part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
VCT: Eva vs. Kyle
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 20:11:23 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “I was wondering when I’d be seeing you here,” Eva’s wide grin was hard to miss. She was obviously excited to facing in a tournament battle. They didn’t get to do this much. In fact, they didn’t work much together but Eva would still consider the Champion one of her friends.

“Syah’s itching for a good battle! Ready to lose?”

The duo wouldn’t be holding anything back. She sent the Machamp out onto the battlefield with a dramatic wave of her arm.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 2:43:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'll try my best not to lose as bad," he'd respond with a lighthearted chuckle.

it's been a while since they have hung out, though it's mostly because kyle considers himself one of matias' closest friends and he figured it would be awkward not to keep his distance with eva.

their current interaction proves that he was just worrying too much. he supposed he should have trusted his judgement of the peacemaker more.

"but you really shouldn't be saying that in front of him." kyle picks up his poochyena. "look at how sad he is."

he barks with his tail wagging. he wasn't sad and moreso relieved from some weird sequence of events, sharing the same psyche as kyle through the syncing of pokemon and trainer thanks to the sygna suit.

kyle drops the poochyena on the ground and takes his spot. "anyways, let's have some fun."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 7:05:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s grin pulled down into an impressive frown. Why’d he have to do her like that?

She eyed the little Poochyena, trying hard not to feel empathetic to the little guy. It would be a mistake to underestimate any pokemon trained by the Champion, “Doesn’t look that sad to me,” the gambit may work a little on Eva, but it wouldn’t work on Syah.

“Losing is fun, yeah!” so is winning.

Syah took that as her cue to start the battle. The little pup would be hard to hit, that was for sure. After hyping herself up with a BULK UP, she lunged forward with CROSS CHOP.

4Z347qGB

3/3 HP

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:20:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the poochyena would indeed be difficult to hit.

a future sight from the pokemon allows it to swerve just in time to dodge the predicted strike.

despite having the foresight of the move happening, its body still wasn't fast enough to move out all the way. the delayed explosion from the future sight that happens just before the hit pushes the poochyena out.

"you alright, bud?" he'd ask his poochyena, who was getting back to its feet.

kilo barks in response.

bPy7eLck (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:19:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The impact of the Poochyena’s FUTURE SIGHT knocked Syah back as well, putting space between her and the little pup. She seemed a bit more sturdy, keeping her footing stable and weight balanced. The pup recovered from the blow as well, yipping happily to its trainer to indicate it was ready to keep going.

Syah wasted no time sweeping in again with an arching DRAGON HAMMER straight down at the Poochyena.

h|FKPqQK

3/3 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 2:30:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the machamp gives the poochyena no time to breathe as it swings its arms at the pokemon right after the previous exchange.

unable to see itself dodging in time, the poochyena steels itself for the hit and plants its feet on the ground. it lowers its head, and then leaps directly straight to the attack to deflect it with it.

a dragon hammer for a dragon hammer immediately takes place.

ZngC8aga (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 5:35:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The DRAGON HAMMERS clashed in a brilliant flash of purple draconic energy. The force of it pushed the Machamp back. She dug her heels into the ground, tensing her core and stopping herself from sliding too far out of the reach of the Poochyena.

Syah drew back, using mega evolution to power up her fist and launch a DYNAMIC PUNCH at her opponent.

yeeYHstw+20
(1/2 consecutive +20 rolls)

2/3 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 6:01:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the right play was to wait out the mega evolution, but against a machamp, kyle knows that it wouldn't be an option with what he has out in the field.

unable to see itself dodging in time, the poochyena steels itself for the hit and plants its feet on the ground. it lowers its head, and then leaps directly straight to the attack to deflect it with it.

"there's no way out of this, kilo. make the best out of your position."

the fighting-type's style in a battle offers no guard for both sides. there's only so much deflecting that kyle can do before his poochyena breaks.

the dark-type rushes to bite the machamp's ankles to play rough with it, bracing itself for the eventual hit from the other pokemon's attack.

V1iINctW (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 16:53:21 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The Poochyena was quite the little tank! Eva clapped her hands together, applauding both her own Champion and the Poochyena for their stellar match so far. She pumped a fist into the air, encouraging Syah to keep on pressing the attack.

Unfortunately, the bulky Fighting-type was no match for the fairy mischief of the Poochyena. Syah’s feet danced up and down like she was walking across hot coals, trying to avoid the PLAY ROUGH. Eventually, the attack tangled her up and the Mega Machamp came crashing down to the ground like a sack of bricks.

Now on the Poochyena’s level, she made a desperate grab at the dark-type from both sides with a CROSS CHOP.

VzFhCzeb+20
(2/2 consecutive +20 rolls)

1/3 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 4:20:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
avatars usually forego the use of sygna suits since it inhibits their connection with their patron, but eva was among the people who had used it multiple times to be familiar with its strengths.

he activates trainer move: physical shield as an additional precaution to the machamp's onslaught amid its mega evolution's time limit ending.

"i saved my trump card just for this moment," he playfully taunts in the midst of battle.

the poochyena wasn't built for long drawn out fights after all, especially against the machamp that a veteran of kanto's battles has personally trained. no need to hold back when he's going to be in his back foot if the fight goes longer.

the poochyena attempts to swerve the attack, launching a dragon hammer with a headbutt to the machamp's own head.

dQorGvsY (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 1:34:29 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Clever! We’ll see if it helps you at all,” Eva grit her teeth and focused her attention on the Machamp. She watched the pup and brute collide in a little explosion of physical attacks. They both seemed to come out unscathed.

“That’a girl!” Eva cheered, just happy the tired Machamp was still in the battle. Things were going to get a little more difficult now that her mega-evolution was running dry. Really, Eva could keep it up indefinitely but that would just be unfair.

Syah swept forward with a desperate DYNAMIC PUNCH to keep herself in the match.

6XnuKW3V

1/3 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 7:08:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
mega evolution might have ended, but it was still a machamp at the end of the day.

"you better make good use of it, kilo," he tells his poochyena. "we don't want to embarrass ourselves after i said that."

a bark is voiced as a response.

it doesn't slow the momentum of the fight down. as soon as the previous hit lands and another strike from the machamp threatens to knock it away with overwhelming force, it pounces up.

a body slam right on the machamp's face was its way to play rough with its target this time.

i08fJdWI (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 5:58:36 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Don’t give ‘em an inch, Syah, they’ll take a mile!” Eva grinned, a faux expression of confidence to boost her pokemon’s morale. She just had to hang in there a little bit longer. The fighting-type’s exhaustion was becoming more clear by the minute. It had turned out to be quite the battle.

What could have been a very cute cuddle session with a pup, was squashed by the throes of battle. Raising her fists, Syah struck out at the Poochyena smothering her face with a CROSS CHOP to knock it off.

4|vjH3HB

1/3 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 7:32:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
that was kyle's style in battle, after all: playing it defensive until there's a mistake to capitalize on. it's boring, but it's safe.

"they're going all," he relays to his poochyena. "just go loose. our usual thing isn't going to matter now."

eva did have the right response against a battler like kyle.

the poochyena gives it its all as well, charging at the machamp with a dragon hammer. there's no thought given in this one last attack, as a reckless attack is a gamble for a pokemon like his poochyena.

arNXATMY (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 23:28:30 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Syah exhaustion got the best of her, and the Poochyena’s DRAGON HAMMER struck full force across the fighting-type’s bruised body.

The bulky champion fell to the ground with a loud thud. Eva frowned, sighing as she returned the Machamp to her pokeball, “Nice work, Kyle!” the professor smiled genuinely, leaving them with a congratulatory salute before leaving to take Syah to the medical station.

0/3 HP
Syah faints!
Eva, the loser!