Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
RKS: ILLIE & BAKI #1
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 2:51:09 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You enter a messy workshop. Various material, tools, and machinery surround you all and a workbench. On the workbench is a broken PokeGear. It does not bear the Silph symbol; instead, it bears an odd logo instead:[break][break]

[break][break]

What do you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Find materials to fix it.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Destroy it and the workshop.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 3:05:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"Eugh, that's so retro..."[break][break]

Baki leers at the Pokegear sitting on the table. Compared to something modern like a Rotom Phone, the thing's basically a fossil. Nobody her age would be caught dead with one of these. Even back in Saffron, the Silph name wasn't enough to market this travesty. [break][break]

"No way they still make 'em, right? This one's gotta be so old. [break][break]

She pokes it, seeing if there's a Rotom hiding inside. It just lies there, still. Course not, that'd be too easy.[break][break]

"No dice. , eat your heart out. Guess we gotta find the parts..."[break][break]

Baki speaks to the woman who entered the workshop with her. Professor Reyes, of all people. [break][break]

Well, then the patch job should be simple, right?[break][break]

"You wanna look over there, Reyes? I'll take, uh, this."[break][break]

Baki starts pulling out drawers and sorting through parts. There's so many, and they're all disorganized. Worse than 's garage. She pours over parts for several minutes before she realizes she's got no clue what she's even looking for.[break][break]

"Uhhh... any luck?"[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Find materials?

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 0:43:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as her partner pokes and prods at the seemingly defunct pokegear, the scientist's eyes spark briefly with recognition.

the symbol... it's too familiar to not be a coincidence.

she takes a step closer to get another look before nodding.

"okay, i'll take this side."

the other side of the room seems to be useless at first for nothing of interest or functionality sticks out right away amongst the clutter. upon further inspection and the opening of a couple drawers, however, she manages to pluck out some materials that look somewhat useful...

"uh, i think so!"

she returns with a handful of small parts. each one looks older than the technology they're used to in their current timeline but perhaps they will do the job all the same.

"the symbol of this pokegear is a bit odd, though - related to the unown report, maybe?"

another glance is stolen toward the symbol in question before she refocuses on her partner.

"let's see if these will work..."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 0:44:02 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Together, you eventually find the necessary parts and painstakingly repair the device. After a little while, a voice rings out from the machine. It's like a walkie-talkie: "maldacena here. are you having fun? isn't the simulated universe fascinating? however, i'd be careful if i were you. you never know who's watching!"[break][break]

Regardless of your level of familiarity with this member of the DRK Triad, it does not make what they say any less unsettling.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Destroy the device.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leave or take the device.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:22:24 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"'Unknown'...?"[break][break]

Baki questions her blankly as she turns back to the table, before piecing it together.[break][break]

The professor's talking about those eyes in the ruins, back in another simulation. There's no question, they must be related. If the professor says so, how could they not?[break][break]

"Ohhh, you mean... the ruins? Yeah, maybe."[break][break]

She doesn't really know. Maybe she'll ask when they get a moment. But that recognition in the woman's eyes - the tech is important, isn't it? Why else would they be repairing some defunct piece of junk that belongs in a landfill?[break][break]

"Huh? Hey, this thing works! You're a genius, Reyes!"[break][break]

Suddenly, a voice rings out.[break][break]

"Uhh, think you got the wrong number."[break][break]

Baki responds plainly to the voice. The name doesn't mean anything to her. Something about a simulation, but it could be filler from whoever programmed this scenario.[break][break]

She reaches a hand out to grab the tech and bring it with them.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Tinkering: Find Materials. 50 RKS Points.

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 4:19:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]luckily - or, perhaps not entirely - the parts seem to work enough to power the device up. after a moment, it jumps with newfound life and the head scientist stares.

"ruins?"

she blinks, stealing a glance up at her partner. her mouth opens once more to inquire further, but a voice rings out. it's familiar, though not her own.

"unfortunately, i think it's the right number..."

her expression shifts into mild disdain. on her back, healed scars itch with a hint of mockery.

"have you heard of the drk triad before by any chance?"

she doesn't allow silence to fall long before overwriting it with a quick hand.

"they're watching us - maybe not with this device, but there's likely a reason why he's giving a warning."

whatever it is... she intends to find out. a look of approval rises as baki takes the device and pockets it for the rest of their time in this simulation. they'll need it somehow, she surmises.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 3:53:30 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]The girl's casual demeanor gradually disappears as she fully comprehends the woman's words. A dark look comes across her as she begins to understand.[break][break]

"... You think they're watching us here, in the simulation?"[break][break]

She grips the device tighter in her pocket. Maybe, if she snaps it right now... [break][break]

She refrains. Could be they've got other means of listening in anyway.[break][break]

"So what's the gameplan, then? Sit back and watch as we poke around in all these scenarios... for what?"[break][break]

She'd heard a little of the Dark Triad from Navy and Freya both. Some shady organization, dimension-hopping. Interfering in stuff they really shouldn't. Not much more than that.[break][break]

She wonders... maybe Reyes can fill her in on the rest. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ Tinkering: Find Materials. 50 RKS Points.

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 0:16:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes."

her answer is quick, instinctive. there's not a single doubt in her mind - the drk triad have long since been watching, even from before the meteor, before the cloud, before the artificial sun or the star soiree where they first showed their snarling faces.

they have always been around... watching, waiting.

and now, they've evolved their methods past unblinking little letters absorbing the whims of the mortals.

"analysis, perhaps, to see if any players are anomalies here or in other universes."

they seem to know, somehow, who is tied to what across the entire expanse of the multiverse. hoenn - theirs, not anothers - is nothing more than one small piece of an overarching puzzle. she thinks of the ties, gilded little strings, connecting creation and the creator to even the most miniscule of actions on this planet. it's dizzying... but she's certain: there's something bigger at play here.

"personally, i think they're gathering insight into our actions, motives, and morals to find weak spots. we've overcome them a few times already, now, but they're planning something. this is just... scientific study to them."

find the weak spot, exploit it, capitalize upon it, and sow destruction. from the ashes, creation is born. her expression creases with displeasure.

"or this is just to keep us preoccupied while they get their forces into place."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights