176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
STUCK UP IN MY WAYS [FW2]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 12:06:20 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

As much a Halloween man as he was, Dylan sat in the mail room of his apartment complex with a smile on his face. It brought back memories of being a boy. Of correcting his father speaking of buying something to say "you mean... Father Winter did that." His father, a Surgeon General in Galar. A man with a doctorate degree who had two rowdy boys at the age of forty, when his bones started to creak.

There was a tree laid out, with lines of LED lights cascading down the branches, and boxes of various sizes at its feet. He in fact had a present wrapped for someone else in his building. When he knelt below the tree to set it down, Dylan found himself falling through a hole in the floor, his gift sitting neatly on the satin skirt of the tree.

Dylan sat there, head spinning. He clutched his temples, looking down at the ground. That lavender hair of his hung over his head, neatly obscuring his fingers. He awoke to a smallish, barely furnished room in a concrete flat. The sun was setting over Mossdeep City. Off in the horizon, as the sun sank into the concrete, plumes of fire rose up.

A familiar pair of sunken in eyes looks to him, ringed with sleepless nights he couldn't count. Dylan slowly looked up, seeing him eye to eye. The two of them felt their eyes light up, and Dylan had to confirm that this wasn't some dream. Something only he would know. "On Navidson's wall we wrote..." "Your ideals are only as strong as you are in fighting for them. And do you know what else you told him? I'm gonna fight for what I wanna be."

His voice had even more of a smoky tinge. He sounded like a boy and an old man all at once. "Now Dylan..." The older man looked down at him and tilted his head. It's been ages since he's felt or even looked like that. "You're gonna sit this one out." He looked up in shock, but the older man's face didn't falter. It was every bit as peaceful and placid as his, but weathered by time. The older man pointed him to a laptop, as if to tell the boy to go back to his toys. As he shot to his feet and had more questions, he was knocked out with a kick to the head.

close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 1:48:31 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

As he awoke, the commotion outside only grew in brightness and intensity. Plumes of fire gave way to the sounds of steel ringing on steel. He could hear it blocks away. That and yelling. A back and forth argument. This is the exact situation he said he’d interfere in, but Dylan was paralyzed in fear. He eventually rose to his feet and dusted himself off. There was a pang of resentment there, as he glanced aside and bit his lip.

Dylan ran outside, slamming the door behind him. His studded boots clacked on the pavement like that of a cowboy, the steel grille on the front catching rocks and shooting them aside. All the while, the sounds from over the hill peaked in volume. The lapels of his denim jacket were toyed with by the breeze, as he drew closer.

It was then and there that he saw the scene unfold. His self in this period’s pink tee with the horseshoe on it, the red jeans and pristine white sneakers. He could even see a little red R tucked away in the collar of his shirt.

The older man turned back, looking at him with a grin. There was a lull in the fight, as everyone watched to see what he did next. There he was, facing , who looked every bit as worked up as the older Dylan. ”There’s two of you now? And this one’s just a boy. Have some respect and leave him out of this.” "I’m trying! …Dylan, there are people you know. People you care about. People you love. And they’re gonna die, and you won’t even know it." ”And it’s your fault.” All the while, the older Dylan’s Skeledirge stood on all fours, making a pained face. Ollie’s Dragonite hovered a few feet off the ground, watching this unfold. "What… You. Explain yourself, and then I want to hear his side of the story." "Ollie. We’ve all seen things we can’t unsee. And you heard what I said to him, that goes for you too. Hoenn is nothing but a place where people fight, either to extract resources or in pursuit of power and ego. They abuse pokemon to do it and use people too."

Ollie, in his winter coat, mahogany hair swaying, cut him off. ”And because of that, you have a hit list. A death note.” "I’ve seen what people are capable of." The older man smiled widely. His desire to finally get some rest, escape all his troubles and all these people culminating.

. "Now step aside. BOTH of you." He looked up in shock, as the battle finally picked up again. Ollie’s Dragonite let loose a Dragon Pulse, a rippling wave of compressed air. While Skeledirge could bear the brunt, certainly… The sheer power of it sent it all over the place in a wide cone. Dylan watched on in horror, bracing himself with his arms. The elder Dylan stood infront of him, and every bone of his had a sickening crunch.

FATHER WINTER

Feelin' hostile, I'ma stain, come drive me away

[/div]
close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 7:17:40 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Ollie looked between the two of them, slowly piecing it together. The lavender haired boy, and the dark haired man, whose face looked like his. The wide open eyes, the fear. There was something heartening about it, about fearing what he'd just seen. He approached, prompting a snarl from Skeledirge. Dylan slowly walked up, holding his nose out for the crocodile to sniff it.

There was something off about Skeledirge, that Dylan didn't have to reckon with until now. As relieving as it is that it lived this long, its breaths were sharp. Its eyes were wide, with a slight mistiness in the corners. Dylan bit his lip, and took a knee. "I... I think he's sick. And he's stronger, but... I can't keep doing this to him, just because I'm not strong enough without him."

To that end, he rummaged around in his pockets, pulling out a pokeball and putting Skeledirge away. Dylan then stood up and faced Ollie. "...If that's... Was that you?" He scrunched up his nose for a bit, and glanced aside. "You have a lot of explaining to do, but let's walk and talk."

All the while, the two of them set about repairing what they could in the area. The uprooted trees were replanted, and there were trips to the ports to tell civilians it was safe to return to town. The entire time, Dylan voiced his concerns about not trusting people with too much power, and about pokemon going from companions and pets to an extension of their owner's power and ego. While the specific examples he cited were quaint to the ranger, he eventually put the dots together. "He told you to step aside too. So... He was on his way to get someone else. And I think that means... over the next six years, I'm not gonna be happy with how other people check these people I'd target."

"I get why you'd feel that way, but did you ever think you were gonna fight everyone who posed a threat to anyone?"

It was a valid question, really. Dylan glanced at the ground and thought for a second. "No. Now that I think about it, no. And... I could feel how bitter he was when he talked to me." He said, using his hands to make a mound of soil. Evidently, a fruit-bearing tree that was felled in battle still had seeds that could be planted. Dylan squeezed a berry in his hand, exposing both the seeds, and some juices to let them germinate in the ground and grow.

"When you're ready, you're coming into custody-- Actually... I think I know what you can do with those feelings. How would you feel about... being stationed somewhere and defending the people and wildlife there?"

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 1:37:42 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

As enticing as that sounded... It also sounded like probation. Dylan glanced aside, as if he were thinking about it for a second. Ollie saw the look on his face, and arched a brow. "So, what did I do?" Now it was Ollie's turn to glance aside and look pensive. He stood there in his Ranger-standard red denim shirt, thinking about how to word this. He led the two as they kept walking.

Dylan and Ollie set about picking berries off felled trees, and using whatever water type resources they could to let the seeds germinate in the soil. As he crushed a payapa berry and buried it, Ollie finally spoke up. "You started targeting people, for those ideals of yours. I didn't agree with how you went about it, but you mostly targeted low level criminals. Rocket, the mob... Even sabotaged Rocket's machines."

"Mostly. Is that where the line was drawn?" Ollie made a face. "Your heart was in the right place, but after a certain point, you stopped apprehending people. And that's not okay." Dylan thought about it for a second. The first part sounded like something he'd do now, let alone in six years. He talked Professor Slayte's ear off about the potential for abuse of power. Matter of fact, he just saw himself lecturing Ollie about it. He glanced at the ground.

Something about it didn't sit right with Dylan. His heart was in the right place. His only problem then was... staying on the good side of the law. He made the mistake of looking like he was thinking, even steepling his fingers. "I understand what you want, but you gotta do it the right way." "..."

"I believe in second chances. You'd be in custody too if someone else got to you first."

Ollie glanced aside, thinking back to his own battles with Howard and Temp. He didn't like thinking that it was too late for someone. The two of them still saw the older Dylan marinating in his own blood. Planting trees and ruminating forever is as good a retirement as he could imagine. "...Where would you have me go?" He said, hands packing a mound of soil around a planted seed. Dylan turned his Boltund loose, having his dog go look for civilians.

"I heard you were Navidson's friend. I'd put you up in Dewford."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 5:59:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]FW2 COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: