The Curse of The Squeaky Board
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 15:05:04 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","albaTemp"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Haus of Maus

Alba had never performed a séance before, but it was always best to start off small, right? You couldn't get much smaller than mice, even if there were… many of them. He was doing a good deed (??) here, anyway; reuniting those who still had to live with the horrors of war, with those who had fallen in battle.[break][break]

"Maus?" It was like a choir, all singing in tandem(aus). Were they anxious about what was going to happen? Could they even conceive what was going to happen? Dusknoir seemed to be talking to them in a gentle husk of a voice, but he had no idea what was being said.[break][break]

What a sight it must have been. Two trainers, a Dusknoir, and an extended family of Maus all gathered around a spirit board like it was a hearth, sitting amongst the graves of Mt. Pyre.[break][break]

"You ready?"

[attr="class","gunstest5ooc"]

NOTES

Mission: Bond Bridge

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.albaTemp]--accent:#7269d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.albaTemp]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .fainted img"]filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 0:44:57 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Man, you've never performed a séance before, but surely it would be better to start off bigger than this, right? Like, bigger than mice? Sure, there's four Maushold in this household... Er, well, technically, you think it's actually just one Maushold? Like, there's four of them, but they still only count as one Pokemon? And you're at Mount Pyre, which isn't really a household... Look, that's neither here nor there. The point is, why specifically Maushold? Wouldn't some kind of Psychic or Dark type be better for this?

Well, you're not the scientist here, so you suppose you shouldn't be so cynical. Then again, this isn't exactly science, is it? This is more occultism than anything else, and neither of you are channelers or mystics or sages, so... Fuck it. You're sure it'll all work out! Somehow.

"Ready?"

"Ready as we'll ever be!"
"Alright kids, it's time to talk to the dead!"
"Yippee!"
"Hurray!"

And so, with the same cheery attitude as though they were on a delightful summer picnic, the four mice would saunter forth and place their paws upon the planchette.

close tab

played by

Oob

He/him
Twenty-five
November 17th
Opelucid City
Gay
Researcher
Grunt
idk height
idk height
Days fade into a watercolour blur / Memories swim and haunt you
awards
239 posts
Alba Evovae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alba
Alba Evovae
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 11:33:39 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Haus of Maus

If he was going to write a project report on this (he wasn’t), Alba would probably put something along the lines of…[break][break]

‘Maushold was chosen as the subject of this experiment due to their abundance and genetic makeup. The species in general has a high population, to the point where an entire family of Maushold can be considered a single Pokémon. This particular subject was also part of the battle on the resurfaced island of Route 105; it is my hypothesis that this proximity to violence will make it easier to contact the Spirit World. Finally, their classification as a Normal-type means they will serve as a good control group for further testing.’[break][break]

…But this wasn’t exactly science, or a proper experiment. It was just… well, it was something![break][break]

Looks like everything was in order… With the Maushold family ready and waiting, Dusknoir suddenly freezes up, its red eye staring unblinkingly at the spirit board.[break][break]

“I think it’s connected. I guess we should start with a simple question? Test the waters, ease everybody in. That sort of thing.”

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.albaTemp]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 17:38:16 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Judging by the pause, it seems like Alba is expecting you to ask the questions here. Or, well, your Maushold? You talk to Maushold, then Maushold talks to Dusknoir, then Dusknoir talks to the spirit realm?

This is so unbelievably shoddy. If anyone ever finds out about this, your reputation is going in the toilet. It'll be so over for you.

”Alright, alright, alright… Let's see… Maushold, could you please ask--”

”Cheese?! Where?!”
”Cheese, cheese, cheese!”
”Now now, calm down kids! There’s no cheese.”
”Awwwwwwww…”
"C'moooooon..."
”...Okay, Okay, anything for my darling sons! Excuse me, Mr Dusknoir, but could we please have some cheese?"

…What?

close tab

played by

Oob

He/him
Twenty-five
November 17th
Opelucid City
Gay
Researcher
Grunt
idk height
idk height
Days fade into a watercolour blur / Memories swim and haunt you
awards
239 posts
Alba Evovae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alba
Alba Evovae
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 18:54:29 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Haus of Maus

Dusknoir’s eye opens wide, focused on something nobody present can see. The wind swirls and swirls around the group. It howls, and howls, slowly sounding less like the noise of the wind and more like distant, distorted screaming.[break][break]

Then it stops. Everything stops. The wind is still, and stagnant.[break][break]

“CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE?!” A loud booming voice rings out from the air, echoing as if it’s coming from the end of a long, long tunnel.[break][break]

“If it’s cheese you want, you can have it! I left my ripest, finest wheels in ‘that place’! All you have to do is take it!! Squeakakakakakakakakaka!!”

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights