino, giving her an affectionate pet on the head, before she left.

"Miss Tsuda, it's nice to finally meet you in person.", Thomas greeted her. The man was dressed rather casually, albeit fittingly for ranch work. A thick, dark green button-up shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and well worn work boots.

"Feel free to take a seat.", he'd tell her. "Can I get you anything to drink? I have water, lemonade, energy drinks, and Moo Moo Milk.", he'd offer her.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

scrim

kae
she/her
twenty-five
june 30
olivine city
demisexual
unemployed
civilian
is it over now?
single
0 height
0 height
wanna live better days, never look back and say, "could've been me."
awards
15 posts
kaede tsuda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kae
kaede tsuda
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 7:03:32 GMT
kaede tsuda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","francie-lb"]
[attr="class","francie-lb-pkmn"]

Kae was only mildly surprised when an audino answered the door, instead of a person.[break][break]

It was a pokémon ranch, after all, so she supposed it was only natural for there to be pokémon about. Still, she hadn't been expecting one as her first point of contact. Still, she offered the audino a warm smile as it welcomed her, before tentatively following it inside. She took a moment to gather her bearings, observing her surroundings, before following it to the kitchen.[break][break]

A man stood to greet her as she entered. Thomas Benoit, if she had to give a guess. He looked... different than she expected. Not bad, just different. She gave him a smile and a nod as she entered, perfectly pleasant. "You as well, Mister Benoit," she replied. Was it Monsieur? Oh well, too late now. "But please, you can just call me Kae. Most do," she added with a chuckle.[break][break]

Accepting a seat when offered, she was about to decline the drink when he offered... but her parched throat flared up, as though it were reminding her. "Um..." she tapped her fingers nervously on the table. "Some water would be nice, thank you." She was halfway tempted to offer to grab it herself, but she tempered the impulse—it was his home, after all. She didn't want to look like a weirdo.[break][break]

"Sorry if I'm late," she added, though she hadn't checked the time to confirm. "Truthfully, I'm currently commuting over from Mauville, and I didn't... um... think to get my transportation sorted before the first day." She looked down, embarrassed. It was an awkward thing to admit, but if she had the option, she'd rather appear stupid over rude any day of the week.

[break][break]

[newclass=.francie-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 19:24:34 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"In that case, you can just call me Thomas.", he replied to her.

Thomas grabbed a clean glass, then produced a pitcher of clean drinking water from the fridge. "Would you like ice with that?", he asked.

Whatever her preference was, Thomas poured her the glass of cold water, placing it on the table in front of her. The Kalosian poured himself a mug of black coffee, before sitting at the opposite side of the table.

"Did you have to walk here all the way from Mauville?", he asked her. "I can get something set up for you, no problem.", he'd offer her. Just then, an idea popped into his head. "You have any experience riding a Pokemon?", he'd inquire. If not, he could teach her.

tags:

close tab

played by

scrim

kae
she/her
twenty-five
june 30
olivine city
demisexual
unemployed
civilian
is it over now?
single
0 height
0 height
awards
15 posts
kaede tsuda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kae
kaede tsuda
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 18:22:11 GMT
kaede tsuda Avatar
[nospaces]

"Um... sure. Ice would be great."[break][break]

Once he'd settled in on the opposite end of the table from her, Thomas seemed curious about her aforementioned commute, asking if she'd walked all the way from Mauville. A little embarrassed, she nodded. He followed this up by stating that he could get something set up for her to help out.[break][break]

Kae started at this, sitting up a little straighter. "Oh! Um..." Immediately, she felt the urge to turn him down, but she also recognized that not having to walk in the mornings would make things much easier on her. "I... was just gonna buy a bicycle," she admitted, chuckling.[break][break]

Thomas then seemed to get an idea, and he quickly shared it, asking if she had an experience riding a pokémon. "Riding...?" Her eyes grew a little wide, then she shook her head. She remembered seeing people who did stuff like that, but she'd never worked up the courage to do it herself. "No, not really. None of my pokémon are big enough for it anyway," she joked, rubbing her nose awkwardly.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 6:52:33 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"A bike, eh? It makes sense, since Rydel's is in Mauville.", Thomas remarked.

"You've come to the right place, then. Call it a perk of working here, but I can give you free lessons, and get you settled with a partner, if you'd like.", the Kalosian offered.

"Though I should ask, would you prefer something land-based, or something that can fly you to and from wherever you need to go?", he'd inquire.

Dede spotted Gene wandering into the room. The Audino walked up, picking up the little Eevee, and giving him a hug.

tags:

close tab

played by

scrim

kae
she/her
twenty-five
june 30
olivine city
demisexual
unemployed
civilian
is it over now?
single
0 height
0 height
awards
15 posts
kaede tsuda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kae
kaede tsuda
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 8:03:22 GMT
kaede tsuda Avatar
[nospaces]

"Oh, wow," Kae replied, eyes wide. Her fingers drummed on the table. "That's... very generous of you." She'd been prepared to fork over a bunch of cash for a bike... and now here was her employer, who was not only offering to help get her set up with a new ride pokémon, but also to assist with lessons and the like. It was... almost too much. In fact, she was nearly ready to reject the offer on impulse, not wanting to impose...[break][break]

But the temptation of an easier commute was too powerful. The rejection died in her throat, and she slowly nodded her head, smiling a little brighter. "Thank you. I would really appreciate it."[break][break]

But before anything else, Thomas wanted to know if she'd prefer something land-based, or something that could fly. Upon hearing this question, Kae blanched a little, sitting up straight. "Land-based! Definitely... land-based." She chuckled, scratching her head. "I have... a thing when it comes to heights." She paused, for a beat. "By which I mean... they will cause me to pass out." She joked, pushing past the embarrassment. "Do you have any suggestions on species?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 22:21:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"No problem, just looking out for my employees.", he'd tell her.

If she were to ask around in the future, she'd find this was an offer he'd extend to just about everyone. The only exceptions being those who have demonstrated prior experience in riding Pokemon, and had their own mounts. Even then, if they wanted to adopt one of the babies that were bred for riding, or battle, all they had to do was make arrangements with Thomas.

"No problem.", he'd tell her.

When asked about options, Thomas didn't miss a beat. "So we have access to quite a few options for mounted Pokemon. Tauros, though they do tend to be aggressive. Skiddo and Gogoat are classics, and make for a very easy riding experience, since it's practically in their blood. Stoutland also tend to make for good mounts, even making for good trackers. And while they're on the large side, the Arcanine that come out of this Ranch tend to be very friendly, very welcoming to riders.", he'd explain.

Of course, they were the children of one of his oldest Pokemon, Rufus. Despite his age and experience, the Arcanine still acted like a very youthful and friendly Growlithe, just like when Thomas first met him nearly seventeen years ago.

"Though if you'd like more options, I'm sure we could arrange something with the Mauville Gym. I know has several Pokemon of large enough sizes to mount.", he'd add.

tags: