thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Brojobbing
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 10:29:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Concern me?" Cillian arches a brow. "If you're in danger of ending up like Merlo, you should be the one who's concerned."[break][break]

It was no secret in Rocket that he'd damn near killed . That he'd been dead to rights before a lucky comeback from his Ralts had spirited him to safety. That he'd been hospitalized in the aftermath.[break][break]

It was no secret in Rocket how Cillian dealt with traitors.[break][break]

"If I'm concerned, it's for my husband. He likes you."
[break][break]
But had liked Isaac, too.[break][break]

Cillian had no fear of where his husband's loyalties lay.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Brojobbing
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 10:35:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's his biggest error, I confess. is far too trusting, it's his biggest weakness." Howard frowned, then his eye softened. "Yet he's the reason I have faith in Team Rocket. He's an animal, rabid and frothing. Yet he trusted me, and so I trust him."

Step. Step. Step. Howard's boots sunk into the snow as he walked off, before turning to Underboss Quinn.

"If I end up like Merlo, and you're the one who strikes me down..." Howard's eye winked shut, and his scarred eye socket twitched. "Lie. Don't tell him it was you. Despite your pride as an archaeologist, put it aside for that man."

After a somber moment, the archaeologist brightened and let out a wry smile. His eye glinted in the cold winter snow. He and Cillian Quinn were the same. It was like looking into a snapshot of an ending that Howard Slayte didn't want to accept. So he wouldn't. He'd ignore this bad end, and bury it. Let someone else dig it up.

That was the purpose of archaeology.

"Or not. Maybe I'll stick around. Team Rocket needs an Admin Fox, don't you agree?"

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Brojobbing
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 12:50:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Another man might've taken offense to the love of his life being compared to a rabid animal, but Cillian seems almost proud. was a Beast, after all. Such animalistic aggression suited their kind well.[break][break]

"It's not for pride that I'd tell him the truth." Though he was indeed proud, Rocket has long since taught him how to put that pride aside for his own well-being. "It's about trust. He trusts me to be honest with him, and I wouldn't break that trust for anything."[break][break]

Temp might grieve for Howard, might wish that things could've been different, but he would not hate Cillian for doing what he must.[break][break]

A sharp scoff breaks his somber mood.[break][break]

"You know that was the traitor's title, once." It's not a question; he figures if hates that much, he'd be well aware. "Why take it as your own? For the irony?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Brojobbing
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 9:56:21 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Don't do it for pride, do it for love. I suppose that's hard, though. You and I? We need to tell the truth. We're historians, after all. A lie told for any reason brings shame upon the field we've committed ourselves to."

Even if Cillian had thrown that field away in favor for Rocket. He had become a weapon, an ironfisted ruler who served. Instead of being the chronicler of history, he was now the glue that held the tapestry of Rocket together. There was a reason Cillian inspired so much terror on the battlefield, with that Shadow Lugia of his.

No, in spite of it. Cillian did not need Lugia to be strong.

"Because history shouldn't be erased. should know that some stains simply never come out. It's my shame, and his as well. He thinks he can just walk away...?"

Howard clenched a fist, and his eye blazed with anger. Why did Remiel get to walk away, and not him? The prince who had been raised for kingship, joining Rocket for some obscene reason that nobody knew? Once he got Zekrom, he decided that he was too good for them?

Unacceptable. Remiel Calcifet shouldn't have been allowed to defect. He got to, and Howard didn't. He was stuck here. Remiel got everything, including his freedom. Howard got the dregs.

"It's a punishment for me and him." Howard looked at Cillian. "You get it?"

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Brojobbing
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 17:38:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian laughs. It's a cold, humourless sound.[break][break]

"Is that what you think?" He shakes his head. It's not with disgust or contempt. "If I was concerned with bringing shame upon my profession, I'd have never joined up with Rocket."[break][break]

Though he doesn't intend it to be, the statement is almost insulting when levied against a man such as . He seemed to pride himself on his passion, his dedication to his field, and yet he too had thrown that honour aside.[break][break]

If Rocket demanded deception, where would that leave him?[break][break]

"I'm no historian. I'm an underboss."[break][break]

The line in the sand was clear, uncrossed.[break][break]

But on one thing, they can agree: should never have been allowed to leave. He deserved to be punished. Cillian's not so sure why Howard has chosen to mantle that shame himself, but it matters little so long as the Admin maintains his begrudging loyalty to their cause.[break][break]

"I understand as much as I need to."[break][break]

He wouldn't protest the title, nor the reason behind it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Brojobbing
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 18:57:24 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"If the options are to join up with Rocket or let my dream die, I'll put my uniform on every time." Howard shrugged, annoyed. Cillian didn't have this choice. Rocket had simply broken his body and mind until he had reached this point. Again, they were different. He was not the same as Cillian Quinn.

"It was do this or stock aisles in a Pokemart, watching as my dream turned to ash. Dreams have no end, but I would've found the end of mine."

He decided that he disliked Cillian Quinn for throwing his pride away, but he also chose to like the man. The Underboss had simply shifted one dream in favor of another. That was admirable.

He had been flexible, because the other option was to break.

"Good. I'll do my job. I understand when I've nudged too far. Thank you for the conversation, Underboss Quinn."

A flash of Pokeballs erupted as several Sigilyth flew towards the pit, and began moving crates with psychic power. Howard sighed and checked his watch. A lot of this would be sold, but Howard would pick out a few pieces for his collection.

His pride as a historian, he supposed.

"You're sure you don't want a piece?"

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Brojobbing
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 14:32:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I felt the same, once."

[break][break]
The man who'd enlisted in Kanto wouldn't be able to conceive of the one who'd laid down his dreams of science to take up the mantle of leader, instead. Though pride and a promise of power had lured him into the trap, it had been acceptance that let him escape its jaws.
[break][break]

He had not wholly abandoned his love of science, in the end, but instead shifted Rocket above himself in terms of priority.
[break][break]

Howard declares an end to their talk, and Cillian inclines his head.
[break][break]

"Any time."
[break][break]

He doesn't assist with the transportation; Howard's Pokémon seem to have it well in hand. His own are fighters, killers, and would not take kindly to being assigned such menial tasks.
[break][break]

He shakes his head at the question.
[break][break]

"Not unless it's something I don't already have, which is unlikely. I've been collecting a long time. I have a restoration machine in my basement."

[break][break]
He says it casually, as if he wasn't admitting to keeping a highly expensive piece of tech in his home.
[break][break]

It also proved, though he didn't intend it to, that his dream was not dead. It was simply set upon a higher shelf.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Brojobbing
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 8:15:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Once." Howard's voice was an echo. "What is 'once' but a moment in history that has already passed? The past can come again, Cillian. When it does..."

The Admin smiled a strange smile, the kind that persisted long after the source of joy had passed.

"You'll make that choice again."

A higher shelf was still a shelf, after all. There was a difference between tossing something into the trash and leaving it just out of reach.

The archaeologist watched as his his Sigilyth stacked the boxes midair with mental power. With a flash, his Claydol appeared before the crates. Everything vanished as it and the Sigilyth Teleported the supplies back to Sootopolis to be sorted, archived, and sold.

"I see. You'll have to show me it sometime, yeah?" Howard didn't display the childish glee he tended to display when faced with archaeological findings or tools. Instead, he just seemed weary. Afraid. Tired. "Let's go back. The rangers should be here in a few minutes, and Crumble should be back right..."

Howard checked his watch. "Now."

Crumble appeared before Cillian and Howard, the Claydol staring at them both. Howard bowed his head and gestured towards the Claydol.

"After you."

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Brojobbing
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 3:29:57 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB