awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nereus
Nereus Onassis
The Ogre and The Superstar [S/Jade]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 20:37:31 GMT
Nereus Onassis Avatar

On a slightly warm late afternoon in Slateport, Nereus was in a sophisticated seaside restaurant waiting for his company for dinner. The businessman, owner of a cruise company abroad, was contacted by his team because there was an artist interested in the proposal for the cruise's traditional maritime event: a celebration for the Lunar New Year.

Through the company's website, artists from all over the world can follow the entire planning and respective dates for events on the high seas. Unfortunately, for them, on the last day the main attraction has been the same for over five years, however, the company always opens spaces for other shows throughout the week. There are seven days of celebration for customers on a route that leaves from Castelia City in Unova, to the typical and oriental Malie City in Alola. This year of the dragon promises great emotions!

"Mr. Onassis, your company is already on its way. Would you like to place an order now?" the waiter politely warned the businessman.

"Nah. I'll wait for him. Thanks." he replied without much refinement, he is a man who values sophistication, but does not act like one. ".. hm-- wait! You have this one..." he pointed to the menu "the aphrodisiac... with tentacles and shells or something..."

"ugh... O-- of course Mr. Onassis."

"Perfect! They're my favorites HAHAH."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
117 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 17:04:30 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg1"]

[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS

[attr="class","setting"]

Performing on a cruise ship would be a new experience for him. A good experience. It would help get his name out there, beyond Hoenn's borders. That is, if the captain approved. Apparently, he had to meet with the captain of the ship first before his performing was agreed upon. Something that was to be expected.
[break][break]
It was warmer than expected, so the sleeves of the blue pinstripe dress shirt he had chosen to wear were rolled up, probably to help deal with the heat. His other clothing choices consisted of a pair of black slacks. Though he could probably dress more appropriately for the warmer weather, having grown up the way he had, he tended to dress to impress.
[break][break]
Before reaching the restaurant, he had called to let them know he was nearby. It was polite to allow your host to know when to expect you, even if he technically wasn't going to meet at the older male's house and was going to meet him at a restaurant. When it came to manners, there really wasn't much difference.
[break][break]
Upon reaching the restaurant, he was directed to his partner's table. "Hello, I do hope I didn't keep you waiting too long," he said once he had reached the table. While he waited for the older male to speak, his attention would drift momentarily to the waiter, where he would politely incline his head.
[break][break]
Once he had done that, he would redirect his attention back to the older man. "Anyway, my name's Jade Rivers, but please call me Jade. I'm not really one for formalities," he said, holding his hand out for a handshake.
[break][break]
That, and Mr. Rivers was his dad. And he really didn't want to spend the meal feeling like he needed to be looking over his shoulder for his father.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative; --accent:#5accd0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/vm5txnzG/IMG-1564.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg1 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Baal

He, Him
September 28
Humilau City, Unova
Homosexual
Cruise Line Owner
Civilian
Single
1,95m | 6'4'' height
1,95m | 6'4'' height
⚓ Make sail! Golden Treasure ship ⚓
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nereus
Nereus Onassis
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 22:45:44 GMT
Nereus Onassis Avatar

"No problem, buddy." he received the young artist without ceremony or sophistication. The huge man got up from his seat and welcomed his company not only with a handshake, but also with an unexpected hug. "Ah come here! It's a pleasure, Jade. Call me Nereus, no formalities here hm"

A real bear hug, if Jade allowed it.

The man's gruff voice, although surprisingly elegant, attracted the attention of the other customers there. Nereus had good manners, but he didn't use them often. His rustic manner was always his trademark and was perhaps an asset for business. Anyway, after settling down he directed the conversation towards a more serious path, after all talking about business is always an area where he remains more restrained, even if a little naughty.

"So... you want to sing in my precious Golden Treasure, hm?" he spoke with a smile on his face and raising a glass of cold water to wet his throat afterwards. "You know... the competition is very big. My company may not be the most famous in the world or the biggest, but we have a name to uphold. That's why we only hire the best." Nereus, after drinking a sip of water, shot a penetrating look at his interviewee.

"Do you think you're one of the best?" He smiled.

Let's face it, this succession of intimidating questions is not something you expect in a "job interview", but that was Nereus' negotiating style. He may be a laid-back and slightly grotesque man, but he knows how to act with wit and pressure at the right moments. Deep down he knows that his attitude could end up causing him to miss a possible excellent opportunity. Who knows...

Notes: Golden Treasure is the name of the ship. And... Omg feel free to order something bc I forgot xD

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
117 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 7:32:42 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He was relieved that the older male wasn't upset with him and shook the older man's hand. What he wasn't expecting was the hug. Having not expected the hug, he stiffened in surprise before relaxing. Physical contact was still not something he was really used to. His father had never raised a hand against him, but he had never been the type to show affection, instead having been cold towards his son and often belittling him.
[break][break]
"Pleasure to meet you, Nereus," his tone fairly polite, almost bordering on formal, despite his earlier words of not caring much for formalities. It wasn't intentional, though, more of a habit than anything else.
[break][break]
Only then did he step away, as if suddenly remembering they were two grown men hugging in a restaurant. Or perhaps it had just taken that long to recover his composure. One could never actually tell when it came to Jade.
[break][break]
Ignoring the onlookers, he sat down. Hopefully, none of them were his fans and wouldn't bother them. Though he didn't think any of them were.
[break][break]
As he waited for the older male to start with some kind of question, he looked over the menu. Though it didn't take him long to realize he was out of his depth. His father had never been one for seafood. But him being the rebellious person he found he had always been a bit curious about it. Even so, he thought maybe a bit of help ordering would be helpful.
[break][break]
Before he could think too much on it, the older male spoke. He immediately put the menu down, giving Nereus his undivided attention as he considered just how to answer his inquiry.
[break][break]
"I would like to, yes. I haven't been an idol long, but it's more the reason to get my name more out there, for people beyond Hoenn to know of me if they don't already," he said before nodding along with what he said next. That was understandable. After all, he wouldn't want to bring the reputation of his own business down.
[break][break]
As he inquired whether or not he thought of himself as one of the best, he couldn't help but be faintly amused. "I would like to think so. After all, not everyone can claim they got a leg up from ."
[break][break]
Others might be a bit rattled by the questions, but he wasn't. It helped that his father had prepared him for what it would be like at a job interview, even if it pained him to admit it.
[break][break]
Speaking of his father, that reminded him of the fact they hadn't ordered anything. It was something they should rectify, so before they could get too far into the interview, he decided to ask a question of his own.
[break][break]
"Is there anything you would recommend?" he inquired, gesturing towards the menu, as if to elaborate on what he was talking about.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative; --accent:#5accd0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/vm5txnzG/IMG-1564.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Baal

He, Him
September 28
Humilau City, Unova
Homosexual
Cruise Line Owner
Civilian
Single
1,95m | 6'4'' height
1,95m | 6'4'' height
⚓ Make sail! Golden Treasure ship ⚓
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nereus
Nereus Onassis
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 23:08:13 GMT
Nereus Onassis Avatar

Nereus could see truth and disposition in the young idol's words. It was even enough for him to break his firm posture and become more relaxed. In that aspect... yes, Jade seemed to be one of the best.

"I'm glad I heard that, buddy. Above all, it's very important to have confidence in what we do. That's what makes us the best!"

Now he was acting like he was some kind of ancient sage or something. For a moment he remained silent, patient and listening to the boy, then he was surprised by his attitude for remembering the restaurant's order. The old man was so excited that he forgot they were in a food setting.

"Oh of course! I really like aphrodisiacs, but I don't think it's appropriate. So, feel free to order whatever you want!" he hesitated for a moment, but could not resist the typical charms of his homeland. "You know what? I'm going to order one of those oyster potions! They remind me of home."

Speaking of his homeland, Nereus continued the conversation by asking Jade if he had ever been to Unova or Alola or if he already knew some of the traditions there.

Notes: I really sorry for the delay ;-;

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
117 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 6:50:59 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"I completely agree, but not too much. Arrogance can be unbecoming. I try to have the perfect amount of confidence in what I do without being arrogant," he told the older male. He had met plenty of people like that, people who could probably stand to be knocked down a peg or two. It was one thing to be confident, but it was another thing entirely for someone to be overconfident.
[break][break]
As he mentioned one of the things he enjoyed eating, he couldn't help but be surprised. He never would have expected something like that from the older male. Not that he knew Nereus that well.
[break][break]
"Yeah, let's not do that," he agreed, a note of amusement in his tone.
[break][break]
Hmmm... but that begged the question of what to order. He could always go for something simple, he supposed.
[break][break]
Before he could think too much about it, the older male spoke up once more. Oysters didn't sound too bad. It wasn't something he had tried before, so if he did get it, it would be something new.
[break][break]
"I think that's what I'll get as well. The adventurous side of me that wants to try new things is curious."
[break][break]
After it seemed like they had made up their minds about what they wanted, Nereus asked him whether he had been to Unova or Alola. Unfortunately, that wasn't a simple yes or no question.
[break][break]
Also, it was a bit hard to answer. The simple answer would be yes, he had been to both. The hard part came when asked about traditions.
[break][break]
It was all about how much to divulge.
[break][break]
He supposed being a little honest wouldn't hurt.
[break][break]
"I've been to both," he began, choosing his words carefully. "However, I was not in a good headspace at the time, so I couldn't really tell you about traditions."
[break][break]
Talking about his past wasn't something he enjoyed.
[break][break]
His father had been a cold, hard-to-please man, something that had taken a toll on him for a while there.
[break][break]
It was people he had met on his travels that had helped him heal, showed him he was actually worth something. But it hadn't been like that at the beginning of his travels.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + it’s okay

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights