kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
vct: ana vs kyle
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 2:56:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"another day, another match, right?"

it hasn't been a day yet for a lot of people, and most battles come consecutively rather than being scheduled in the most rigid manner ever. at this point, kyle is just grasping for words to do small talk with.

"i'm kyle by the way," he introduces himself. "this is kilo."

the poochyena beside him barks, introducing himself to its opponent.

with kyle's sygna suit matching the poochyena with its theme, it was apparent that the two are a pair in this tournament.

"hope we have some good fun today," he ends his introduction on the note.

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,321 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 12:19:24 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Ain’t it just,” she agreed, tugging at the wrists of her gloves. She’s also running out of things to say to people, before the fight really begins.
[break][break]
“Hi Kyle,” she lifts a hand. “You can call me Ana. And Hi, Kilo. You are very cute.”
[break][break]
Her Iron Valiant strides to the starting position and bows stiffly.
[break][break]
“Good fun is my middle name. Oh, and the big machine is named Rose.”
[break][break]
One mushroom shaped head plate rises ever so slightly, as though taking issue with being addressed as a big machine.
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 3/3 [break]
- iron valiant out --> Ultra Beasts and Paradox Pokémon receive a +20 modifier on rolls that are prime numbers.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".anavct"]--accent:#bd5551;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 18:38:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
pokemon coming from the interdream mist being accepted as normal partners in a fight was a welcome irony that kyle will accept. if the drk triad was to call hoenn the origin point, he supposed being friends with what they label as anomalies was bound to happen.

"rose is a fitting name for an iron valiant," he'd comment on the paradox pokemon's nickname. he turns to his poochyena. "you know what you do to roses, right?"

kyle did unironically mean his previous statement despite using it as part of pre-game banter.

the poochyena barks and starts rushing in. there's one thing it does with flowers in its trainer's garden, and it was to play rough with it. as soon as it travels the right distance, it pounces at the paradox pokemon.

ntZTQnYH (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,321 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 0:50:31 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Thanks!”
[break][break]
Fortunately for all parties involved, she had taken whatever the history was around gaining Rose as a partner and excised it from her mind completely. For all she knew, her memories were a vague, mushy haze, and then ah! Valiant!
[break][break]
“He pees on them?” she mused, before realizing that Kyle’s question was rhetorical; she needn’t wonder about the answer long, because Kilo was charging in, with the cutest puppy-dog pounce possible.
[break][break]
Rose met the charge with her double-bladed weapon in hand, the leaf blade swinging horizontally in an attempt to knock the puppy askance.

[break][break]
Jy5ldyJ5

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 3/3 [break]
- iron valiant uses leaf blade [break]
- iron valiant out --> Ultra Beasts and Paradox Pokémon receive a +20 modifier on rolls that are prime numbers. ROLL AMENDED TO 39.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".anavct b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 10:22:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"he does, but he also destroys the flowers in my garden," kyle would complain in front of his opponent. "i have other dogs that discipline him back, but he just keeps doing it."

it manages to land a hit: a headbutt against the paradox pokemon's head. its small size manages to barely help it dodge the previous attack, but the same gambit won't succeed twice.

it drops from the height of the jump, pivoting from its feet to turn and position for the next attack. another leap is made into a headbutt as the poochyena continues its onslaught of playing rough until the momentum drops.

the paradox pokemon will eventually have time to adjust. until then, the poochyena will keep doing what it wants.

jCvLEjm4 (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,321 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 17:16:55 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Huh. Wonder what he has against flowers.”
[break][break]
In another life, she, too, had many things against flowers.
[break][break]
The Poochyena’s head hits the Valiant’s just right and there’s a loud thunder-like crack. One jagged, dark mark opens over the green helmet the mech sports, quickly filling with sparkly, pink liquid, as a trickle of machine blood (energon. She’s been trying not to call it energon for, like, 62 posts, but she’s calling it energon, now) dribbles down her face.
[break][break]
The strike causes her inner targeting system to blip and glitch, barking out a belch of static as she draws her weapons in in a defensive maneuver, hoping to repel the again-charging pup with blasts of psycho cut.
[break][break]
“Maybe he’s allergic?” she jests.

[break][break]
_FssJke2

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 2/3 [break]
- iron valiant uses psycho cut [break]
- iron valiant out --> Ultra Beasts and Paradox Pokémon receive a +20 modifier on rolls that are prime numbers. ROLL AMENDED TO 39.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 7:01:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he shakes his head at ana's guess.

"he even eats the flowers," kyle tells her. "i don't even know why. it's not like i starve him."

it doesn't happen often, at least, mostly due to the fact that his other dogs stop him. on cases that kyle takes them for actual missions for the league, however, evidence remain.

the psycho cut, despite not being effective against the pokemon's typing, was effective at its purpose. it's the visual indication alone that scares the pokemon, deterring it from moving forward.

instead, it stops and keeps its distance, conjuring a future sight for a delayed attack.

51lpDTKL (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,321 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 16:27:37 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]

“Oh, well. Some things just crave chaos, I guess.”
[break][break]
The Poochyena and the Iron Valiant come to a brief, frozen stalemate. Rose tilts her head to the side, sensing… something.
[break][break]
And then she, too, conjures a future sight, resulting in a very boring turn for all parties involved.
[break][break]
"How many dogs do you have, Kyle?"

[break][break]
B|Eh2DPU

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 2/3 [break]
- iron valiant uses future sight [break]
- iron valiant out --> Ultra Beasts and Paradox Pokémon receive a +20 modifier on rolls that are prime numbers.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 18:35:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the exchange of weird stares is prolonged since the poochyena decides to add a wish on top of the previous attack, which manifests just now.

both delayed explosions occur at the pokemon having a staring contest. the poochyena yowls when it gets hit, but it's mostly exaggerated to get its trainer's attention away from finding faults about itself.

"a lot," he answers. "he's my latest project, though."

most of them grew up with standard k9 unit training as a nod to his day job before moonlighting as the league's champion. time constraints meant kyle can only give a few of them special attention, with kilo being one of them.

d6XSaikm (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,321 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 17:13:02 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]

An eerie silence falls over the battlefield.
[break][break]
Then, a series of explosions. The Poochyena cries out and is flung sideways in what looked like more of a jump than anything uncontrolled.
[break][break]
Unfortunately-- or in Kilo’s case, moved by good fortune-- his future sight/wish combination goes off inside the Iron Valiant. Steam rushes from between the seams and appendage junctions in the mech’s chassis; her LEDs flare bright pink for a beat, and then there’s a long, fading whirr as all her workings grind to a halt. She KOs still standing up.
[break][break]
“...wow. Wonder what all I have to fix there.”
[break][break]
The Valiant is recalled.
[break][break]
“Good fight, though! Thanks for it. Hopefully Kilo gets over his destroying your garden phase soon.”

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- iron valiant is defeated!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 3:03:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he could say they have the advantage with the unparalleled help of his sygna suit, but bringing it up at that moment wouldn't really help with the self-improvement she was trying to achieve.

"no problem," he tells her instead. "i enjoyed it too. i'll let you know if he stops if we meet again."

he picks up his poochyena, who was close to collapsing for forcing himself to keep up. perhaps it, too, was too hyped up from the fight due to the influence of his trainer through the sygna suit.

kyle waves ana a good bye before heading off to heal his pokemon.

Yh8wgJPz (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 0:32:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: