part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
VCT: Eva vs. Lash
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 20:05:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 For the first time in the tournament so far, Eva didn’t recognize the opponent across the battlefield. That means a proper introduction was in order.

The Professor offered a wide wave, “Hello there! I’m Eva, nice to meet you!”

She saved the banter for those she was already friends with. Last thing she wanted to do was accidentally offend her opponent, “You’ll be meeting Syah in combat today,” Eva ushered the Machamp out to the battlefield, “Don’t underestimate her, she’s a force to be reckoned with,” as if the emphasize the warning, the Machamp pounded her four fists together, a sharp crack echoed across the battlefield.

“Ready when you are!”

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
31 (appears way younger due to distortion)
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 22:10:01 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Truth be told, it would be odd for someone to recognize Lash anyway, so she was used to others needing introductions. Not that she knew that one, anyway. The girl looked like some kind of explorer type, which was pretty common across trainers. Hence, Lash was not going to even remotely assume that she was dealing with a professor.

The raven-red haired one, in the meantime, mostly rocked that school-girl look that always did her good in events like these. Being underestimated was good. And this Eva at the very least did not do so by infantilizing her, which was always appreciated. “Good day, Miss Eva. I am Lash and this is Lyca. And don’t worry, I am not going to underestimate anything with more than two arms. That is a personal rule of mine.” A bold-faced lie for the sake of a joke, of course. Her Lycanroc in the meantime made its way to the pitch.

“And I am aware that it’s a lame name, but I mean, it does fit, doesn’t it?” The canine one sneered, its expression making it difficult to determine whether or not it agreed to that – and if so, which part with.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:59:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The joke was good enough to earn a chuckle from Eva, adding to the bright smile that stretched across her face, “There's nothing lame about a name!” she concluded, wagging a finger in the other woman’s direction. It wasn’t meant to be patronizing, but one never really could tell. Eva had learned long ago to never underestimate an opponent based on their age or appearance. Many have proven that to her time and time again.

“Alright then, let’s get started!”

Syah gave her trainer a firm nod, BULKING UP with a fierce fight-type energy. She moved forward, each step shaking the ground and she advanced on the Lycanroc. The little canine would be faster and hard to catch. Syah would have to keep them engaged in close combat. She attempted to strike with a DYNAMIC PUNCH from both sides in hopes of confusing her long enough to deal some damage.

HAKa0TCh

3/3 HP

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 10:41:34 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“You say that. But my actual name is Lasciel. Lash is just so much cooler, don’t you agree?” There was a good reason as to why she almost never went by her given name. Well, at least she thought so. While not necessarily resenting her parents for this one, she was not exactly fond of the name, either. It was a bit too difficult for most people to grasp correctly right away and sounded pretentious.

Lash though? That was short and snappy. Just as she currently was. And as she had been, when making that name her own. Same for Lyca.

Speaking of, that one tried to dart to the side, away from the bulked up punching thing. “Be thrifty,” she ordered her Lycanroc, which understood the basic idea. Namely, to Sand Attack the opposing Pokemon in the eyes, trying to make it miss and potentially do some damage in the process as it whirled up some of the earth of the arena into fine dust, blowing it in the other’s face.

Hp 3/3

Using Sand Attack

IyJoB9dZ
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 6:09:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 ”Lasciel~,” Eva tried the name out and gave it a little thought before shrugging her shoulders, “I think that’s a beautiful name,” it’s unique and fun, much better than Eva.

Syah’s attack came up short, which wasn’t surprising given the speed of her opponent. She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, turning to face the Lycanroc again that now rested on her left. Gritty, blinding sand rose to brush against her face, forcing her eyes shut. They erupted in tears, attempting to clear the sand but blurring the world around her. Syah can only swipe at where she thinks the Lycanroc is with a DRAGON HAMMER.

wRT2V01M

2/3 HP

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 11:49:32 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“I-I mean it isn’t all that bad when you say it like this,” she replied with a faint blush. It was unfair. Being complimented by a pretty woman like this when she was stuck at this age. Quite unfair indeed.

Ugh. She hated her condition more and more, really. “Most people butcher it though, especially when they only see it written. School was hell for that,” she further added. A bit careless to speak of school as something far in the past, but she did make careless mistakes like that when even a bit flustered.

Fighting though? That she took seriously still. Lyca tried to evade the blind flailing best it could, after all. “Try a Rock Slide at it,” Lash ordered and the dog complied, now kicking up sizable slices of rock to try and throw them at her opponent.

HP: 3/3
Using Rock Slide

Xco2hBrb
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:24:41 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Syah couldn't quite seem to get ahold of the Lycanroc between the teary blur of her vision. It was all quite frustrating, but so what the life of battle. Sometimes, it just didn’t go your way.

“That’s alright, Syah! Just focus, use your instincts!”

She didn’t need to see to find the Lycanroc. The shift in the earth as a ROCK SLIDE rained down triggered a defensive reaction. Syah rose her hands above her, attempting to stave off the ROCK SLIDE with a WIDE GUARD. But would it be enough?

moPeDbvh+20
(1/2 +20 consecutive rolls)

1/3 HP

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:40:26 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Using one’s instincts, huh? That was an odd way to describe mega-evolving a Pokemon, but Lash wouldn’t judge. She was still debating to try and get a mega stone from the prizes offered here. It was an interesting concept, certainly. Less spontaneous and explosive than a Z-Move, but for one more consistent. Plus, one did not have to strike a silly pose for it. That was always a plus.

Buuut in order to get to that point she had to win a few more matches first. Hence it was probably best to focus, especially when dear Eva used up her own ace there, creating a wide guard to protect itself from the rocks. “Lyca, bypass,” she ordered – and the Lycanroc understood. While the other was busy guarding against those rocks, Lyca would try to Accelerock it from the side at high speeds. It certainly was not too impressed by the even bulkier body-building Pokemon right then, though it was wary of the strength it promised.

“You seem like you are doing this often. How many tournaments of sorts have you been in so far?” No such thing as holding back questions during a battle, really. Lash most certainly was not trying to distract the other there. That would have just been lame.

Z-Move on standby
Using Accelerock

z7AWSt1O
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:48:31 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The Accelerock does what it’s supposed to do. The Machamp is unmatched against the Lycanroc’s speed and the distracted fighting-type is taken out by the speedy attack. Syah wobbles on her feet, disappearing into the pokeball Eva presented before she has a chance to fall to the ground, “Wow, great work! What an awesome team you two make!” Eva doesn’t seem too bothered by a loss.

“Not much,” Eva shrugged her shoulder while clipping the pokeball back to her belt, “I just do 'em for fun every now and then. I’m not much of a battler,” a little white lie. She has fought in too many wars to count, “Good luck with the rest of your battles! You two are gonna do great!”

With that last genuine compliment shared, Eva turned to leave and go heal the wounded Machamp.

0/3 HP
LOSS

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 23:10:49 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Heh. The bigger they were, the harder they fell. Or something like that. It did feel good to beat something big by being sneaky, at least in Lash’s opinion. Plus, she was being praised by someone who obviously had a lot of experience.

Because obviously, Lash was not going to buy that someone fielding a mega Machamp was not much of a battler. She’d believed that from someone running around with a little Machop, maybe, but that was something that took a lot of work to acquire and train right.

So, yeah, someone who wasn’t a battler would not have that. Hence, her response was a cool and dandy “Suuure,” but she accepted that this lady did not want to talk about this further. Instead, she wanted to get her Pokemon healed. Understandable. Still, Lash filed that one under people she would not mind to meet again.

Anyone complimenting her name genuinely was at least interesting.

Win
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 6:13:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: