Ashley Shepard
VCT: Ash vs. Illeana
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 5:08:01 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

Another match at dusk.[break][break]

The golden hour was at the ready, and Ashley, wobbling his way to the ring, worked his way there on the cane he had. His limp in his left leg was prominent now, likely forever a fixture he'd have to deal with. He should count himself more lucky.[break][break]

Still. This dockside battle was going to be good, and Law the Kubfu was ready for more challengers, helping Ashley stay upright best he could.[break][break]

At the arrival of his fighter, the silver haired man stared at silver hair. A familiar face. "Illeana, right?" His smile is small, fluffy, and sweet. "Have we met?" he asks, with a casual, quiet smile on his face, before holding his hand out for a shake. "Good luck today."

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, ACCOMPANYING TRACK: Light the Fire Up in the Night[break]
- GIMMICK: Gimmick-less, +10 to any 0-ending roll, +30 on 100.[break]
- HP: 3/3[break]
- Familiar person? Hrmm... As Ashley wobbles with a hand, his left leg still messed up, he recognizes Illeana... and asks her if they've met.[break]
- Hand shake! yeyeye

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 17:28:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes, that's me!"

her hand settles against his in a quick handshake - firm enough to be considered strong yet loose enough to be polite. the following smile is warm, professional at the edges.

"um, maybe? you do look a bit familiar! good luck to you as well."

as she retracts her hand back, her dynamax band glows a faint red against her wrist.

and as they take their places, she releases her partner for this tournament from its pokeball. the eevee that appears from the flash of light is small, fluffy, and seemingly harmless. its tail wags briefly as the scientist waits.

"whenever you're ready."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 4:39:08 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Dynamax, huh? Ashley can't help but chuckle quietly. The woman is familiar, beautiful in every way. He can feel himself red in the face, as he rubs the back of his neck. "Uh... cool. Glad I look familiar... just one of those faces, I guess."[break][break]

Better to just be a ghost than to be remembered right now. But as they take their spots, Ashley's jaw drops at the sudden expansion of brown fluffy Eevee.[break][break]

"Oh my fuck-" he mutters under his breath... when given the go ahead by Illeana.[break][break]

Taking in a deep breath, he nods, and turns to Law, giving Ashley a thumbs up. "Alright... go!"[break][break]

Law is quick to race forward, stomping into the ground with a crater and a FOCUS ENERGY, the Kubfu comes out the gate with the big one; CLOSE COMBAT. The flurry of blows intent to make the massive Eevee back down from the sheer force of will. If, he gets that far anyways.[break][break]

Z7|fgg0l

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 3/3[break]
- Realizing he's in trouble with a big Eevee, and sheepish at Illeana for being so familiar... Ashley says GO.[break]
- That Kubfu stomps the ground with a crater-y FOCUS ENERGY, before leaping forward with a CLOSE COMBAT.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 23:34:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a light laugh escapes as surprise overcomes ashley, as her eevee's colossal form towers above them in all its fluffy glory. for a moment, she feels lighter - more joyous than anxious in the face of a formidable fight.

"kinda fun, isn't it?"

whether she means the here and now or her eevee's gigantamax'd form, she doesn't elaborate and it is left up to interpretation.

close combat brings his kubfu close and her eevee can do little dodging in this form... so it merely lets the hits land. with the amount of fluff it now has on its body, the fighting blows don't hurt as much as they probably should.

and then, the eevee retaliates with a volley of sparkling swift. the stars rain down upon the kubfu and the rest of the field.

no5ZS4ex

hp: 4/4

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 3:35:13 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

The SWIFT star strikeback rained down over the field, the massive volley blasting downwards into the little bear, as he's flung outwards, tossed away and slamming into the ground with a tumble. Law skids to a halt, already feeling the draining defensive capability detrimental.[break][break]

"Guess so." he's smiling now, though it's not as full as he could be.[break][break]

The Kubfu takes the opportunity to run as fast as the little bear can, hopping side-to-side, and closing the distance, the loud screm of the bear roaring out as he charges and slams an IRON HEAD back into the giant Eevee.[break][break]

f36xs_Gc

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 2/3[break]
- Ash is starting to have fun again... absolutely enjoying Ille's company.[break]
- Law the Kubfu is hurt, but he's coming back. IRON HEAD, let's BOX.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 21:47:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she grins, though is it because of the thrill of a fight or his company? she can't quite tell in the thick of it all but no matter... they're having fun and that's what counts, isn't it?

iron head smashes into her eevee's chest and while most of its fur softens the blow, it still feels the sting of the move all the same. it has to take a moment to collect itself, to shake off the damage before countering.

and when it does, the gigantamax eevee fires off a round of shadow balls for it cannot utilize its quicker moves in this state. for now, all it can do is fire off at a distance.

AEMPgQ9_

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 3:41:13 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Nothing seems to be working, and the more energy Law puts out, the harder it gets to push through it. The moment that barrage of SHADOW BALLS slams into him, the Kubfu is already on the last leg, looking up at the goliath of an Eevee. The Kubfu's legs shake, and all Ash can do is close his eyes.[break][break]

"It's okay, buddy... do what you do best. Defense to the wind." Ash calls out with a soft boy smile.[break][break]

With a flash of his eyes, the Kubfu stomps the ground, and begins walking slowly forward, slamming his paws at rapid speed to a CLOSE COMBAT. Making as much damage as he possibly can in a short amount of time.[break][break]

Hopefully, he could turn it around.[break][break]

AQ1xJnf5

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 1/3 - CRITICAL[break]
- Those SHADOW BALLS leave Law drained, but Ash unrelents and tells him to go all out.[break]
- CLOSE COMBAT Jojo ORA ORA ORA ORA is a GO.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:47:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]close combat hits the giant eevee with such tenacity that the fluffy fox actually teeters a bit in place, seeing stars as its head fights to right itself once more.

"hit 'em back!"

and after a moment of regaining its footing, the gigantamax eevee raises a paw from the ground. it winds up, waiting until the kubfu is close enough before using quick attack to make its slap hit faster. the paw slams down and illeana observes from her side of the arena, wondering if the match is not quite finished yet.

af76NDYs

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 21:46:09 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Law can do this. David versus Goliath, lets fucking GO. Law sees the QUICK ATTACK coming, and is able to DETECT through it. It won't last forever, but as the little bear barrages more with another CLOSE COMBAT, its legs look weaker and weaker every second.[break][break]

The bear was quite literally on the last leg, and would do everything to stay in this ring. The tiny bear already seeing in double vision. Willpower keeps him going.[break][break]

LjUZ8YW9

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 1/3 - CRITICAL[break]
- It's working. He has to go harder, faster, stronger. Law DETECTs through the QUICK ATTACK![break]
- Lower defenses? Absolutely. More CLOSE COMBAT! The comeback is real?!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 0:31:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the gigantamax eevee strives to overcome the obstacle that close combat produces.

hit after hit lands against fluff - some stinging, some absorbed by too much fur.

and while it'd be easier to simply fire off swift over and over until the kubfu drops, eevee wants to go with a different method. the previous one had been detected, easy to avoid...

this quick attack slap, however, will not be as easy for the kubfu. the eevee's paw swings back and forth over and over until it smacks the kubfu away from its body and down toward the ground.

JIfeOw2g

hp: 3/4

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 1:10:03 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Law made one push. But no matter how hard he pushes, the Kubfu cannot handle to reach the heavens. The moment each paw fist comes out, he can feel himself buckling under his own damage. The Kubfu falling to a knee.[break][break]

One point left. He can't possibly lose. He'll prove himself, he'll take this QUICK ATTACK head-on. As he throws his paw-fists upwards, he can feel the energy leave him.[break][break]

The smack away and into the ground takes him so off guard, that without proper footing, the Kubfu is flung backwards. Sliding with friction burning on his paw pads, as he stands there, having taken the strike, and still standing.[break][break]

Unconscious.[break][break]

Ashley's eyes look out... and with a sigh, he moves forward to scoop up the Kubfu. This goliath was not a wall they could surpass. Not today.[break][break]

As he calls out, picking up Law like a baby, Ash smiles.[break][break]

"Good fight... I look forward to seeing you again."[break][break]

One day.

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 0/3 - DEFEAT[break]
- Law can do this, he can. But flung away, he passes out standing in fighting stance. That Kubfu is a fighter.[break]
- With that... as Ash goes to scoop him up, he chimes out to Ille that he looks forward to seeing her again. A pleasant meeting.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 22:25:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the end, she finds victory settling softly on her shoulders. her eevee emerges as the winner as ashley's kubfu falls unconscious in the dirt.

and after a moment, the red energy dissipates around the gigantamax eevee and she shrinks back down to her normal size with her tail slightly wagging. the scientist moves forward to scoop her eevee up and her attention turns, then, to her opponent and his calling. her smile mirrors his own.

"thank you for the good fight!"

her smile widens a little further.

"i hope to see you again sometime soon."

and with that, she departs to move on to the next battle of the day...

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 1:36:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: