Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Grief on Ice [M][O]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 3:54:34 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Though a daddy’s girl at heart, winter was mother’s time. A ski and skating lover, Brenna McKenna had taught her daughter the wonders of ice from a young age. While nothing beat the sky for her, Aubre’s time on the ice was freeing. Which is why it was so tortuous to see the ice rink being built outside her office. [break][break]

For a week, it tempted her. But—between all the frostbite and Kyogre’s rampage—there wasn’t any time to lollygag outside. Even working through her lunch period didn’t do much to catch them up. Then, on the eighth day, one of her favorite patients passed away in her arms. The ancient Corviknight had lost his wing in an accident almost two years prior. He’d been used by the clinic’s outreach to teach kids about bird Pokemon. Today, the assistant found him frozen forever like a gargoyle. [break][break]

But, he looked at peace. That was all she could really ask for. The steel bird had lived a long life. And, after years of staring yearningly at the sky, he could fly again. It was beautiful when you thought about it. Or, at least, that’s what she tried to tell herself.
[break][break]
Doctor McKenna’s ugly sobs were muffled behind a hand. After a few attempts at doing paperwork, ended as tears blurred the text. A gentle claw squeezed her shoulder as Alastor leaned across to his sister. “Yeah, I know—it’s just hard.” The sound of laughter drew her eyes toward the ice rink. A somber smile appeared as she pulled a pair of worn skates from her bottom drawer. “Come on, let’s go.” The Heliolisk nodded. “For Maury.” [break][break]

Nerves overtook her as she approached the little gate. Her white coat was still visible beneath her army green designer coat. Tears froze on her lashes as she squeezed the wall. A heavy exhale aimed to send her nerves flying, but only intensified them instead. Will I even remember how? Do you know how dangerous this stuff is? With a kick, she flew onto the ice.
[break][break]
Before long, the doctor was smiling through those tears.

[attr="class","bottom"]
@open[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#5AC575; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:10.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/95/c1/TubjwWzE_o.png); height:120px; width:120px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color: #76CF8C; } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:10.5px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Grief on Ice [M][O]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 0:07:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “You know, I don’t think they have the capacity for what we need, you know?” she spoke absentmindedly out loud as she casually walked down the quaint streets of Oldale. She walked at a slow pace, her mind up in the clouds while her feet were firmly planted on the ground. The Jynx that swayed beside her seemed less than intrigued at her trainer’s random thoughts. In all honesty, the pokemon didn’t really know what they were doing here in the first place. This town was far too small and lacked the lustrous wonders of the larger cities like Ever Grande and Lilycove. The Jynx would much rather be caught up in the bustle of the city than the quiet nothingness of places like Oldale. Eva seemed to enjoy it though.

Despite the dullness of their surroundings, something did catch the Jynx’s eye. The psychic-type stopped in the middle of the road, staring blankly over at the small ice rink. Eva, caught up in other distractions, didn’t notice the pokemon stop suddenly. She ran right into the ice-type’s back, “Umph! Juliet, what are you-” she followed her gaze over towards the focus of the pokemon’s attention.

A flash of red hair gracefully moved across the rink with what Eva could only describe as familiarity. The doctor cocked her head, slowly gathering the necessary data from the archives of her mind. She recognized Aubre. She also recognized the distance in her gaze, the rosy cheeks shining with drying tears, and the glossy grief that sparkled in her eyes.

That too, was all too familiar.

“Do you want to try?” she motioned to the rink. Not wanting to seem too eager, the Jynx simply shrugged her slender shoulders before following Eva towards the rink.

Eva rented a pair of skates for the both of them from the small booth and helped the Jynx get situated. By now, Juliet had lost her ability to hide her excitement. She rushed out to the ice, using COPYCAT to mirror Aubre’s movements. Eva followed soon after, keeping close to the rink’s sturdy wall. She was obviously not very good at this, mostly trying to walk in the skates rather than push, “You’re very good at this, Aubre,” she smiled in greeting, giving the younger doctor a friendly wave hello.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Grief on Ice [M][O]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 16:08:44 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

As the tears froze, she felt her heart buoy slightly. The Pokemon had been in pain for a long time—a lot like her. And, even if it wasn’t the result she wanted, the doctor knew he wasn’t hurting anymore. All of the guilt and inadequacy were pushed into her legs as she pushed herself into the winter breeze. [break][break]

With a kick-off on her back foot, Aubre did a simple axle. A small wave of powdered ice sprayed from her foot as she drew it back toward her body. So focused was she on this, that she failed to notice as the blonde entered the rink. A lot of the laughter and joviality around her faded to white noise. The movements were automated—a simple outlet. Which is why she was surprised to find Eva staring back at her. [break][break]“Oh!” She stumbled. One skate flipping sideways for a moment. Only a quick shift saved her from an embarrassing fall—something that would have caused a pile-up. “Doctor Morales!” [break][break]

Way to make a liar out of her, you useless klutz. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. “Well, I wouldn’t go that far.” She laughed, the sound full of embarrassment. “I haven’t been on the ice in ages.” [break][break]

Alastor, meanwhile, took off after the Jynx. He croaked up at her, "What a copycat!" But there was a smile in that banter. His little skates were custom-made, basically sandals with a small loop.
[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

She almost bites it

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunstest1]--accent:#5AC575;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunstest1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 i"]color: #72CD89;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights