november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:21:26 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
At some point, Cassandra was wondering if she and Jon, her Trubbish, would really have the stamina to keep battling the whole day. Probably not, but for now, she still felt like there was some fight left in her, and Jon seems to feel the same. The duo spots someone else, currently not engaged in a battle, with the same tournament setup as themselves, and decided to approach the (definitely older) person and their pokémon.

"Hello! Would you be open for a battle?" she asks, pointing to herself and Jon, "I'm Cassandra and this is my partner, Jon." The trubbish gives a little wave, only intimidated by the bigger pokémon for a second (or maybe two).

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
In Silence There Is Beauty
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 1:28:43 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","kazu1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]The white-haired man was surprised by the young lady’s approach. “Hm?” The giant turned to face Cass with a bewildered expression. A hand poised upon his scarf as if looking for comfort. A habit he’d developed from years of picking the scar at his neck. But that expression softened into a soft, indulgent expression. “I would be honored.” The bear, not caring who his opponent was, agreed. Though, when he saw the Trubbish, there was a tiny wrinkle in his plans.[break][break]

He couldn’t just punch garbage! Still, he made his way to the designated battling line. The VR screen overlayed beady eyes as he stared down at the Trubbish. A few stretches followed as he tried to limber himself up.[break][break]

“I'm Kazuya.” He nodded to his bear. “He is Natsu.” His voice came from somewhere around his belt. His tongue a shriveled stump in his mouth. The species of the girl's partner tells him much about her. Most of it is to be respected.

[break][break]

[attr="class","kazu3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:10px roboto;--accent:#9698E0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 375px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 100px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2]padding: 20px 30px; font-size: 11ox; line-height: 1.5; text-align: justify; color: #aaaaaa; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: -25px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:#B6B4E0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 30px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]vTHh_nOW
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 14:57:05 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
The closer Cass comes, the more she notices that not only her Trubbish is tiny here - while she's of average height, it's not much compared to the trainer she's facing now. At least she didn't have to come close enough to actually need to crane her neck. She's surprised by the soft edges in the others' expression, and tries her best not to think about her father when he's about to spoil her.

"The honour is all mine," she replies, laying on the layer of teenage confidence a bit thicker, "It's nice to meet you." Jon seems to mimic her, puffing up his whole bagness a little bit, but ... he might just appear a bit more bloated than before. She still gives him an encouraging smile, before both of their expressions become more serious as they turn to the battle.

As they initiated it this time, it might as well be up to them to start the fight-fight, too! "Jon, use Sludge Bomb! Try and keep it at bay!" If she remembers correctly, the other is a fighting type ... so maybe a melee fighter.

HP: 3/3
Jon uses Sludge Bomb
oQZiJ3k4
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 2:53:53 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kazu1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]Something about her words warmed his heart. Once upon a time, girls like this would ask him for autographs. They would cheer for him from the stands. Now, those same people looked at him with eyes full of suspicion. He may have been vindicated in a court of law, but that did little to sway the court of public opinion. It was often easier to shift a boulder than it was to move a single man’s mind. “You are far too kind.” She reminded him of his eldest daughter in a way.
[break][break]

Let’s see how she does. Kazuya does not immediately call out an attack. He enjoys his opponents making the first move. It said a lot about a person. And, in this case, it offered a boost of confidence. A hand held out in a subtle gesture for pause as Natsu moved to follow the little garbage bag. It seems she plans to keep her distance. Smart girl. Unfortunately, it was not a strategy he could allow.
[break][break]
“Take it.” Natsu’s Fluffy ability allowed him to play tank, as long as no one set him on fire. With a grumble, the bear charged right into the toxic bomb. Its fist swung to bat the main mass of poison away. A grin split Kazuya’s face. The toxins didn’t seem to take hold, fortunately. “Payback.” With a roar, the ursine aimed to send all of the Trubbish’s hard work back at it with a shadowy punch.

[break][break]
RyGIbmj2[break]

Notes:
HP 2/3

[attr="class","kazu3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 375px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 100px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2]padding: 20px 30px; font-size: 11ox; line-height: 1.5; text-align: justify; color: #aaaaaa; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 30px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 14:20:20 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cassandra hasn't heard that response before, so she stills for a moment, before simply grinning. "My mum also tells me that sometimes." She wouldn't call herself kind, necessarily, but it's true that her heart hasn't quite grown rigid, even if seeds of resentment have been sown.

She also is surprised that the Bewear just ... took the attack. That's not happened before - but she would quickly see why. "Uh oh," she couldn't hold back, both her and Jon seeming to equally just brace for impact, but- hey, they couldn't just take it! "Jon, use Sluge Bomb again! At Natsu, but also use its force to get away!"

HP: 3/3
Jon uses Sludge Bomb
w8gFgltm
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 2:03:10 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kazu1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]The man chuckled—the sound mechanical and lacking its real-life mirth. The girl seems to take the comment in stride. Though, it is a bit of a double-edged sword. To be too kind relegated one to the realm of doormats. It allowed people to easily take advantage of you. “She sounds wise.” Hopefully, she’d make sure the girl wouldn’t get eaten the second she left the nest.

[break][break]

Though he was not one to talk during battle—trying to leave his habit of taunting behind him—Kazuya felt an urge to mentor. “Using your opponent’s aggression against them is a common strategy.” It worked when people overreached in fights and when they grew too confident in battle. In Natsu’s case, it often worked literally.

[break][break]

The bear followed the poison type as it tried to spray itself backward. His gargantuan steps allowed him to quickly eat up the distance between them. As he drew closer, he threw his fist back. With a powerful punch, he unleashed a Hammer Arm the poison-type’s way.

[break][break]
iLQO8zDu[break]

Notes:
HP 2/3

[attr="class","kazu3"]

[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 10:04:57 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass shrugs non-committally, two conflicting expressions rising to try and take the upper hand in her face - a subtle pride because she does think her mom is cool despite all, and the opposite; how could one's own parent ever be cool when you're a teenager in puberty? Gladly, the time to reply is cut as Kazuya offers a piece of advice, and she nods.

Before being a bit dumbfounded again, seeing as Natsu now manages to strike Jon with, what looks like, a very painful Hammer Arm. However, making contact- "Try to grab onto the arm!" Cass shouts, trying to get that out before Jon is flung away from the impact - her little guy tends to be sticky. "And then another Sludge Bomb from close-up!"

Jon's world is a blur right now, but he tries to follow his trainer's commands, preparing and firing a Sludge Bomb while also trying to hang on for a moment.

HP: 2/3
VFVQVfwQ
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 0:08:06 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kazu1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]The white-haired man does not press. He remembers what it was to be a teenager. To even acknowledge your parents meant admitting that you were not some all-powerful, immortal being. You were dependent on someone. That independence was an illusion, just like that of a flightless bird in a cage, And, while his parents were lovely, their influence felt suffocating.

[break][break]
Smart girl. Natsu recoils as two little plastic tendrils wrap around his arms. This surprises the bear. Just a second ago, the poison type had been running for its little life (?), and now it was trying to grab him. The natural ooze from the Trubbish drips onto his pristine, velvety fur. The stench made his nose wrinkle. As the girl gave her order, the bear’s eyes widened. Taking a Sludge Bomb to the face was way down on his list of priorities. “Shake it off!” Kazuya shouted to be heard above the clamor behind him.

[break][break]

Closing his eyes tight—just in case he failed—the bear used a Super Power in an attempt to push the trashbag off.

[break][break]
WRzslkGO[break]

Notes:
HP 2/3

[attr="class","kazu3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 10:44:20 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
One of Jon's few quality traits that never betrayed him is his stubbornness. Jon clings to the Bewear as long as he's able, for a few more seconds longer ... before he's eventually sent flying. Mid-air maneuvers are hard, so he resorts to simply doing as many of them as possible, trying to get a hit in with a Sludge Bomb.

He's not even thinking about running for the moment, and just furiously repeats the last input Cass has given him.

HP: 2/3
AiP6z|Bq
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 15:59:32 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kazu1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]The antics of the little trashbag draw a smile onto Kazuya’s face. He has always admired will, especially in underdogs. He seems to care about his trainer truly. This thought appears as he watches the little thing tumble through the air. Again, his lack of long-range attacks becomes painfully obvious. It may not be Natsu’s preferred fighting style, but they need to work on it.
[break][break]

With heavy steps, the Bewear does his best to dodge the poison Gatling gun. A few drops splatter on his fur. The areas they strike soon began to sizzle. For a moment, he looks like a Scooby Doo skit. This lack of grace coaxes a silent sigh from the mercenary—one that exposes the stump of his tongue. “Compose yourself.” Kazuya’s words make the fighting type pause. He firmly plants his feet and tries to track Jon’s movements.
[break][break]

Then, he sees it. A quick jerk to the right allows one Sludge Bomb to sail right past his head. With a bellow, he charges forward again. Ice congeals around his fist as his frame eats up the distance. When he gets in range, an Ice Punch is unleashed. It’ll be a lot harder to spit sludge at him when it’s frozen.[break][break]

But, whether the timing is bad or something else, the Sludge Bomb hits him square in the muzzle. As he staggers back, his foot hits just outside the bounds. With a small smile, Kazuya watches his hearts drop to zero. "Good job, Cass." With a grumpy noise, the Bewear nods begrudgingly at the trash bag.
[break][break]
YWxgQ2fc[break]

Notes:
HP 2/3

[attr="class","kazu3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
[vct] kazu vs cass
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 22:24:53 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
A frosty cold comes rushing towards Jon, but miraculously, it doesn't connect. Jon simply drops from mid-air, not frozen (unlike that one time when they were caught in a tree mid-winter), with an unpleasant sound. Upon realising his victory, he raises his fluttery arms, and heaves himself up to jump into Cass' waiting arms who couldn't quite believe it, but was incredibly proud of her little trasbag. Maybe ranged fighting had quite some advantages ...

"Thank you!" she thanked Kazu, and also did half a bow with Jon in her arms, who also tilted his head - now that the fight is over, respect, admiration and fear is all written over his big eyes. "That was, uh, a really good fight! Those punches were quite nasty." And she could only be glad that she didn't have to thaw Jon (today).

WIN
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights