Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Shore: Shred vs Thomas
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 7:38:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

A distress call would begin, with the sound of a particularly violent confrontation raging in the background. Before the transmission could be completed, the man making the distress call would scream, before it abruptly ended.

A Rocket boat would speed onto the shores of the island. After the vessel beached itself, there was a brief moment of pause. Instead of Rocket forces flooding out of the ship, a single man would hop out of the vessel. In the former Elite Four's wake, the crew aboard the ship were badly beaten, all but a few left with broken bones.

Following his descent, a Ceruledge hopped out of the boat behind him.

"Who's next?", the black-haired man growled, a bloodthirsty grin on his face.

tags:
notes: +10 (Post)
+50 (Participation)

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 18:27:20 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
As the pair made their uninvited arrival on the island, they would find that somebody was already waiting for them.

Sitting upon a pile of limp bodies, both League and Rocket alike, was a Grimmsnarl. It watched impassively as the boat beached itself, unmoving even as the boat kicked up sand and scarred the shore. However, when the passenger upon the runaway vessel revealed itself to be an enemy, the ogre's mouth stretched into a wicked smile.

"Snarrrrl..."

Pushing off of its makeshift throne, the monster took a few steps forward, standing in front of Thomas and his Ceruledge and blocking their path forward. It seemed that he would be next.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 12:12:12 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The next challenger, a Grimmsnarl, was standing, ready for them. With a grin, he nodded to his Ceruledge, who's blades ignited in excitement for another battle.

"Give 'em hell, Mordred.", Thomas told the Ceruledge.

The Ceruledge wasted no time, charging the Grimmsnarl, Bitter Blades reared to cut the hairy beast down mercilessly. Upon reaching his target, the Ceruledge would attempt to take a horizontal swipe at the Grimmsnarl with his blades.

Meanwhile, Thomas, who figured the Grimmsnarl's master had to be close, kept his eyes open.

tags:

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 22:50:02 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
As the Ceruledge rushed forth to attack, so too did the Grimmsnarl rush forth to retaliate. It extended its claws and reached forth, aiming to rip and tear at the knight, targeting his elbows and knees in an attempt to cripple it. From that alone, it was evident that the Grimmsnarl was Playing Foul. This would not be a fair fight.

Burning blades sliced away at hair, leaving singed tufts to fall down to the ground. However, none cut so deep that they managed to slice the ogre's flesh. It seemed that the mess of hair was proving effective armour, even against the flaming swords. It would take more than a few cuts and slashes to put him down.

With a vicious roar, the Grimmsnarl surged forth, aiming one particularly malicious blow towards the throat of the Ceruledge.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 2:00:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the fight reaches close quarters, the ghostly knight does what it can to prevent the blows to his joints from crippling him. Ethereal hisses of pain seep through the helmet of the warrior, before he takes his swing.

As the beast goes for his throat, the Ceruledge quickly disappears into the Phantom Force.

An Electabuzz, a surviving Pokemon of one of the many dead League personnel under the Grimmsnarl, cries out furiously, before loosing a Thunderbolt at the beast.

tags:

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 6:51:54 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The brutal assault of the Grimmsnarl forces Ceruledge on the backfoot, and the knight has no choice but to retreat into an ephemeral state to avoid any further harm. But of course, just because it provides momentary safety, that does not mean that Phantom Force is necessarily safe. The moment that it returns to reality, the knight will be vulnerable once more, and the demon will not hesitate to continue indulging its ruthlessness.

It is fortunate, then, that the winds seem to be blowing in Thomas' favour. Out from the bodies of the beaten and the bloodied rises an Electabuzz, driven by rage and hungry for revenge. With a roar, it launched forth a Thunderbolt, a last-ditch effort to try and get its vengeance.

An effort that would go unrewarded.

CRUNCH! The Grimmsnarl lurched forth, dodging the electricity and landing a ruinously effective Sucker Punch straight to the neck of the Electabuzz. Bones were shattered. Blood was spilled. A body hit the floor, the hairy beast stood over the interloper, triumphant yet disdainful.

This wretch's life was so pitiful that taking it was not worth celebrating.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 6:35:49 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watched in horror as the Electabuzz was killed by the Grimmsnarl. Perhaps he empathized with the Electabuzz's desire to avenge their friends. But to just be callously killed off like that, without the satisfaction of harming the beast, was disgusting to watch.

The Ceruledge emerged from behind the creature through the Phantom Force. The Ceruledge silently leaped behind the beast, aiming a Bitter Blade at the back of the beast.

Thomas quicklyy brought out Ripper, his Scizor. The lumbering Scizor attempted to strike the fiend with a Bullet Punch to the head.

This wasn't going to be a fair fight, after all.

tags:
+200 (Death - Electabuzz)

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 6:49:45 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
A Bitter Blade and a Bullet Punch both struck it at once, and all of a sudden, the Grimmsnarl found itself being forced back. Not only had the interference of the Electabuzz gave Ceruledge the opening it needed, but now a Scizor had joined in on the fight too. It seemed that his opponent had never intended to fight fair in the first place.

The ogre might have applauded the mercilessness of the tactic, had it not been on the receiving end of it.

"GRIMM!" The demon roared out, reeling from the burns and slashes and bruises it had been dealt. Its hairy coat had been reduced to a wreck, unevenly cut and singed at the tips and drenched in blood. Yet despite its wounds, its anger only burned all the brighter. "Snarl...!"

Fortunately, it seemed that fate would conspire against it, as out from the brine and the roil of the sea, a pungent pink fog would begin to roll across the battlefield...

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 7:04:20 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The duo managed to strike at the Grimmsnarl successfully. The hit from the Bitter Blade allowed the Ceruledge to restore some of the vitality he lost earlier. The duo surrounded the opponent on both sides, ready to take him out.

That was when the group spotted the Interdream Mist rolling in. Soon, a horde of Flutter Mane began to fly in, threatening to swarm the battlefield.

Rather than take his chances with an unknown third element, Thomas recalled his Scizor quickly, and took off running with his Ceruledge by his side. Before the ancient Misdreavus could overwhelm them, Mordred latched onto his master, taking him into the Phantom Force to escape.

tags:
notes: +50 (Post x5)
+50 (Participation)
+100 (Mission Completion - Shore)
+250 (Draw)
+200 (Death - Electabuzz)
+10 (Interdream Mist Spawn)
Total: 660 MP

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 7:24:27 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
It seemed that Grimmsnarl would live another day.

With a grunt, the killer turned around, and shambled off, deeper into the island. In some senses, this endeavour had been a success. After all, he'd stopped the advance of the League, at least through the most direct route. Yet, as it limped along, beaten and bloodied and with wounded pride, it could not truly claim it as a victory. Still, it could not rightly be called a defeat, either. No, in the grand scheme of things, this was just a bitter pill to be swallowed.

But it would be swallowed, and the demon would come back from it stronger. Thus, it made a hasty retreat, back to the hiding place of its trainer. There, away from the rigamrole of the battlefield, he would rest and recuperate.

Then, one day in the unknown future, he would get even.

5 IC Posts = 50MP
Killing Electabuzz = 10MP
Dream Mist = 10MP
Completing an RT Battle = 150MP
Participation = 50MP
Tying = 250MP
Total = 520MP.
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 20:18:55 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: