december 21st
mahogany town
bisexual
yumi's errand girl
civilian
single
5'3" height
5'3" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
168 posts
nabi park DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nabi
nabi park
into the woods
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 8:27:07 GMT
nabi park Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lastnight"]

It had been forever since Nabi stepped foot in Petalburg Woods. The strong scent of crisp leaves and bark instantly brought her back to her childhood. Here, she collected an assortment of berries, unsure of which ones were safe for consumption, until they were rolling out of the seams of her small shirt. Over there, she climbed a tree and took nearly an hour of silently convincing herself that she could make it back down safely. She had accumulated scars, bruises, cuts, and irreplaceable memories in these woods. That time was short-lived.[break][break]

It should have been the first place she returned to, but it was all too close to the home of her parents. Something akin to fear, maybe insecurity, kept her from making a visit to the only place she considered a “home.” Though now that she walked through the grassy paths with gentle beams of light breaking through the heavy treetops, Nabi realized even this wasn’t home. It was simply the nostalgic memories of a young, lonely girl.[break][break]

At her shoulder sat the all-too pristine Prince, head bobbing side to side in similar fashion to his partner. Like her, he, too, found himself reminiscing of his days as a mere wurmple. He hummed, as if to pay his respects to the woods that borne him.[break][break]

”What’s that sound?” Nabi spoke up, ears pricking at the height of a buzzing. Prince silenced his humming to listen as well. ”A pokemon?” But there was something else mixed in with the buzz up ahead. Nabi braced herself. Even in these seemingly peaceful woods, danger thrived.

[attr="class","lastnightooc"]
// TAG
[break]
// NOTES enjoy~

[attr="class","lastnightbottom"]
[attr="class","lastnightlyrics"]
LAST NIGHT WE LET[break]THE LIQUOR TALK
I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT WE SAID BUT WE SAID IT ALL

[attr="class","meulkcodes"]MEULK CODES

[GoogleFont=Roboto|Lato]
[newclass=.lastnight]width:500px;background-color:#eee;font-family:lato;font-size:8pt;text-align:justify;color:#777;line-height:15px;padding:50px 50px 20px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lastnight b]color:#222;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lastnight a]font-family:roboto;font-size:7pt;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lastnightooc b]font-family:roboto;font-size:7pt;color:#AF6D81;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lastnightbottom]width:500px;background-color:#AF6D81;padding:20px 50px 20px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lastnightlyrics]font-family:roboto;font-size:25pt;color:#fff;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:-2px;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.meulkcodes]font-family:courier new;font-size:7.5pt;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
into the woods
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 20:05:27 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Were Nabi and her Pokémon to come closer to the source of the droning, they would see a truly strange sight. First, a Flygon, surrounded in a green glow, hovering near a thick and tall tree with a door. Second was even more bizarre: a similar, green streak of light on and near the tip of a larger-than-life Yanmega's right wing. Even at a distance, the drone was quite loud, the force of the displaced air creating a whirlwind of fallen leaves and brush.

When the buzzing ceased, the glows almost completely faded, revealing a dizzy-looking, green-haired female... riding on the wing like it was a Pokémon's back? Furthermore, she looked merely woozy, but otherwise unharmed, after the whiplash-inducing motion? Perhaps it was the Sygna Suit she wore, adorned with Flygon scales and the colors of a Venusaur's flower...

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
Flit          Yanmega        Good
close tab

played by

meulk

birdwing
she/her
december 21st
mahogany town
bisexual
yumi's errand girl
civilian
single
5'3" height
5'3" height
awards
168 posts
nabi park DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nabi
nabi park
into the woods
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 6:47:13 GMT
nabi park Avatar
[nospaces]

Through the trees, Nabi caught sight of a greenish glow and followed quietly. An opening revealed itself, spacious but occupied. This was where the source of the noise was coming from. Nabi stood near a tree, hand balanced against wood, as she watched the peculiarities of the girl and her pokemon before her.[break][break]

"What in the world," Nabi muttered under her breath. Her shoulders relaxed, yet her eyebrows were knitted in confusion. Whatever it was that she had just witness, it wasn't normal, or maybe Nabi had lived to much of a secluded life in the constraints of her family's home in Mahogony. It was one of the reasons she had left in the first place, to experience the world on her own terms.[break][break]

Prince fluttered off of her shoulder and was the first to make his presence known. He flew closer to the group, confident that they were not a danger to him or his trainer. Nabi called to Prince and stepped into the forest opening.[break][break]

"Sorry, he must be curious," she spoke to announce herself, arm reaching out for her beautifly to return. "Come here, Prince." He did not return immediately, instead taking a moment to eye the strange woman in her pokemon-life suit. Once Prince was back by her side, she sighed and said, "What are you doing? How are you even able to... fly on it?" That part boggled her mind the most.

// TAG
[break]
// NOTES i'll request wild mons after your post!

[GoogleFont=Roboto|Lato]
[newclass=.lastnight]width:500px;background-color:#eee;font-family:lato;font-size:8pt;text-align:justify;color:#777;line-height:15px;padding:50px 50px 20px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lastnight a]font-family:roboto;font-size:7pt;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lastnightooc b]font-family:roboto;font-size:7pt;color:#AF6D81;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lastnightbottom]width:500px;background-color:#AF6D81;padding:20px 50px 20px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lastnightlyrics]font-family:roboto;font-size:25pt;color:#fff;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:-2px;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
into the woods
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 5:52:14 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

As Shalin felt the blood flow return to her limbs, the Sygna Suited female noticed the pinkette and her Beautifly in front of her and her Flygon. They seemed understandably confused at the supernatural display they had witnessed. Without a suit, vibration that fast would have seriously hurt or even killed her. With it, she could handle the shaking that was so fast that her own body independently hummed.

"Oh, I didn't even see you there!" Shalin chirped in her dizziness. "Hope I didn't scare either of you!" Perhaps the faint, green glow surrounding her and her Flygon would help explain to Nabi how she managed the seemingly physics-defying feat. "It's my Sygna Suit!" she answered. "I know it sounds weird, but it makes me feel a lot lighter to my Pokémon, and lets me do... that." Flit briefly fluttered his wings just below the threshold of human hearing before relaxing them again.

{WC: 154}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
into the woods
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 18:55:26 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VENIPEDE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SPEED BOOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KRICKETOT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RUN AWAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BIDE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

meulk

birdwing
she/her
december 21st
mahogany town
bisexual
yumi's errand girl
civilian
single
5'3" height
5'3" height
awards
168 posts
nabi park DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nabi
nabi park
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:42:13 GMT
nabi park Avatar
[nospaces]

“Sygna suit…” Nabi muttered under her breath. It was her first time laying eyes on one and seeing it in action. She mentally hit herself in the head, feeling incompetent for not being up-to-date with the know-alls and tools of modern society. "That-Nabi gestured to the suit, ”is not the most flattering on your body, if I’m being honest.” She was never one to ignore a person’s fashion sense. Nabi wholeheartedly believed in practicality and fashion, and she could be critical. She motioned a hand swipe at her neck and shook her head. "Too cliché.” But incredibly impressive and useful. She needed to look into getting herself one of those.[break][break]

Out of the bushes, several pokemon, all small in size, skittered between the two trainers, their cries indicating their anxiety and fear. Nabi braced herself, expecting a large pokemon to be behind the chase. Instead, an equally small pair revealed themselves – a venipede and a kricketot. But instead of chasing after their victims, they zoned in their attention onto the humans before them now.[break][break]

The venipede wasted no time in making itself a threat. With its eyes peeled on Prince, it shot a slew of poisonous goo. Both Prince and Nabi veered back, just barely in time from the toxic burning their skin. "What the-!” Nabi hissed, piercing green eyes locked onto the venipede now. She grinned out of annoyance. "You little pest,” the pink-haired girl seethed. ”Prince, hit it with an air cutter!”[break][break]

The beautifly flapped its wings in excitement, ready to dole out action. He gained some height above the venipede before increasing the speed of his flaps and thrusting a series of wind slices toward the poisonous bug. The venipede was only able to scurry a foot or two before becoming engulfed by the critical attack. It flew onto its back and squirmed.[break][break]

"Stun spore!” Nabi then ordered. Prince quickly followed in with the paralyzing substance, effectively trapping the bug in spot. One, two, three – game over for this pesky venipede.[break][break]

Nabi produced an empty pokeball from her belt and tossed it toward the struggling venipede. It wiggled in place a few times before clicking with the familiar ding! She was sure this venipede could be put to some sort of use.[break][break]

Free of her battle, her head was now turned to observe the other trainer and her situation with the kricketot.

// TAG

[GoogleFont=Roboto|Lato]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 6:18:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It came as litter wonder to Shalin that Nabi had not heard of Sygna Suits. Typically only the very wealthy could afford them. They also required the bond their wearer had with a particular Pokémon to be at its peak. Without both those components, the bond of Infinity Energy would fail. When harnessed, though, it unlocked surreal, supernatural powers for the Pokémon in question, much like the bond between a Patron and its Avatar. Shalin's was the ability to withstand extreme motion and make her feel extremely light to any Pokémon she rode on, as long as either her Flygon or Venusaur were present and close by.

"It's meant to look like the Pokémon you draw your power from," Shalin explained after the fluttering wing she was sitting on at last came to a stop. It had yanked her up and down fast enough to turn Shalin into a blur. Was her suit really capable of withstanding such violent, whiplash-inducing motion?

Once she could feel her legs again, Shalin slid down from the Yanmega's wing and extended a hand in Nabi's direction. "Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro," she introduced herself, "and these two are Flit and Sandy. I've known both of them for a really long time. What about you? What's your name?"

skipping!

{WC: 217}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 3:57:47 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD APPLIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BULLETPROOF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WITHDRAW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WIMPOD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WIMP OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRUGGLE BUG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]undefined

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

CAUGHT THE VENIPEDE!
close tab

played by

meulk

birdwing
she/her
december 21st
mahogany town
bisexual
yumi's errand girl
civilian
single
5'3" height
5'3" height
awards
168 posts
nabi park DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nabi
nabi park
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 0:20:16 GMT
nabi park Avatar
[nospaces]

Nabi nodded in response to Shalin's words to show she understood her. Her eyes gleamed over the details of the Sygna Suit, picking out the parts that closely resembled pokemon. Nabi's own choice of clothing was simple and cute while also allowing her flexible movement.[break][break]

Reluctantly, Nabi reached forward with her own hand to make contact with Shalin. She was hesitant, as any properly trained ninja should be. "Captain," Nabi whistled. Was this someone Nabi needed to be wary of? "Well, Captain, you must be a pretty decent trainer if you have this fancy suit." She retracted her hand, deeming the shake had been long enough. "I'm just Nabi. No special titles for me." She raised her hands, palms up and empty.[break][break]

Actually, back home, when she was on-duty and needed to protect her identity, Nabi bore the name of Birdwing, attributed to her characteristically green eyes and affinity with butterflies.[break][break]

Unknown to Nabi, one of her pokeballs had fallen loose after her brief fight with the venipede. A wild applin, too curious for its own good, had taken a tumble from a nearby tree during Prince's onslaught of air cutters. It nudged the empty ball and was immediately sucked in. The capture was made effortlessly. Prince was the only to take notice and had retrieved the ball while Nabi was talking.[break][break]

"Hm? Oh, thanks, Prince," Nabi said when her beautifly fluttered back. He dropped the ball in her hands. She would find out later. "And this is my partner, Prince. He's actually from here." She gestured to the woods surrounding them. "We were feeling sort of nostalgic. I think that's why we're here. Then we heard the noise... which leads us to you, Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro."

// TAG [break]
// NOTES applin caught!

[GoogleFont=Roboto|Lato]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 22:37:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Fair!" the Ranger replied. "And just Shalin's okay! No need to call me Captain. I only just became a Captain a couple months ago." Her legs still tingled some, but she could comfortably walk around for now.

"You actually stumbled into my back yard," she continued, retracting her hand as well. "See that big, hollow tree way over there?" she pointed to the largest one to their west. "That's where my home's at. I don't live in the city at all. Only go there when I have to."

Once she was feeling better, Shalin turned to Saria, a hulking Venusaur that was entertaining some of the girl's other Pokémon. "Ready to scoop me up?" she asked the giant grass-type, easily one and a half stories tall. With a nod and a wide smile, she extended some rather thick vines from beneath her flower, the pods at the end of them surreal in size. The Venusaur's vine slithered between her trainer's legs and lifted her off the ground. Once she felt her legs leave the grass, Shalin grabbed onto the end of the vine with both hands as though she were riding on a Pokémon.

skipping!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 5:35:05 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SWABLU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NATURAL CURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]REFRESH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NATURAL GIFT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COTTON GUARD

[attr="class","wildtag"]@tag

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARMALDO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL CLAW

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

CAUGHT THE APPLIN!
close tab

played by

meulk

birdwing
she/her
december 21st
mahogany town
bisexual
yumi's errand girl
civilian
single
5'3" height
5'3" height
awards
168 posts
nabi park DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nabi
nabi park
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 0:13:12 GMT
nabi park Avatar
[nospaces]

Nabi gawked at the tree Shalin called her home. "You live here?" she repeated. Her eyes traced the size of the tree, noting its strong roots and thick bark. Wasn't this every child's dream, to live in a treehouse? Well, it was Nabi's dream, at some point, at least. Though now at her age, she wasn't so sure she wanted to play fairy tale and live in the forest, away from showers and toilets.[break][break]

"I... that's crazy," she said with a hint of a chuckle. "When I was kid, I came here a lot. It was kind of like my home away from home. I would have loved to actually have lived here." She watched Shalin gracefully move onto the back of her venusaur. She was obviously a natural at riding her pokemon.[break][break]

Out of no where, a swablu perched itself on the top of Nabi's head. "Oh, hello," she said, giving its fluffy wing a soft pat. For whatever reason, the swablu had claimed its spot on her. She didn't mind, for now.[break][break]

"Sorry, exactly what are you captain of?" Nabi then asked, showing her ignorance of the world.

// TAG [break]
// NOTES swablu caught! we catchin' ALL DA POKEMANZ HUEHUEHUE

[GoogleFont=Roboto|Lato]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 18:50:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"I do!" Shalin chirped. "I can't bear to keep my Pokémon digitized for so long, so I let them roam the plateau out back!" It wasn't just a few Pokémon she had; she was such an avid rider than she wanted to saddle up so many different ones. How many did she have by now? Fifty or more? As simple of a life as it was, she and her Pokémon loved it, a crystal clear lake in the middle of the wooded plateau where she bathed. Yes, she had some modern amenities thanks to electric Pokémon being able to power devices, but she generally loved the quiet aspects of living off-grid. She didn't like being in large cities. If only she had waited a little longer, then she could have snagged 's seat instead of 's, being in charge of a much smaller city.

Shalin was happy to answer Nabi's questions about that, too. "I am Captain of Rustboro City's Pokémon Rangers. Though I spend a fair bit of time in the field, I direct many of their operations. It's a lot more bookwork than I'd like, but I still--" She was interrupted by the swinging motion of her Venusaur's vine, flinging her about like the wildest theme park ride imaginable. All she could do was hoot and holler as the VINE WHIP started to twirl.

With the girl sitting right on the giant vine's cracker at its very end, she was about to go faster than any carnival ride in the world.

skipping!

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 23:14:53 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LOKIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TINTED LENS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRST IMPRESSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE KICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BRELOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] POISON HEAL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FORCE PALM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DYNAMIC PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

CAUGHT THE SWABLU!
close tab

played by

meulk

birdwing
she/her
december 21st
mahogany town
bisexual
yumi's errand girl
civilian
single
5'3" height
5'3" height
awards
168 posts
nabi park DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nabi
nabi park
into the woods
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 23:32:22 GMT
nabi park Avatar
[nospaces]

Nabi's head moved in agreement. She made an effort to let her pokemon breathe and exercise, but unlke Shalin, she did not have a place to call home where they could freely roam about. Though it was unlike her tastes, Nabi even began to fantasize the idea of living in a modernized treehouse. Perhaps she would take a look at Fortree City's housing industry...[break][break]

"Oh, the Rangers," the girl then said, though her understanding of the Rangers and their business was only textbook. Shalin did look the part with her high-throttle energy and clear love for pokemon. In response to the venusaur's sudden vine whip, Nabi took a step back to keep herself from being on the other end of an accidental kick. It was equally bizarre and curious to Nabi that Shalin seemed to connect with her pokemon so well to the point that their physical movements seemed to become one seamless limb.[break][break]

The swablu at her head adjusted itself while Prince the Beautifly finally came to settle on Nabi's free shoulder, his thin wings carefully tucked in together. The weight was starting to become noticeable to her. "Well, sorry to intrude on your home," she then apologized, eyes following Shalin's quick figure as it whirled on the venusaur's vine.[break][break]

"You wouldn't happen to know the best way to get to Rustboro, would you?" In her head, she called herself an idiot. Of course the Captain of Rustboro's Pokemon Rangers who also lived in Petalburg Woods would be familiar with the terrain and map of the area. "I was kind of just wandering... To be honest, I've never actually made it to the other side." As a child, she had no reason to make the trek to Rustboro City.

// TAG [break]
// NOTES skip!

[GoogleFont=Roboto|Lato]