jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Wild Winds Coldly Blow [M]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 23:04:14 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

A plume of condensation erupted around Jack's face as he blew out an exasperated breath. The snow had already been falling when Jack left Verdanturf on a last-minute assignment from the Ranger Captain to pick up "critical supplies" from the Slateport Ranger Station. Jack hadn't asked what could be considered critical supplies so late in the evening in what looked to be a brewing snowstorm; instead he had been forcing himself to keep from scowling. Now, he found himself heading down one of Slateport's wide streets toward the local station.[break][break]

Hu grumbled to himself under his breath, avoiding any more large puffs of air that would refreeze in his eyebrows as his boots crunched through the freshly fallen snow on the sidewalk. The streets were largely empty as he closed in on the station - Hoenn's mainly tropical populace clearly choosing the warm indoors over the biting wind and blowing snow. By the time Jack reached the station, visibility had severely deteriorated and he hoped that the other Ranger he was told would be meeting him here had actually decided to come, lest Jack be stranded outside in the storm.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

– Mission: It's So Sn'over (FIT)

[attr="class","jackpkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost"]--accent:#52D8D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 1:53:45 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

The other Ranger had, in fact, decided to come - despite his better judgement.[break][break]
"Come on," Caleb grumbled to Nox. The Lokix was barely discernible as it flitted from snowbank to snowbank, keeping to the shadows as he liked to do. The wind picked up, and Caleb pulled his scarf up around his face, shivering against the biting chill. Since when did it snow so much in Slateport?[break][break]
As they approached the station, Caleb thought he saw a figure by the entrance. The thick snowfall was obscuring his vision, but he trudged onwards until he was right next to the other man. Only from such a close distance was he able to make out his features.[break][break]
"Hey, sorry I'm late," he greeted. "It's getting pretty bad out there."[break][break]
Nox scurried up, clicking with displeasure and shaking the snow from his wings.[break][break]
Something about the tall, lanky, brown-haired main was familiar. Caleb's brow furrowed as he tried to recall where he'd seen him before. A Ranger meeting...? No, wait - [break][break]
"You're Jack," Caleb realized. "From the uh, fishing." He smiled a little despite the miserable conditions. "It's good to see you again."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 22:25:59 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Relief washed over him as the lone figure headed toward him. Jack shivered in the cold, wishing he was back in to comfort of his own home or nestled into bed with Aurelie in her apartment. Jack nodded in greeting to the other Range as he arrived, a faint sense of recognition tickling the back of his mind.[break][break]

"Yeah mate, it is pretty rough out. Not sure what was so important to get us both out into this," Jack said, unable to keep some of his annoyance at Ranger leadership from his voice.[break][break]

Jack's eyebrows rose in surprise as the other Ranger called him by name. After the shit show of a meeting he had attended before the Meteno incident, he avoided Ranger meetings as much as he could and coincidentally didn't know most of his comrades. Jack racked his brains when the man mentioned fishing until he landed on a memory of sharing beers during Splashfest in what seemed like an entirely different lifetime.[break][break]

"Caleb!" Jack exlaimed in recognition as he entered the building with his old acquaintance. Clasping the other man genially on the shoulder, he added, "So good to see you again, mate. Glad that you've made it through all the shit that's been going on!"[break][break]

Jack glanced around the unfamiliar entryway of the Slateport Ranger Station, happy to be out of the cold. Even through the window, the snowstorm seemed to worsen by the minute and icy gales shook the exterior of the building. Jack looked apologetically at Caleb before asking, "Any chance you lot have some beers and a fireplace in here? I'm not going to be able to make it back to Verdanturf until this weather settles."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

– Mission: It's So Sn'over (FIT)[break]
– Advent Calendar: Home

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 16:53:34 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Glad that you've made it through all the shit that's been going on![break][break]
Caleb's expression darkened, despite knowing, logically, that there was no way Jack understood just how wrong he happened to be. Technically, Caleb had survived the ordeal at the Ancient Tomb. Technically, Caleb had survived Rocket capture. All it had cost was his trust in the League.[break][break]
"There should be something around," he muttered, joining Jack in rummaging around the station. He lead the other man into the break room, opening the fridge to find a six pack of leftover beer and a half-eaten veggie platter from the recent holiday party. "Bingo," he grinned, pulling out the beer.[break][break]
Nox hopped up onto the counter, peering out the small window above the sink. He clicked in alarm. When Caleb followed his gaze, he could see that the window's exterior was...entirely white. The blizzard was so thick now, it was impossible to see anything outside of the station.[break][break]
"Yeah, I think we're...going to have to hang out here for a bit."[break][break]
Caleb's apartment was in Slateport, but even he didn't want to brave the awful weather to trudge back to the other side of town. Pulling out a chair from the folding table, he sat down with a sigh and cracked one of the beers.[break][break]
"So how've you been?" He asked, remembering his manners.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 2:09:30 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Jack hummed an ironic Wintertide tune as he watched the conditions outside the window turn into a full-on white-out. Accepting the beer with a grateful nod, Jack hesitated before he responded to the man's question.[break][break]

"I've been alright. Had a bit of a rough go in Galar during the collapse and I've head some run-ins with Team Rocket since I've been back that earned me a couple injuries," Jack shrugged his wounded shoulder almost subconsciously. "But I got promoted to Elite Ranger after some successful assignments and things with my girlfriend have been really great," he was quick to add, desperate to offset the negative with some positive.[break][break]

He raised his beer to Caleb as he said, "How about you? Feels like a different world since we met during the fishing tourney."[break][break]

Despite is grumpiness at being sent out on such a trivial assignment during a blizzard, Jack was grateful that it was Caleb that was here with him. After the chaotic pre-Meteno Ranger meeting Jack had been avoiding anything that looked like a large gathering of his fellows and besides the old Slateport Captain, he had his misgivings about the organization's top brass. With the exception of , Caleb seemed like the best option for forced Ranger interaction - and the man had found them some beer so that was bonus points for him.[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

– Advent Calendar: Holiday Song

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 5:11:49 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb settled back in his chair, sipped his beer - which was decent - and listened to Jack. At the mention of the other man's advancement, he held up the beer can as if in salute. "Cheers to the promotion," he declared.[break][break]
His own elevation to Elite felt like a lifetime ago now. He'd stopped caring about ranking up, but he supposed it did mean something. At the very least, it gave recruits a goal to work towards. Caleb had once had actual career aspirations, but then he'd met and had nearly left the Rangers to run off with Nautica. And now...[break][break]
"I..."[break][break]
He almost lied. It would have been easy enough: make small talk over a six pack of beer, wait for the blizzard to blow over, and wish Jack well. Maybe they'd hang out again, maybe not.[break][break]
But the words died in his throat. As he crunched the empty beer can and tossed it in the direction of the trash bin (he missed, and it clattered to the floor), Caleb felt a sudden compulsion to be candid. As if doing so was the first step in achieving real retribution.[break][break]
"Different world, for sure." He forced himself not to break eye contact with Jack. "To be honest, I've been through hell recently. I was captured by Rocket, tortured, and abandoned by the League."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 18:47:36 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Jack didn't break the eye contact, even though he wanted to.[break][break]

The candid confession of what Caleb had been through caused his heart to break for the man. He, himself, had only been captured for a few minutes but even the intervening months hadn't dulled the fear and horror of those memories of his torture. If Caleb was saying that the League never sent anyone for him, he inferred that the man had been captured for much longer; that Caleb had endured much worse horror.[break][break]

Words jumbled around in his head but he didn't know what to say. Instead he finished his beer, tossing his own crumpled can into the bin. Somberly, he got up and grabbed two more cans from the fridge, setting one in front of Caleb before resuming his seat.[break][break]

"Can't say I know what all you went through, mate, but I understand a little bit about being held and tortured. I don't know why the League didn't attempt a rescue and I won't make excuses for them, but I am sorry for what you went through," Jack said with quiet empathy. Jack hadn't known that Rocket had captured a Ranger but the idea of the League deliberately leaving Caleb there twisted his gut.[break][break]

Taking another drink, Jack set the can back down and rested his sweaty palms against his knees. "If you want to talk about it, I'm here."[break][break]

A burst of frigid wind rattled the window.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 20:18:43 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb had expected pity; he had even expected a defense of the League by a fellow Ranger. What he hadn't expected was empathy.[break][break]
"Jack - " Caleb started, sitting up slightly, feeling suddenly humbled by the understanding that flashed across the other man's face. He had some experience with capture and torture? Caleb wasn't the only one the League had failed to protect, it seemed.[break][break]
An unseen barrier crumbled, then; what had begun as a guarded indifference melted into a feeling of shared misery. The sort of camaraderie that can only manifest in the trenches. For all the denial, all the ignorance, all the hand-waving by League officials, here, finally, was someone who was willing to just listen.[break][break]
"Thank you," Caleb managed, absently running a hand through his hair. Outside, the wind howled like a lonely wolf. They sat in awkward silence, then Caleb cleared his throat.[break][break]
"Venting is all well and good, but I want action, Jack. The League seems scattered these days - unfocused, disorganized, irresponsible. Some new tragedy occurs on what feels like a daily basis. I was left to rot in a Rocket prison for nearly three months, and when I asked for an explanation, I was told - in so many words - that the League simply did not have enough resources to waste on me."[break][break]
He shook his head, appalled. Tired.[break][break]
"My guess is that, because I'm a Rocket defector, my rescue was deprioritized. I don't have proof of this, but I know enough about the League's divided sentiments regarding former Rockets to know there's likely at least some truth to it." Hands balled into fists, beer momentarily forgotten. "They say we have an Amnesty Program, but who's it actually for?"[break][break]
He sighed, flashing Jack an apologetic smile. "Sorry. This isn't your burden to bear. You've been dealing with your own bullshit, too, from the sounds of it."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 22:03:59 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

He nodded along in silence as Caleb spoke, signaling his agreement. Jack avoided League politics as much as he could while still being part of the Rangers, but even from the periphery Caleb was right: the League looked disorganized, it looked like it was fighting a losing battle against an enemy that gained more ground with each passing week. Jack held in a sigh; he was tired of always being on the back foot, of always responding to one more blow.[break][break]

He attempted to keep emotions from his face but it was impossible to suppress the grimace at the idea that the League didn't have the resources for a fellow Ranger in Rocket captivity. He fought to keep the grimace from deepening as Caleb revealed that he was a beneficiary of the Amnesty program. I've spent so much energy being mad at the League for allowing Rockets in, but look how we've let this man suffer. Are we any better than Rocket? Or are we just pretending?[break][break]

Jack pushed the uncomfortable thought away. He'd spent so much time since his painful experience on the resurfaced island hating Rocket that his stance couldn't change in an instance, but looking at Caleb sitting there across from him, his perspective widened.[break][break]

"We're all dealing with our own bullshit," Jack responded, waving away Caleb's comment about burdens. The thought that Caleb had been abandoned with the mercies of Team Rocket had twisted his innards, but hearing the details rankled Jack. He leaned forward, continuing, "You talked about action. So what do we do next?"

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 18:03:17 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The tension broke. Caleb's entire body relaxed, uncoiling from the unconscious apprehension that always filled him when he admitted to his Rocket past. Recent arguments with had put him on edge; memories of 's initial hatred a permanent stain. But only reflected back the same exact exhaustion Caleb felt: disappointment in a system that should have been helping rather than hurting.[break][break]
Caleb appreciated the support more than Jack could ever know.[break][break]
Backed by gratitude, he weighed Jack's question with the serious consideration it - and his support - deserved. What could they do, exactly?[break][break]
The sentiments of and his insistence that the Amnesty Program was worth backing came to mind, then. Caleb grit his teeth, feeling conflicted, a mess of complicated emotions always rising when he thought of Ollie these days. Sometimes, optimism wasn't enough. Sometimes, compassion wasn't enough.[break][break]
Was it really so hard to do as Jack had done, and simply understand?[break][break]
"The Amnesty Program needs to be run by someone who gets it," Caleb decided. "One of the main people in charge is a good man, but he has no...perspective on what it's like to survive the Kanto regime. To be a Rocket defector in any capacity." had a story worth telling, for example. "Maybe I should get more involved in it. I've been...stubbornly resistant."[break][break]
A sheepish grin flashed across his face, then.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 16:43:05 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Caleb's statement made sense. Or at least as much sense as it could make to Jack while he still struggled with his own misgivings for the amnesty program, and so he nodded in agreement.[break][break]

"So let's do that then," Jack said surprising himself. He paused the conversation for a moment to get the final beers from the six pack in the fridge. As he cracked them open, a brutal gust shook the window panes. "Well, you get more involved and I'll be there to back you up."[break][break]

He smiled encouragingly at Caleb even as he wondered what he was committing to himself. After the disastrous meeting planning where Rangers had thrown pies and one of them screamed and cried, Jack had avoided anything remotely resembling involvement in the greater organization; he preferred doing the good work of the Rangers without dealing with the actual organization of it. But hearing about what Caleb had gone through, he was willing to put his misgivings aside.[break][break]

Maybe Caleb has his own reasons to be 'stubbornly resistant', he thought, taking a swig of the beer.[break][break]

"If that is what you want to do?" he let the question hang between then while he took another drink.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 13:49:46 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb took the offered beer, cracked it open, but did not drink - not yet. The storm seemed to be intensifying, building shuddering, but Caleb barely paid it much attention. Instead, he was focused entirely on the man sitting across from him. The man who had just offered, without a single breath of hesitation, to back Caleb up if he needed it. When the time came, he'd be there. He'd help.[break][break]
"Yes," he replied with a sudden conviction. "That is what I want to do."[break][break]
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 7:10:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: