he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,450 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
VCT: Hideo vs Doug
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:40:58 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
So, the time had finally come: their fated rematch was at hand. Hideo would once again face off against his mentor, his friend, in a heated battle, where the stakes were actually extremely minimal because win or lose, they'd both get rewarded.

But the emotional stakes were what really mattered here.

"Gonna try and get some revenge after I beat you in the Hoenn Star Tournament?" Hideo goaded, a grin on his face. It'd been a narrow win before, but it was still a win. "Just gotta warn you, I'm even better than I was back then, so you're gonna have to work for it!...and maybe if you do win, you could get a badge out of it too~"

Chosen Gimmick: Sygna Suit (+10 to all rolls)

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:55:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

vs

"Damn bro, do you always talk your challengers into submission?" He goaded the boy back, pride welling up in his chest as he stood across from him in the battlefield.

Trash talk aside— Hideo truly had grown well... well, not like, vertically, but he was stronger at least!

"Luckily for you, I'm a big man. I don't even care about Star Tournament thing..." He had won the whole ass tournament in the end, after all! "No, I don't care about that."

He palmed his pokeball tghtly.

"I'm here for my THRONE, brat!" He claimed, pumping a fist. "I AIN'T WAITING FOR SUMMER THIS TIME— WE'LL SETTLE WHO'S THE WATERTANK KING RIGHT HERE! KAMA!"

He threw his pokeball, releasing a very confused looking scyther. Usually, he was pretty chill about these battles, and she was the intense, excited one.

What the hell was this?

"LET'S GOOOO!"

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,450 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:10:14 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"I mean hey, psychology is a good part of any battle~" He'd just engaged in some playful ribbing - something he hadn't had many chances to do lately.

Ah - it wasn't Hoenn Star Tournament that Doug had a grudge about. "Well, dunno if a Pokemon Battle would make up for me dunking on you," Hideo joked, "But if that's what you're seeking revenge for: by all means, try and take it!"

And to be fair, while Hideo did win the HST battle, Doug was the one that won the war Tournament itself. And in the process, got Tapu Lele to stick around him.

On that note, it'd been a while since Lele'd been around. Hopefully, they were still ok.

But he could ask about this after this was done.

With the Scyther out, their battle could begin in earnest. Hideo's Beheeyem was already preparing itself for close combat, a Reflect shimmering across its body as several rocks were pulled from the ground, a Rock Tomb readied and tossed at the Scyther.

Eq5ev3h0+10

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:24:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

vs

Rocks were about the worst thing kama could deal with, so—

"Acrobatics." He ordered with a swipe of the arm, making the Scyther dance around the flying boulders while trying to close the distance, the flat of her scythes reeled back in order to give Elga a good smack across the nogging.

TL;DR:
-Scyther used Acrobatics.

tTAZ7r3z
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,450 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:43:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Elga knew exactly what he was doing, starting off with a Rock attack. Unfortunately, the Scyther was a skilled one, and the Beheeyem took a solid hit to his sizable noggin.

Thank goodness he put up a Reflect earlier.

The boy and his Beheeyem both knew well where their strengths lay - distance, and that a Scyther was much more of a threat up close.

"Elga, blow her away!" Hideo ordered, the Beheeyem already preparing its retaliation - it sucked in some air before letting out a Round, meant to push the Scyther away.

HP: 2/3

KMsDVB_e+10

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:01:23 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

vs

Much like Hideo, Doug and Kama understood their own strengths.

Which meant that while Hideo and Elga wanted them far away, they wanted to be as close as possible.

"Cling to 'im!" Doug ordered in turn, his Scyther ramming one of her scythes unto the floor and effectively nailing herself to the ground before twisting her other scythe about, the blade glowing red hot as it a harsh gale attempted to vacuum the short psychic type closer.

TL;DR:
-Scyther used Vacuum Wave.
40xMkEEs

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,450 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:19:14 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
This wasn't going well. The Reflect may have been the only reason Hideo's Beheeyem hadn't already been knocked out from the assault it was facing.

They had to act fast.

Just as the Vacuum Blade pulled the Beheeyem closer, it began to do what it did best, channeling Psychic energy towards the Scyther, aiming to push her away in a more direct manner.

But would it be able to pull the attack off in time, when it was being forced to get closer?

Hopefully.

HP: 1/3

PhR0m_rB+10

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:48:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

vs

Like a shark smelling the blood on the water, Kama's gaze sharpened, her eyes narrowing as her aura exploded outwards.

Crouching low as a shimmering mirage of blades surrounded her, scythes smashed unto the hard floor and dug deep as the pressure of the Beheeyem's psychic smashed against her, cracking her chitin audibly as she forced her way forward, a rock against the proverbial river as her scythes began to glow a deep green— before they seemingly exploded, launching her forward into a flying headbutt towards Elga.

TL;DR:
-Scyther used Z-move:Z-Swords Dance.
-Scyther used Fury Cutter to launch herself into a headbutt.
TyHszxeI+50

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,450 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:12:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Alas, his Beheeyem just wasn't able to gain distance; Kama was just too aggressive for it to deal with. Try as it might, once the (proverbial) blood was smelled, it was a goner.

"Z-move's a bit overkill," Hideo sighed, his Beheeyem getting knocked out by that headbutt. He knew it was over the moment that Telepathic connection stopped sending him information. "Guess you really did want revenge for the Dunk Tank, huh?"

He recalled his Beheeyem into its Pokeball.

"Don't really have a crown to give you, though. Best I can do is a badge, but I think you gotta wait 'til the end of this tournament to get it. In case you decide you want someone's else's."

He put emphasis on that last one - alongside a pitiful face. Surely, Doug wouldn't forgo his badge for someone else's…right?

HP: 0/3

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:18:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

vs

After the hot streak of losses they had been suffering, Doug wasn't too surprised Kama had chased victory like a rabbid dog the moment she had smelled it.

"Yeah... that's Kama alright." He said with a grimace, kneeling in front of Hideo as they met at the center of the battlefield. "Want me to give Elga a look? I can have 'im back on his feet in a blink."

He scoffed at the boy's pitiful display, reaching over to ruffle his hair.

"What would I want anyone else's badge for?" He asked with an eye roll. "Yours is the only one that means anything now."

There was a reason Doug had exactly 8 badges for the past 4 years until now. He didn't do Gym Challenges for fun— he did them to meet certain needs and requirements of his own.

He grinned.

"Give me my danged badge, squirt."

TL;DR:
-Thanks for the thread, Blue!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 3:39:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: