snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vct: noel vs illeana
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 19:45:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]huh… does she know him?

her eyes narrow slightly as if analyzing noel from across the arena’s field. something ablut him feels vaguely familiar, as if a face in passing at one point or another, though she doesn’t quite believe so.

”good luck - i’m excited to see what you’ve got!”

and really, she is, for the scientist does not typically get involved in these kinds of things. call it trying to turn over a new leaf, perhaps.

her eevee barks lightly, tail wagging, as it waits. the dynamax band on her wrist hums lightly but otherwise stays undisturbed for the moment.

”ready when you are.”

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 17:25:59 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The name Illeana caused Noel to reach far into the banks of his memory to figure out why the name was so familiar. He then suddenly remembered, she was a scientist for the League, while the specifics of her job were never given to him, he had for sure heard of her through his time learning about the higher-ups of the organization. And while the two may have brushed up on each other in passing, they had never officially met. [break][break]

"Likewise, I'm sure this will be a match to remember."[break][break]

With a tap of the Tera orb on his hip, a rush of energy begins to envelop his Shaymin which had already placed itself on the arena and now transformed into its Grass Tera.[break][break]

"I'll let you have the first move. Let's see what you can do!"

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 3/3

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 23:55:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"for sure!"

no matter the outcome, it'll be fun - of that, she's certain.

and as he opens the floor for her to start them off, she raises her wrist for her dynamax band to take center stage. the accessory begins to glow and before long, her eevee becomes a behemoth of fluff and cute brown eyes. it towers over them, large tail wagging slightly.

"here we go."

the gigantamax eevee fires off a couple of shadow balls to kick off the match with a small display of power, the swirling shadow orbs rushing down toward his shaymin and the floor of the arena.

cMOHNRmU

hp: 4/4

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 6:29:32 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The gigantic Eevee, while certainly cute, was much too big for almost anyone to normally handle. It was if a monster had leaped out of a movie and was now wrecking havoc in the city. And now it was Noel and his Shaymin's job to take care of it. The massive orbs were coming straight towards the little hedgehog and it prances about the arena in an attempt to dodge them. While most of its jumps were successful, one projectile luckily landed against the small Pokemon.[break][break]

"Heh, lucky hit. But this is just the start!"[break][break]

Recuperating from the attack, it would take aim and hold its head up high to look at the towering behemoth. Firing off Energy Balls of its own to combat the titan.

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 3/3[break][break]
Tera Gimmick: Activated[break][break]

x0cOKD|T+15

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 0:37:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flashes a quick grin.

"is it?"

something about the thrill of competition almost makes her come alive. there's a spark in her eyes, shining a little brighter with each turn they take.

each energy ball hits the eevee's fur and dissolves, leaving a small string of pain across the gigantamax eevee's body. she shakes it off after a moment, causing the arena to shake slightly beneath her feet. once she's recovered enough, she switches tactics and fires down the shimmering stars of swift instead.

"that all you got?"

1utIR6cb

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 16:41:01 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Some of the star projectiles are able to land decisively to their target. The Shaymin is pelted over and over again with an onslaught of attacks. It puts on a brave face, not wanting to cause worry for its trainer as it withstands the assault. Illeana seemed quite content with the way things were going, but now it was time for Noel and his Pokemon to take the stand.[break][break]

"Don't think you've won with that alone. There's still much more we can do!"[break][break]

Finding the courage to break through, the playful hedgehog begins to emit a green glow, powering itself up to take on the offense. A Seed Flare protrudes from its body, wavy projectiles that would dissipate the stars during its course and be aimed directly towards the Eevee's body.

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 1/3[break][break]
Tera Gimmick: Not Activated[break][break]

47dPoRdp

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:14:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]they got him on the ropes now, don't they?

she grins a little wider, as if this is unexpected and she's feeling the rush of surprise as the battle continues to unfold. in a way, she is for she had never expected to hold her own in this tournament - not against him or any other of their equally as formidable opponents.

"hit us with your best shot, then!"

the seed flare slams into her gigantamax eevee, overly bright and looking to disorient the eevee as she takes damage. the fluffy body, while adding additional defense, causes all speed to be lost. the eevee can only take attacks in this form now... no dodging is effective. no matter, though, for they can tank through these hits, can't they? eevee retaliates with a quick attack slap, slamming her paw down at the shaymin's location on the field.

DUfdZPf3

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 17:09:53 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

There was only one way to bring this match to their side of the table. That paw was coming down fast for a creature of its size and if nothing was done, that would spell the conclusion to this battle. Taking a stance down on the ground, the Shaymin would gaze up to the oncoming attack. It would be an impossible feat to drive off the move. Yet there was something they had up their sleeve for just the occasion. [break][break]

Gathering up the power of the sun, although weakened due to the ongoing cloudy weather that persisted in this tournament, the little hedgehog would try and take in as much energy as it could to even the odds. Once the time had come, the Shaymin opens its mouth and with a shout, lets loose a Solar Beam against the Eevee's paw, pushing it back ever so slightly until either Pokemon would give out first.[break][break]

"Come on Shaymin! I believe in you!"[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 1/3[break][break]
Tera Gimmick: Not Activated[break][break]

rn2bEzFD

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 18:18:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]surprise splashes across her features as the solar beam falters and her eevee's paw comes down to signal the shaymin's defeat.

they won? like, actually and with what looks like a clean sweep?

no way.

her eevee shrinks in size in a swirl of red energy and she scoops the fox up once its back to normal before approaching noel on the other side of the field. her smile is bright, warm.

"good fight - i'd love to do it again sometime!"

she offers out a hand for a handshake, then, before wishing him good luck in the remainder of his matches and heading off to her own.

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 17:01:14 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

While a loss certainly stung to the young trainer, the match was still very much fun and enjoyable all the same. He would use this as a learning experience against the new Dynamax phenomenon that he encountered so frequently in this tournament. He would even try and figure out how to acquire this power for his own. Something like that would surely give him an edge in the battles to come. Returning his Shaymin back to its Pokeball, he would smile, first at his tired companion, then to the victor of today's match.[break][break]

"I'd love to go up against you another time as well. Next time will be much different, that I promise."[break][break]

He returns the handshake and bids farewell to Illeana, whether they would meet again was up to fate to decide. For now, he hoped all her matches were as fruitful as theirs and that he could turn the tide the next time they faced one another.

[attr="class","notes"]Defeated!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 4:43:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: