JAMES BAKER
giver, taker
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 5:14:14 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","james bakerboy"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it's not often that james finds time to leave the office during the day save for their trips into the rifts—even for lunch he often orders in and has them deliver it all the way up to the labs—but today, he ventures out to ever grande to meet with his former boss.[break][break]

"professor!"[break][break]

he jogs up to her, smiling.[break][break]

"it's so good to see you again. it's funny that i live a few blocks down but we never run into each other."

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".bakerboy"] --accent:#5d7070!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
giver, taker
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:17:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Collaboration is the essence of life. The Beautifly, the flowers, and the wind all work together to spread pollen far and wide and keep the lush earth they live on healthy and green. It is but one example of the importance of teamwork.

Reuniting with James to work together towards discovery had been a hope she shared when he first moved on and took the job at Silph Corp. Now, it was becoming a reality.

“Hey James!” Eva enthusiastically waved at her old apprentice as he approached, “Great to see you too! I can’t wait to hear all about what great things you’ve been up to!”

Eva’s smiled curled into a grin, must be working you to the bone then, huh?” a joke, obviously. For how much he yapped about Eva’s work-life balance, she couldn’t imagine that he neglected to do the same to his own employees.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
507 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
giver, taker
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 9:04:45 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"oh he definitely tries his best to, but i think i mostly do it to myself."[break][break]

his unhealthy work ethic is something would be familiar with, given how she used to be his boss not too long ago. so in that regard, not much has changed, and it shows through the dark shades under his eyes.[break][break]

"we've mostly been exploring the rifts and documenting our findings to try and map out any correlations. or perhaps even a timeline of events."[break][break]

he says with a smile.[break][break]

"how about you, professor? what have you been up to?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
giver, taker
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 5:03:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva was indeed familiar with his unhealthy work-life balance. It’s a trait she regrettably failed to scrub from her mentees before they left her watch. It likely stemmed from her lack of respect for her own boundaries.

“Hm, yes, that’s a big undertaking,” the rifts have proven to be more expansive than anyone could have imagined. It would take several teams to efficiently map out their entirety - if that was even possible, “We should really be more diligent about sharing data,” it’s a second thought that is breathed to life without hesitation.

Eva began leading them down the little path to the quaint coffee shop she took the time to visit every now and then. Any talk of work required some caffeine in her hand, “Oh gosh, little bit of everything, unfortunately. It’s hard to really focus on one thing when so many things require my attention,” she sighed, biting her lower lip, “To be honest, it’s been hard to find good help which certainly spreads me thin too.”

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
507 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
giver, taker
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 10:14:34 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

following her down the little path to the quaint coffee shop, he nods, unable to help himself from reaching his point even before they make it to caffeine.[break][break]

"it's a shame you don't have your favorite assistant to help out."[break][break]

he chuckles, then looks at her with the same optimistic eyes he once had when he first became her assistant.[break][break]

"but that's kinda what i'm here for, actually. i wanted to talk to you about the possibility of us working together."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
giver, taker
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:54:47 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Her own laugh joined his as they moved into the coffee shop’s interior to get in line, “Yes, it really is a shame,” she agreed with a cheeky tone. There was some truth to it, though. Good help was hard to find and people you really trusted were even more rare.

Eva ordered them both a coffee while James spilled the beans before they even sat down, “Work together, huh?” there was no hiding the bright smile at the prospect of all they could accomplish, “Well, you know better than more I always think more minds are better than one,” collaboration was the key to success in the scientific field, “Is there a particular project you had in mind?” she handed James his coffee before guiding them to a table by the cafe’s window.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
507 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
giver, taker
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 9:14:06 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"well, you know most of what we do at aeos revolves around anomalies, so i was thinking we could look into the different realities and universes."[break][break]

some currently exist, as evident by the rifts in various parts of hoenn, along with the occasional one that opens up to THE DISTORTION WORLD, so it would not be crazy to assume others do as well.[break][break]

"i think they're all connected somehow. if we can find what links them together, maybe we'll begin to understand their motives and goals and what we can then do to prevent an apocalypse."[break][break]

a bit grim, but his usual optimism has long dipped.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights