Yuina Higashi
VCT: Yuina vs Jack
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 17:35:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Gearing up for their next match, Yuina smoothed out the fur along Daikenki's broad neck as they waited around their next match field, it was still a couple of moments before they were going to be up next.[break]
Looking up to her partner as he stood tall in front of her, Yuina couldn't help the soft smile on her features as she stroked his blue fur. They were overcoming so much everyday together, and being able to have fun and do something like this together... Yuina was thankful.[break][break]
"Yoku dekimashita," she spoke softly, a short, but meaningful comment in their shared, dead language.[break]
"Our next match will be up shortly, let's keep doing our best," Yuina remarked, standing up straighter and glancing around for their next opponent.

notes[break]
VCT: Yuina vs Jack[break]
Gimmick Modifier: Terastal receives +15 modifier on every Even Numbered Roll[break]
HP: 3/3[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 0:49:20 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The belated realization of ‘only one Pokémon per contestant’ was starting to sink in, and boy was he screwed. If he’d known better, he’d have entered with Emm the Gardevoir instead!

However, there was no backing down now, so here he was… ready to slog through everything head-on with Cordy the Absol, who was literally raring for a chance to prove herself.

“Hey there,” he called out once he’d arrived (and his Absol had taken position on their side of the field).

“How’s your day been? You can call me Jack.”

There, nice and easy, to diffuse the tension.

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 17:04:20 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The match was about to start, and Yuina took her place on the other end of the field while her opponent introduced himself as Jack. Yuina smiled, motioning Daikenki forward, nodding at his kind greeting.[break]
"Hi Jack, it's good to meet you, I'm Yuina," she returned, a new face for her to recognize later now perhaps.[break]
"We're doing great today, this has been a lot of fun, I'm sure this will be another great match," Yuina smiled as she sent the Samurott forward to start things off.[break][break]
Daikenki barked as he rushed for the canine in question, getting ready to bear his blades, and as he unsheathed them they shimmered and splashed with water to start off with a Razor Shell.

[break][break]

o77yvxsY+15

notes[break]
Gimmick Modifier: Terastal receives +15 modifier on every Even Numbered Roll[break]
HP: 3/3[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 17:09:30 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
And all too soon, it was time for the match to begin!

The courtside bell rang a little too loudly on his side (oops, was he closer to the commentator’s box or something) and so therefore he was stunned for a few moments, before sticking a finger in his ear and waving her way—

His Absol had been sent on the defensive!

There was no time to use their preferred start-up set up move; so this was going to go a little crazier than expected.

“Go, Cordy! You’ve got this!” he began cheering his Absol on, who was snarling on the hackles as she bounded forward with a Psycho Cut attack coming from her horn!

(Of course, he was belatedly aware of type match-ups, and would realize something much later.)

4j5Mv9mw
+15 for even rolls!

+

[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 17:16:38 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Daikeni's blades met the horn of the canine that rushed towards him as they clashed in the middle of the battlefield, and the impact was enough to send the Samurott skidding back along the ground. He hadn't been expecting the ferocity in which the canine would take its charge, clearly his opponent wasn't playing around.[break]
He slashed his blades together, preparing himself with a Swords Dance and made for another charge, it was clear the two Pokemon were intended for a full on melee fight. Daikenki barked, leaping into the air, and moving swiftly to come down with his blades again, flourishing through an Aerial Ace.

[break][break]

XuS9M69R

notes[break]
HP: 2/3[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 18:42:28 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The next attack was too close to tell, however from the way his Absol recoiled—needless to say that was a direct hit, and boy did it sting!

“Be strong, girl!” he called out from his side of the field, watching as the Dark-type spun around on her heels and attempted to catch the other Pokémon off-guard with a sudden Sucker Punch, hoping for the best because holy cow that hurt!

“Never give up, Cordy! Let’s go!” he continued to cheer his companion on as the match continued…

U9PxX4o8
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [2 / 3]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:09:14 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Blades struck horn again as Daikenki's attack rang true, knocking the canine back a ways in the same way it had him. They were matching blows furiously, with strength that could not be denied on either side. It was truly an impressive match.[break]
The opponent reeled back, shaking out the damage it took, but was quick to take aim again and rush for Daikenki. The Samurott hissed from his fangs, and in one moment of open opportunity, he leaped into the shadows below to use Shadow Sneak, in hopes of gaining another vantage point. From the darkness, trying to put himself behind his opposer, Daikenki lunged from the depths and bared his blades, aiming for a Sacred Sword.

[break][break]

DmMttF2v+15

notes[break]
HP: 2/3[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:28:47 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
While Jack wasn’t too familiar with Shadow Sneak—his Absol was, realizing that the other Pokémon had sunk down into the—uh-oh!

“Hold your ground!” he called from his side of the arena—before belatedly realizing that the next move that was about to clobber her was going to hurt a lot if she was not to counter it at the exact moment it manifested—

“PARRY!” he couldn’t help himself but yell, raising his fist up in the air as the Absol then turned on a dime; hearing the swishing noise of the blades before attempting to catch the other Pokémon by surprise with a Night Slash attack!

This match was getting intense, if he could say so himself!

1DXqK7Dn
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [2 / 3]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 1:15:00 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The ensuing clash was spectacular, Daikenki's blades were held in his strike as the canine turned swiftly and caught his blow against its horn. The two were paused there in that moment, fighting over the tension, the power to see if the struggle would lean either way, until in their force Daikenki was thrust back along the ground.[break][break]
The Samurott was still far from through as he barked, baring his fangs, and ready and willing to match blows again rushed and lunged forward with waves of razor sharp water cascading through the air, lashing out with his Razor Shell swipes.

[break][break]

SFvcLmdT+15

notes[break]
HP: 1/3[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:14:05 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The next attack would come in swinging—and this time, it was much more painful than the earlier version of it—

“Ouch,” he cringed quietly as the Absol had gotten pummeled upside the face; because ouch that really did hurt a lot!

“Hang in there, Cordy!” he called out to her, clenching his fists in worry as she was quick to try and smack back with a surprise Sucker Punch attack.

Hopefully that worked, otherwise they would be in very hot water…

gxC3T|O2
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [1 / 3]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 19:20:16 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Every blow was met, every attack was matched, Daikenki and the canine were very evenly squared up against each other in strength and tenacity. Which was why it came down to the final blow, each Pokemon down to one point each, the final strike would determine everything.[break][break]
"Daikenki, one more strike," Yuina called, tapping the orb at her belt. They needed to make this hit count, they needed to put everything they could behind it, and as the Samurott was enveloped in crystalline blue energy, he moved to strike with powerful blades, meeting the canine in his Water Tera with a Razor Shell strike.

[break][break]

OepcXzOr

notes[break]
HP: 1/3[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 20:42:40 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
No, he knew Psycho Cut was going to be useless; because from the looks of things, this Samurott wasn’t… well, it wasn’t the Unovan kind that’s for sure!

He had to take quick mental notes while keeping an eye on the battle; his Absol not showing any fear on her face as she took the blows in stride—before lashing out with one final Night Slash

This would decide the entire match, this one final blow…!

fTzYpvlj
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [1 / 3]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 21:18:08 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The last strike fell, the two Pokemon met each other in a fierce blow, and as the dust settled, the equipment shown through to who was the winner. The match was called.[break]
Daikenki huffed behind his bared fangs, the battle was intense, the canine made a good opponent, and Yuina looked out to their opponent as the victor was called.[break][break]
"That was intense, thank you for the match! It was good to meet you Jack," Yuina thanked, patting the Samurott on his broad neck as the water type moved back towards her. The ferocity of the battle was waning down, they would definitely have to take some time at the Pokemon center after this one before they kept going.

notes[break]
HP: 0/3[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 21:35:29 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
His Absol was absolutely ready to tip over, but then the bell signifying the end of the match rang; and not only that the confetti started flying everywhere as he was proclaimed the winner of this round!

Wait—wha? Whoa.

“Thank you for the match! It was nerve-wracking to say the least,” he said her way; before remembering something else.

“Where did you find your Samurott, anyway? I don’t remember seeing anything from Unova looking like that,” he added.

First it was the Tauros that knew a Water-type move he’d encountered in his match with , and now it was this. What was going on with all these Pokémon variants, anyway?!

“Good match, too!” he added a few moments afterward as he waited for his Absol to approach so they could clear out the ring and go to their next battles.

+
+ Jack takes the hard-fought W!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 7:25:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: