Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
EXTRACTION: NAVY & ISAAC [Crystal Clear]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 11:39:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]league - ultra deep sea
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: PREPARATION

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]After surviving a journey to the deepest extremities of Ultra Deep Sea, you find yourselves in a chamber with a glowing, magenta organ pulsing in its center. It's a gargantuan core that continuously emits energy. Terrifyingly, the radiation it spreads seemingly distorts space and time around it.[break][break]

Around you, Poison Tera Crystals, minerals imbued with Dynamax Energy, and more exist for you to mine, harvest, and gather.[break][break]

To overcome the energy's paranoia or hallucinogenic effects, designate someone who will take the brunt of the core's radiation.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Designate one character.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Take the brunt equally.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 11:39:37 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
HOLY DIVER, YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Here they are, once more adrift in a sunless sea. The mission that has brought them here seems to be of little import, now that artificial power spots have been constructed across the region. There are better uses for their time. One is an avatar, the other an Elite 4.[break][break]
Navy finds he’s smiling when he hits on the grand irony of it all. Only in the presence of his greatest enemy – the slumbering skeletal dragon, does he feel comfortable broaching a certain topic. Even before he was inducted into AQUA, he long held to a certain conspiracy theory: that AQUA is as much for observing its members as it is to help them. They are watched, scrutinized, held under a microscope up there.[break][break]
Here, only Eternatus listens, if He cares to listen at all. He has, thus far, proved a passive audience. Navy weighs his odds, hedges his bets, decides to bring it up here. They’re almost in the central chamber, where the ore is waiting to be mined.[break][break]
So, Isaac.” He brings it up casually, like they’re discussing sports or some equally banal topic. “Ran into someone real interesting during the battle.” Interesting sells short, but Navy is nothing if not a master of understatement. “Called herself the Visionary.” He lets that title hang in the air for just a moment.[break][break]
Said this whole mess, League and Rocket, is just distracting us from the real enemy.” He doesn’t mean to look up at Eternatus’s core when he says real enemy. Eternatus is not the Visionary’s enemy, as far as he knows. If he can play his cards right, he hopes to change that.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,323 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 14:15:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]In some regards, the Ultra Deep Sea had outlived its interest. Power spots were popping up left and right around Hoenn, natural and artificial alike. Dynite ore, like the kind he and had salvaged on the resurfaced island, was becoming a known quality. Tera crystals already infested Hoenn itself like an unclean wound.[break][break]

In other ways, it couldn't have been more fascinating. Less an alternate realm and more a titan's guts, everything they learned about the Deep Sea opened more questions than answers. Some would consider this work beneath Isaac and Navy. Others would consider even trying to comprehend it leagues above their pay grade.[break][break]

Yet it wasn't the only mystery they sought to unravel.[break][break]

"Arceus. If I didn't know her, I'd think she was trying to get me in trouble." Navy wasn't the first to ask Isaac about . He knew damn well he wouldn't be the last. Poor would probably pull her hair out if she knew just how many Leaguers Nomi approached on the Resurfaced Island alone. "But, nah. She's the real deal. Means every word of what she says, and I'm sure you've seen her back up what she says."[break][break]

He sighed, looking deep into the bowels of Eternatus. The crystals lining the void of its guts shimmered like little stars. "She's right, if you ask me. But, Arceus, sure as hell doesn't feel like we're the ones stringing this fight out." Would they have gone to Galar if Rocket didn't show up to needlessly antagonize the heroic dogs? Would the mysteries of the RKS System and Resurfaced Island been solved if they hadn't been claimed in bloodshed?[break][break]

Would this war even persist if Rocket hadn't chosen selfishness at the edge of armageddon?

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 23:31:28 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Hard to say she’s wrong.” That admission would be ammo, in the world up above. He has enemies, powerful ones. Such is the price of glory and prestige. Here, Eternatus gives him nothing but a passive hum.[break][break]
We fight each other. Kill ‘em, get killed. Send dumb kids off, nurse their wounds when they come back, and for what? That simulated universe is nice, but was it worth the price we paid?” He means it as a rhetorical question. It wasn’t. Few things are worth that price, least of all the lives of the young and stupid.[break][break]
Reminds me of—fuck.” A half step towards the core triggers the inevitable. Even with a sygna suit protecting him, the pain and pressure bring him to one knee. It’s all the pressure of the ocean bearing down on him, mingled with malevolent poison. It seeps into his soul – brings out the worst fears he has. It spurs a question.[break][break]
I need to talk to her, Isaac.” His strained voice is a plea. Forcing himself up, he turns to the younger man. His Excadril slips free, getting to the arduous task of mining the ore.[break][break]
She might be the only person in the world who’ll get just how bad this guy is besides us.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,323 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 23:21:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]At least they were in agreement. When the end of the world was a realistic possibility, even a group as vile as Team Rocket felt like a secondary concern.[break][break]

"Fuck no. But Rocket paid that price too, and they got theirs months before we did." The RKS Simulation had been where he and learned the truth of their destinies. It had been where he and finally accepted each others' true colors. It was undoubtedly significant, and if this were an arms race it was one the League was firmly behind on. "Think that's what has the rest of the League so worried. Rocket's gonna use anything they can get their hands on against us, so we gotta adapt or die."[break][break]

"Sounds like a race to the bottom, if you ask me. But when Rocket's shown they're fine flirting with danger . . ."[break][break]

He sighed. Arceus, he felt like such a hypocrite. He, of all people, felt like was in no position to point fingers at Rocket. At the same time, with how much time he'd spent among the lowest of their low and the highest of their high, maybe he was in a better position than the rest of AQUA combined. "Maybe if she can convince Rocket as much as she's convinced us, Hoenn'll stand a chance."[break][break]

They couldn't do this alone. That much Isaac knew. When the chips were down, the League and Rocket's temporary alliances were enough to fight off interdimensional horrors and the gods of this world in mere moments. Instead of taking this as a sign, they let these temporary truces be just that. Were they strengthening themselves like this, blade sharpening blade?[break][break]

Or were they going to just chip away at each other until one of their billion enemies got lucky?[break][break]

"You're in luck, you know. I can get you two hooked up without a problem." loved him. It was no longer shy glances and puppy love, but a deepened respect between two people who understood one another in a way nobody else could. He trusted her, even when he feared he shouldn't, because he couldn't imagine ever not. This war wouldn't change that. "But . . ."[break][break]

With a sigh, Isaac cast a glance upwards, eyeing the great colossus that had completely engulfed them. "Please tell me the 'this guy' you're talking about is the one whose colon we're standing in."[break][break]

An traitor and an Elite Four member conspiring with Rocket's head scientist to take down Matias Silph. Even to a maverick like Isaac, there was no way that could end well.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 22:04:56 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

His answer to Isaac comes in the form of a story. Poisoned mist sweeps in, almost enough to consume Navy. Sweat beads around his brow as Bryndrildr continues to mine for Dahlia Goode’s precious ore.[break][break]
When I met her, I said ‘aren’t we supposed to be enemies’. Know what she said, Isaac?” As he talks, visions play against the mist. Visions of that battle, visions of a bird being melted by Groudon’s sheer heat in this very cavern. What he says next is spoiled by the mist. Figures from another world, their faces obscured by the sheriff’s lack of knowledge, appear in the mist. At their back is a swarm of Unown.[break][break]
She said the only enemy she has is the Dark Triad.” Admiration slips into his voice, beneath the agony of being close to Eternatus. “Matias ain’t my enemy. I’d kill him if I could. I hate him for what he did, and what he’s gonna do, but he’s not my enemy…” His hand points up, wobbly. Right at the core.[break][break]
He is. I hate Rocket, too, I wanna be a big enough man to say they’re not my enemies.” For there are people like this Visionary in their ranks, or people like and his husband. People Navy can’t bring himself to hate, even if he hates their banner.[break][break]
But Isaac, this thing’s bad. Bad just like the Dark Triad are bad. Maybe it’s small ball, when you think of the world like it’s a bunch of worlds just like ours. This is the world I’ve got. This is the world we’ve gotta defend. This is the world she's gotta return to after saving every world.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 22:06:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: COMFORTING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]As materials are mined and gathered, the designated trainer(s) will begin to experience heightened anxiety and fear. The walls around you are slightly translucent. They are fleshy and pink, pulsing with energy ever so often. Through them, you can view the great starry fields of space.[break][break]

Threats may begin to encroach upon this chamber. Nihilego, Poipole, Naganadel, and mutated Pokemon who have found themselves unluckily teleported here.[break][break]

The heightened mental anguish may also take a toll, requiring healing or barriers against assaults of the mind. However, there is limited time to mine. What will you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on heals/defense.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on mining.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,323 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 3:21:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]A fond smile spread over Isaac's face at the answer he knew would give. "Yep. That's her, alright," he said, voice wistful. A part of him hated how they stood together, apart. He longed so badly to be by her side much more, the two of them facing down the end of the universe without needing to continue this foolish dance. Would anyone who knew them even be surprised?[break][break]

It didn't matter if they were or weren't. They had to keep up these pointless appearances for this pointless war.[break][break]

At least it was a relief to know the same consideration extended to Matias. There was a fine line between hatred and the enemy. In spite of all his loss, Navy insisted on keeping to the right side of it. Good for him. Lesser men had a way of losing themselves to it. Maybe Matias was one of them. That didn't matter. No matter what AQUA entailed, they weren't his keeper. What mattered was that, no matter what, they didn't lose themselves.[break][break]

Nihilego sloughing off of the cavern walls would make that harder than it needed to be. Two Pokeballs met the floor to meet them; Neo and Akane, the ba and the ka, the unknown successor and the lingering dream. Together, the Aggron and Iron Thorns stood shoulder to shoulder. Neo lowered her head, a rumble escaping her throat, as green plasma shone through the glass tanks of Akane's body.[break][break]

"No such thing as small ball," Isaac said, mist gathering between his hands. As he clasped them together, they pressed the mist into a frozen hilt. A blade of ice rose from the center of it, the reflection of the Nihilego shimmering along its surface. "This is the only life we'll ever have. It may as well be the whole damn multiverse to us."[break][break]

This planet. This region. It was their home, and they wouldn't let some two-bit parasite suck it dry.[break][break]

"'Sides. I don't think we're just some world. You heard the Triad." Right now, they were less important than Isaac's own Triad, Neo and Akane letting out a pair of matching roars as they thundered into battle. "If Arceus thinks we're bad enough dudes to end the whole damn multiverse, it only figures we're bad enough dudes to save it, right? We just gotta figure out what makes us such a big deal first."[break][break]

With that, he charged into battle, vaulting off of Neo's back to introduce his blade to a Naganadel's side.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 6:51:53 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

True enough.” The sheriff grunts, his Excadrill redoubling her efforts. They’ll have enough ore to end this pretense soon, but it’s good to talk. It keeps his head on straight. Ordinarily, he’d be the one defending someone. Placing that trust in someone else is novel. It feels nice. It gives him time, even now, with hell swarming around them, to think.[break][break]
Wasn’t there, when the Triad said all that. I was just some private detective back then, eating burgers at that gastro bar when I had the spare cash.” He misses that young man, from whom he feels removed by 21 years and change. He wonders how that young, cocksure fellow would handle all the predicaments of the present day.[break][break]
Don’t think I’d really get it if I was. You’re right. You’re good at that, you know? Cutting right to the heart of it. This is our home. This is what matters. Don’t know why the big guy’s planted Himself right on our doorstep, but he won’t—argh.”[break][break]
Once more, the pain makes him slump. The pain of these harvests persists, no matter how much he tells himself that his body is used to the strain. Turning, he sees Isaac charging like a hero into the fray, armed with a sword. He cuts an impressive figure, like the hero-wolf guarding the tomb.[break][break]
Wish you were here now, hero. He thinks. We need you. Need all the help we can get.[break][break]
But they didn’t become heroes by relying on others. Navy forces himself back to his feet, fighting against the bone-deep pain firing through his nerves.[break][break]
You’re…really coming into your powers, huh?

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,323 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 15:16:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Least you were a detective. Pretty sure I was just walking around the region doing nothing with my life. You told me I'd be doing THIS-" The strain in his voice as he finally brought the Naganadel down with a hefty stab was more for exertion than emphasis, but it fit nicely nonetheless "-I'd've called you crazy."[break][break]

"We're digging for gold while clearing aliens out of a godbeast's colon. Fuck, man."[break][break]

Akane was quick to trundle to Navy's side, bracing herself against the sheriff as he stumbled. His Sygna Suit, and its destructive impulses, were kept at bay. He lacked a patron's protection as he trainer had. That meant, as the Deep Sea took its toll, as these missions dragged on and on, the poor man had no choice but to falter.[break][break]

How much did he take on?[break][break]

A Nihilego lurked in the shadows, grasping greedily for the two, but Neo would't have it. She lunged past her spirit sister, stomping down on its tentacle before it could finish reaching out. A hefty tug dragged it out of hiding, allowing her to pound it into dust with a Heavy Slam.[break][break]

"Am I?" Isaac peeked back towards Navy, concern briefly knit across his brow. "Still feels like I've got so much to learn. Suicune makes it look easy." He remembered how, for the longest time, he could barely move his aurora past his fingertips. He remembered how effortlessly Suicune could move the waves, while half the time he couldn't change the shape of water unless he was touching it. He remembered how, whenever they trained together, he could barely even manage to keep pace.[break][break]

"I think I'm just good at stepping up when I'm needed."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 7:22:11 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Yeah…” He huffs, grateful for Akane’s help. She reminds him of Roland, another creature from a far-future who bears the weight of inherited will. Trying to right himself, he steps out of Neo’s way. Best to let them handle this. Arthur’s Pokeball calls to him, his Kommo-O wanting to be free to fight in this dark place beneath the earth.[break][break]
Not now, not here. Not with how little room they have already.[break][break]
You’re damn good at stepping up.” A short cough into his gloved hand. “Hoenn and those that live here are lucky to have you.” Perhaps the league would have been the correct thing to say, but he understands one truth they both know: they are Hoenn’s servants, not the League’s. That those goals align makes him grateful, but the sheriff remembers life under the previous administration. There was a reason so many people flocked to Rocket, innocents like Isaac and dyed in the wool extremists like alike.[break][break]
…shit. I don’t know how people do it, man. All the people Goode’s got coming down here to mine. Most of them don’t have suits. I’ve been down here before getting mine. This close to that,” he points at his enemy, “it sucks. Like being pressure cooked after someone’s flayed you.”[break][break]
It seems something finds that turn of phrase very funny. A thick smell corrodes his nostrils. Tera crystals flare to life, crystals that show vision of a poisoned world. Reflected in the shards, he sees the poisoned skies of a distant Galar. There is no better example of a world where this monster has won than that.[break][break]
As the fog settles, something rumbles in the distance.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 7:22:42 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONDEMNING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Eventually, the Eternatus core expels enough energy to cause the designated trainers experience extreme distress and fright. At first, they may point out things, Pokemon, or people that do not exist; however, over time, their hallucinations begin to manifest into reality.[break][break]

The Poison Tera Crystals glow bright as all manner of terrible things appear, drawn from the conscious of those affected by the Eternatus core. Eventually, these manifested figures will expire, disintegrating into nothing but residual Dynamax Energy.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a fusion Pokemon.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a manifested trauma/memory.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,323 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 14:31:51 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"I try." The words were terse, almost strained. Was it from the exertion as Isaac finished wrestling his Naganadel foe down to the ground? Or was it from the strain of Eternatus' core, too great for even he to ignore? Like a still-glowing fission rod, pressure rippled through the undisturbed waters that were his brain.[break][break]

A part of Isaac knew he'd never think he was good enough. At the same time, he gave Hoenn his best, and his best spoke for itself.[break][break]

Some in the League would always see his best as a traitor's pathetic attempt at saving his own skin. Some in Rocket wouldn't even care to listen, nothing mattering but the fact that he'd left. So be it. He knew well by now he couldn't please everyone. Navy was right. He was no man's servant. He was Hoenn's protector.[break][break]

"If it was me, I'd ask Illie if she could claw these portals shut." The pressure of Eternatus' core was overwhelming. The light that radiated from it was sickening to behold. Even with the calm that Suicune had filled him with, Isaac found himself overwhelmed. He and had been stopped by a fused beast before they could dig so deep. He and Navy weren't nearly so lucky. "Can't think of a single good thing that's come from these rifts."[break][break]

Ultra Beasts and Paradoxes, turned into cannon fodder for the war. Otherworldly resources, forged into new weapons and traps. Hostile environments not suited for human life, stripped bare of mysteries for the League and Rocket to turn into casus belli. For what? So someone could be the first asshole to wake Arceus up from his nap?[break][break]

If the Triad was right, they deserved everything they had coming to them. But considering the Triad were a bunch of cryptic assholes who relished in their suffering instead of trying to help, Isaac had two words for them.[break][break]

Finally, something pushed back against the dire radiance of the core and the clouds in Isaac's mind. It was a Pressure, as strong as the ocean and as warm and soft as a weighted blanket. Somewhere in this airless tunnel, a cool breeze blew past Isaac's ear.[break][break]

"You followed us, huh?" Isaac turned over his shoulder, his smile weary and appreciative. Suicune strode out from the mists, looking their charge in the eye and returning their smile. However, they didn't stand by Isaac's side. Instead, they walked right past him, staring past the core and into the surrounding mists.[break][break]

As if in contemplation, they closed their eyes and bowed their head.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 6:17:07 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

I hope…she can do that.” There’s blood in his cough, quickly wiped away into the red of his poncho. Bloodstains will wash out. Concern takes longer to erode. “Seal this place off. Damn, that’d be a load off my shoulders.”[break][break]
Even if has that power, he wonders if the council would allow the League’s latest avatar to act. It would forever seal them away from this ore, from wishing stars, from the power offered by Ultra Beasts. Dewford would sleep easier at night, but there are some who could not care less for their peace of mind.[break][break]
Hey, your buddy showed up.” Suicune manages to make Navy smile by their presence alone. It is not so much Suicune themselves as the people the legendary remind him of. , with his smart answers for everything, and Isaac, who also seems to make everything work out alright. It’s hard not to be optimistic in company like that.[break][break]
You’ve done good, girl.” Bryndrildr comes back to her ball without protest. With the mist encroaching, they don’t have much room to navigate. In her place stands Shuwen, arms folded. Like Suicune, he seems to sense something in the mist.[break][break]
What begins with a low growl ends in a roar. Something charges from the mist. Three somethings, to be precise. Three beasts of legend amalgamated into one mass, all three of its components hellbent on their destruction.[break][break]
And it is real, as real as anything down here can be. This beast of fantasy means to take their lives. Shuwen shouts a defiant war cry, charging ahead with surging strikes. The fighting master simply doesn’t know when to quit.[break][break]
That…” He gazes up at the core. Navy realizes he came dangerously close to giving Eternatus’s mist a compliment.[break][break]
…thing looks like what happens when you give a painter too many of ’s shrooms.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,323 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 21:48:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Little did Navy and Isaac know that the painter was among them.[break][break]

As the echoes of the Legendary Beasts charged out from the mists, Suicune's eyes flashed open. They stared their doppelganger down, the shadows of their companions lingering in the corner of their eye. Once, they had been such a trio. This world's beasts had been as well. Now, this world was without, just as Suicune was without their sworn brothers.[break][break]

Only one that was sworn to them remained, now. By his side stood the one sworn to him in turn.[break][break]

The mists that lingered in Suicune's wake took on an almost pink color. It was subtle at first, but by the time the beasts were on a collision course Suicune was practically enveloped in a vivid veil of dreams. It watched, expression unreadable, as their shadows swirled together into an amorphous void. From that void, a new beast reared up, equal parts all of them and none of them.[break][break]

Satisfied, Suicune turned to face Isaac and Navy. It nodded once, summoned a platform of ice, and hopped atop it to observe.[break][break]

"You seriously came all this way to test us?" Isaac knew his patron. Had it been an unwelcome threat, they wouldn't have made a point of removing themselves from the situation. Instead, this threat was all too welcome. Whether born from Suicune's memories, Eternatus' wrath, or simple serendipity, it had earned the north wind's seal of approval.[break][break]

Surging Strikes rained down on its body, blow after blow being absorbed into its triply thick mane. With each hit, its fur seemed to puff out and spark up more and more. The smell of ozone wafted through the air, a deep chill lingering wherever it passed. Even Isaac, supernaturally attuned to the cold, found himself shivering a little as the fused beast obliterated all heat in the room.[break][break]

He barely had a chance to weave the frosts into a shield. The second he'd haphazardly pieced one together, the fused beast's entire body went white. The static electricity from blow after blow to its mane had reached a fever pitch, allowing a Freeze Shock to erupt from its body. Even with the shield up, Isaac was thrown back against a wall. Akane dug her tail into the ground and threw up her best guard, but even she slid back from the force of impact.[break][break]

Only Neo was able to hold her ground, a blessing and a curse. Sensing fresh meat, the beast surged forward with Extreme Speed. A body twice as tall as Suicune's and several times more muscular surged into the Aggron, tipping her over in a single high impact headbutt. With a foot smashed down on her chest, its eyes lit up a vicious red. As it unhinged its jaw, an Ice Burn crackled at the back of its throat.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here