TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
VCT: Ash vs Shred
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 3:06:03 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

It's been one hell of a tournament so far, and though Ashley has done his best to keep his head low and out of trouble from his position, he knows that the tournament means he'll be challenged. Always.[break][break]

"Hey." he waves towards each one, wearing a little harness on his chest to carry his tiny Kubfu who enjoys the walks. That way, he can use his cane to make sure his left leg is okay. He walks with a bit of a limp these days, but it's fine. See the place, get out of the apartment, and enjoy a little Pokemon battling.[break][break]

He's just babysitting today.[break][break]

Hopefully no one recognizes him. But if nothing else, he's in a crowd. No Rocket would be foolish enough to come at him in public and mess up their rep. Not in a tourney like this.[break][break]

That's what Ash is betting on, as he waves to the next person in particular. "Want to battle?" It was a big open street, all at the ready...

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, ACCOMPANYING TRACK: It's Going Down Now[break]
- GIMMICK: N/A, +10 to any 0-ending roll, +30 on 100.[break]
- HP: 3/3[break]
- Street fighting, goes a little somethin like this. Goes out, enjoys talking to people, wearing a harness for Law.[break]
- Challenges Shred to a battle, let's GO.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 10:14:53 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Really, this whole tournament is a gigantic exercise in picking your battles. As much as you cherish Meltan, he's not much of a fighter, especially compared to some of the Pokemon you've seen out there. If you had a Pokedollar for every Charizard and Blaziken you've had to dodge since today started... Well, your wallet would be heavier, to say the least.

But this guy, though? He's just got a Kubfu, and while you're no expert in these things, you're pretty sure that a Meltan and a Kubfu are just about equal. In other words, this has got to be the closest thing to a fair fight you'll ever get. So, best not to let it go to waste, yeah?

"Yeah, sure." You reply, a crooked grin spreading across your face as Meltan hops off your shoulder and strides up to take its place on the battlefield. "But I won't go easy on you, so I hope you're ready to lose, bud!"

"hello mr bear ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ lets have ourselves a good clean fight!"

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 3:48:37 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Cool guy at least. Weird little metal thing too, but as the Meltan takes place on the battlefield, the Kubfu smiles, and waves at them, before getting into stance. That's right, gotta be in the zone. In the mindset. The Kubfu wasn't going to go down easy.[break][break]

"Glad to hear." He tries to fire back a smile. "But we'll see about that, guy."[break][break]

The moment the battle begins, a smash down with a foot with FOCUS ENERGY, and a jump forward, the Kubfu attempts a twofold strike. Any attack given to him, DETECT to avoid the strike altogether, before returning in kind with an IRON HEAD. If all went well, the Kubfu's movement would be faster, and appear behind the Meltan before the smash of his head into the head.[break][break]

Wj9j5FtD

[break][break]

NOTES

- With the battle to come, the Kubfu waves to the Meltan, as the battle comes to its start.[break]
- With a quick FOCUS ENERGY, Law jumps closer, attempting to tank any attack via DETECT before delivering an IRON HEAD to Meltan!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:17:33 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The Kubfu proceeds to perform about a dozen different moves all at the same time, focusing its energy and detecting and heading ironly and whatnot. Meltan can barely keep up with all poses and stances and feints, his eye desperately trying to follow the movements, only to make himself dizzy in the process. In the end, all he can do is muster a Headbutt in response, but it's too little and too late to win this clash of skulls.

"gweh!!!"

Meltan is sent tumbling back, clutching his nut-shaped noggin. However, he's not going to give up that easily, no. With distance between him and his opponent, he takes this time to prepare with Acid Armor, melting and resculpting and hardening his body to be more resilient.

It's off to a rough start, but this is nowhere close to over. This next round? You have a feeling it'll go your way.

Gimmick, TERA; +15 on Even Rolls.
c8ntpZOW
Meltan LOSES. 2/3 HP Remaining.
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 21:56:05 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Law was overwhelming the tiny little liquid metal, and as they come in for the clash of skulls, the Kubfu swears he's able to get the upset here. Nothing but pressing this advantage, as the Meltan tumbles back, even upon their use of ACID ARMOR, the cub fires back with a triple set of kicks, utilizing AERIAL ACE to nail each one![break][break]

Gotta press that advantage! And as Ash smiles quietly, Law can be seen smirking. He liked this metal guy![break][break]

KP8pmJfg

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pressing that advantage, AERIAL ACE triple kicking to keep the Meltan pushed back!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 23:32:36 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Meltan barely even has time to reinforce himself before the Kubfu rushes forth to deliver another series of blows. Sure, the blob might be more durable, but it ultimately means nothing in the face of a faster, stronger opponent. If he's going to have any chance of winning, he's going to have to slow down the Kubfu before things can spiral much further out of control.

"Meltan! Paralyse him!"

"ok!" The Hex Nut declares, allowing static electricity to build up in his body as the bear rushes forth. "(/・・)ノくくく meltan stu--"

But before he can release his Thunder Wave, the trio of Aerial Aces connect, and once again, Meltan is sent tumbling backwards.

Uh oh.

URJZeWz2
Meltan LOSES again. 1/3 HP remaining.
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 0:43:56 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Ashley kind of reels back. Ash just watches that Meltan attempt the THUNDER WAVE, but the Kubfu spins in place to get that triple set of AERIAL ACEs off. Honestly, he kind of felt bad. But with a fist out, Ashley smiles.[break][break]

"Hey, Law, go easy on hi-"[break][break]

IRON HEAD. Just, point blank, right on the nut head. Ashley's face covered in sweat.[break][break]

Geez, dude.[break][break]

OBBwm8hG

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley tells little Law to go easier, but Law just takes the opportunity and runs with it with another IRON HEAD!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 0:55:45 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
You grit your teeth. The situation in front of you seems hopeless: The Kubfu's assault is relentless, a neverending series of brutal blows that show no signs of slowing down. Poor Meltan just can't keep up, and after eating four powerful attacks in a row, its clear that he's on the ropes. All it'll take is one more good clean hit, and it's curtains for him.

But you're not throwing in the towel just yet. No, things may look dire, but you've got an ace up your sleeve. As the Kubfu readies its finishing blow, you pull the Tera Orb out of your pocket, allowing terastal energy to gather within it for only a moment, before throwing it as hard as you can.

"MELTAN! HIT HIM WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT!"

As the orb touches Meltan, all of the gathered energy is released at once, and the Hex Nut shines red as a crystalline pattern spreads across his body. Now empowered with the might of Tera Fighting, your partner finds his much needed second wind, and as he stares down the incoming Iron Head, his eye shines with determination. In the split second before the Iron Head can hit, Meltan releases a devastating Tera Blast.

"ジェイ絵ジェ (MELTAN KICK)"

Wwj7kJzZ
Meltan WINS. 1/3 HP remaining.
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 4:13:37 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Law is sent flying backwards, the TERA BLAST smacking right into the bear, who is less than prepared for the attack in whole. But, even as he spins, he cartwheels in the air, and stomps on the ground to get his traction, the friction burning his paw pads.[break][break]

The Kubfu grins. And back forward, jumping into action, the Kubfu does not prepare an attack. "Take'em where you wanna take'em!" The bear nods, holding his paws out.[break][break]

And then, right in front of the Meltan, he baits with a COUNTER.[break][break]

ZqxjFWlf

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 2/3[break]
- Not expecting the TERA BLAST, Law is sent backwards, but immediately keeps the pressure on, intent to COUNTER whatever the little liquid metal man's got!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 6:50:03 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Meltan is quick to seize his perceived advantage, rushing forward to follow up on its Tera Blast with another. In the process, it ends up falling right into Kubfu's trap. It launches forth another Tera Blast that hits the bear head-on, and in doing so, exposes itself to a Counter.

CRACK!

Even having shed his Steel weakness, Meltan is still only a Meltan, and his supply of strength has run out. Thus, after stumbling for a moment, he proceeds to crumple to the ground. The Hex Nut can fight no longer.

Meltan has lost, and Kubfu has won.

"Damn."

YCR|2mKL
Meltan LOSES. 0/3 HP Remaining.
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 21:20:36 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

That Meltan came back, and given the chance to push forward, that little metal man would have absolutely caused more problems. But Law was able to knock it back with the COUNTER. But now... as soon as the Meltan can no longer fight?[break][break]

Law holds a paw out to the little metal guy. The bear smiles. He was happy to fight such a good opponent.[break][break]

"Good fight, man. Really." Ash responds, hands in his pockets, as he takes a step forward, and pats Law's head, the little Kubfu blushing ear-to-ear with a comfy smile.[break][break]

"Look forward to round 2, one of these days."

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 2/3 - VICTORY[break]
- As Law finishes the Meltan, he holds a paw out to help him up, as Ashley thanks Shred for the fight. He looks forward to the rematch.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:20:22 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Yeah, one of these days."

Well, this is a really rough start, isn't it? Two matches in, and you've already got back to back losses on your record. That's a zero percent winrate, which somehow makes it sound even more bleak than it already is.

But hey, you're all warmed up now. You've gotten used to the tournament format, gotten used to battling with Meltan, and now you're ready to fight with all you've got. Now that you've kicked into gears, things'll start going your way and you'll start racking up wins. You think. You hope. Arceus, please, let things get better.

But hey, you've lingered long enough. Time to go find that next match you'll definitely win.

"Later."

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:46:17 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: