he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
RKS: Hideo & Eris
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 19:04:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo stood there, letting Eris take a look around while he anxiously tried to think how to explain that they both had to dive under the water to find Azelf. He himself couldn't really observe the area to get a hint where they were, and he had even less of an idea of where to look for the island. Not even Uxie seemed to know where this was.

Or it just was refusing to tell him.

To his relative relief, he didn't have to explain anything to Eris - she already knew what was down there. "Guess that saves me the trouble of explaining it all," he joked. "Haven't got a clue where this place is, but all I know is Azelf is down there. And according to people I've gone here with, it's still alive…just still healing up."

"Best hint we got to finding Azelf. Arceus knows we haven't gotten anything since we helped protect Littleroot."

Not a fun way to get information, though; Hideo knew what he'd have to go through to get closer to Azelf. But he'd already done it several times before - in a grim way, he was getting used to it.

"Well…ready when you are…"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 13:10:59 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"It's all just ocean out there... and we don't know how accurate this simulation is either." Closing her eyes, she takes in a deep breath, knowing that everything here is just a trick of the senses and yet, smelling salt in the air regardless.[break][break]

"Well then," One step into the water, her hand gently latches onto his. "Deep breath."[break][break]

They dive.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 17:31:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]azelf event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]AZELF 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You dive into the lake with or without your Pokemon. The water is cold. Dark. Curiously, the body of water is devoid of Pokemon. You don't know why, but you attempt to swim deeper and deeper, the pressure in your ears building with every threshold of depth crossed.[break][break]

Your lungs grow tight. Your thinking grows hazy. However, at the bottom of the lake, you see a small sprite-like form: Azelf. The Being of Willpower remains suspended in the depths of this lake, nursing its injuries. However, its body is limp. Its eyes are closed. It does not stir.[break][break]

As you near, you feel your body begin to slow. What determination you once had fades dramatically before you take a lungful of water.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Drown.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 17:39:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"It's the only hint we've gotten since Littleroot." Frustrating as it was, he was glad to finally get something, vague and confusing as it may be. He'd just have to mine this for as much as he could, until they found some more information.

His hand held hers as he dove into the water. Uxie rushed ahead of him, its tail wrapped around his free wrist to help guide him as he put his all into getting as far deep as possible.

There was a bit of comfort, being able to hold her hand while they did this. His other attempts, he was (relatively) on his own. Even if the outcome was likely to be the same, he pushed forward, going as deep as he could.

He pushed forward, emboldened as Uxie informed him that Azelf was in sight, still motionless and resting as it was before. Each attempt seemed to get him just a little bit closer, even if he didn't know how much further he had to go.

But just like every other time, the strength of his lungs did not match his strength of will…

Drown

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 16:47:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He's right. For all the time they've spent aimlessly looking, worrying without the slightest hint of a breakthrough, why doesn't she leap at this opportunity like she'd done the first time?[break][break]

With Mesprit here to ease the discomfort rising in her chest, she continues to sink. Deeper and deeper, the light above them begins to fade. And yet, all they can do is continue to descend, holding onto whatever little remnants of air in their lungs as the first glimpses of the vegetative guardian comes into view.[break][break]

Just a little more. They've come this far.[break][break]

Please wake up.[break][break]

But Azelf never seems to stir, not even as she prays for Mesprit to convey her most fervent wishes. And when she feels Hideo's hand begin to loosen, she tries her best to hold on, determined not to lose him to these depths.

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 17:16:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]divination event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]MYSTIC POKEMON 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourself in the AKALA OUTSKIRTS of ALOLA. Here, a Xatu stands by the cliffside, rooted in place. It is clear that it has been here for a long time, perhaps for many days and nights.[break][break]

Its vacant eyes continuously track the sun... until all of you arrive.[break][break]

Psychically, it casts a vision of your past or future to your minds. Is it accurate? Truthful? Real or false? It is hard to shake the unnerving feeling as the Alolan winds whip past you.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Receive a vision of the past.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Receive a vision of the future.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 18:26:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
There was that grim reality that Hideo was starting to get used to drowning that it didn't affect him that much. He knew it wasn't a real drowning - and to be fair, he didn't know what a real one felt like - but even he knew, deep down, that repeated simulated deaths would not be good for him in the long run.

But every attempt got him closer to Azelf.

He'd bear with it.

The light patting of a small pixie brought Hideo back to the realm of consciousness, and he was quickly availed of where they were now: it wasn't the ship he'd been used to visiting with . It seemed to be an island, though not the same one they'd been to moments ago. And before them was a Xatu.

"Think we should talk to it?" Hideo asked Eris. It was the only creature around here - other than themselves and their pixies.

But regardless of the answer he got from Eris, he'd get one from the Xatu: he could recognize the telltale signs of psychic power touching his mind, though there was nothing he could do to stop it beyond asking Uxie for help.

He was pretty sure Uxie already knew what was coming - and had simply refused to stop it.

Receive a Vision of the Past +100 points

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:59:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]How far do you go for a legend? How far must you chase until you're satisfied?[break][break]

Waking does not come easy, a loud gasp scooping heaps of air into her lungs before she promptly chokes and coughs. The Ralts by her side is a noisy one, gently holding her hand and kneading her knuckles as they chirp brisk tones.[break][break]

"I'm up, I'm up..." Not so much okay, but she supposes she can gloss over that fact, especially in favour of answering Hideo's question. "Last time I was here with Navy, I think I saw his past."[break][break]

Shifting her palm, she lets Mesprit's hand fall into her own and lightly wraps her fingers around it. She isn't sure if history will repeat itself, but she sure knows that she must prepare herself for whatever she may see next. Be it through Hideo's eyes or her own.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 16:09:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]divination event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]MYSTIC POKEMON 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]A meaningful memory pulled from your past is played out in your head. It's vivid and real feeling as if it were in ULTRA HD 4K. You take some time to catalog every detail and every scent as if it they were new discoveries. Like the forgotten voice of a lost loved one, the scent of an old childhood bakery... all epiphanies of specifics.[break][break]

However, you're still uncertain whether this is an accurate snapshot of your past...

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Come to.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Exit the RKS Simulation.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:02:12 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The sights would not be well-defined; a gray fog bore the shapes of everything present, but they lacked distinct detail. It would be the best Eris would get for visuals.

But the scents, the sounds, all were as crisp as could be.

The memory began with a young child, sitting atop a couch. It was a comfortable room, the crackling of a fireplace not far off, and the warmth it radiated a gentle one. He held a book in hand, his fingers pressing against the pages. The tiny bumps on the pages would be the easiest details to notice, the child reading off the braille aloud.

"To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy, like a hundred thousand other little boys. I have no need for you, and you have no need for me."

The creature upon his lap stirred, the Rockruff making itself comfortable as it listened. The scent of a freshly-cleaned rock-type would be easy to notice.

"To you, I am nothing more than like a hundred thousand other Pokemon. But if you catch me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. And to you, I shall be unique in all the world."

Footsteps could be heard walking in from behind, and the shape of a person came into view. They were a child as well, though they were clearly a few years older than the one sitting atop the couch. "You've only had him for a day," the voice mocked, "maybe you should slow it down a sec?"

"I can read what I want to him, Karou," the boy answered, the groan in his voice clear. "You're just jealous I learned to read younger than you did."

"Uh-huh. Sure." The finger-flick to the back of the couch-sitting child could be heard, the child flinching. "Mom wanted me to tell you lunch is ready, so finish that up real quick."

The other boy ran off before the child could retaliate, leaving him to grumble. "Stupid Karou," he grumbled, before going back to his book. "Alright, Rocky, lemme just skip to the good part."

He flipped to the next page, his finger landing halfway through it.

"And now, here is my secret, a very simple secret: it is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important. Men have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose."

And with that, the child laid the book down. "That means I'm responsible for you, Rocky. You're the most unique Rockruff to me, and I'm the most unique Hideo to you."

He lifted the Rockruff off his lap, holding it in his arms. The Rockruff made itself comfortable as the boy walked off, to go and get a taste of whatever it was his mom had prepared.

It would be there that the memory faded away, the two returning to the simulated reality they were within.

Hideo was silent, merely standing there as he exhaled. It'd been a pleasant memory, but he wasn't smiling; there was a small frown on his face.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 9:27:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The room is cozy, the crackling sounds much like a Skwovet crunching through the hard shell of a macadamia. To be unable to see anything much in this scenario makes her feel a little wobbly, and yet she feels so at peace in a place as calm as this.[break][break]

The lines that are read out taps at her head. Something about it rings a bell. Amidst the gentle fwip of turning pages and the distinct smell of dog mixed with growing char, she finds a place to sit, closing her eyes as she tries to latch onto this memory. To cross paths in a strange twist of fate, to create a unique bond that belongs solely to them. In a sense, her bond with Reiner is just that.[break][break]

Uniquely theirs. Perhaps, even something that would not be the same had it been any other dimension's Eris or Reiner. The thought warms her heart, the memory one that she's a little guilty for partaking in.[break][break]

So why doesn't Hideo seem happy at the end of it?[break][break]

Before she can pause to ask, she feels a tug at the back of her mind. This time the memory opens with the small of disinfectant, a sorrowful presence sitting by their side.[break][break]

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to remind you of bad memories." Blanket sheets rustle with subtle movements. "You're a nice person."[break][break]

"That doesn't mean I'm good, Eris. Rocket are not good." There's hesitance, a warmth that gingerly embraces them back. "But we'll protect you, now."[break][break]

"You're not a bad person." Quiet but firm, a voice attempts to stay strong if only to reinforce the beliefs woven within those words. "No matter what you did, you didn't do it without reason." Her faith is dangerous. Her heart is tied with thorns. "If you were bad, you wouldn't have felt guilt. You wouldn't have helped Lugia, or saved me back there."[break][break]

She remembers the roughness of his palms, the lines marring hands that seemed so much bigger than hers. Their backs prickle with every bit of movement they make, every breath tugging uncomfortably at their spines.[break][break]

"I can feel your heartbeat and it tells me you're still here. You may have done bad things in the past, but you're not trying to run away from it. If you feel weak, I'll protect you. If you feel overwhelmed, I'll be here to help you. If you ever need someone to be there for you, I'll be there to hold your hand. And even if you don't wish to forgive yourself, I'll forgive you in your stead. So don't blame yourself any longer."[break][break]

A quiet sigh fills the room, almost seeming to echo with his words.[break][break]

"You've grown up too fast."[break][break]

Warmth captures her hand. Soft. Kind. Remorseful.[break][break]

"I'm sorry."
[break]

"No..."[break][break]

It's but a fragment of data somehow drawn from her mind, one that fades as soon as it's left more than a mark. And yet, she presses her hands together, gripping oh so tight onto thin air as she shuts her eyes and rests her forehead against her knuckles.[break][break]

"I'm the one who should be sorry."

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 22:24:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Just as Hideo was re-processing his memory of a comfortable home life, he's thrust into a new memory - one he's quick to recognize as not his own, judging by the voices.

The first sensation that hits him is the scent: antiseptic. It was easy to guess they were in some kind of medical facility, though it wasn't until he heard the shifting sheets that he could put together that she was in some kind of hospital - or something resembling one.

A Rocket hospital.

Hideo remained silent, unsure if speaking up would cause some kind of disruption - and in respect to Eris being quiet for his.

While he could easily recognize Eris's voice, he couldn't recognize the guy's voice. But judging by her words, this guy was connected to Lugia - perhaps Lugia's avatar? She didn't say his name, so he couldn't be certain.

But this was certainly a promise Eris made, to serve as a pillar of support for him. Not unlike what Hideo tried to be for her.

Uxie told him when the memory ended, when they were back to (the simulated) reality.

He could've tried to argue with Eris a little - to remind her that Rocket was responsible for her life falling apart in the first place. That any protection they offered was at the cost of innocent people's lives.

He held his tongue. Now wasn't the time for that.

Perhaps comforting her would get his mind off his own memory - of the life he couldn't go back to.

"I guess…it kinda hurts, going back to that kind of stuff," he said, reaching out towards her. "You...you don't need to be sorry for what happened to you."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 0:52:02 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Why are you always weakest in front of those who don't want to see it?[break][break]

Deep breaths, in and out. As the memory continues to ring in her head, each lull in emotions is soon broken as the guilt stings at her heart once more.[break][break]

had been mad at her. So too would Hideo be for just how illogical she seems in his eyes.[break][break]

You're wrong. You're evil.[break][break]

Defending those who had killed, both strangers she'd never know and her own parents.[break][break]

How could you ever make this right? Liar. Traitor.[break][break]

He regretted what had happened to her. He had felt sorrow for her. He had felt so hurt that she, like many others, had left.[break][break]

Nothing good could ever come from you.[break][break]

"I-" Deep breaths, in and out. "I'm fine."[break][break]

Sometimes, she's grateful that Hideo is blind to her tears.[break][break]

"Let's just... focus on finding Azelf."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,632 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 2:09:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]SIMULATION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven