pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
interview: naomi
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 0:41:19 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

's office isn't that far away from where Tempest and the rest of Nebula have set up base-camp. They pass each other in the hall, sometimes. Tempest is always quick to offer the woman a broad smile and a wave when he sees her. But it was busy times in the Labs, so it was rare that more than a friendly glance and maybe a wish for a good day could be shared.[break][break]

Today, though, Tempest had requested a bit of her time for something he was looking into. While many of the people he had talked with were very helpful so far, the Hoyeon man was looking forward to chatting with Naomi the most. If anyone could help him piece together some of the questions he had, it was a scientific mind like hers. To poke and prod and upturn the curious was what people like her did![break][break]

So Tempest, clipboard in hand, gave a polite knock to announce himself.
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 2:21:55 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Come in!" Nomi called, though she already knew who to expect.[break][break]
It had pleased her when had reached out: due to how busy both of them were, she had not had a chance to see him much lately. At first, she had been eager to get to know the man because he was 's husband, but over time, she had grown fond of him because of, well, him. He was a unique mix of brains and brawn, far more clever than he initially appeared, and a hell of a fighter when the situation called for it. Nomi had come to think of him as someone she could rely on to notice things other didn't - as well as jump head first into solving a problem, no matter how dangerous it might seem.[break][break]
Crazy? Perhaps. But he hadn't failed her yet.[break][break]
"What can I do for you, Temp?" She asked, waving him over to the seat across from her desk. Kallistatus, the shiny Unown-K hovering by her shoulder, watched him with an unreadable expression, its singular eye ever vigilent.
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 4:49:14 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Hi, Nomi!" Tempest beamed at when he came in, smile stretched wide over his face. He waved the clipboard in hand as if in answer, glancing around the room before shuffling slightly in place. A smaller nod was given to the Unown, friendly but more reserved.[break][break]

"I'm doing some research! I wanted to ask you a few questions and then have you look over what I have so far."[break][break]

Tempest gave an almost apologetic look, bringing his papers in closer to his chest.[break][break]

"I've been kind of worried about something, but I wanted another opinion before I get to in my own head."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 1:59:52 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Worried? That did not bode well.[break][break]
Nomi did not reveal her own concern, however, keeping her expression decidedly attuned to pleasant neutrality. She held out her hand as if expecting him to immediately share his report with her, but seeing the protective way he held onto the papers, she hesitated, lowering her palm to the polished wood of her desk.[break][break]
"I would be happy to review your research," she answered evenly. "Why don't you have a seat, and tell me everything?" She eyed him. "I can certainly understand the desire for a second opinion. It is a best practice amongst scientists to always double check our work with our peers."
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 5:47:42 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Even if apprehension was felt, when held out her hand Tempest did not hesitate to hand over his work. Naomi held 's trust and support. That meant Tempest's own trust and support was extended to her as well.[break][break]

It was mostly interviews with the other Avatars of Rocket; as well as a curious one from . [break][break]

"I've been looking into a few things with Infinity Energy, in particular how it relates to Avatars." Tempest pauses, biting his lip for a moment and forcing a smile. Strained, as if apologetic.[break][break]

"I'm worried about how the energy is affecting your bodies. I think it's hurting you, even if you can't feel it."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 15:34:05 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She immediately opened the file and began skimming its contents. She was greeted with rows of data charts, energy readings, and notations. Temp had certainly been thorough with his research thus far.[break][break]
"Are you referring to Primal Intoxication?"[break][break]
Nomi's crimson eyes flicked up from the file, mind still half-focused on its contents. He'd mentioned Infinity Energy, but Primal Energy was the culprit behind most Avatar bonds, though there were precious few details regarding the nature of the disease. Some died prematurely from an intense and unexpected surge of primal energy through the body, leading to immediate liver failure.[break][break]
Another topic Nomi was loath to bring up with . Guilt gnawed at her stomach, and she tried not to think about the grief Parker would feel should Nomi succumb to such a fate.[break][break]
What choice did I have?[break][break]
But the Unown had given her a choice, and she'd accepted, for the very same reason she now worried about Parker.[break][break]
Nomi snapped the file shut.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 1:27:33 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Primal Intoxication was a whole can of worms that Tempest hadn't exactly wrapped his head around. Still, he shook his head 'no' at the question when posed.[break][break]

"Similar, but I think this is a little different."[break][break]

had been shocked when Tempest had mentioned the swap between him and . Not wanting to open up that can of worms for the moment he would keep things brief.[break][break]

"I felt Lugia's Bond for a bit the same way Cil feels it. It burned, like my insides were on fire. But he said he didn't feel anything." The idea of that moment was what had spurned on this obsessive venture.
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 2:06:58 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

How curious. Temp had been able to feel Lugia through ? How? Was it a testament to their closeness, as longtime romantic partners, or did something specific trigger it - something anomalous?[break][break]
"How did that happen?" She asked eagerly, realizing this might be related to her own attempts to create synthetic Avatar powers in those that had not been chosen by legendary Pokemon. "Were you able to...act on it? Like Cillian can?"[break][break]
The burning sensation he described was concerning, but she had never felt anything like that from her own bond with the Unown.[break][break]
"The Unown feel like a part of me...like an extension of my own consciousness...of my own physical body, too. Where they go, I can also go. I can see through their eyes, teleport to their locations, understand the impressions of their thoughts." She paused, trying to find the right words. "At first, it felt...strange. Like being dizzy! Before I became accustomed to it. But I've never felt anything quite like what you're describing...certainly nothing painful."
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 19:52:21 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Ah, yes, well it seemed that would have him try and explain it after all. He should have expected this; Nomi was very inquisitive and would need all the information for her own studies.[break][break]

"Well... it was while we were on a mission together in the Border. Something weird happened, and we swapped bodies for a bit. It couldn't have been more than fifteen minutes. But when I was in Cil's body, I could feel Lugia and his Avatarship. Lugia could tell it was different, too; she was angry and bothered and wanted us to fix it. I could feel everything. I could use the powers, but I was in too much pain and too confused to control them. It was like... try to force a square peg into a round hole. The shape of her bond wasn't meant for me, even if it was the same body. Does that make sense?"[break][break]

Probably not, but Tempest had done his best.[break][break]

Nomi's own bond with the Unown was what he had originally came here to talk about, so he did jot down and paraphrase some of her words on his clipboard. It might be useful for own studies later.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 16:07:53 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It made more sense than he gave himself credit for.[break][break]
Nomi had been to The Border, had experienced some truly strange things there. Ghosts that had come alive and tried to murder her and her peers. Shades that had manifested as her deceased parents. She'd heard rumors that others had died themselves and been reborn there. It did not strike her as too outlandish for Temp to claim that he and Cillian had temporarily swapped bodies there.[break][break]
"The Border does weird things to the soul," she murmured, nodding. "It may have been a painful experience, but you've inadvertently made a fascinating discovery. It seems Avatarship is not simply a matter of power transference, from a Pokemon to any worthy human. It may be that Cillian's physiology is somehow inherently compatible with Lugia, in ways yours - or mine - could never be." She paused. "Perhaps that has something to do with the nature of our souls, as well..."[break][break]
Lost in thought, she let several heartbeats passed before she realized they were getting off track.[break][break]
"Anyway! Was there more you wanted to ask me?"

[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights