TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A Wintery Day at Shoal Cave [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 2:45:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHINY AURORUS APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SNOW WARNING
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NATURE POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FREEZE DRY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNORUNT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICE SHARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE CRASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE GASTRODON!

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 7:02:47 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Lars was just an encyclopedia of knowledge waiting to be prodded open. Gwendolyn looked at him during his brief all about Gastrodon and their rather unique typing versus their appearance. She never would have guessed that they would be a ground and water type together! She loved them all the same though!

Her thick glasses started at mid way of her nose when he began speaking. By the time he had finished, they were just about ready to fall off. A hand pushed them back up and Gwen smiled at him.

"Wow. You must be an expert on that type of stuff. And yeah, back home in Sinnoh, I used to see a bunch of these blue ones!"

Their journey into the caverns continued. Gwen soon looked about into the field of ice and stalactites (they were the ones on the ground, right?) before coming across a wounded Auroras lying down near some sheet ice that had been packed around it as cover from the rocks. "Hey, this one's wounded!"

She hurried over with an open hand until its wound begin to glow and spark with electricity. Gwen only recognized this a second before a wave of electricity blasted through the cave, sending her tumbling back. She was thankful for getting her wetsuit dried fully, as this likely would have really hurt if she was still wet from the dive.

"H-Hey, it's okay. We won't hurt you." Gwen slowly approached the wounded Aurorus and dipped into her bag. It growled at what she was doing until she revealed some berries she had picked for her Gabite a day or so ago. "Are you hungry?" She slowly approached the Pokemon and laid it by him.

The Aurorus kept his eyes on both of them and slowly lowered his head to eat. While doing this, she turned back to Lars. "Cap- Uh, Lars? How come it's all...not colored right? Shouldn't an Aruorus be blue with white crystals?"

After his meal, he at least was a bit more trusting towards the two. Gwen tried coming closer with her hands stretched out for him to see. "You're really hurt, huh? Did something happen?" The Auroras exhaled and allowed her to come up to him before letting out a tired, pained cry before lowering itself to her. Her eyes looked up to see the damage down to its head flaps. She couldn't recognize it, but maybe Lars could see.

It had fought for the right to sire with a female and had lost horribly.

"It's okay. I can bring you back to a Pokemon Center back home and they can get you back to normal. If you don't want to stay, I won't force you. I promise, but please let me help."

The Aurorus looked at them both with caution and seemed ready to attack both again as it slowly stood up. He staggered a huff and then turned to the younger of the Rangers and pushed his head against hers. She winced from the impact, but slowly went to pat his icy exterior. Gwen reached into her bag and pulled out another spare pokeball, then pressed it against the Aurorus's body in an attempt to catch it.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 16:29:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Part and parcel of being a Ranger—you learn about Pokémon in the wild, what sets them apart, how they use what they have to survive. Plus first-hand experience from encountering them yourself,” he explained.

“Always have your eyes and ears open—because for Rangers like us, the entire world is our teacher. Sometimes gentle, sometimes cruel, but always willing to teach those who pay attention and listen.”

It didn’t take too long for them to find an Aurorus—and from the way the coloration differed, he knew that this was an omen… one of good luck.

“You should take care of that Aurorus,” was all he would say after she’d taken the lead to feed them and check up on what happened.

“Because I’m pretty sure they’re going to take care of you—because you saved their life,” he added.

He knew the signs more than she did—this one had been spurned by another female Aurorus, and with what little pride left, had left the scorned female behind…

Little did he realize that he would see a smaller shadow darting around near the ceiling, before he spotted it when it made a loud squeaking noise and then fell from aforementioned ceiling…

“Whoops,” he chuckled as he held his hands out to catch the obviously surprised… it was a Snorunt.

One of the Pokémon he was looking for. While it reminded him of his own Glalie, well…

“Lost?” he asked the Snorunt, before digging into a pocket of his jacket and pulling out some slightly squashed Yache berries for the small, triangular Pokémon to chew on while they were exploring around the place.

“You know,” he continued as he looked over at his companion.

“I think that was a shiny Aurorus.”

Eventually the small, triangular Pokémon would make a little noise before he fished out some more squashed Yache berries and continued feeding the Pokémon.

He also knew that once a Pokémon had the scent of a human all over them, it would be impossible for them to return to the wild because the other Pokémon would inevitably reject them…

friendship catch attempt on Snorunt!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 4:35:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NUMEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OBLIVIOUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNEASEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PICKPOCKET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BEAT UP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE CRASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 9:37:49 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Yeah, I guess I did...I don't know why I did that. Just...seeing something in that state made me want to help."

The Aurorus disappeared into the ball and rocked side to side a few times before a click signaled the Pokemon had been caught. Gwen smiled appreciatively and kept the pokeball close to her chest. "We'll get you some help, I promise." She pocketed the pokeball into her bag while Lars would continue to give invaluable advice to her.

She was happy that he was here, if not to calm her nerves a bit but to also guide her along with what a proper Ranger would do in any situation. Gwendoyln thought more on Rangers being students of not just nature but the world around them.

"I'll think about all that. Thanks, Lars. Did you know this much you became a Ranger?"

She said and went to carefully check on her Goomy. The dragon type was still nice and comfortable on her shoulder, though looking at the Snorunt that he had just picked up and befriended. Gwen smirked and watched with a keen interest before they continued on their walk through the cave.

Just as they rounded a corner, a Sneasel stood before the group. It came barreling at the Magneton. Sharp claws scratched the surface while the steel types beeped in a pained but lively pattern.

"You alright?" she called out.

They chittered along and set their sights on the Sneasel. Their magnet hums rotated while emitting a soft hum. Their bodies flittered around and unleashed a Flash Cannon at the cocky wild Pokemon. The Sneasle was hit in full and skidded backwards with a pained huff. Gwen tossed out another ball in hopes of securing another catch.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 13:06:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I learned it all from experience, yes—however I took my Ranger training in another region before being reassigned here,” he shared.

It would be up to her to believe the story or not, though.

“I trained in Alto Mare, somewhere close to the Johto region. The training over there is mostly for aquatic-style missions, seeing as how cramped and narrow the streets over there are. We had to swim a lot because most of our work involved getting in the water.”

A Numel came trundling by, however he decided to let the Ground-type waddle off. Probably had some family they were going home to.

The Volcarona continued to circle around them; providing warmth as they went further into the cave proper.

“Have you completed your Ranger training here yet?” he inquired a few moments later.

skipping Numel!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 4:17:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FRIGIBAX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOCUS ENERGY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] DRAGON RUSH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SILICOBRA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND SPIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MINIMIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COIL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE SNEASEL!
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 3:33:02 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwen listened to Lars continue on about his ranger experience and where he learned to be so knowledgeable about pokemon with. He really was a little walking library of knowledge! She wanted to sit him down one day and just ask him about everything he knew and went through. The mental image of such a time had been interrupted by his question about her training.

"W-Well, I mean..." she stammered out and tried to think of how to phrase her question. "It's a pretty arduous task to get through that entire packet and then orientations and on top of that, the online portions. So I kind of...haven't gotten around to them yet. B-But I will! Hoenn is just busy is all. They kind of need all hands on deck."

Hopefully that was a good enough answer.

Another wild Pokemon would stand before them, this one being a smaller reptile that stood upright in its own unique little way. Gwen had to keep herself from fawning over it too hard. Her Magneton had still been a little damaged but ready to fight again. "Electro Ball!" she called out. The pokemon jittered in place and shot out a sphere of electricity at the Frigibax.

The attack had hit its mark and Gwen followed up with a pokeball thrown at the little guy as she hoped to try and catch it quickly.

"What other stuff have you done, sir?" she asked. "I bet you have like a million stories about saving pokemon and people!"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 0:02:02 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“When was Hoenn not busy, I ask,” he cackled the moment she mentioned the literal… poor information overload that she had to go up against just to get here.

“Look, see, if you’ve been around the region as long as I have… the times when Hoenn isn’t acting up is usually a cause for concern,” he hummed quietly as he saw a sand snake hissing from some corner—he was reminded of another fellow Ranger at the sight of the Silicobra before letting it slip away into the darkness.

(Hi, .)

“Most of the time, what you need is hands-on experience. Not everything can be taught on paper and diagrams,” he went on.

“Though sometimes, things can and will get overwhelming. Like how to handle massively supernatural-related phenomena, for one thing.”

How was he going to ease her into this…? Oh, right.

“Do you believe in legendary Pokémon?”

skipping Silicobra!

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 5:41:56 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WOOPER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUDDY WATER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CRYOGONAL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACID ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LASER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

CAUGHT THE FRIGIBAX!
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 6:11:58 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

At least they were both in agreement. If there was some massive threat against Hoenn or the League, it was considered "a slow day." Gwen was like puppy though, listening to Lars with the expression of a freshly trained recruit wanting some inspiration to aspire to. She didn't have much hands on experience, unless building computers counted as such.

"Do I believe in legendary pokemon?" she asked Lars while a confused expression. Nearby, a small Wooper would begin to waddle on by. It was unaware of the discussion just outside of its perception and looked fine to just remain ignorant of the humans before it.

Gwen took a moment to answer. "I mean, yeah, I guess. I haven't seen one with my own eyes before, but considering the dangers Hoenn has, they may as well exist. I mean, I'm not saying I'm an avid denier. Just somebody with an open mind."

"Have you run into one?"

[ skipping ]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 11:07:38 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It wouldn’t take too long before a Cryogonal would come prancing by—those soulless eyes would never sit well with him; thankfully he already had one of those to call his own—before he turned to listen to her answer.

Okay, that was good that she was open to the possibilities of meeting legendary Pokémon down the road. He… he just hoped that it wouldn’t be too soon from now, because the last time he’d given someone a talk similar to this (hello there ) they had their unfortunate run-in with…

What was the name of that one again, the one that looked like a deer?

“I’ve encountered several, and. Well, things always seem to go crazy whenever they appear. I just want to make sure you’re prepared for when an event comes, becaused when they do show up… calamity always seems to follow them wherever they go.”

At least, that was his track record with some of the others so far.

The Wooper, on the other hand backtracked and suddenly popped a Muddy Water attack—which caused the snow to become awash like muck where they were headed—

“Whoa!” he exclaimed, holding out a hand to stop his companion in case she may have gone on straight ahead. A quick slug with an Aura Sphere caused the Wooper to sail up overhead, before he threw a Pokéball at the Wooper—because he knew that there was someone who was always looking for them.

catch attempt on Wooper!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 3:49:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FROSLASS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SNOW CLOAK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]OMINOUS WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WAKE UP SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FROST BREATH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARCTOVISH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FREEZE DRY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE WOOPER!

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 0:00:33 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"No way! You've met legendaries before?!" Gwen asked with an amazed expression on her face. "Which ones? You gotta tell me! Is it Raikou? I did one of those dating otomes or whatever with and it had a Raikou? Or was it one of the other ones like-"

Gwen had been rambling on so much she hit Lars' hand and avoided an incoming Muddy Water attack. Lars made quick work of the Wooper as she watched in satisfaction.

"Thanks for the save. Sorry, I kind of ramble a lot when I'm talking about something I know a lot about."

They continued further inside the cave while she pushed Lars for more and more information about what legendaries he ran into during his tenure with the Rangers. Their journey took them into a large room with a small pool with a massive shape propelled itself out of the water. Her eyes locked on as it hard harsh and heavy breathing.

"Wait." she said, walking up closer to the wild pokemon. Her eyes narrowed, looking back at Lars. "This is one one of those Pokemon that I've read about in Dragonology. One of the ones that those scientists in Galar had tried to reconstruct. But what's it doing in here?"

The Arctovish swam around in a frenzy, smashing into the shore as the entire cave would shake from the impact. "Freya's place should have enough room for him while they keep on eye on him." Gwen said to aloud, though mostly to herself. She pulled out her Magneton's pokeball and called him out.

"Alright, try and paralyze him. We can't really afford-"

She was cut off the Arctovish roared and used FREEZE DRY on the two of them. The Magneton shielded Gwen from most of the attack, though the force of the ice had caused some ice to appear across her arms covering her face. "You okay?" she asked her companion, the electric chirps playing in tandem.

"Thunder Wave!" The Magneton zipped closer to the enraged water-type and let loose a burst of electricity around it, shocking the poor thing in the water. While it flummoxed and tried to fight off the spasming of its body, Gwen threw a pokeball at the dragon, hoping that she could catch it and find a proper place.

[ attempting to catch arctovish ]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 17:05:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment she mentioned Raikou, this unreadable look appeared on his face for a few moments.

“You… you’re not going to believe if I tell you which ones.”

Not one, ones meaning he’d already run into several previously. Hell, there was one living in the very underbelly of Shoal Cave if they went down far enough… if she dared to go that far, that is.

They would venture into another room—and then, right then and there the Snorunt that had been riding on his shoulder would all but try to hide himself in his hair. Yes, hiding its triangular little body in his hair. What the fresh hell.

“Wha—hey!” he yelped as he felt the Snorunt literally take cover the moment the entire section of the cavern started shaking before he saw what was trying to get their attention—

And had to stifle a guffaw. It was the poor toilet bowl ceramic-adjacent-looking Pokémon!

(Did he want to risk appearing like an idiot when an Arctovish was around? Definitely not at this time! He had to keep his cool!)

Either way, the little ‘problem’ had been dealt with before he came to a stop to think.

“Do you know of the one they call ‘Yveltal’?”

Okay, that was one he was willing to bring up—though he had to stop himself from making another immature little crack about the ‘bacon bird’.

Due to the ruckus caused by the Arctovish, the Froslass lurking somewhere in the darker corner of the area went unnoticed, off to bother some other Pokémon in another part of Shoal Cave.

skipping Froslass!

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights