She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
A Wintery Day at Shoal Cave [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 4:34:28 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwendolyn waded through the waters of Route 125, lightly gripping onto her Dragalge's wings as it guided her through the sweeping blues. Unlike in the summer seasons, the water today was a chilly temperature. It made her shiver a bit as her ride took her to one of the coves that had been unearthed by the lower tides. She had got it on good passerby rumors that a lot of good Pokemon could be located here. And not one to really pass up a chance at some new additions to the crew, the ranger trainee was off and away.

The two wandered up and onto the shore as Gwen shook with cold and pulled herself out of the cold water and onto land. Shaking her body free, her hands dove into her waterproof ranger bag and pull out a blanket to try and warm herself up. "S-S-So cold..." she said to herself. Even her Goomy had been pressing itself against her neck to try and warm itself up from the temperature difference.

She recalled the Dragalge after a quick apology and soon got to work on exploring the inside of the cave, hoping to find some pokemon inside of here.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 18:53:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Luckily for her, she wouldn’t be alone for much longer.

Having just let his Glastrier run back into the part of the cave system to just thrive and be there, he would emerge from one of the side entrances that led into the deeper parts of Shoal Cave altogether and saw that…

(There went his idea of smoking, he had to be professional after all.)

“Looking for something? Or did you get lost?”

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 20:32:21 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The sound of somebody approaching without her noticing had made the Ranger trainee jump in sudden fright.

”WAUGH!!!”

Still shivering inside of her blanket and damp wetsuit, Gwendolyn looked back at the man standing before her. Her large glasses sat ajar on her face before being corrected by her trembling hands. ”So-S-Sorry. You scared me.” The chilled Ranger apologized to the man while offering an apologetic glance. At least, until she started to stare.

”You seem kind of familiar…” Gwen said while her Goomy wiggled around from her movements and started to burrow underneath the blanket. What she would do to curl up by that fireplace near the Ranger HQ during the Christmas season. As Gwen stared, she began to look a bit longer at her cave partner.

”Wait, I think I saw you on some of the Ranger training stuff. Yeah! You're Captain…Laurance, right?”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 17:15:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Mamma mia.

Fact that she’d called him by his government full name made him realize something—either she was looking to get into the Rangers, or she was already one and had gone through the manuals, at the very least!

“Okay, first off—you’re soaking wet, what are you thinking standing around in clothes like that, second—you can call me Lars,” he continued as he summoned a Volcarona, who then flapped her wings several times in an attempt to warm up the place.

“Get your clothes dry first,” he added.

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 23:38:43 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The heat coming from the Volcarona's wings had been a welcomed gift to Gwendolyn. The shivering ranger trainee enjoyed the warmth radiating from the bug while starting to get dry from her little arctic plunge to even get into the cave. Once she was fully not freezing anymore, Gwen was finally able to go on and answer the question. She even gave a small little salute to the man.

"Ah-I was using my free time to go searching for Pokemon to catch and fill out my team, Captain!...er, Lars." Gwen answered him and felt her Goomy wiggle its antennae at the man in greeting. It let out a soft whine and slithered across Gwen's head to get inspect a puddle of cold water nearby to moisturize itself. "I was told by some other people there were some strong ones here and wanted to check it out."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 15:27:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You look like you took a really long dip in the water before getting here,” he hummed quietly; while the Volcarona continued flapping her wings to continue raising the temperature around the nearby area.

More like, it looks like she took a swift swim in the cold water… which is kind of crazy considering that it’s already ‘winter’ around here despite being a tropical region… he continued to himself before looking up at her pronouncement.

“There are indeed, many powerful Ice-types around here. Although, there’s one particular Glalie you may want to watch out for.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 6:24:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PILOSWINE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] THICK FAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FREEZE-DRY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GLALIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE TEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHEER COLD
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ROLLOUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 20:47:37 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Kinda. We took an alternate route to get inside of here. I have a Dragalge that needed to stretch her fins for a bit." Gwendolyn said in response to Lars. She was enjoying the heat source coming from nearby and hummed in relief while the ranger captain had warned her about a Glalie that resided in the caves. It was around that same time that one lowered itself onto the ground from its hiding position above them.

"Uh, is this the one?" Gwen asked Lars for his approval. If he said no, she'd call out her Magneton to the field. The electric type hummed in unison, darting around every which way. It let out a soft yellow light and then unleashed a quick beam of electric energy at the Glalie, stunning it.

"Great job, guys!" The trainee cheer and threw a pokeball at the target, hoping to catch it.

[ Gwen tries to catch the Glalie ]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 17:35:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“No, it’s not that one… the Glalie that you have to look out for has bloodshot eyes. And much larger than normal,” he added as an afterthought.

It didn’t take too long for a Piloswine to come following after the Glalie; and rather than having the Volcarona charge after the other Ice-type (as Vesta was keeping the place warm) he then popped a Moon Ball open and sent out his Lucario.

“Alpha, can you handle that for me?” he asked the jackal Pokémon; who then weaved around Freeze-Dry attack before lobbing out a potent Aura Sphere at the other Pokémon.

Unamused, the Piloswine chucked a Mud Bomb at the Lucario; who dodged out of range with an Extreme Speed before slamming it with a Meteor Mash before following it up with a Pokéball.

catch attempt on Piloswine!

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 21:03:00 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GLALIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FREEZE DRY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICE SHARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] SWITCHEROO

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CRABOMINABLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANGER POINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DYNAMIC PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DIZZY PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] WIDE GUARD

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 2:22:13 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

A Glalie with bloodshot eyes? That was something that didn't come every day.

"Wow, it sounds like it's sick or something." The newbie walked over to collect her new Glalie with a concerned expression. The orange curtain of hair swung about while she rolled the filled pokeball around her fingers in thought. She looked back to Lars with eyes brimming with a curious mind. "Did you run into it during an expedition? Why're you hunting it here?"

He made quick work of the Piloswine about while she watched. The little thing was cute. She honestly wanted a Swinub to keep her warm on cold days like the one today. Although hairy, they definitely could hold in heat to stay warm. Speaking of hairy things, one hairy looking Pokemon would come out from the rocks nearby. Its massive arms flailed around at the intruders to its home. Fortunately, her Magneton was ready to go!

"Zap Cannon!" Gwen ordered. The group of fused Magnetites all focused on the Crabominable skittering about before unleashing their electricity. The attack pushed the furry thing back, staggered by the blow. She followed it up with a thrown Pokeball to capture the little guy.

[ Gwen tries to catch the Crabominable ]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 19:38:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

As luck would have it… another Glalie would appear.

“No, it’s not that one either,” he remarked as he let this one go back whence they came. The Lucario looked over at him, brows furrowed in confusion before nodding back his way.

The Glalie would get away, scot-free, while he watched her handle the Crabominable with a singular Zap Cannon—dang, no Lock-on? That attack was a hit-and-miss half the time!

It took skill to land the attack without relying on Lock-on, so he would give her that.

“Are you warmed up enough? We can go deeper into the caves now,” he suggested.

skipping Glalie!

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 1:27:35 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLEM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EXPLOSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGNITUDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GASTRODON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STICKY HOLD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEMENTO
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

CAUGHT THE CRABOMINABLE!
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 5:42:49 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Yeah, I'm warmer now. Not 100%, but I can move around now. Thanks for the help." Gwendolyn smiled at Lars as she got rid of the blanket around her, though not before pushing her glasses back up her nose. Even her Goomy had been supportive of the little warm up. She let Lars take the lead and followed behind.

Their delve into the icy depths was soon interrupted but an enemy most foul: a Gastrodon that would stand before the two. Gwen watched as it had remained busy nibbling on a bit of fauna that had been lying around the path beside them. "Aww, look at it! I don't know what help a Gastrodon could be, but I can waste a pokeball on it."

She smiled, pointing at the Gastrodon. It hadn't noticed her which made it a perfect target for her. Cautious in her steps, Gwen took aim while its head was down and threw her pokeball at the aquatic mollusk.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 17:14:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“The first thing you should consider—their typing,” he remarked as he watched the pink Gastrodon squelch around.

“See, people normally mistake it to be just a Ground-type, so they try to hit it with Water-type moves. But then… they have the ability Storm Drain, which draws all Water-type moves towards them and gives them a slight advantage in battle,” he explained.

“That would be some of the good things about them, for starters.”

Because he’d already been tricked one too many times back in Alto Mare by these danged things; only he’d seen the blue ones more often than the pink.

“They have a blue variant, though I’m sure you know about that since you’re from Sinnoh,” he added with a sheepish scratch to the back of his head.

Not too far away from where she’d tried to catch the Gastrodon by surprise, he thought he saw a Golem lurking in the shadows—before it stole back whence it came.

“Huh.”

skipping Golem!

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights