She / Her
Aug 10
Anywhere, Nomad
Pansexual
Streamer / Traveller
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
35 posts
Zahra Poetri DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @bunny1
Zahra Poetri
Break the ice [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 1:07:11 GMT
Zahra Poetri Avatar

Ugh... Why does it feels similar yet different

Zahra groans in pain as her ass is flat right on the top of a cold hard yet slippery surface. Shirley nudge her side gently feeling worried with her trainer's recent fall from trying to do ice skating for the very first time. Before this, she never tried ice skating before and when she saw the ice rink - she decides to try it. At first she thought it would be easy considering she is the best roller blader around and to her understanding, ice skating should be similar and the difference is just the kind of the surface where they surf. But, she finds out that she was completely wrong really fast in the first few minute when she tries skating on ice. Albeit the difference of friction between the two surface exist, she underestimate on how her body memory could adapt into it.

It is okay, Shirley. Give me time and I will be golden Zahra smiles while saying it with confidently as she is trying to stand up like a newborn Deerling. Her leg shaking trying to find her balance on the top of the slippery surface, as time goes the shaking subdued bit by bit. With her newfound confidence, she starts to stroll forward once more again. This time she is succesfully cruising forward, laughter can be heard from her mouth completely ignoring the curious looks from other people around her. When she thought everything going smoothly but then she starts to questions herself - How do I stop? What if I do it in the way of rollerblading is the wrong way and make me launch myself and gives me a heavy injury? Zahra's brain runs really fast trying to figure out. At this point, she could confidently goes forward and do a big turn. She could just stop and let the speed dies down naturally but there are many people around her right now so she would crash on to someone and that is the last thing she wants.

Welp, how to stop... Zahra tries to ask around but since she can't stop that question just passing through multiple people and they didn't react to it under the impression that she wasn't specifically talking to them. However, she keep repeating that question in numerous question hoping someone could take a hit.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,962 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Break the ice [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 21:12:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
When Josh was young, he had gone to an ice rink, finding that skating was not for him at all. While he could push off the edge and move in a straight line, any time he tried to turn, he would spin out and go sliding into the opposite wall. It was a minor miracle that no one had ever cut his fingers open from being unable to avoid him.

Today on the rink, he didn't need skates. He had his Pokémon. Seated on the back of a Dewgong, the Gym Leader slipped and slid across the ice, the Pokémon's warm, blubbery body melting the ice enough for it to refreeze, patching up holes where others had skated over. Riding Ulysses over the surface felt like being on a sled going down a slick, snowy mountain. Even without water to swish his tail through, he could still steer by shifting his body weight around and pushing off the rink's walls with his tail.

After a thrust away from the wall, propelling them across the ice at a good clip, Josh saw they were on a collision course with a young female. "Ulysses, hard right!" The two shifted their weight to the right, but it was apparent the adjustment was not going to be in time. On the other side of the rink, Hylda the Glastrier shook her head in disappointment.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Ulysses       Dewgong        Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Hylda         Glastrier      Good
close tab

played by

Bunny

Zee / Zahra
She / Her
Aug 10
Anywhere, Nomad
Pansexual
Streamer / Traveller
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
35 posts
Zahra Poetri DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @bunny1
Zahra Poetri
Break the ice [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 4:14:48 GMT
Zahra Poetri Avatar

Shirley that saw from distance start to chase her, untying the ribbon on her leg hoping that Zahra could grab onto it as currently between them two - Shirley display much more skill on gliding and stopping on the top of the ice rink. However, Zahra's speed has been accumulating to the point that Shirley can't catch up. Zahra saw a man on the top of his pokemon right in front of her, she can't make a turn right now as she needs more room to make a turn with her current skill. Despite his effort on evading her (Rude, he could at least try to help stopping her) the collision is inevitable. The hard body of the dewgong and its weight make her felt like she was crashing into a not-so-solid wall as she bounce back and gives her a nasty fall. Shirley manages to catch up and jump while positioning herself between Zara and the man growling as in her perspective - He is the one that injure her trainer.

Ouch, ouch... Zahra groans trying to rub her bottom wishing for the pain away. She hopes that it doesn't give her a permanent damage; an doctor friend of hers once told her in the past that falling right on the bottom is quite dangerous. Shirley, it is OK girl. It is not anyone fault here. He could have try to stop me in a way but ultimately that is not his responsibility Zahra calls out to her Absol while speaking bluntly with a pained smile. She doesn't want to stand up yet since the fall quite shaken her up a little bit. Shirley stops growling but still glaring at the Dewgong and their trainer.

Sorry about that but umm... can you help me a little bit. I don't think I can trust myself to stand up on my own right now Zahra calls out the man who she just crashed into

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,962 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Break the ice [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 17:04:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Ulysses let out a deep cry as he collided with the novice skater, the Gym Leader worried about an impact with his Dewgong's head. Not for the ice-type's safety, but for the strangers. "You okay?" Josh asked. "Ulysses' horn didn't get you, did it?" That horn was an icebreaker and the Pokémon's greatest weapon.

When Josh noticed the skater was uncomfortable trying to stand, he scooted up in the Dewgong's saddle. "Hop on! I can take you to the edge of the rink where you'll be able to stand more easily. You can call me Josh." The Gym Leader's demeanor was friendly, his offer generous. Perhaps he was even too friendly for his own good.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Bunny

Zee / Zahra
She / Her
Aug 10
Anywhere, Nomad
Pansexual
Streamer / Traveller
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
35 posts
Zahra Poetri DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @bunny1
Zahra Poetri
Break the ice [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 0:27:47 GMT
Zahra Poetri Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]

Z A H R A ✦ P O E T R I

Live streamer ✦ 24 Y.O ✦ Pansexual ✦ She/Her
[break][break]

Mama told me not to lie, so the answer is not okay but can manage Zahra partially lied over the former part as her mother never said anything lie that on her entire life. If I was an opportunistic bastard, I would pull some kind of trickery over this to maximize my gain over this unfortunate accident Zahra ponders as she painstakingly try to climb over his Dewgong's saddle as to her that is the best idea she could have right now. Nah, too much work and stuff ain't no time for that. Consider that this ride is my accident fee from the accident if there is even any Zahra laugh jovially then suddenly wince as a sharp pain suddenly come in a surprise but gone once again. [break][break]

My name is Zahra by the way, what's yours handsome? Zahra asks casually throwing out a playful flirt that holds no seriousness on it. She doesn't want to make this interaction an awkward one, she wants to thaw down the ice for a little bit with some conversation.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,962 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Break the ice [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 8:59:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As blunt and brash as she was, her honesty was appreciated. Josh would give her a hand climbing aboard Ulysses if she needed help. "If the horn got you, I want to make sure I can get you patched up. People don't realize how sharp a Dewgong's horn is." He glanced back as the Dewgong slid toward the rink's entrance, checking for a trail of blood. "I wouldn't charge, anyway! I just like helping people in need when I can." Was this what it was like to be on the receiving end of when Josh got uptight around his superiors? Perhaps it would make him think about relaxing a little around them.

"Oh, I guess I didn't speak up enough," Josh replied, not thinking about how it might come off bringing to Zahra's attention that he was repeating himself. "Gym Leader Devlin or Elite Ranger Devlin, but I go by Josh." The flirt caused him to raise an eyebrow. Was she hitting on him?

{WC: 164}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Bunny

Zee / Zahra
She / Her
Aug 10
Anywhere, Nomad
Pansexual
Streamer / Traveller
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
35 posts
Zahra Poetri DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @bunny1
Zahra Poetri
Break the ice [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 11:20:10 GMT
Zahra Poetri Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]

Z A H R A ✦ P O E T R I

Live streamer ✦ 24 Y.O ✦ Pansexual ✦ She/Her
[break][break]

Ah so you are the illustrious Josh Devlin. Definitely have heard your name before but since I am not much of a reader, I never saw your picture like at all. You get me Zahra completely oblivious that Josh already actually introduces himself earlier nor it registered to her brain what he meant by his first remark before re-introducing himself. You should speak more, you sounds someone with many stories. Bet many ladies chase you around, eh. Could be men too, not judging Zahra spent some chit chat with the guy. Her bottom has felt considerably better as they reach to the side. There is no pain linger anymore that she could feel so now she is confidence enough to go again. [break][break]

Hey Josh, how is your ice skating skill? Good enough to teach a helpless girl like me on how to do it Zahra playfully wink on her without any actual romantic commitment to it. She just like to tease people and be playful, consequences? She would handle that later.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,962 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Break the ice [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 21:42:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The name was well-known in multiple circles in Hoenn. He was the fastest Gym Leader around; even race cars would be hard-pressed to catch the fastest Pokémon at his Gym. There had been many urban myths formed about him and his Pokémon that could dash across the city in the blink of an eye. Few were actually true. As much as he wished he had a Pokémon that could run at the speed of sound, none of his land Pokémon were even close. One day, maybe he would befriend the Pokémon of his dreams and be able to indulge in that privilege without .

Josh didn't want to disappoint, but he had no ice skating skills to speak of. "My Pokémon are the closest thing I have to ice skates," he said, subtly admitting he had no experience. "I've got two other Pokémon with me that are good on the ice. One's a Glaceon, Inky, though he can be a bit moody." The other was one that might scare Zahra if he called upon her...

{PC: 4}

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB