March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Side Events: Shalin vs. Thomas [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 8:57:07 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With the sun on the horizon, matches on arenas not illuminated by artificial lighting were winding down. Space about to be limited, Shalin signed up for one more mini-tournament flight. She was starting to grow tired, as well; she had done more regulation battling in the last two days than she had done in the rest of her life.

Her first-round opponent was a familiar face: . "Evening, Thomas!" Shalin waved, her Shiny Beedrill also waving with one of her foreleg stings. "How's Rufus been? Sorry to make you worry the other day; I just can't handle his speed well!" It was strange coming from someone known for being able to handle extreme motion with her Sygna Suit. What a strange suit she wore; how could it let her handle being whipped back and forth on a Venusaur's vine, yet not handle a straight line Extreme Speed sprint?

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 148}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 6:11:16 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas stepped into the ring, he'd be greeted by the familiar face of Shalin. He was happy to see the Head Ranger again, after everything that went down.

"How are you, Shalin?", he'd inquire. "Rufus has been great. Probably playing with the little ones back home.", he'd tell her, chuckling at the thought of the Arcanine, and how much of an overgrown puppy he was. "Don't worry about it, I'm just glad you're okay.", he'd reply.

"Can't wait to see what that Beedrill can do.", Thomas told the woman, before stepping back, and allowing Ripper to step forward.

tags:
notes: 3/3
GIMMICK: Z-Move

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 22:49:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin could barely hear even the sound of the starting horn over not one, but two giant bugs buzzing their wings. She put in her earplugs she used when she rode her flying insects. Even with them, the buzzing was still quite audible. She would have time to catch up with Thomas after their bout.

Having learned how to handle Pokémon with metallic armor, Queen Zing knew what to do. Her front foreleg stings whirled like a Rhydon's horn. Thrusting them into Ripper in a DRILL RUN, her goal was to bore through her foe's red, metallic plating deeply enough that her envenomed stinger could find the soft flesh beneath.

Dt_vClYV

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 20:37:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Ripper grinned at the Beedrill, as he stepped up to face the insect. To say that Ripper was eager to do battle was an understatement.

The armored insect lived for this.

The Scizor attempted to sidestep the Drill Run, before grabbing the Beedrill with his pincer. If he managed to get her trapped in the improvised Bug Bite, he'd follow up with a throw to the ground.

PcQx4PcZ

tags:
notes: 3/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 20:57:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The whirling stings landed at an oblique angle, sliding off the Scizor's metal armor and failing to find purchase. Ripper's pincers clamped down on Queen Zing, a loud cracking sound making Shalin wince. Her carapace already cracked, her trainer's hand had been forced early. Raising her fingers to the Key Stone embedded in her MEGA CIRCLET, both she and her partner glowed with the light of MEGA EVOLUTION.

The larger form perhaps putting pressure on Ripper's pincers, the red bug would have to hold on tight to be able to make the throw it wanted to. It might not get the chance, with Queen Zing furiously buzzing her enlarged wings as hard as she could. While the TAILWIND would not whisk her away unless she could escape, the vibration might rock and ring Ripper's metal armor -- and the body wearing it!

YFck3y34+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 3}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 21:41:19 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Ripper gritted his teeth as the Beedrill began to vibrate. He could feel the vibrations coursing through his body, threatening to scramble his insides, if he didn't let go soon.

Instead of going through with his original plan, Ripper instead attempted to hastily bat back the Beedrill with a Bullet Punch, as he let go.

sCxxhrW3

tags:
notes: 2/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 21:56:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The vibration was clearly grating for Ripper to endure, and perhaps even Thomas, too. Shalin, through use of her Sygna Suit, was used to vibration like that. Even when not wearing it, she could handle a little rumbling from her Kommo-o. If anything, being exposed to it was fun for her.

The BULLET PUNCH's strength was mitigated by Queen Zing flying away from it as it smacked her. The cacophony of angry buzzing would be joined by the sound of whirling stings. Zipping toward Ripper in a DRILL RUN that was doubly powerful thanks to her four stings instead of two, sparks would fly between them if they caught purchase on this second attempt.

crbegwsW+20

Mega Evolution 2/2!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 23:16:47 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Scizor grinned as he looked on at the Mega Evolved Beedrill. The four stingers on the insect looked properly intimidating. The sight which only caused the Scizor's blood to further boil.

As the bee charged him with another Drill Run, the Scizor ran at her, attempting to trade blows, and smack her down with a Brutal Swing.

VtM0xvyY

tags:
notes: 1/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 0:06:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Learning where Ripper's weak point was, the wasp's drills were able to find purchase this time. Sparks flew as the whirling stings drilled into the red, metal armor, sounding like a construction site. The noise was loud enough that it could even be heard alongside the bee's already loud buzzing.

Ripper's BRUTAL SWING smacked her away, but the damage had already been zone. There was now a glaring weak point in his armor, and one Queen Zing was eager to take advantage of, even after she reverted out of her apex form. Raising her rear toward one of the holes she had drilled, she thrust her FELL STINGER outward. Were it to find squishy flesh beneath that armor, the burning sensation might be too much for even the ex-Elite Four's ace to handle.

1lPtSbUy

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 1:10:51 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Ripper was too slow, as the Beedrill was able to create a weak spot in his armor. The Scizor was in trouble, and he knew it. Despite this, the Scizor remained as defiant as ever, ready to take on the Beedrill.

As the Beedrill attempted to strike him down with a Fell Stinger, the Scizor attempted to leap to the side, before smacking the Beedrill with a quick Bullet Punch.

mvHsdqio

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 2:19:38 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The BRUTAL SWING smashed into Queen Zing like a flyswatter, her hard carapace unable to protect her from the impact of Ripper's metallic pincers. Now, both of them had their armor cracked, weak points exposed. Shalin couldn't take advantage of Mega Evolution to patch up her Pokémon's carapace, either.

All she needed was one more blow, no matter how small, to push the Scizor over the edge. Even a single TWINEEDLE, if it were to find the gap Queen Zing had created, could be the difference maker. Keeping her distance as the clock wound down, she hovered shakily, firing a haphazard barrage of the poisonous projectiles Ripper's way. All it would take would be a single lucky hit, Shalin felt, and she would walk away a winner.

n_Irl9Iy

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:34:26 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Both fighters were at the edge. Scizor concentrated on the cracks in the Beedrill's carapace. Despite the newly formed weak spots in his armor, the Scizor remained defiant.

Thomas began to concentrate power through the Scizor. Proof of their bond, Z-Power coursed through the Scizor's pincers. With one final rush, the Scizor began to run at the Beedrill, attempting to strike down the bug with an All Out Pummeling from his steely pincers.

6KthEJXD +50

tags:
GIMMICK: Z-Move Activated

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:44:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin's time had run out, unable to watch as the ALL-OUT PUMMELING loudly cracked Queen Zing's carapace. With such a decisive blow, Thomas was presented the judge's green flag, declared the winner. "Hey, I made it close! Like I had a shot against someone like you to begin with," she humbly joked.

Healing time was a concern; with how powerful the Z-Move was, there might not be enough time to get her Pokémon into top shape. With a wave, Shalin was off in a frantic rush, hoping a machine would be open.

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:50:42 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The All Out Pummeling, his Hail Mary ploy, worked. The Beedrill fell, and Ripper was barely able to stand. Once the green flag was waved in his favor, he finally slumped over, breathing heavily. He was grateful for the opportunity to battle such a tough opponent.

"Shalin, you did a great job. You came damn close.", he'd assure her. "I think you have what it takes to make it to the top!"

Thomas allowed Shalin to get her Beedrill to a machine.

tags:
VICTORY

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 2:53:04 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: