snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vct: luka vs illeana
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 0:07:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]if the scientist harbors any remnants of resentment toward the woman before her, she doesn't show it. instead, only a warm smile is put on display.

"it's been a while, hasn't it?"

they haven't seen each other in what feels like ages, though illeana has been chasing distortions and she suspects luka, herself, has been just as busy. and yet, it feels like just yesterday they were hunched over an old dusty book in the league's library, discussing sinnohian mythology.

"i hope you've been well, luka."

and really, she means it.

in front of the scientist, her eevee barks with excitement and a happy tail wag. almost self-consciously, she fiddles with the dynamax band fastened to her wrist.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 7:29:22 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Mmhm! Way, waaay too long."[break][break]

Luka had always been happily oblivious to the resentment Illeana held against her. She had felt the wall between them, and had wondered about it's origins, but had never felt it appropriate to pry.[break][break]

But it seems to have eroded away, bit by bit. She meets the offered smile with one of her own, warm as sunlight and twice as bright. It's very cheering to think that they might actually get along.[break][break]

"I have! I've been, um...busy. You know how it is, I'm sure. Maybe, um...i-if it's not too much trouble, maybe I'll stop by the lab sometime?"[break][break]

Her smile this time is a little more hesitant, but there's a girlish sort of hope behind it.[break][break]

While they exchange pleasantries, her Sylveon returns the bark with a soft yip of her own, and wiggles her ribbons in greeting. "I didn't realize you battled," Luka says, which is silly to assume. "Your Eevee is sooo cute!"[break][break]

Sugar looks up at her, clearly affronted. "Don't worry," she whispers, "You were cuter, I promise!"

[break][break]
♥ ♥ ♥[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 2:09:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile widens with acceptance.

"yeah, absolutely! whenever you're free, come on by."

lord knows her days in the lab are long and boring without any visits... she'd actually beg someone to spend time with her while she works if she really had to. and while they've had their tense moments, she believes luka to be welcome company all the same.

she flushes a slight pink at the concept, though it's not an entirely inaccurate remark.

"i'm not, though i guess this is my way of trying to be better at it?"

her eevee seems to preen beneath luka's compliment, puffing out its chest a little further and wagging its tail all excitedly.

"your sylveon's adorable too!"

but being cute will not prevent either of them from needing to start the match... and illeana takes it upon herself to make the first move. her eevee plants its paws firmly into the arena's ground and it fires off two or three shadow balls at luka's sylveon from across the arena. her dynamax band sits and waits quietly on her wrist for its moment of use.

n0|HLvAs

hp: 4/4

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 8:12:03 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"I will, then. It's a promise!"[break][break]

Frankly, she probably needs the company as much as Illeana does. This little competition has helped break her out of her self imposed isolation, but one day isn't enough. She's lonely— she wants friends. Real friends, not just coworkers or acquaintances, which is all she seems able to hold onto these days.[break][break]

"Ah-" It's only seeing the other woman's flush that she realizes her words could be taken as an insult. "Sorry, sorry! I mean, I'm not much of a battler either. This is definitely good practice for us..."[break][break]

Her smile is apologetic, though she gets the impression there's no hard feelings. Thank goodness! Her Sylveon huffs a little as she steps up though, clearly taking umbrage with her trainer's assessment. Luka might not have much faith in herself, but Sugar is far more self-assured.[break][break]

She sprints onto the field as soon as the first volley of attacks are fired. One shadow ball is ducked under, but the second manages to graze her side. With a yip of surprise she stumbles, but uses her ribbons to keep her balance. When the third shadow ball speeds towards her she launches her own dazzling gleam in retaliation, trying to blast the attack away with one of her own.

[break][break]
♥ ♥ ♥[break]mpEPtiAn + 10 from sygna suit[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 20:38:33 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"oh, no it's okay!"

besides, luka had been right - she isn't a battler. there's no use trying to refute such a concrete concept.

and in the end, this becomes a practice battle of the eeveelutions. her eevee tries to dodge as dazzling gleam knocks one of her own shadow balls back at her. the dark swirling ball clips her side as she darts out of the way and without hesitation, illeana flicks her wrist to activate the dynamax band. red energy glows from the accessory and swirls around her eevee as she grows bigger and bigger.

now in gigantamax form, the eevee takes the opportunity to begin sending down volleys of swift at sugar in a shimmering display of big stars.

XpkMWjcC

hp: 3/4

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 0:59:05 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The fact that they’re both still novices makes Luka feel a bit better. There’s less pressure, and she doesn’t feel that Illeana will judge her if they do a poor job. Of course, this doesn’t mean that they can let their guard down! [break][break]

For as it turns out, Illeana has a few tricks up her sleeve. Sugar looks up in surprise as the Eevee gets bigger and bigger, becoming a beheamoth that completely dwarfs her. It’s slightly intimidating, but she manages to shake it off as she tries to avoid the enormous stars that come rushing towards her. [break][break]

As is the nature of the move, one inevitably hits her. Sugar mewls her displeasure as she’s knocked back into the air, ribbons flailing as she tries to catch herself. But instead, they wrap around something else. She catches one of the swift stars in midair, and manages to pull herself on top of it instead of falling to the ground. [break][break]

Riding the star like Kirby, she punches back with a powerful springtide storm. A tornado of swirling pink petals comes at the Eevee full force— against an opponent this big, they have to pull out all the stops!

[break][break]
♥ ♥ ♥[break]fWOkD|Fg + 10 from sygna suit[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 3:55:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the beauty of springtide storm is almost distracting as it hits the gigantamax eevee head on. even with the additional fur from this form, she still feels the sting all the same.

and after a moment of stillness to shake off remaining petals, the eevee begins to make her next move.

max phantasm rises up like shadows, a dynamax-boosted version of ghost moves, and looks to slam into the sylveon without warning.

v9|qy|EF

hp: 2/4

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 6:04:23 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Oh gosh...watch out, Sugar!"[break][break]

Luka's command is unnecessary. Though the Gigantamax pokemon has an advantage in size, it also makes sneak attacks virtually impossible. Sugar can see the max phantasm coming from a mile away, but that doesn't mean she can avoid it entirely. Instead, the best she can do is brace herself.[break][break]

Or is it? An idea strikes the little feline, and she quickly darts off. It's almost funny— in order to take cover, she runs underneath the giant Eevee's legs! From here, she only takes a little recoil from the move as it smashes against the arena.[break][break]

Once the coast is clear, she sprints behind the Eevee and prepares a counterattack. Though dazzling gleam is a little predictable by now, it's still just as effective. Once again, the field glimmers with brilliant aureoles of light— with an opponent so big, there's no way this move can miss!

[break][break]
♥ ♥ ♥[break]toO80yqx + 10 from sygna suit[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 19:33:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the end, this match provides additional experimentation into the pros and cons of the dynamax phenomena. she approaches it with a better attitude than she should, really, given the losses they've taken... but it's purposeful in a small way, isn't it?

the sheer size the dynamax phenomena grants each user is enough to heed caution for those smaller, but what is size to speed? to stamina? to power?

her expression settles into neutrality as her gigantamax eevee is blinded by the dazzling gleam once more. as she blinks stars out of her eyes, the eevee retaliates with g-max cuddle.

ti3Eky0s

hp: 1/4

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 22:30:12 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Much like Illeana, Luka sees every battle as a learning experience. If she were a scientist, perhaps she would view every match as data to analyze. Her mind isn't quite as good at compartmentalizing, but each loss- and the occasional win- gives her something to learn from. Watching her opponents gives her hints to strategies she might employ. It's a little overwhelming, but perhaps that's for the best. She's been here too long to be coddled anymore.[break][break]

So while the scientist's face remains even, Luka's smile is ever-present and cheerful. Even if they don't win this match, she's proud of her Sylveon for lasting this long against a Dynamaxed Pokemon. Who knows— maybe she'll try it out on one of her own Pokemon someday.[break][break]

The max cuddle is just as hard to avoid as the last max move, and this time Sugar isn't as lucky. For a move with such an adorable name, it . She bounces back but manages to quickly spring to her feet, shaking dirt out of her fur. As Luka continues to cheer for her from across the arena, she strikes back with springtide storm, enshrining the Eevee in a whirlwind of sakura petals and glittering dust.

[break][break]
♥ ♥ ♥[break]mpOWqsLH + 10 from sygna suit[break]outfit ref[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 0:49:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the pretty petals of springtide storm whip up into a frenzy, the gigantamax eevee digs her paws a little further into the arena's dirt to keep herself grounded.

the onslaught feels endless for a moment and then, it ceases with a flutter of pink falling back down beneath gravity's heavy touch.

eevee's paw rises, then, and falls a moment later toward the sylveon as g-max cuddle returns with a vengeance.

D_KBDyvw

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 4:33:02 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Another max cuddle slams down onto the field. Sugar tries to run under the Eevee's legs to avoid it again, but the trembling ground makes it harder to move quickly, and she trips over her paws. The force of the attack slams down on her and she yowls, but still manages to get back on her feet.[break][break]

Despite all the attacks she's aimed towards the giant creature, nothing seems to break through. The match has been rather lighthearted until now, but when Sugar rears back her head to attack again, it's with an irritated little hiss. Her psyshock is a deeper, darker purple this time around as she attacks with all her might, trying to take the oversized Eevee down for good.[break][break]

[break][break]
♡ ♡ ♥[break]0XvxpN4O + 10 from sygna suit[break]outfit ref[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 17:39:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in a beautiful swirl of dark purple, psyshock collides with the gigantamax eevee's chest. it stings, utilizing enough force to edge the eevee back from her current positioning on the arena's floor.

and despite telling themselves this is just an easy going sort of thing, both the scientist and her eevee feel the flames of competition go from embers to a full-blown fire.

the gigantamax eevee tries to end the match with a decisive max phantasm, as if she wants to show her strength in a flash display of purple, bubbling shadows.

8g7nw0lX

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights