March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Round Fifteen: Shalin vs. Andrea [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 9:09:27 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round fifteen. Pairings are up for round fifteen."

Scrolling through the tournament website's pairings list had become routine for Shalin, round after round. The lunch break wouldn't be for another two rounds after this one, and all these intense matches were making her hungry. She would have to grab something from a concession stand if she could get a moment in between rounds.

Taking her place at her assigned arena, she clicked her Poké Ball's switch, the Shiny Beedrill she was infamous for landing next to her. Queen Zing silently crawled toward the center of the court. "Long time, Andrea!" Shalin greeted the dragon master. "Been dodging Gym Leaders all tournament, but I guess my time is up. I don't have high expectations of winning, but I'll give it my all."

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 141}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 10:30:45 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
They'd made it to round fifteen already?! Time sure went by fast. Upon reaching the arena, Andrea and Chomper were met by a familiar face. "Oh hi, Shalin! Long time indeed!" The girl waved her sock puppet of a hand, opening and closing its mouth.

Her signature Hydreigon acknowledged Queen Zing with a guttural growl. Meanwhile, the dragon fanatic tried to give her opponent a few words of encouragement. "That's the spirit! Don't think about whether you can win or not. Just do your very best and try to have fun!"

Chomper's HP: 3/3

GIMMICK: Sygna Suit users receive a +10 modifier on every single roll they make.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 20:41:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was all she could do; Andrea was talented. While she only received very limited public funding due to being a Minor League Gym, she was just as scary as the rest of the Leaders in the field. Her Hydreigon showed it, too, the two Shiny green Pokémon ready to showcase different forms of brutality.

Shalin had seen Kokusho before. While that Hydreigon was a speed demon, he was among the slower of Mauville Leader Josh's dragons. That meant her Beedrill would likely have a big speed advantage against the dragon whose flight looked clumsy. Wasting no time, the blue-eyed wasp noisily buzzed toward the Hydreigon, raising her rear FELL STINGER at the last minute. If she could make the dragon's chest feel like it was on fire, she would perhaps disrupt the three heads' ability to coordinate with one another!

Y0ds6E1Y

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:03:44 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
That Beedrill was wicked fast, but Andrea's bond with her Hydreigon was nothing to scoff at. "Here she comes! Give it everything you've got, Chomper!"

The girl's JOLLINESS rubbed off on the Brutal Pokémon, who charged at the murder hornet with uncharacteristic speed for its species. Who's the clumsy flyer now?

"Fire Fang!" The young cosplayer exclaimed, as the dragon's jaws flared up. That move had served them well in this tournament, having very wide coverage.

yxiuDKYq +10

Chomper's HP: 3/3

GIMMICK: Sygna Suit users receive a +10 modifier on every single roll they make.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 6:44:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As expected from a Gym Leader. The Shiny Hydreigon matched Queen Zing's speed as his three sets of jaws clamped onto her tough carapace, trapping her. She had been in this situation before, not wanting to Mega Evolve Queen Zing for the safety of her opponent's Pokémon. Backed into a corner already, though, she had little choice. Raising her right middle and index fingers to pinch the KEY STONE of her MEGA CIRCLET, she and the wasp glowed a purple-pink color: the light of MEGA EVOLUTION.

Now boasting five dangerous stingers instead of three, as well as greater size and strength, the green, giant hornet really did seem murderous now. Locked in melee with the Hydreigon, the berserk Pokémon reached toward Chomper's belly in an attempt to pluck him with her FELL STINGER a second time, her wings vibrating with such ferocity that it may have made the ears of both the dragon and the two trainers ring as well.

r|skm8Zh+20

Mega 1/2

{WC: 162}
{PC: 2}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 10:09:41 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Mega Evolution should have been more telegraphed. Nobody brought a Beedrill into a serious competition without a Mega Stone. Still, the timing of it threw them for a loop.

"You're going Mega now?!" Andrea exclaimed while covering her ears, her partner getting stung by the queen's multiple stingers. "Not bad, but it'll take more than that to beat us, right Chomper?"

The green-scaled Hydreigon snarled in response. While the venomous stingers were still embedded in his round belly, he went for another Fire Fang.

aMhp9pH8 +10

Chomper's HP: 2/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 22:46:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Perhaps now that she had seen the Mega Evolution, Andrea would be able to notice the Mega Stone half-embedded at the end of the Beedrill's saddle. It was the main reason Shalin left the gear on the wasp for her matches.

Though Chomper's superheated chompers made the blue wasp's eyes flash brightly and erratically, a sign of great pain, the berserk hornet remained aggressive as ever. If one vibrating sting wasn't enough, then five surely would be. She flailed her remaining four stings about near Chomper's jaw, those searing incisors about to break through her armor at any moment if her flurry of POISON JABS didn't lock those jaws in place.

57vUVHIx+20

Mega 2/2

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 7:56:00 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Oh no! Chompeeer!" The Sygna Suited girl wailed in WORRY. Her partner looked worse for wear, having been stung multiple times and even poisoned. The latter was slightly offset by the gradual healing provided by the mutual flow of Infinity Energy.

Queen Zing was mush tougher than she looked. They could not afford to underestimate her. "Are you feeling better, Chomper?" The girl asked, receiving a three-headed nod as a response. "Alright, try to Fly above them!"

The Hydreigon did as instructed, however his body was still worn down by the poisoning, making his movement shakier.

h1LduCrj +10

Chomper's HP: 1/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 20:35:15 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
A lot of the queen's toughness was tied to her apex form. Her berserk state disappeared as the well of Infinity Energy ran dry, causing her to revert back to her smaller, three=pronged form.

Shakily raising her two foreleg stings as she struggled to fly coming down from the Infinity Energy high, she took aim at Chomper, ready to burst fire a TWINEEDLE volley once the Hydreigon committed to a dive. Surely the green dragon would be exhausted from the venom by now!

0WOuZt7N

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 20:54:45 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Beedrill had run out of Mega juice. This was their opportunity to turn this battle around. It was a BOLD move given Chomper's injuries, but they had to take a risk. The flying dragon came crashing down, and as he did, he Crunched down on his opponent.

"Pretty neat, huh? I'm calling this combo Skydiving Fang!" Andrea said with a cheeky smile. Truthfully, there was no reason to give this maneuver a fancy name other than style points.

qj4RwSnb +10

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 3:42:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Without the added protection of her Mega Evolved carapace, Chomper was able to chomp into Queen Zing's natural armor easily, sending internal juices squirting into the Hydreigon's three faces. The Beedrill's blue, compound eyes blinking, Shalin was amazed how Andrea and her special Pokémon battled. Was it the brink of defeat that fueled them?

Rather than trying to flail free, Queen Zing allowed Chomper to keep hold of her. She knew she didn't have much mobility left; instead, the well-trained wasp extended her rear FELL STINGER one more time. Not with great force for it to be felt immediately, but to pump enough burning venom into the dragon to get them to back down.

gv54oUO|

{WC: 115}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 10:01:43 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
They were SO back! The sight of Queen Zing being caught in Chomper's namesake chompers only increased Andrea's BOLDNESS. The momentary defense boost allowed the Hydreigon to fight off the venom currently coursing through his body for a little bit longer.

"Nice job, Chomper! Now Outrage!" The eccentric trainer exclaimed. With the wasp still firmly held in his jaws, the Brutal Pokémon ran head first into the ground, attempting to crush his opponent like the bug she was. His own skull(s) was thick enough to withstand the impact, even if it made him dizzy.

|W2w5lmi +10

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:02:06 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Chomper's anger was unlike anything Shalin had ever seen, in his peak form, Queen Zing's sting failed to pierce the green dragon's scales. A loud cracking noise prompted Shalin to withdraw her prized partner and wave the white flag.

"No wonder you're a Gym Leader, Andrea. Most of the people I've been losing to are Gym Leaders," Shalin noted aloud in the wake of the mighty menace's strength. "Maybe I should drop by your Gym and you can teach me a lesson sometime."

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:21:35 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
After the battle had been won, Chomper promptly collapsed on the ground, his body finally giving in to the venom. Andrea rushed to her partner's aid, administering an Antidote as quickly as she could. "You did great, Chomper. I'm proud of you!" She said softly.

It took her a second to notice that the other woman was showering her with praise. "Thanks, though I'm sure the other Gym Leaders are stronger. You're welcome to drop by my family's ranch in Fallarbor anytime you want!" The young cosplayer replied with a bright smile.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,349 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 1:55:05 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: