thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 17:42:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Disguised, 'Thomas Finnegan' is unrecognizable as one of Hoenn's Most Wanted, Rocket underboss. His long red hair is tied back from his face and he's smiling as he steps into the proverbial ring against .[break][break]

"Hey, aren't you that gym leader?"[break][break]

Cillian knows the face and name of every prominent member of the League, of course. It's his job to know the greatest potential threats to Rocket's campaign against the region. But here, in this tournament, Lam is as much a threat as any other.[break][break]

This isn't how he and Faolan are used to battling. His avatar powers, even if he were to use them, are useless here.[break][break]

But they're survivors, both of them, and they haven't survived by giving in.[break][break]

"Good luck to ya."[break][break]

Cillian's Lucario growls in challenge.[break][break]

SHADOW | HP 3/3

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
his hands keep turning into birds and flying away from him. eventually the birds must land.
awards
1,752 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 23:33:13 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango lam"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Ha! Yeah, one of ‘em!” That gym leader is sorta generic, but it’s not like Lam minds all that much. He works here in Lilycove, and he’s more comfortable with only a moderate amount of attention or spotlight. For the most part, he’s happy to just go about his business battling challengers and handing out badges.[break][break]

The sparkly pidove he sends out is puny next to the dark-hued lucario, but the pair are unperturbed. It won’t be the first, or last, time Pops squares up against a much larger opponent.[break][break]

“Likewise! Let’s make it a good one,” Lam responds in kind as he squares up on his side—flashing his opponent a thumbs up.[break][break]

The pidove chirps as she takes her own determined stance (and it is adorable.)

[break][break]
// not using z-power gimmick yet[break]
hp: 3/3

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".lam"] --accent:#83B130!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 1:30:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Recognized ya from the travel brochures; the gym circuit's a big deal back home." Given his strong Galarian accent, it wasn't hard to guess where 'back home' might be. It's a lie, but a well-founded one. Galar was big on the gym challenge. "What's your specialty, then?"[break][break]

In contrast to Cillian's amiable demeanor, Faolan glowers at his tiny opponent, then back over his shoulder at Cillian.[break][break]

The Lucario couldn't speak, but Cillian understood the sentiment.[break][break]

Really?[break][break]

"Don't be such a grouch, wolf. Remember that Eevee earlier?"[break][break]

That's all the prompting Faolan needs to launch himself into the fight. Hoping to catch his opponent off guard in the opening strike, he closes the gap with EXTREME SPEED before launching SHADOWY aura WAVES toward the bird.[break][break]

5f0tTnG7[break][break]
SHADOW | HP 3/3

[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
his hands keep turning into birds and flying away from him. eventually the birds must land.
awards
1,752 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 18:35:02 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Oh, yeah? Didn’t realize I was on any of those.” It sort of makes sense, though, when he thinks about it. He doesn’t dwell any further on it. “Galar, huh? Way too cold over there for me!” Alola was in his blood, there was no shaking his preference for the heat.[break][break]

“Double matches!” A bark of laughter follows, his head tipping back. “Doesn’t do me much good here, does it?” But that’s okay– they can still hold their own. It was important to be flexible.[break][break]

Pops rustles her wings impatiently, tail twitching as she waits eagerly to take off. Clearly, she’s itching to prove herself capable to the snarly lucario. Launching off of the ground as the other pokemon bolts toward her with blurring speed, an AIR SLASH slices through the air and propels her backward.[break][break]

It’s a little more difficult to avoid the waves of darkness that ripple out toward her, but the pidove makes use of the shadows–disappearing into them and then reemerging from behind to SHADOW SNEAK Faolan.

[break][break]
Bv3O|3Pt[break] // not using z-power gimmick yet[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 19:11:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I know how ya feel! Miserable, the heat." He could face a snowstorm in a sweater, but it's taken years to acclimate even slightly to Hoenn's tropical climate. "Imagine my surprise when I got off the boat and saw snow! Didn't think ya got it, over here."[break][break]

In reality, Cillian had woke up to frosted windows and snow piled outside his front door, and he'd been delighted.[break][break]

Less delighted is Faolan, who hesitates as his foe disappears just long enough for the tiny bird to sneak up from behind. He staggers with the blow, and his HP drops.[break][break]

Having seen his partner come back from worse, Cillian doesn't fret just yet.[break][break]

"You seem to be doin' all right," he counters Lam with a friendly smirk. "For now, anyway!"[break][break]

Shaking himself off, Faolan musters up another SHADOW WAVE only to COPY the Pidove's earlier trick, hoping to traverse the field with EXTREME SPEED to catch his opponent by surprise.

[break][break]
O30zZBZV[break][break]
SHADOW | HP 2/3

[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,752 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 1:36:43 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Oh, but I’ll take the heat any day!” He waves a hand as if doing his best to wave away even the idea of the cold that’s swept through the region. “My fiancé, though? I’m sure he’d agree with you! I didn’t think it showed up, either, when I first moved over.”[break][break]
Lam’s own reaction to the frost and onslaught of everything winter wonderland had left him whining and diving for his pile of blankets. It had been pretty and captivating the first time he’d seen the stuff—last year. Now? He’s thoroughly over it.[break][break]
His fists pumps the air when Poppy lands her hit. The little pidove trills in triumph as she manages to knock the disgruntled Lucario in the noggin.[break][break]
The quip earns a laugh from Lam, and he flashes a thumbs up—even as the speedy whack manages to smack the pidove and send her tumbling in a flurry of huffy tweets. “We’re aiming to keep it that way, too! Right, Pops?”[break][break]
The ridiculous z-pose he strikes is more of a cue than actually having anything to do with actually gathering energy so much as it is a cue to Pops. She darts straight up, z-energy swarming around her before she tilts downward straight toward the Lucario.[break][break]
Aiming to impact with the bigger pokemon as a meteoric mini missile.[break][break]
meteoric mini missile: the pokemon gathers z-energy to forge a plumage-like shell around it before colliding with its target with detonation level impact.

[break][break]
a3W2Or7V +50[break] // gimmick: z-move, +50 to 1 roll[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 0:10:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Not a Hoenn native either, then?" That was hardly surprising. It seemed half the region was a melting pot. It suited Cillian just fine; it meant he could still get some of Galar's regional delicacies in shops set up by fellow immigrants. "Alola, I'm guessing?"[break][break]

It was one of the more tropical regions, like Hoenn.[break][break]

Sensing the incoming danger, Faolan attempts to DETECT the incoming missile and leap out of the way... but with the Z-energy, Poppy's much faster than he is, and collides with the force of an explosion. The Lucario's health drops.[break][break]

"Back on your feet, wolf! You're not out yet!"[break][break]

Grumbling, but ever the survivor, Faolan picks himself up and shakes himself off. He looks ragged but determined, LIFE DEW swirling around him to grant him strength as he charges a FLASH CANNON, leveling it toward the bird.[break][break]

It fires with EXTREME SPEED, but would it be enough?

[break][break]
wXyRFDyx +10[break][break]
SHADOW | HP 1/3

[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,752 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 0:31:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Nope!” he replies brightly. He shot the guy a set of finger guns. “You’re on the money! Hau’oli City homegrown!” Honestly, Lam didn’t think he met Hoenn locals nearly as often–though that probably wasn’t true. It just seemed so common to find others who had flocked to this region with similar curiosities about the oddities of the region.[break][break]
“Ah, I want the sun to come back badly.” He sighs, jokingly forlorn.[break][break]
His hands clap in short, sharp approval as Poppy lands the hit. The pidove lands temporarily, feathers ruffling as she shakes them out to loosen herself up again after the impact. “Stay sharp, Pops! Round us off!” Her wings outstretch, a smack-talk sort of tweeting as she watches the lucario buff himself up.[break][break]
Clawed footies push her up off the ground, shooting straight up as the FLASH CANNON catches her in with harsh light. A flurry of chirps follow and when she emerges, her eyes are screwed shut–clearly a bit disoriented from the brightness and impact.[break][break]
Rather than aim a more precise attack, when she retaliates, it is with a wider-berthed blast of a sweltering HEATWAVE.
[break][break]
K1G912ZI[break] // gimmick: z-move, +50 to 1 roll[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 1:15:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Nice!" He'd been to Alola a few times. Pretty, but too hot. "Grew up in Spikemuth, myself."[break][break]

Relating himself to Circhester might be a bit too on the nose, so he chooses a city close enough that the accent would only be distinguishable by a local, or someone intimately familiar with Galarian culture.[break][break]

He laughs. "On your own, there."[break][break]

If anything, he wanted winter to become a staple of the region's weather patterns. At least then he'd have something to look forward to![break][break]

Poppy's HEATWAVE is dampened by the LIFE DEW that swirls around Faolan, allowing a narrow escape from the dangerous attack. Cillian's heart pounds as he watches the bird's health drop. Faolan was really out to get him with these clutch fights![break][break]

Panting from exertion, the Lucario launches itself into the air with SHADOW WAVE and then aims for a tackle with EXTREME SPEED, hoping to drive them both into the dirt.

[break][break]
Jh2te4By[break][break]
SHADOW | HP 1/3

[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,752 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 1:28:45 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Never been!” He shrugged his shoulders exaggeratedly, “Maybe I’ll make a trip sometime. Just…during the summer or something.”[break][break]

There’s no way for Lam to know any different from what the man says as he talks about his life. So all he can really do is take him at face value, continuing to believe that he’s a visitor from Galar, taking advantage of the inter-regional tourney.[break][break]

His own laugh matches the other’s and he shakes his head. “To each their own.”[break][break]

Lam’s attention shifts back to the match, though, and he frowns as Poppy fails to really knock the lucario down again. “All out again, Pops! Keep up the effort!”[break][break]

Temporarily out of reach, she ROOSTS for a moment as the other pokemon weathers the heat she spewed out at him. Trying to make sure the downward tick of her health doesn’t waver again.[break][break]

Rather than dive away from the incoming attack, the pidove speeds up to attempt meeting Faolan head on. Draconic energy pulses around her, charging before impact as she swings the metaphorical DRAGON HAMMER for collision.

[break][break]
mN2pJJ9V[break] // gimmick: z-move, +50 to 1 roll[break]
hp: 2/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 0:07:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Yeah, Spikemuth's all right in the summer! Might still be too chilly for your blood, though. Further north they get snow year round, so the cold winds blow down from the mountains some days." He thinks back to a cold day at the beaches of Spikemuth, his cousins teasing him for being unwilling to get in the water. The memory sits sour in his skull.
[break][break]

On the battlefield, Faolan grumbles in frustration as his opponent roosts out of his reach.
[break][break]

When the little bird finally comes down, he doesn't expect her to face him head-on. It catches him off guard, and he's too slow to dodge the DRAGON HAMMER that slams into his side, knocking him down.
[break][break]

He gets back up, not one to stop fighting until he could physically fight no more... but the VITAL GEAR decides the match. Faolan had lost.
[break][break]

Shrugging, Cillian crosses the field to offer a handshake to the victor.
[break][break]

"Grats! She's a tough egg to crack!"

[break][break]
SHADOW | HP 0/3

[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,752 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 15:52:34 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Ha, yeah probably is. Probably the furthest south I can be is best for visiting the likes of Galar.” Even then, it might be chillier than he cares for. But his fiancé would probably be over the moon for the cool air.[break][break]
He watches on, ready to spur the pidove on—though it’s clear she needs little nudging. Being able to pick at the larger canine has given her an edge of confidence, bolstered by his irritation.[break][break]
But the gear calls it for them, and in all honesty, it probably saved her from getting smacked by a heavy paw.[break][break]
Lam meets him halfway, hand outstretched to accept the shake. Poppy lights on his shoulder, wings fluttering as she coos proudly.[break][break]
He cracks a grin, glance flitting over to the Lucario. “Yours is just as tough! Don’t think he was about to call it quits!” It’s an admirable determination.[break][break]
“Good match!” And onto the next.

[break][break]
// gimmick: z-move, +50 to 1 roll[break]
lam wins!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
cillian vs lam [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 4:18:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven