POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 2:15:00 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]
[attr="class","leftbody"]
[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","cp cp-target-o"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

“Thank you Joules, I'm fine.” He said finally feeling all the soreness and pain of the skirmishes settling into his bones. He's sure he's fractured something or sprained a muscle. But he comes out alright for the most part. Body bruised and a slight limp but nothing permanent. He sheds his gear like a second skin and heaves a sigh of relief as he pulls off his helmet. The visor scratched from all the knives pulled on him throughout the day. [break][break]

His hair is wet and slicked back with a mix of more sweat than gel at this point. “Joules…you’re dented…” he observed, running a calloused hand over their dinged up outer shell. The Magnezone beeps slowly, deeper than usually. Like it's a struggle. But they wave their magnets around and try to appear cheerful. He smiled, sighing in relief. At least, Joules is with him. “Let’s get busy then.” he said knowing the medical staff would probably be overwhelmed with the amount of people coming back from the island. He busies himself pulling out his unused supplies and going around to offer nurses and doctor’s assistance, disinfecting and bandaging up surface level wounds and debriefing those in shock. [break][break]

One of those apparently one of their own gym leaders. Paxton frowned already varying levels of concerned and displeased with this turn out. But he doesn’t voice it now. Instead he offers the kid, who he vaguely recognized from crystalbloom research a while back. “Hey, you drank anything yet?” he asked as he fussed with the teenager’s ( barely ) blanket.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","title"]tldr;

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | mission prompt: post resurfaced treasures[break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]
[attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".topaz"] --accent:#D49837; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 1:47:56 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Wounds of the body had long since been tended to. They were few and minor, just some cuts and bruises that only needed basic first aid to treat, and they wouldn't leave any lasting damage or scars. His Pokemon were the same, with no permanent injuries or deaths - just a few that needed some time after getting knocked out. Nothing stopping him from spending the holidays trying to avoid getting caught under a mistletoe.

But wounds of the heart were a whole other matter. In his efforts to do the job he was given for the first time, his Iron Valiant acted without his control - and killed a Pokemon. Even if it had been a Rocket's, he was responsible for a death.

And that guilt was gnawing away at him. He didn't even think about why it hadn't done so sooner - not that he had any chance of remembering his Pokemon suppressed his memory until now.

Nor did he have any recollection of the other Pokemon his Type:Null killed, though that was censored before he could register it.

So he laid there, trying to get a little bit of sleep, though rest seemed to avoid him for now. The sound of someone walking by caught his attention. The voice, he barely recognized - he heard it somewhere before, but the little focus he could muster gave no result.

"No," was his response - a tired groan lacking in energy. He didn't move much, even as the man adjusted his blanket. He'd yet to eat or drink anything since his memory returned, though a lack of appetite helped with the former issue.

Thirst was harder to deny.

Slowly, Hideo sat up. "Water is fine. If you have any." He wasn't picky at this point, and he doubted this guy was carrying around juice boxes like did.

"Your voice is familiar…have we met before?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 5:11:40 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"You need it." he said as he palmed a water bottle into the gym leader's hands before leaning against the bed. "I'd be pressed to find a lemonade around here. It'd take me a bit but...well, if you really needed the pick me up. Maybe after the water and I'll consider taking requests." he said. [break][break]

"Paxton. Paxton Paxton Concordas." he said, reintroducing himself. "We met before my promotion, I think." he said. "I was just Officer Concordas. Now I work under councilwoman ." he added. [break][break]

He let Hideo take a moment before continuing to speak. "You're Hideo, right? I think you promoted out of the Minor League recently?" he said, running over the name and attached file in his head.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 1:40:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Thanks." He didn't have to reach around for the bottle, feeling it placed right in his hand. "Lemonade…might sound good. But water is ok for now."

He unscrewed the cap, taking a sip as he listened to the man (re)introduce himself. "...think we've met before?" He was more asking himself that than of Paxton. "Swear I remember your voice."

Oh well. It probably wasn't coming to him any time soon.

At least Paxton seemed to know him better. "Think it was…half a year ago?" The days were blurring, but he'd been settled for pretty long at this point. Long compared to some other Gyms. "Did Minor League for a bit, then did Major League. Never would'a thought about being sent here though."

Not that he wouldn't be here if he weren't, but going on his own volition was a lot different than being deployed.

Hideo rose up slightly in bed, still slumped on the end of his bed. "...what'd they have you do here? Or, uh, what did have you doing?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 2:24:31 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"Mmm...I think...you were curious about my contributions to Crystal Blooms."
The few that he had. Most of the work figuring that out was the scientists. He just clocked the danger of it and tried to quarantine it. He opened his mouth to say something before closing it again. Hideo was a proper gym leader. That position came with risk. Risks like this battle. He doesn't undermine the boy's contributions and instead keeps his comments and his concerns to himself. [break][break]

Instead, he indulged Hideo. "I was doing a lot of coordination. Mainly, I sat in a very secure place with a bunch of other people and battle maps and we strategized based on the information we got back from people here." He takes a pause, editing out them ore gruesome details. "After that, had me support different positions. Having a sniper as support can be pretty helpful to hold or push different spots." He shrugged. [break][break]

"And you? Hopefully you didn't see much combat out there, right?" he asked, tone gentle as his eyebrows furrowed together at the 50/50 chance that it wasn't the case.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 15:52:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded. Right, they'd talked about the Crystabloom flowers that one time. "Guess the flowers ended up being less of a problem than we'd thought," he noted, "since they aren't growing as much now." Which was a shame; his Pokemon liked them a lot, and his Illumina Pokemon had a lot of trouble getting even a single one to bloom now.

Besides, they had other problems to focus on.

What really caught Hideo's focus was Paxton's mention of being a Sniper, of all things. "A sniper? Like, with a rifle and everything?" He knew this was a serious battlefield, but he still didn't fully consider what kind of roles and people the League was deploying here, beyond the small groups he was part of.

Hideo turned his head away a moment when his own involvement became the topic. "I…was mostly just here on guard duty. Patrolling to find people that shouldn't be where they are. I did get into some battles, but they didn't have me in the thick of it."

Apart from that one raid he did alongside , but he wasn't even sure he was supposed to be involved there. Better to be quiet on that, lest he get a lot of people in trouble (including himself).

"...did you…did you have to kill? Like, people or Pokemon?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 3:28:05 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

“Lucky us, Necrozma solved it. In a way.” Paxton said dryly. They'd been fucked more than once on the crystalbloom front. Maybe they powered sygna suits but he considered it all a side effect. They'd been serendipitously lucky in the end. He shrugged. One problem gone, and another in its place. A leaky ship they’re all desperately trying to keep above water. The conversation changed back to his weapon of choice. “Oh, uh, year. I carry it around on my back. I…set up really high in different places with my Porygon.” he said, adjusting the strap on his shoulder awkwardly. “I started out as a scout back in Kanto.” he said and letting it die there. [break][break]

“Yeah, no scrapes on you but how’s your pokemon?” Paxton asked, carefully breaching the subject. He’d lost his own amongst the fray. Hee doesn’t expect Hideo’s next question. [break][break]

His first instinct is to lie, but Hideo had been a comrade. As much as he disliked it, he was on the field with him. He was a gym leader. And he’d been sitting in this tent for a while. Paxton didn’t need to say anything for him to know people had been lost. Pokemon even more so. [break][break]

“Yeah. It’s why I’m still alive.” It’s hard to say he enjoyed it. He’s not- doesn’t feel bloodthirsty. Every death at his hands felt less and less enjoyable. Rocket was a large, changing organization with so many moving parts. To end them felt like a duty he could carry because his hands already had blood on them from Kanto. He supposed it’s because they’re all just puppets going through the consequences of their actions. They’re not…them. The people that burnt his family home and held him down to cut his throat open. Those specific people, if they were still alive, he’d probably felt different about killing. But he’s not saying that to Hideo. “Some of my pokemon died taking shots meant for me. I break they pokeballs and remember them.” [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 22:46:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo lowered his body a bit at the mention of Necrozma; nothing about Necrozma was good, and he didn't like any implication it was doing good - even if it was sarcastic.

"I'm fine." Another short answer, but it was the truth: he didn't have any serious injuries. Heck, he was even approved to get back to working his Gym in a day or two. "My Pokemon are fine too. Some got knocked out, but…they'll be fine."

He couldn't say the same for that Klinklang.

It came to little surprise that a sniper killed people and Pokemon. For a moment, Hideo didn't know if he should actually ask what he wanted to ask, that he'd receive harsh judgment for admitting what happened. "I'm…sorry you lost Pokemon," he said.

There'd be a moment of silence as Hideo deliberated whether to ask his question.

And soon, he made his choice.

"I…one of my Pokemon killed a Pokemon." There was a mixture of relief getting that, but also apprehension - just how would Paxton react to that? "It wasn't something I told it to do…it's just, a Rocket's Pokemon didn't give up, so it…"

He'd leave the sentence hanging; it didn't need to be finished.

"How do you...handle that kind of stuff happening? Killing."

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 23:55:46 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"That's good, at least." If anything came from this it was that Hideo didn't have to go through all the trauma of battle at once. He takes a moment of silence for those he lost on the field today and nodded. "Yeah, me too." He wished he hadn't, but they were trained, much like him, to put the mission first. Rare had been the instances that he and Joules deviated from their objectives. [break][break]

"Oh..." Paxton replied, turning from staring straight ahead to looking back at the gym leader. "Don't be too harsh on it." he said, veering gently over the rationalization. "I don't doubt it was inevitable. Either it got killed, or you did." he said. [break][break]

He takes a deep breath and then sighs. Hideos' question is kind of nuanced after all. His feelings aorund death and killing blur when you consider the target. As unbiased- as disciplined as he strived to be...he's just a man. Put the mission first. The greater good of Hoenn, of the League, of the people he was protecting. The hunger for vengeance and the numb exhaustion that came after ever blood spatter after a something as simple as a trigger squeeze. The bruises on his chest from where his rifle sits are permanent. Palkia may have gifted him a new body, but the shadow pains of his rifle were beyond physical, engraved into his psyche like he was born with it. [break][break]

And in a way, hadn't he been reborn after Kanto? Rebirth did not have to mean better. But he had cobbled the pieces of himself back together, lessons learned and people lost. This was the best he had to offer. [break][break]

"I won't feel guilt for not wanting to die. And I won't fault my pokemon for feeling the same way." he said, careful with his words around a child. "I go to therapy every 2 weeks. I keep a routine. I paint and I bake." Anything to keep busy, stave away the static that plagued his mind. "Rocket isn't something I want to save, it's a disease to burn. And not everyone can do that job. But I can- I have. I just don't think about it anymore." It's what kept him from jumping off the edge. From chasing down the ghosts of his past and trying to find whoever had hurt him- hurt his family. Rocket is just too big. But eventually he'd find them. If he aimed to wipe them out, it was inevitable.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 23:56:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Good…right. He really did count himself lucky that none of his Pokemon died. He'd been a lot more careful about rushing into battles, and where he'd been deployed meant he was at lower risk of getting a Pokemon killed.

Save for that bunker raid with , but he was certain that was an accident assignment.

Hideo laid back in bed as he awaited Paxton's answer. He didn't know what he was going to get, nor did he know what kind of answer he deserved for such a colossal mistake.

And the answer he got…was comfort?

As far as he could tell, his Iron Valiant had dominated the fight. That Klinklang was, by all means, down and out of the fight, and his Pokemon would've been more than capable of beating down the Poipole that woman had as well.

"It didn't feel like a life or death situation to me," he answered, looking away. "Didn't even realize she was a Rocket 'til it happened. And even then…it feels wrong."

Quietly, he listened to Paxton explain his coping methods. Hideo wasn't a stranger to letting his Psychic Pokemon poke around his mind, so therapy was something he technically had covered, and he did have hobbies of his own to occupy him.

What did get Hideo to speak was the part Paxton said about Rocket - about them being a disease.

"...already been a lot of a Rockets we got to join League," he said. was the one that stuck out to him the most - one who'd almost died several times because of the actions of more zealous League members. "We do gotta stop them from doing bad stuff, but killing them is just…"

It didn't feel necessary. He didn't want to kill people or Pokemon, Rocket or not.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 1:40:49 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"Maybe it was different for your pokemon." he suggested. There's only so much he can assume. But Hideo was alive, and so were his pokemon. Wasn't that a good thing? It's a shame he's been exposed so young, but he'd been given the Gym Leader mantle. At that point it was out of his hands. [break][break]

"Too many." Paxton said, his voice turning harsher. "They're nothing but a risk to everyone of us fighting. Not to mention they're often sympathetic to their own, even after leaving." he said sighing tiredly. [break][break]

"Nobody is forcing these people to ally themselves with Rocket. We know that much from the last, big wave of defectors when leadership changed. Now? Just a crop of people who won't accept the consequences of their own actions." He no longer cared who came out of Rocket. He just wanted them all gone. [break][break]

"Defectors will never be at ease among us. The second they move wrong, we- I have orders to end them." And he would do so gladly. Better than let them take out any one of their own. "At least, when we're out in places like this." The island is deadly, devouring Rocket and League alike, claiming more and more pokemon as its sands and water turn red. He didn't want to think about how it looked like from above.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 0:05:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"It..I don't think it was." It was hard to tell how hurt his Iron Valiant could be, but as far as he was told, it dominated that fight. "I think my Pokemon took my order too far. That Rocket's Pokemon wouldn't stop fighting, so it just…"

He could've recalled his Iron Valiant, let his Orbeetle finish the fight. He could've trained his Iron Valiant out of using excessive force.

It was his fault that Klinklang died.

Hideo went quiet, listening to Paxton speak - and a chill went down his spine as he retreated slightly in his bed.

Oh.

This was someone he had to be careful around, someone that wanted to kill. The man he was opening up to, was probably one of the worst he could open to.

He had to be careful here.

"...I've talked to some Rockets before. Ones that only went to Rocket 'cause they had no choice. Ones that wanted to get out, and did get out of Rocket 'cause they realized how fucked it was." and were the big ones in his mind…

Though the latter went back in.

Paxton likely had Chu-E in his sights.

"If we're just gonna scrutinize them that harshly, and kill them the moment they step outta line, won't that just risk pushing them back into Rocket?"

Treating their own that harshly would make them no better than Rocket.

The anxiety running through Hideo wouldn't be noticed just by himself; his Hatterene walked by, taking a peek inside to see what all the emotional fuss was about.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 0:51:19 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

He tilted his head, thoughtful. "As far as we understand, Paradoxes are, you know, pokemon too. They come out aggressive from the mist and crystals because they're fully formed babies." he shrugged. "I think when you consider it only knows so much about it's surroundings, and you, it may need further training. Socialization about the limits of itself and it's actions." [break][break]

Paxton grows more irritated as the conversation swings back to Rocket. "Yes. There's well documented 'eras' of Rocket leadership. A huge crop of the ones in our amnesty program had already done their time and left Silas when given the chance." He thinks of , harmless for the most part. And while he regretted getting involved with a defector, at the end of the day she'd been fairly kind to him. Her work completed years ago, no connections with Rocket left. "Then there's everyone after Silas. Nobody was forced or extorted to join. They just did. And as such, I have no sympathy for accessories." [break][break]

"They agree to it. The amnesty program makes you earn your place back. Hours and hours of ranger training, volunteering. Being actively watched by trusted personnel." he waved his hands in the air. knew about this better than he did. Frankly, he didn't really care for the amnesty program, or Rocket sob stories. "The goal is to make it, but the road is long and intensive. And especially in conditions like today, they become more of a risk. That's why I get the orders I do." [break][break]

"Doing things like, disobeying orders, ignoring League protocol, being involved with Rocket battlefields like this? It's a risk to someone in the amnesty program. You risk getting labeled a threat. That's also why defectors shouldn't be out here. Too raw and too soon." Far be it for Paxton to have a shred for sympathy, but he can see the progression of battle. The breakdown of morale and the casualties one risked if they weren't fully prepared for what they might have to do to survive. "It's even harder when we've had gym leaders turn out to be Rocket in pivotal moments like METENO. I think that situation, as well as the fact that the entire region's life was at stake, really changed how field personnel are handled."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | mission prompt: post resurfaced treasures [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 1:01:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Yeah, I know." His Iron Valiant was certainly the most robot-y of his Pokemon, but it still needed to eat, drink, and sleep like the rest of his Pokemon did. It was just…more rigid than his other Pokemon, far more than his Beheeyems could be. "Even the fleshier Paradox Pokemon are tricky to teach."

At least he got his Scream Tail to stop trying to eat his other Pokemon. "They really do act like newborns…but they got the power of fully-grown mons."

Paxton's history lesson on Rocket did prove educational: Hideo wasn't too familiar with the Amnesty Program. It wasn't too far off from what he'd thought about doing, to give the Rockets that wanted out, a way to get out.

But the way Paxton has talked before, he'd seemed eager to plant a bullet between the eyes of anyone that he deemed traitorous.

If he'd found while she was here, would he have killed her?

Hideo had to consider the possible consequences of Paxton finding out he was supposed to have escorted her to a League Camp to get escorted off the island. Especially with that mention of the traitorous Gym Leaders.

"...I think we're looking at completely different sides of things," Hideo sighed, lying back in his bed. He wanted to focus on the rehabilitation, not killing the people that stepped out of line. "I don't think we're gonna see eye to eye here."

The last thing he wanted to do was kill people. Or more Pokemon.

But he didn't have the energy to argue, as much as he wanted to.

His Hatterene took that cue to walk in, shooting a glance at the man Hideo was talking to before taking a seat on his bed, gently adjusting his blanket.

"...guess my private nurse is here to tell me to get some rest."

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
budding bruises [m]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 1:31:41 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

He's not sure what's worse. Rampaging paradoxes, or too-green-to-function amnesty members. But no battlefield was ever without its complicated variables. He could only help anticipate it before it made itself an issue. [break][break]

Paxton watches Hideo lay back down. He doesn't have the energy to answer. Rocket Amnesty was nuanced, with all kinds of clauses and exceptions handed out left and right. Making sense of it could take days off one's life. What situation was worse than another? What could they forgive for which person? [break][break]

"You've earned it." he said simply as he looked over at the moving parts of the med bay. "Hope you're hungry, lunch is being served soon." he added as he stood up, and dusted off his pants. He adjusted the strap of his sniper rifle. He looks past the pokemon, watching the kid on the bed rest. He knew Hideo wasn't the only child out there, and for a moment, he prays they're ok. [break][break]

"Hideo." he said as he got ready to leave. "Don't go out there alone. Amnesty member or otherwise." he said, glancing at his pokemon. "There's another kid here, , link up with her. It's safer to have a buddy with you." he said. "That is, if she hasn't eaten dirt yet." The words make him feel surprisingly numb. With that, he watches a group move someone in a stretcher, before taking his leave not wanting the Hatterene to beat the ever loving shit out of him.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | mission prompt: post resurfaced treasures [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]