TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
VCT: Ash vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 21:28:41 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

This tournament really wasn't going in Ashley's favor. The losses were always painful, and though he was really enjoying the thrill of the fight, he was having trouble enjoying himself more and more as time went on.[break][break]

Maybe it was too exhausting, but as he throws his head back, and stares at Law, he sees the little bear's endless workout drive. How he might be able to get back into it someday soon.[break][break]

Law really was just a good boy. Ashley decided to do something nice for him here, on this city street. "Hey" Ash asks with a smile towards a random passerby, and gestures to his Kubfu. "My Kubfu has this insatiable battle lust... you cool if we throwdown?" All of Lilycove was open after all.[break][break]

The Kubfu's eyes light up, as he flips into the air, landing and ready to go, bouncing on his feet, as he stares towards their potential opponent.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, ACCOMPANYING TRACK: Light the Fire Up in the Night: Kagejikan[break]
- GIMMICK: N/A, +10 to any 0-ending roll, +30 on 100.[break]
- HP: 3/3[break]
- Wanting to do something nice for his little battle-crazy Kubfu, Ashley approaches someone on the street.[break]
- Law the Kubfu leaps in, excitement in every movement and expression.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 21:45:57 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Mhm."

Hideo tried to say "ok", but his mouth was stuffed with half a hotdog, the other half still sitting in his hand. It took him a few seconds to swallow, and a few seconds after that before he could give a coherent answer.

"Yeah, sure." Most of his matches had been planned beforehand, but he wouldn't mind a surprise battle. His Beheeyem was already out, serving as his eyes as it always did.

He quickly downed the other half of the hotdog, taking a few steps back so he wouldn't get caught in the ensuing battle. A quick brush of the hands, and he donned his Z-ring.

"Ready when you are!"

Chosen Gimmick: Z-move (+50 to one roll)

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 22:14:02 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Oh. Right, he remembered that one. Ashley sees the Z-ring. Didn't have one of those too? He rubs his head. That one was troublesome...[break][break]

When called out that he was ready when Ash was, Ash nods, and he nods to Law. "Alright bud, standard opene-"[break][break]

Immediate FOCUS ENERGY stomp onto the ground, leap forward, and AERIAL ACE divekick.[break][break]

Ashley didn't even have time to finish.[break][break]

"-r."[break][break]

iPsy8JEz

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 3/3[break]
- Ashley sees the Z-Ring, oooh neat. He nods to Hideo, and tells Law to go for the standard opener.[break]
- Only to be interrupted by that foot stomp FOCUS ENERGY and AERIAL ACE divekick COMBO.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 0:29:24 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The moment the Kubfu stomped the ground, the Beheeyem erected a Reflective shield around itself; it already knew how an Urushifu fought, hearing the story from Hideo and his battle against . Its unevolved form would likely be the same.

Though it did make sure to inform Hideo their opponent was already on the offensive, to give Hideo enough time to think up an answer - though it already knew what Hideo would likely order. "Strike back!" was the boy's quick answer.

The Beheeyem would do just that, aiming a blast of Psychic energy at the oncoming Kubfu.

HP: 3/3

iZpVZn3W

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 0:36:10 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Oh SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-[break][break]

As the Kubfu slams into the REFLECT, he can feel the PSYCHIC blast coming quickly, Law is tossed away, with a tumble, flipping now from the damage, and grabbing a streetlight to spin once, twice, three time-[break][break]

And a big divebomb IRON HEAD, spinning to get the literal heads-up on the Beheeyem.[break][break]

Round isn't anywhere close to over![break][break]

eoY14uSk

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 2/3[break]
- Law uses the PSYCHIC blast back for a little gymnastics, spinning once, twice, three times before leaping into the air.[break]
- Heads up! IRON HEAD vertical DROP.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 1:07:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The first strike was theirs - but it was far too early to celebrate; Hideo also knew just how tough an Urushifu could be, so he wasn't surprised that the Kubfu was still going strong after Elga's attack hit.

The Kubfu was now coming for an Iron Head, and if that attack got through, it would get the Beheeyem's rather-sizeable own head.

So the Beheeyem let out a strange sound, a Round sounding out to try and push the Kubfu back.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/910521794220408882/Cosmos_Sing.wav?ex=65b11080&is=659e9b80&hm=df204e40f78e11b07da3993269dc3e5d1b4d18e0f98cb2bb8159ffe05508cbae&[/player]

HP: 3/3

B1_5xVLL

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 4:20:57 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Pushing back on this before it was a problem was nice, and what with the ROUND, it attempts to mess with the Kubfu's head. The good news? That Kubfu's head was made of some tough stuff, as he attempts to push through for his Iron Head.[break][break]

As soon as he lands, the Kubfu is quick to roundhouse kick for an AERIAL ACE, attempting to smack it away for some distance![break][break]

39q24LmZ

[break][break]

NOTES

- As Law powers through the ROUND with his head, he lands.[break]
- And now. ROUNDHOUSE KICK AERIAL ACE!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 16:13:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
That Round didn't go as well as the Psychic, the Iron Head landing with an audible *bonk*. Hideo could feel the headache that gave his Beheeyem from where he stood.

He'd have to make up for it later. For now - focus on the fight. At least he Reflect it put up earlier helped weaken the blow.

The Beheeyem attempted to counter the Aerial Ace with a quick Rock Tomb, attempting to gain the distance itself by pushing the Kubfu back with a glob of stones.

HP: 2/3

kcM1hT6n

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 6:39:34 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Doing his best to smash down upon the rocks, Law punches them with an ORA ORA ORA ORA to smack the rocks out of the air before they could encase Law into the tomb, fists bruised in red, as he throws rocks into the ground, and charges back.[break][break]

"All or nothing!"[break][break]

Ash throws his fist upwards to the sky.[break][break]

CLOSE COMBAT? Don't mind if he does. The flurry of blows is fast, faster, even faster, as Law attempts to down him in one go.[break][break]

g7rhrQtn

[break][break]

NOTES

- Time to JoJo punch those rocks away, before the big attack.[break]
- CLOSE COMBAT ORA ORA ORA on the Beheeyem, to take the alien DOWN!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 0:18:58 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Rock Tomb did slow down his opponent - even managing to hurt its fists in the process. But they'd need to do more than give the Kubfu a knuckle workout if they wanted to win this fight.

And it seemed the Kubfu was going for one, big attack. Type advantage or not, Hideo wasn't eager to let his Beheeyem get caught by the attack.

With no time to pull off a Z-move, Hideo shouted his order: "Push them back!"

The Beheeyem focused Psychic energy towards the Kubfu, aiming to push it back.

Would it be enough? Would it get the attack off in time?

HP: 1/3

boU|gOKc

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 5:09:46 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

The PSYCHIC keeps the bear back, the type advantage pushing him back, but Law roars out, attempting to harness whatever he can. Focusing every little bit forward, his only desire to race through the blast, and win.[break][break]

Breaking free, the Kubfu, bruised up, runs forward in a loud pitter-patter, and goes for a jumpkick, diving downwards to make one final AERIAL ACE.[break][break]

All. Or nothing.[break][break]

gzYtnaba

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 1/3 - CRITICAL[break]
- AH. That PSYCHIC makes the bone hurty juice. But Law is coming in with that AERIAL ACE roundhouse kick![break]
- IT's all or nothing baby, DOWN TO THE WIRE DONT FAIL ME NOW

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 13:21:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The risk paid off, the Beheeyem pushing the Kubfu back in the nick of time. It'd give Hideo enough time to use an actual Z-move, the ring on his wrist glowing brightly as the energy transferred over to the Beheeyem. It glowed brightly, a Z-Calm Mind enveloping the Beheeyem.

Once that Kubfu was in the air, the Beheeyem pointed its arm towards it, aiming one last Psychic blast for the airborne bear.

Though that Z-move didn't guarantee it'd be a KO - Hideo seemed to be right about just how tough a Kubfu could be.

w4zH1p_K+50

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 21:26:24 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Ah. This was what battles were about, after all. As Ashley watches the Beheeyem and the Trainer use their Z-move, all Ash can do is watch. Law, with little to no chance, is blasted with that super PSYCHIC, the bear landing on all fours after the blast connects.[break][break]

It's not a knockout until seconds later, when Law's adrenaline runs out. But almost like clockwork, the moment he begins to fall, Ash is already present, holding him in his arms, and cradling him like a baby.[break][break]

"Good fight, dude. Gave Law a good workout." He shoots Hideo a smile, petting the little Kubfu who was now snoring quietly.[break][break]

Every loss is not a total defeat. Ash will do much better next year.

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 0/3 - CRITICAL - DEFEAT[break]
- As Law is blasted, the poor bear falls, Ashley already there to hold him up.[break]
- Ash is happy enough. Law got what he was looking for, and Ash knows that as the Kubfu sleeps, he keeps getting better each fight.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 2:40:44 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
He could have gone for a Shattered Psyche Z-move against the Kubfu instead, but that would risk damaging the alley they were in; it wasn't a proper arena, so proper discretion was needed.

But the risk paid off. "Yeah, it was a good match! Think I might've lost that one if I didn't have a Z-move handy." Heck, he was even luckier his opponent didn't pull out a similar gimmick of their own.

It proved just how tough legendary Pokemon could be in spite of their size - as if he needed to prove that after watching Uxie in action against Urushifu.

"If you're ever looking for a rematch, feel free to try out the Gym I run in Littleroot! I got a feeling your Kubfu'll want one."

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 20:03:54 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: