March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Sunny and Bitterly Cold [DW][C/James]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 7:12:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Frost accumulated on Lathiel's retainer as her claws scraped the top layer of Never Melt Ice comprising the remnants of the Meteno impact event: a flash-frozen glacier created by a Kyurem of a size beyond what even a Dynamax Pokémon could reach. Hundreds, if not thousands, of Pokémon, some more disfigured than others, remained eternally frozen.

The devastation made Dewford look like a playground; Shalin was glad she got called to duty in Littleroot that day. Now the Ranger Captain was on an assignment. She had received a Ranger report from Oldale that aggressive Pokémon from the Icelands were getting uncomfortably close to the town. It was her job to repel them and draw them back toward the center of the frozen landmass.

Riding next to Tinder the Shiny Flareon and Ozzy the Shiny Skeledirge, both of the saddled Pokémon maintaining a trot next to the Type: Null Shalin was at the reins of, she kept her eyes out for ice-types to corral eastward. The Flareon in particular was big; almost as large as Pokémon geneticists knew was possible.

{WC: 184}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Ozzy            Skeledirge**      Good
Tinder          Flareon**         Good
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 4:48:23 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","james bakerboy"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"ho ho ho!"[break][break]

after sending a funny little voice note into the roomies groupchat with and , he pockets his phone and switches into his work mode as he's here on a mission.[break][break]

his type: null leads the way as they brace through the cold of the silent icelands.

[break][break]

[break]
ice/steel

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".bakerboy"] --accent:#5d7070!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,968 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 5:32:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARCTIBAX APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE CRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ICICLE SPEAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VANILLITE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WEAK ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIRROR SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACID ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MAGNETIC RISE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 18:02:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As she felt Lathiel's awkward gallop, the Type: Null not yet used to bearing Shaln's weight, she spotted a familiar face. "James!" she called out, waving to the scientist. Lathiel was indifferent toward him, barely acknowledging his presence at all. "It's been so long! How you been?" she asked. "Thanks for all your help. Lathiel here is a little uptight around stranger, but deep down, I know she's a sweetie." The normal-type made eye contact with James, then the other Type: Null near him.

"What brings you out here, especially in the winter?" the Captain idly asked. "This is the time of year when the Icelands are the most dangerous. Gotta have fire Pokémon just to stay warm!" Tinder edged closer to Lathiel's side, trying to keep both of them warm in the inhospitable weather.

{WC: 136}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 7:35:32 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"ah, shalin! i've been well, thanks."[break][break]

he hadn't expected to run into anyone else here let alone the ranger captain whom he had helped with their type: null. he glances down at it, quietly observing to see the state of it, before looking at his own.[break][break]

"katsudon's the same. very quiet and stoic."[break][break]

his type: null barely makes a sound as it regards the other two.[break][break]

"we're just out for a walk. working on a project at the moment." he gestures at the ipad tucked under his arm. "would you like some company?"[break][break]

SKIPPING

[break]

[break]
ice/steel

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,968 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 9:12:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CRABOMINABLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANGER POINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICE HAMMER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DYNAMIC PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOCUS PUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FERROTHORN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANTICIPATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EXPLOSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INGRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 23:06:05 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Lathiel wasn't exactly stoic, but she wasn't the most outgoing of the Captain's Pokémon. That the normal-type was willing to bear Shalin's weight was a sign of the strength of their bond. A bond that transcended the death of her precious Dragalge. "It took seven whole months before she was even willing to be fitted. She was a real challenge to raise, but I think we're truly starting to understand each other now."

Noticing the tablet James was carrying reminded her of her own assignment. "Ever since I became Rustboro Captain, it's been busy. There's been reports of ice Pokémon getting a bit--"

The whoosh of a Crabominable's DYNAMIC PUNCH whiffing raised Lathiel's guard, Shalin backing her ride away from the wild that was advancing on Oldale Town. A whirlwind of FIRE SPIN drove the ice-type back eastward. "That. They want me to chase away Pokémon getting too close to Oldale. I've heard the stories of what happened last year, but they are so hard to believe."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 8:54:24 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it's with curiosity that james watches the crabominable's approach. it seems consistent with the expected nature of the species but it does appear to be heightened. he looks away in time to throw a pokeball at the ferrothorn before it has a chance to EXPLODE.[break][break]

he walks over and picks it up, then looks back at his friend. his breath forms a soft cloud that rolls over his winter jacket, making him seem far cooler than he actually is.[break][break]

"do we know why they're getting more aggressive? more restless?"[break][break]

CATCHING FERROTHORN
[break]

[break]
ice/steel

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,349 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 18:58:38 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KLANG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CLEAR BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GEAR GRIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]VICE GRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LOCK ON
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BIND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAWILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYPER CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET SCENT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

CAUGHT THE FERROTHORN!
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 4:47:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"That's part of why I'm out here," Shalin answered as Lathiel momentarily lost her balance on the slick NEVER MELT ICE. "Easy, girl!" she called out, counter-steering to help the Type: Null find stable footing again. "While routing the wild Pokémon is the main goal, finding an underlying cause would help."

Little did she know that it was Kyurem stirring. Not just any Kyurem, either; it was the colossal Kyurem the size of a skyscraper. The one that had frozen hundreds of Pokémon beneath the sheets of ice comprising the Silent Icelands. "That they're being this aggressive... it's got to be something serious."

Skipping!

{WC: 105}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 5:11:07 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"changes in temperament aren't unheard of but these are rather extreme changes which leads me to believe that they're being driven by fear."[break][break]

where shalin comes at it from a different angle, he explains from a point of view he's familiar with, relying on science and history to base his observations on.[break][break]

"in the end, all of us are just trying to survive, and any change we make usually follows that."[break][break]

smelling a SWEET SCENT, james turns in time to see a mawile GROWLING at them. type: null is quick with its CRUSH CLAW as a pokeball soon follows.[break][break]

CATCHING MAWILE
[break]

[break]
ice/steel

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,968 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 23:07:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNEASEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KEEN EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BEAT UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCRATCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BELDUM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CLEAR BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE MAWILE!

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 6:08:42 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
James' words were true. Extreme changes in behavior were usually fear-driven. What could possibly cause cause that level of fear, though? All she had to do was look down and see the frozen Pokémon below her eyes. "For it to be widespread, though... it has to be something powerful enough to disturb an entire ecosystem. Very few Pokémon are capable of that."

The aggression was shown in a Sneasel leaping from behind an icy shelf. It haphazardly swiped in Lathiel's direction, Shalin leaning low against her Type: Null to avoid being cut to ribbons herself. A retaliatory X-SCISSOR, while it fell short, convinced the wild that flight was better than fight. "I read about what happened here a while ago. About some legendary dragon Pokémon I can't remember the name of."

Skipping!

{WC: 134}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 9:07:17 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"kyurem would be a safe guess but its sighting has yet to be reported, and a pokemon that size would surely be difficult to miss."[break][break]

he fills in the blanks for her, providing her with the name of the dragon while also providing more of his theory.[break][break]

"their change could be a bad omen, a sign of what's to come, perhaps."[break][break]

just as he says that, a beldum tries to TACKLE him only to fall short, interrupted by type: null. a pokeball follows after that.[break][break]

CATCHING BELDUM
[break]

[break]
ice/steel

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,968 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 23:47:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GLALIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICE SHARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FROST BREATH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PAWNIARD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DEFIANT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TORMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASSURANCE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE BELDUM!