Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 6:21:49 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]She'd be useless as a go-between right now were it not for this elevator. Thank Arceus for that. If she had to run that many flights of stairs with a busted up leg she might as well put in her two weeks. [break][break]

Would've been a shame. She liked it here. wasn't any more terrifying than her bosses back in Kanto, and the benefits were better than as 's deputy. [break][break]

Though, she missed the man's cooking. [break][break]

... A sentence she never thought she'd think in her life. The events of the last month must've knocked a screw loose. [break][break]

She sighs.[break][break]

A ding, and the doors open. She's brought back to reality, a long hallway leading to a sleek looking office. It fits the image one conjures in their mind when they think Silph. At least, what a Saffron native might imagine. [break][break]

She hobbles on crutches to the desk, clumsily carrying a gigantic binder under her arm.[break][break]

"Here for uhh... Silph."[break][break]

A true Hoenn native might be plugged into the politics of this region, know the big names in the League, but Tsubaki only remembers the name cause of where she was born. She can't even recall the commissioner's name who gave her entrance into the League. Dal-something. Navy'd know.[break][break]

"Freya sent me over, said it was better to keep a paper trail for some things."[break][break]

She'd snuck a peek into the binder on her way over, though it wasn't meant for her. The whole thing was filled with stacks and stacks of paper to sign. She didn't envy the Council members one bit.[break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 6:46:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PENCIL PUSHERS

SYPNOSIS

“AH.”

time mends all wounds. what the body cannot fix overnight, instead wraps around a fragmented mind. ’s attempts to snap him out of it work with a subtle bait and switch. normalcy creates a fragile facade.

he knows who he is. who he has to be. who they’re expecting.

very well.

a hologram of hoenn’s underground is projected above his desk. it’s translucent yet tangible, actively changing in accordance to his touch. it aligns with the recent discovery of TERA CRYSTALS—a prediction of the mantle’s current ecology. with a swipe of his hand, it spins, reverting into a blueprint of the SLATEPORT GYM and it’s eventual POWER SPOT.

morningstar should be wrapping up our initial debrief of the BLOOD MOON incident?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 7:05:33 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"Oh, you're Silph? Shit."[break][break]

Maybe she sounds a little too surprised. You only get one shot at a first impression, after all.[break][break]

She straightens up a bit, as much as the crutches will allow. Not too much, but just enough. Now she's realized who she's talking to, she's uncharacteristically intimidated. [break][break]

The name Silph commanded a certain air back in Kanto, no matter whether you were Rocket or League. Enough that even a street kid like her acknowledges the weight that comes with it. [break][break]

Still, he's not nearly as handsome or confident as she'd imagined. Probably why she took him for Silph's secretary at first. [break][break]

"I mean-- Uhh... y-yeah, said she's using the preliminary report I compiled to finalize it right now. Said to bring you this in the meantime."[break][break]

She slides her binder onto the edge of the desk unceremoniously, her hand disrupting the hologram hovering over his desk. There's something there that catches her eye, and she can't help but stare at it.[break][break]

"That one of those things they found on the mirage island?"[break][break]

Memories of a different life rush through her head. A cavern under Galar, a pulsing organ brimming with dynergy. Visions of the end of the world, the clash of skeleton and knight. [break][break]

She'd never got a chance to see what was at the heart of that frozen volcano, but she recognized what it was the moment she heard about it.[break][break]

She recognizes this one on sight.[break][break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 5:05:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PENCIL PUSHERS

SYPNOSIS

“FERNANDO SILPH,” he finishes, with little care. he looks her over with his one good eye, other half covered by a thick black headband. curious, he flips through the first few pages, skimming.

not quite,” he says between reading, “it’s an artificial one created by the league.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 12:17:08 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]She watches the hologram spin a little more in silence. Finally, she manages to drag her eyes away onto the man behind the desk. The way he said it so casually unnerved her. [break][break]

They'd recreated the power of a God, couldn't he be a little more enthused? [break][break]

"Guess all those excursions to the Sea panned out?"[break][break]

Under the protection of Dewford had remained solidly within League hands. [break][break]

All the efforts to extract the powers that lie under the town had borne fruit because of his efforts to protect its people, whether he liked it or not. By keeping the town safe, he kept the Sea under the League's influence, made a breakthrough like this possible.[break][break]

Still, she couldn't help but think...[break][break]

"Can't imagine Navy's gonna like that. All the trouble the Sea's been giving him lately, he's been worried about this."[break][break]

She'd been a party to most of it first hand. The way the sleeping God affected the town even as it dreamed wasn't exactly common knowledge, but it certainly wasn't a secret. The powers they were playing with were dangerous, whether it was for the sake of winning the fight against Rocket or not.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 17:05:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PENCIL PUSHERS

SYPNOSIS

“INDEED.”

the time he sinks into the first few pages tells him everything he needs to know. years of parsing through information has trained him to tunnel onto important bits. once he gets a grasp of certain patterns, rummaging through the rest takes no more than a moment.

he can file through them more vigorous later. when he’s alone. over a drink or three.

a sentiment he will grow to overcome,” he says idly. “navidson is naive but his potential is staggering. once he adapts, i look forward to his future.

satisfied, he closes the binder. which brings his attention to her.

tell me about the BLOOD MOON incident.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 9:23:08 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Something about the appraisal rubs her the wrong way. She furrows her eyebrows, but manages to hold her tongue.[break][break]

Rocket's trained her well, and Silph's managed to prey on that. Likely not even consciously. Something about his voice elicits the same feeling from back then, like she's his subordinate. Probably just the way he talks to everyone.[break][break]

Still, she resents that more than anything. [break][break]

"Call him naive if you want. I'd call you cold in turn."[break][break]

Rocket still looms large in her mind, even after all this time. Her distaste makes her over-correct, speak more forcefully than she otherwise might. She stares daggers through Silph for probing at that so effortlessly, but still, she moves on.[break][break]

"Search party for some missing persons in the swamps south of Fortree went awry when Megalopolans were discovered under the swamp. Some kinda space-time distortion or something. They were eating people, wearing their faces. Seemed to have a ship made outta the same material as Tera Crystals, we used it to escape. They're still out there with a UB army, couldn't fight 'em all."[break][break]

Baki tries to sum it all up, but there's a lot to cover. The report's there. But she's savvy enough to know if he cared about the report he'd just have read it. He wants the story according to her.[break][break]

"Oh, and. Lotta parties involved got stung by a mysterious toxin. I'm doing analysis on what's left of it right now, but it turned them berserk. Strangely, the effect of it disappeared when the ship did."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 9:45:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PENCIL PUSHERS

SYPNOSIS

THEN SO BE IT. he has no qualms with such a label. for it is his frigid analysis that keeps them on their toes. a jolt to the system that ensures they do not crumble to the softness of their own warmth. after all, it is results that sustain their society. not ideals.

those champions have already passed.

hm.

at first, something about her story doesn’t sound quite right. he can’t quite put his finger on it, but a certain detail doesn’t match. something he’ll have to investigate later.

i assume you were not among the infected?

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 1:44:13 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"You think they'd let me near any of the council if I was?"[break][break]

Still, even the amount of toxin found in 's blood was negligible. Almost like a dream wished up by the crystals themselves, when they disappeared, so did everything spawned by them. If not for the wounds, the memories, it was almost like it never happened.[break][break]

The thought unnerved her.[break][break]

"If you want a list of people who were, I don't got it. You'd have to cross-reference eyewitness accounts and visits to the first aid tent that got set up."[break][break]

Even she didn't think that would work. She'd probably skipped out of town to warn Freya before even the first member of the search party was admitted, and she sure as hell wasn't the only one. A fleeting glimpse of under the swamp and she knew there were Rockets among them in plainclothes, eager to hide that they were ever there.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 9:27:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PENCIL PUSHERS

SYPNOSIS

“I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED,” he passes quickly.

the fact that they are unable to round up the afflicted comes as no surprise. but to do so will be a task set for someone else. someone lower on the totem pole and unable to handle more pressing tasks.

you can let morningstar know i’ll have the science division follow up once we finish finalizing our DYNAMAX project.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 4:51:51 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Baki nods slowly, noting it down for later before she turns back up to the Councilman. [break][break]

"Hearsay that the League recovered something from Route 105 that helped that project along. [break][break]

"Dunno if you can answer this, but I'm curious..."
[break][break]

It's another kinda poison. One that DID run through her veins. [break][break]

Ever since she arrived in Hoenn, everything came back to one thing. No matter the time or place, no matter how far she went, even in her dreams... always, the Sea seemed to be calling to her. [break][break]

If it related to Dynamax, then...[break][break]

"That thing they found, it have anything to do with Eternatus?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PENCIL PUSHERS [M]
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 23:41:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PENCIL PUSHERS

SYPNOSIS

“UNCONFIRMED,” is both an honest and dishonest answer. confidential information stops there with hypothesis being the only string to sew loose ties.

but it’s not impossible to rule out yet.

what they do know about ETERNATUS is minimal in comparison. what they can recall from GOODBYE GALAR, if any, are figments of scattered memories and human imagination. how much of that lies true? and how much is concocted by forces they still do not understand?

pragmatism demands he keeps in like chump change on his checkbook. unnecessary, undependable, but never discounted.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights