jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Caffeine & Hidden Things [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 23:06:13 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

Wrapping his hands around the hot cup of coffee, Jack shifted uncomfortably in his seat. The chair across the small table from him was still empty, though his eyes flickered to the door of the coffee shop each time a gust of cold wind brought in another customer.[break][break]

Though he was excited to see Nenet, he also dreaded her arrival. His happiness when she had responded to his text and agreed to meet up with him had quickly faded into anxiety at the prospect of the difficult conversation ahead. So many possibilities played out in his mind: her anger and sadness at the death of Bastiodon, the anticipation of learning the truth about Zev, the shared sadness if he had abandoned her too. 's disappearance had shattered his confident and easy-going demeanor, leaving behind a mess of uncertainty. That uncertainty seemed suffocating as he waited for his friend to arrive.[break][break]

Jack took a sip of his coffee, his stomach churning with acid as the bitter taste hit his tongue.[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

– Mission: Swept Under the Rug (DD)

[attr="class","jackpkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost"]--accent:#52D8D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
537 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 15:12:24 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

It was a pleasant surprise to receive a coffee date from Jack, one which Nenet had easily agreed to. When she entered the coffee shop however, the cold wind blowing in with her and the open door, she was met with a Jack who looked a touch haggard.

[break][break]
She herself wasn't exactly a spring chicken; with her occasional limp from the cold that she did her best to hide, a couple swathes of faded green were the only reminders of her time on the resurfaced island.

[break][break]
As she catches Jack's eye, she lifts her gloved hand in greeting before going to order her drink, and then takes a across from him at the table.

[break][break]
"Jack," she greets lowly, as if expecting to step on a landmine. "Is everything alright?" Perhaps this wasn't a friendly get-together after all.

NOTES

-
- Mission: Swept Under the Rug.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 3:05:36 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Anxiety churned in his stomach as he scrutinized Nenet's facial expressions and body language while she ordered her drink. It occurred to him that while he had reached out to Nenet and initiated this whole thing, he never had a plan on how he was actually going to approach it.[break][break]

"Nenet!" Jack greeted his friend, his mouth forming a smile that was authentic, if somewhat forced. But it was too late - she clearly sensed his discomfort even before she was fully seated.[break][break]

He decided to go the easy route first, if talking about a pokemon's death could be called easy. But at least that grief was mostly his, unlike bringing up whatever had happened with Zev.[break][break]

"Yeah, everything is alright, I think. Sorry to worry you," he was quick to apologize. "I wanted to catch up with you but I had some news that I didn't want to share over the phone."[break][break]

His stomach churned again and he regretting thinking that this would be the easy part. Instead he just rushed on before his emotions could get the better of him. "After you and I finished up in that cave on the resurfaced island off Dewford, I got assigned to patrol duties on the shoreline. I had some issues with Team Rocket and ended up in a scuffle with ." That too familiar rage when thinking of the woman surged in his chest and he gripped the thick ceramic coffee mug, using the pain from the hot surface of the cup to distract him from his anger.[break][break]

"We." He started again, "I." Jack felt his throat constrict at the memory of the battle and the violent collapse of the cavern they had occupied where he thought his life would end until his pokemon saved him. "Bastiodon ended up helping me escape but he didn't make it."[break][break]

Jack finished the news with a ragged inhale, fighting to keep from crying. He locked his gaze onto the surface of his coffee, unwilling to chance looking at Nenet when he was barely holding it together.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
537 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 17:19:42 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet's head tilts curiously to the side. News he didn't want to share over the phone? She wonders if someone has died. It turns out, instead of a person as she expected it was Jack's Bastiodon.
[break][break]
"Oh," Nenet murmurs in surprise, genuine sympathy touching her voice. Her Skeledirge had fast-befriended the Bastiodon and would surely miss the other Pokemon when he found out. "I'm sorry to hear that," is what she replies with. Her hand unwraps from around her coffee to reach out and lightly touch Jack's wrist.
[break][break]
"It sounds like he wanted to protect you and ultimately did." She gives a gentle squeeze to Jack's wrist before withdrawing her hand. She has a feeling this isn't all Jack wanted to speak with her about, however. Sipping at her coffee, the scent of sugar wafts from the cup.
[break][break]
The name Elisabeth Fiorelli dredged up a memory of some news article that the woman was a Rocket member. She wasn't in Nenet's field and thus the information wasn't something she stored readily to her memory. But if the woman was as high up in Rocket as Nenet thinks she is, Jack certainly had a fight on his hands.
[break][break]
"That island took it out of me too," she offers quietly in an effort to distract Jack. "I broke my arm and sprained my ankle and was otherwise beat to hell by someone from Rocket."

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 1:22:51 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Nenet's touch on his wrist was at once soothing and emotional. Jack took a steadying breath, nodding at her words. Feeling in control enough to make eye contact, Jack gave her a sad smile and said, "Thanks for letting me get that out. What you said helps a lot and I'm glad that we'll both have good memories of Bastiodon."[break][break]

His grief evaporated to rage again as Nenet shared her experience on the island. He couldn't imagine someone hurting his kind and thoughtful friend. Well, he could imagine one person - the masked Rocket who had tortured him on the island was just the sort of sadistic fuck who would do something like that and probably enjoy it. In the end, it wouldn't matter. "I'm sorry Nenet. I'll make them all pay," he said, pitching his voice low so that he would not be overhead by nearby patrons.[break][break]

He took another drink of his coffee, giving himself some time to put his thoughts together. He didn't know what to say next so he took the honest approach and hoped for the best.[break][break]

"That wasn't the only thing I wanted to talk with you about," he continued after a moment. "I haven't heard from Zev in awhile and I was getting concerned. When I went to Howling it was closed and his apartment looked empty." Jack didn't mention the mild breaking and entering that he and engaged in, hoping to spare her the painful details of how meticulously had erased the evidence of his existence.[break][break]

"I'm not sure if you've heard from him lately," Jack probed gently. He knew Nenet was probably hurting - Jack was hurting too. If he could get some closure for himself, some closure for Isaac, then this was the time. "But I wanted to make sure you were doing okay after whatever happened with him."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
537 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 14:49:28 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet hums softly at Jack's promise, and her own voice drops as she assures him, "There's no need, don't worry about it." Zev would handle it all once the offender was discovered, anyways.
[break][break]
Which, speak of the devil.
[break][break]
She arches a single eyebrow at the news Jack supplies about Zev up and leaving. With a little shrug, she answers levelly, "I didn't know the bar was closed. Or that his apartment was empty. I haven't spoken to him in a while, actually. We broke up a few weeks ago, you know?" There was no way for Jack to know that, but Nenet spoke it as if everyone surely knew that information.
[break][break]
To stave off a slew of questions Nenet adds, "I got bored with him and our long term goals didn't align. He took it well enough, said no hard feelings. I don't even think I have his number saved anymore."
[break][break]
"I'm surprised he's just gone, though."

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 2:19:56 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh. Nenet had broken up with him.[break][break]

Of all the things Jack had been mentally preparing himself for, this hadn't been one of them. He had been expecting to find another victim of Zev's abandonment but she was the one who had ended things.[break][break]

"I'm sorry to hear that. Breakups can be hard, even when it is for the best." It was Jack's turn to give Nenet's wrist a gentle squeeze.[break][break]

So many thoughts were running through his head. Had their break up caused Zev to pick up and disappear or was the timing just coincidence? Even if it was related, it seemed like an overreaction for someone as even-keeled as . But Zev had seemed pretty serious about Nenet when he had told Jack about his relationship back in the summer. What had changed?[break][break]

Now wasn't the time to prod his friend for more answers. Instead, he simply asked, "You doing okay?"[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
537 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:11:00 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet lightly pats Jack's hand as he touches her wrist, a faint smile spared for the man. "I'm alright," she assures him. "It wasn't exactly mutual but it's for the better."
[break][break]
"I really am fine."
[break][break]
Withdrawing lightly from Jack's touch, she sips at her drink for something to do. "But what about you," she prods lightly. "You were close with him too, weren't you?" As far as she knew Zev at least had a passing like of Jack - the two were friendly in Zev-related terms.
[break][break]
Nenet hadn't spared much thought for how Zev would disappear from his civilian life, only that she would tell anyone who asked they broke up.
[break][break]
"He was always a bit detached, I hope you don't take it too hard," she says sympathetically enough. Their friendship wasn't her concern, though she did like Jack. He was reliable when needed, even if they weren't especially close themselves. Maybe that would change with Zev's 'disappearance', though unfortunately Jack would only get burnt in the end if he ever found out the truth.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Swept Under the Rug.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 21:07:15 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

His gaze downcast into his mug, Jack took a drink of coffee while he organized his thoughts. He wanted to be honest with his friend but didn't want to burden her with his emotions either. And he still wasn't sure what to make of his little jaunt to Zev's apartment with Isaac.[break][break]

"Well, I thought I was close with him," Jack said as he fidgeted with his mug and saucer. "He was my best friend but I must have misread things."[break][break]

Jack found himself mentally making excuses for Zev's disappearance, but it was hard to rationalize the way the man's apartment had been completely and thoroughly cleaned or the way the bar had closed abruptly and without explanation. Ending their friendship so coldly had been intentional, and Jack needed to face that.[break][break]

"But hey, that's life, yeah?" Jack said, forcing himself to lift his eyes from the table. He lifted his coffee to Nenet and said, "Here's to carrying on."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
537 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 11:53:54 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet watched him closely, from his fidgeting hands, to his elusive gaze, until he finally looked her eyes. "That's life," she agrees softly, her hand reaching out.
[break][break]
"To carrying on," Nenet replies. She takes a sip of her own coffee while her free hand lightly touches Jack's again. She may not have been the most socially conscious person in the world, but Jack was clearly hurting.
[break][break]
The pair falls silent, each sipping their own mug, and the gentle murmur of the cafe imposes itself.

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 2:13:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: