March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Side Events: Shalin vs. Lucia [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 4:37:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
This was it. All Shalin needed was one more win in this event, and she would have some nice spending money to take home with her. She would have to spend some of it on treats for Queen Zing, of course, but there would be plenty left to go around for fun things. She had to get through to claim that cash.

The two met in the side event hall's center battle court, the other six people in their flight watching their match. "Lucia, is that your name?" Shalin asked, the big Shiny Beedrill at her side waving hello. "Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro. This one's for all the marbles. Good luck to you. I can't convince you to split the prize money with me, win or lose, can I?"

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 131}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
164 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 6:03:56 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
With the grand tournament busy in full force, Lucia was among the youths wandering in the city streets of Lilycove. The confetti shot off from above to announce the most recent winners as Lucia looked up and frowned.

Another day, another battle. Lucia stood in front of Shalin, the younger trainer peering up at the older ranger. "U-Um, hi." she gave a weak but honest wave at the other woman. Her meek nature had almost caused her to fumble the pokeball in her hands as the girl did her best to seem confident.

A Tinkatink was called out onto Lucia's side of the field. Pinky swung her small weapon around and let out a cheerful cry at her opponent. Despite the difference in abilities between the two, the Tinkatink was raring to get the fight started.

"Ah-I'm Lucia. Wait, you already know that..." she murmured to herself and started to worry to herself about the results of the battle. "If you want to split it, we can...I'm kind of just here for practice anyway..."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:58:07 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was relieved to hear Lucia was willing to accept a prize split. She offered her opponent a hand to shake on the deal before taking her place on her side of the battle court. That buzzer was going to sound any moment. "Thanks. I don't like battling with high stakes." She had to deal with high-risk situations enough as a Ranger.

When the starting horn sounded, Queen Zing's roaring wings drowned out all other noise around the combatants and their trainers. The powerful TAILWIND they created propelled her to incredible speeds, the wasp almost looking like a green comet orbiting the Dunsparce. When the time was right, she would swoop in with her FELL STINGER!

nCqmLkDG

{PC: 2}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
164 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 1:48:42 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia shook hands with Shalin with an awkward but hopeful smile. The kind that was a glaring red flag to show how utterly naive she was to the current trainer climate. It did feel nice that somebody could show her the way along this little battlefield, even if all the stakes had been taken away. Maybe it could be a learning experience then!

The Tinkatink flailed wildly in joy at the oncoming battle in front of it. While not as fearsome as her fully evolved state, she was happy to allow her skills in smashing to come into play!

The starting horn blew and both pokemon were off. In no time at all, the Tinkatink was taking off to confront the Beedrill directly. It let out a shrill cry and watched while it lowered its stinger to aim at her. She dialed her weapon before and then let loose a BRUTAL SWING to try and catch it as it drew closer.

0zn7N1FH

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 16:14:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Tinkatink's timing was impressive, smashing her hammer into Queen Zing's rear end and rendering her most potent weapon useless for the rest of the bout. Not even Mega Evolution would restore its functionality. The brutal hit sent the wasp flying backward, barely catching herself before sailing out of bounds.

Keeping her distance from that hammer, the oversized bug loosed a barrage of TWINEEDLE toward the fairy-type. Though most of her body was metallic, all it would take was one of two needles piercing flesh, and that venom would spread beneath her armor.

qIc3NBfP

{PC: 3}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
164 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 21:15:05 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Pinky was thrilled to see the efforts of her swing taking full form. She squealed in elation and showed her little weapon towards the sky in a heroic display.

"G-Good job, Pinky!" Lucia cheered her pokemon on.

The Beedrill approached once more before shooting a TWINEEDLE at the Tinkatink. Pinky tried to counter this with by holding her small mace out towards the insect as a sudden burst of energy with FLASH CANNON.

5pw7oy2d

- Pinky (Tinkatink) | ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 20:21:19 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It only took being struck by that hammer once for Queen Zing to get a read on Pinky's moves and tells when she was about to swing that mace. A hit from it would sting worse than her own venom. She had to avoid being bashed again at all costs.

The green Beedrill ceased beating one of her wings briefly to swerve behind the steel-type in a blur, giving her a good view of the FLASH CANNON impacting a nearby arena barrier. Her foreleg stings began to whirl about much like a Rhydon's horn, Shalin's partner thrusting them forward in an effort to DRILL RUN into her foe from the rear.

tuvd6O0m

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
164 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 23:43:20 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Pinky looked infuriated that her attack had missed. The fairy type growled in response only to receive a Drill Run for her efforts. The Tinkatink was pushed back from getting drilled for a second but still in good health! She smashed her mace against the ground and let out a soft cry.

The Tinkatink was ready for the next round! It would shake its weapon at the Beedrill again and take off in another desperate swing to clobber it senseless. This time, it aimed to punch at the Beedrill with one of its fist, using ROCK SMASH.

G1bFWR1s

- Pinky (Tinkatink) | ♥♥

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 16:07:02 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The smashing hammer blow cracked part of Queen Zing's carapace, forcing Shalin's hand. Raising her hand level with the MEGA CIRCLET adorning her head, the green wasp glowed with the light of MEGA EVOLUTION, reinforcing her carapace with Infinity Energy.

Brandishing four foreleg stings instead of two, she thrust all of them into her steel-type. With venom ineffective against the Tinkatink unless she could pierce that metal armor, her DRILL RUN continued with four stings instead of two, her apex form letting her apply more torque to the whirling natural weapons she wielded.

vyNzALWY+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
164 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 6:15:12 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
The Tinkatink had been slashed by the Bee Drill's attack, spinning around as it was sent flying off back onto the starting position. Lucia was still reflexively ready to call her back until remembering the rules. She was going to have to brave it out.

Shalin then went to use the mega accessory on her head to power up the Beedrill. It's size multiplied as sthe child gave a pout. Hero didn't even have Mega Form! How was this allowed?!

"Y-You're lucky I can't afford one!" she whined.

Not one to be discouraged, Tinkatink ran forward against to the Beedrill as it neared her against. Raising her mace to the sky, she readied herself for another BRUTAL SWING.

h5YhTbW1

- Pinky (Tinkatink) | ♥

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 8:03:35 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The clash between the drilling stings and the Tinkatink's weapon was dangerously loud, sparks flying as neither seemed to give an inch. It would be only a matter of time before one of the Pokémon's strength gave out. Neither would give up easily, and wouldn't have to; the horn sounded once more, indicating time had expired and the match would go to a judge decision. After less than a minute passed, the officials returned, declaring Shalin the winner.

"Phew, I thought you had me there, Lucia," Shalin sighed, happy to scoop up another win. "That could have gone either way. I'm glad we decided to split." With that, the Captain handed her opponent cash equal to half the prize money that would be awarded her. "Have a good one, Lucia! Hope to see you around!" With that, she left the arena, check in hand, to sign up for another flight.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
164 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 6:40:51 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Hero fell in battle and the match was called. SHalin was the victor as Lucia stomped her foot in frustration. One more loss that brought her wins to half of how much she lost.

"Damn it!" Lucia huffed, starting to get angry at herself. "This isn't fair! I hate this stupid tournament!"

She accepted half of the money from Shalin's agreement, but was clearly not in the best headspace. After a pout and pulling her hair in frustration, the child groaned.

"Thanks for the battle..."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights