He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
713 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 16:56:02 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Today was the day. The day Noel would leave his past self behind and look toward the future with his head held up high in hopes of a better tomorrow. The day he would show Navy just how stronger he's gotten since that fateful day. And the day he would walk out of this building one step closer to his dream.[break][break]

As he walked through the entrance and headed his way inside, his heart was pounding inside his own eardrums. His nerves wracked him to no end and he couldn't shake the feeling off no matter how hard he tried. If he failed here was that the end of his journey? Would everything he had done up until now been all a waste? These doubts gnawed at his very core yet here he was now and there was no going back. He would emerge victorious no matter how difficult it would be.[break][break]

Stepping into the arena, he faces forward and awaits his sheriff, the one he's been dying to meet again after all this time. Noel would show him everything he's learned up to this point and even had a few surprises up in his sleeve. He lets out a few deep breaths to calm himself down and puts a hand to his belt, ready for the upcoming battle.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 10:52:08 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
LIVE IN THE SHADOWS OR DIE IN THE LIGHT.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

He feels guilty about what, inevitably, will happen. Noel’s ready to spread his wings. With a few victories under his belt, both here and in the wider region, he’s confident. Confidence can kill, and pride goeth before a fall.[break][break]
The real wars aren’t in the paper. A poet wrote that once. People write about daring victories, close defeats, and glory. Glory, glory, glory! Noel’s had a taste of warfare, but there’s always more. Until the League can chase Rocket away for good, the region isn’t safe.[break][break]
It behooves him to run Noel through the wringer. It’s his job to make sure that he knows what he’s really getting himself into. While his deputy isn’t the sort of trainer who will lose to one Pokemon anymore, his steel remains untested.[break][break]
Noel is ushered past a small waiting room. Beyond, Navy waits. He sits on an elevated platform overlooking a battle pitch. On Noel’s side, near the door, is a twin platform. There he can stand, looking over the battlefield, and direct his Pokemon.[break][break]
Hey, kid.” Navy smiles. Since the battle, he’s started wearing a brown hat. It’s the same sort of hat wears. Some dumb reporter snapped a picture. It took off. Now everyone in the region knows about the cowboy sheriff.[break][break]
Good to see you’ve made it. No need to rush this. I’ve got the whole afternoon clear. Lemme ask you a question. I’ve asked you before, but I wanna hear your answer again: why do you wanna be a trainer?

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
713 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 20:31:57 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Time and time again he had been asked that very same question, both from others and to himself. Yet each time the answer remained the same. That part of him had stayed consistent throughout his journey, the very same goal he had realized as as a child was only forged stronger now as a young adult. All the hardships he had gone through and the sights he had seen, from the never-ending war against Rocket to the invasions of the alien Megalopolans, everything led him here. And there would be no stopping him, not until he became the very best the world had seen.[break][break]

"And I'll give the same response from when we first met. I will become the Champion, I'm not going to settle for anything less than that, no matter how long it takes. And Navy, you're going to be my first step towards that dream. I'm not leaving here until I show you everything I've learned and defeat you."[break][break]

Noel looks up to his mentor with a fierce determination in his eyes, his stubbornness wouldn't allow him to accept a loss here, not when his gym challenge had only just begun. He clutches a Pokeball from his belt and removes it, tossing it lightly straight up into the air and catching it on the return. He was ready for whatever may follow starting from hereon out

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 17:42:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

He’s always liked this kid’s moxie.[break][break]
It may get him killed, but that’s his mistake to make. Parents, mentors, they do the best they can. Instill all the knowledge they have, hard-fought as it was. They pray the next generation will do better. Inevitably, the child makes mistakes. It’s all part of growing up.[break][break]
Yet still, Navy smiles.[break][break]
Alright, Noel. Alright.” He won’t deign to judge him. His life, his choices. His path up the warrior’s road. A press of a button sends them down. A battle pitch is revealed to be a large elevator. Around them is steel, lit by lights along the massive elevator shaft. Down and down they go, into the pit Navy has dubbed the dragon’s den.[break][break]
You know…some people don’t really get it. Why I call myself a dragon trainer. Hell, out of the three Pokemon people know me for, only one’s a dragon.” It’s his turn to talk. This is something just for Noel – a secret between mentor and protégé.[break][break]
You ever get read bedtime stories when you were a kid? All the ones I remember were about dragons. Them, and the heroes that fought ‘em.” Folding his arms, he smiles. Some part of him wonders how would take this.[break][break]
Nothing’s as strong as a dragon. People have put ‘em on flags since they figured out how to sew. They’re a symbol…and they’re meant to be beaten.” As they finally slip into place amidst a massive granite battlefield, strewn with debris, the first of Navy’s dragons take to the field.[break][break]
Arthur is as fine a specimen of Kommo-O as Navy’s ever seen. Pacing, prowling, he clangs his scales together. Through their paired sync stones, he senses the dragon’s intentions. If Noel should run in fear, his ideals are meaningless things. Let the warrior step forward. Let him fight his dragon. If he can’t even do that, then he’ll never stand up to Rocket or .[break][break]
So come on. Show us what you’ve got.

notes about this post

Kommo-O uses clangorous soul!

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
713 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 16:47:34 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The moment was now. Finally the battle had begun and Noel now had to decide which of his Pokemon would be the forefront for their arduous gauntlet. Yet the choice was already clear in his mind, something that Navy would recognize almost instantly. With the ball that was already in his hand, he tosses it forward to unveil his starting fighter. A tall and droopy-looking Hisuian Goodra springs forth, hunched over due to its cumbersome shell on its back.[break][break]

"I agree, dragons may be one of the most powerful kind of Pokemon out there, and its thanks to you that I've got one so near and dear to me. This one's gone through so much so fast ever since that fateful day when I received that egg. And now it's going to demonstrate just how strong it's become. Now I hope you don't mind if we make the first move."[break][break]

The gooey Goodra begins its advance, pushing all of its body weight into its front end to help it sprint faster. It was heading straight towards its opponent and once close enough, skid its body across the floor, using all of its momentum to swing its giant Iron Tail around, turning its body around completely. The massive carapace would be difficult to dodge, if even possible, however Noel knew that Navy wouldn't let things end so easily like this. He would have to react quickly to each and every one of his moves if he wanted to stand a chance.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 17:00:41 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Arthur!” The gym leader barks the order with a commander’s voice. It is a testament to the dragon’s respect for him that it obeys. “Full speed ahead! Don’t hold back! Head on! That’s how we do things, right?”[break][break]
Arthur moves to test the young dragon. Dodging a wide-sweeping attack from a steel-type Pokemon is an exercise in futility. Better to go on the offensive. Better to fight. Raising his fist, Arthur does just that. Red fighting spirit, the essence of a Fighting Pokemon, gathers around his fists. Lunging forward with every muscle on his powerful body, the drain punch slams against the Iron Tail.[break][break]
The resulting blast of force is brilliant to behold. Noel deserves an audience. The people deserve their hero. One day, they’ll get what they deserve. Today, he has to prove himself.[break][break]
Navy grips the handrail, his hat almost flying away in the wind. Gritting his teeth, digging his feet in, he looks up. Both Pokemon put everything they had into their first blows. Arthur stumbles away after the blow, his scales clanging. Tracking his movements through the dust cloud proves elementary thanks to how loud his fighting dragon can be.[break][break]
Now there’s a proper introduction for two dragons! Think they like each other! C’mon! We’re just getting started!

notes about this post

Kommo-O uses drain punch! Iron Tail hits!

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
713 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 16:26:24 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The clash of dragons felt like an explosion had just occurred. A gust of wind breezes past Noel and in place of the dueling Pokemon was a dust cloud obscuring his vision. All he could see at the moment were their silhouettes inside. If this is how Navy wanted to start things off, then he really was holding nothing back. And neither should he. The sheriff seemingly lost himself to the fervor of battle and so Noel does the same.[break][break]

"I should follow your example Navy. That's right. It's all or nothing in the heat of battle. This won't end until one of us is the last one standing, and it has to be me. Now go Goodra, blast away!"[break][break]

He spoke with such confidence that if anyone were watching he'd more than likely be chosen for favored to win. The underdog that came from a dainty town and rose from nothing to challenge the town hero. But he was no story, he was alive and here making his dreams come true. He could not allow himself to be defeated here. He would not allow it.[break][break]

Hidden inside the aftermath of their first blow, the Hisuian Goodra could not see its trainer yet his words reached the gooey creature loud and clear. Gathering up draconic energy inside its mouth, it then fires off a Dragon Pulse straight ahead against its foe. The concentrated laser landing against the Kommo-O's scales, causing the beam to refract and bounce off onto the walls. Noel's Pokemon pushes harder in an attempt to make a crack against any point on the dragon's body. The constant movement of its attack caused an almost light-show like phenomenon in the arena. One of the beams whizzes just past Noel's face but he stands unflinching and steadfast.[break][break]

"Be careful there Sheriff, wouldn't want anything to happen to you while you're up there on your high horse."

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 19:04:42 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

This is an honorable battle between warriors. Two dragons clash. Arthur, forced back, contends with an opponent that wisely knows to keep its distance. A Kommo-O clanging its scales injures itself. It burns itself out in its pursuit of power. There’s something romantic in that notion, in cutting the wick to make the flame burn hotter. The dragon’s scarlet right hand comes alive with fire.[break][break]
Marching forward, it rushes to meet the other dragon. His armor is cracked, but he barrels through with bullheaded determination. Arthur, though a recent addition to Navy’s team, has proven a valuable commodity. He was exceedingly well-trained before coming into the Sheriff’s care, and he isn’t the sort of creature to let someone press an advantage. His cracked scales reveal soft flesh beneath. There’s an opening there for Noel and his dragon to exploit…[break][break]
…or there would be, were it just the two of them on the battlefield. Perched off the field, high on a rock, is a king of the sea. Leviathan was named well. Kingdra are apex predators of a world humans rarely get to see. Trained, haughty, vicious as the Kingdra is, he has been instructed well by his tamer. He obeys those instructions, trusting in the human’s intentions.[break][break]
A concentrated dragon pulse of his own is launched at the Goodra’s back from far away. The shot carries across vast distances, courtesy of the Kingdra’s keen aim. It doesn’t deviate from its course. At the same time, Arthur levels a fire punch at his foe.[break][break]
Don’t get cocky, kid. Remember…Rocket doesn’t play fair. Neither do dragons.

notes about this post

Dragon Pulse hits. Kommo-O uses Fire Punch after Goodra creates a hole in his armor. Kingdra, from a far distance, uses dragon pulse augmented by sniper!

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
713 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 3:11:36 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The combo of attacks was too much for the poor dragon. If it was just the backstab it would surely recover but the Fire Punch proved to be too much. It's knocked away towards Noel with a heavy thud as it lays on its side, knocked out and unable to continue. Noel brings out his Pokeball and returns his Hisuian Goodra back into its home.[break][break]

"You did good... We'll finish the fight for you."[break][break]

Taking a moment to revaluate the situation set before him, he turns his gaze up to Navy and speaks with his heart set ablaze.[break][break]

"I know... I've seen first-hand just what Rocket is capable of. I'll never underestimate just what ruthless and dirty tricks they may have in store... But that doesn't mean I have to stoop to their level. I'll deal with them or whatever else may come at me my way. So what if I get outnumbered? That just means I'll have to prove that me and my Pokemon are capable on our own."[break][break]

Summoning forth his Milotic out onto the field, the serpent-like Pokemon lets out a battle cry to signal its entrance. A two on one fight surely wasn't favorable, but Noel wasn't about to let that get him down. He knew that with enough perseverance, anything was possible.[break][break]

Shortly after release, the water-type Pokemon slithers its way near the edges of the arena, letting loose rapid-fire Scale Shots towards both opponents. It would keep its distance away from the Kommo-O while pelting it along with the Kingra with its hardened projectiles, never stopping its movement at all. Range was the game for now and if they could take at least one of them out, then there was hope still out there.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 13:17:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

The only response Navy can give Noel after a speech like that is a soft smile. Words are wind, or so men overlooking the arena would say. Noel is the one cast into this battle. He’s the one choosing to persevere even though the deck is stacked against him. With an enemy to the left of him and an enemy to the right, he fights on.[break][break]
His conviction is rewarded as the scales strike true. They ping Arthur right in his weak spot, making the great Kommo-O take a knee. Huffing, the dragon gives a respectful bow to Noel and the Milotic at his side. Arthur’s role in this story is done. A flash of red signals his return to the pokeball.[break][break]
Look at you go. Arthur’s one of my best dragons, y’know. Not just anybody could take him down. Guess that evens us out to two each, huh? So you proved you can keep your cool with multiple opponents on the field. What about…”[break][break]
A gloved finger slips over a button, pressing it down, the roof starts to drip water. Drip turns into a downpour, the field being covered in rain. Kingdra, already swift, grows even faster. Skirting across the high rock faces of the gym, he fires another water pulse at the Milotic. If the beautiful water serpent is content to dance with him from across the field, Leviathan is content to do the same.

notes about this post

Scale shots take Kommo-O out of the fight. Navy triggers rain on the battlefield, giving both Milotic and Kingdra water boosts. Kingda uses water pulse augmented by sniper.

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
713 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 20:11:42 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

An attack like that would spell demise for Noel's Milotic. While a surge of power rushes through the Pokemon due to the water, it wasn't enough to dodge the oncoming hit. The rings of water were coming straight at it with such speed it was impossible to get out of the way. With no other course of action, the shining Pokemon leaps forward towards the Water Pulse, spiraling its body through the middle of the hoops with grace.[break][break]

Even Noel was surprised by his Pokemon's actions. Just where did it learn a trick like that? Perhaps that night at the mermaid show with gave inspiration for this tactic. Either way, his Milotic was now soaring through the air from its mighty leap, barreling towards the Kindra on top of its high perch. Once it made the way to its mark, the serpent would entrap the Kingdra with its body, wrapping its long and slender frame around the dragon. It would squeeze with all its might in an attempt to force the sheriff's Pokemon into submission.[break][break]

"There we go! Looks like you're not the only one with tricks up their sleeves Navy. Like you've said before, gotta be prepared for anything that can happen on the battlefield right?"[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:12:03 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Even with Leviathan’s incredible speed, he is ensnared by the Milotic. Shrieking, the great king of the whorl tries to blow Milotic away with dragon pulses. Up close, it proves impossible to aim at the creature’s body. He’s a spider caught in a web – a sniper taken from its perch.[break][break]
Heh.” Navy has a hand in his pocket, looking up at the battle. His response to Noel is a nod, the confidence in his voice still wavering. “You know how the gym’s advertised as the dragon gym? Just a cover. It’s really the warfare gym. Most trainers on a real battle don’t stick to one type, even if dragons are really cool.”[break][break]
There’s a secret in his back pocket. Rocket has plenty of those. It looks like it’s time for the star of the show to take to the field.[break][break]
Milotic’s shadow begins to bubble. Something watery threatens to spill out, shooting up towards the beautiful serpent. Hattori emerges from the black brine, a shadowed kunai in his hand. Navy’s premier shinobi strikes up at Milotic, the latest victim of his shadow sneak.

notes about this post

Kingdra is wrapped and trapped! Greninja appeears to try and help him out!

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
713 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 3:16:43 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

With its focus so ingrained on keeping the Kingra locked tight in its grasp, the water-type Pokemon is unable to foresee the attack coming from behind. A loud cry echoes out into the arena, a pain sizzling from its back causes the Milotic to finally release its opponent. A murky kunai sticks from its back as it starts to fall off the high rock. It crashes harshly onto the stone floor, bruises and cuts marked over its entire body. Noel watches in disbelief as his beloved friend is so mercilessly cut down in front of him. Time seemed to slow down, he was already down another Pokemon while two remained on the other side.[break][break]

Swiftly recalling his Pokemon back, he grits his teeth in anguish. He was hoping it wouldn't have to come down to his final Pokemon, yet this was Navy he was facing. The person that started his whole journey in the first place, of course this wasn't going to be easy. He was prepared for this moment. In the worst possible situation which he was in right now, he'd charge on through as if the odds weren't stacked against him. He thought of every single outcome in this fight, every way it would go, from the worst of outcomes to the best. But no amount of planning would prepare him for the real thing. In the battlefield anything was possible and everything that can go wrong, will.[break][break]

"Now you've really got me cornered Navy... But this is what you trained me for isn't it? You've been guiding me this whole time, making sure that I would be ready for today. Well... here I am. And just because I'm at a disadvantage now, doesn't mean I'm going to give up so easily. You've shown me throughout all our adventures, that just because things look grim, that doesn't mean you shouldn't still give it your all."[break][break]

Tossing his last Pokeball out onto the field, his partner, Whimsicott, would now have to work twice as hard to ensure their victory. With everything now on the line, it begins to store up energy within itself. Low growls could be heard from the fluffy Pokemon which in turn slowly deviates into a long shout in anger. A massive ball of energy swirls on top of Noel's Pokemon, practically covering half of the stadium.[break][break]

"Now see if you can dodge this one!"[break][break]

With the command now given, the grass and fairy type unleashes a Moonblast forward. The giant sphere of fairy power slowly encompassing Noel's view of the battle. He could only hope this would do some damage at the very least. This was their strongest attack yet, and if it failed, they would still have one last resort to play.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 10:12:55 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

You know, it’s usually me giving the pep talks.” Even in the midst of their battle, his tone is playful. He has his role to play when he’s in here, but the mask slips. There’s pride there, mixed with mirth. Maybe one day, Noel will be on this side of the field.[break][break]
Glad you’ve got so much spirit. I like your moxie. Grit’ll carry you through the tough times.” So he watches. Waits to see where Noel’s grit will take him. As the last Pokemon comes out, the blast tears apart much of the arena.[break][break]
He thanks his lucky stars that it’s easy to haul in more granite. They’ve got a nigh-infinite supply of the stuff. Hattori screams from across the battle. Both Leviathan and Hattori seem to be wholly consumed by the blast. As moonlight washes over them, silence falls over the battlefield.[break][break]
What is left in the wake of the devastation is a slumbering Leviathan. One of Noel’s foes is done for. Leviathan has been knocked out cold. Frankly, Navy considers it a miracle that the dragon wasn’t slain outright. Recalling Leviathan, Navy figures a quick trip to a Pokemon Center will make it all better.[break][break]
Yet where Hattori should be, there is only a substitute. Hattori evaded the blast. He stands alone before the final opponent, the victim of a bad match-up. Yet still, the shinobi draws his kunai. He holds it at the ready. Whatever happens next, the one-eyed frog is ready to face it head on.[break][break]
He usually doesn’t get this into fighting! Looks like you woke up his fighting spirit!

notes about this post

Kingdra is knocked out. Greninja avoids the blast with a substitute.

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
713 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Growing Up[GYM]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 18:16:30 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

After firing off such a devastating attack, the Whimsicott is left barely standing in place, exhausted from having spent so much strength in a short amount of time. Panting softly, all that remained in the eyes of the small Pokemon was one last adversary. In what seemed like a stand-off, neither rival wanted to make the first step. Using this small moment to recuperate, Noel's Pokemon regains its composure, standing at the ready for whatever followed next. [break][break]

"So this is it... We're both down to the wire with our final allies." He takes a deep breath, reflecting on everything that brought him to this point. "I keep thinking back to that day we met. How I thought you were so powerful, and that there was no way I could ever reach that level of strength in my life. But now I know. No one is unbeatable. Not you. Not me. Not even the Champion. And that with enough time, anything is possible. So lets do this Navy. One final fight."[break][break]

Inspired by its trainer's speech, the small Whimsicott briefly turns its head back towards him and gives an approving nod before returning its gaze back to the arena before them. Patience. They were not like their past selves. No more are the days of mindlessly rushing in, expecting a victory just because you want it. Setting up a Cotton Guard, the Whimsicott would spread its makeshift armor all over its body. It couldn't afford to fall here.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]