awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
Tail Six; Versus Howard [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 5:11:06 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Another day, another fight - Tsukiko was still feeling good, especially with her prior victory; and really, those good feelings were becoming infectious for Makoto.

Perhaps today would bring forth another win, too, they wondered?

Though, in stepping up to the arena, Makoto would be a bit surprised by who they saw at the other end. "Howard?" They murmured with a couple of blinks. He was here too? "You... don't strike me as someone interested in tournaments," They mused out loud - before glancing to his partner. "Unless... you're letting them burn off some energy..?"

That was what had brought them here at first, at the very least. Tsukiko was a bit high-maintenance, if they didn't give her something to do regularly enough - and she seemed invested in the festivities, so this was the perfect activity for her.
Gimmick: Tera (+15 to even rolls)
HP: 3/3

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 19:58:58 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Hey, Makoto." Howard raised a hand in greeting. The archaeologist looked like he had lost a fight with a hurricane. With Thundurus flying around, he probably had. "I'm covering for Howard Slate. Without the 'y'."

It almost seemed like a joke that Howard would tell. His idea of a joke was replacing 's lunch with Gummi Bewears, after all.

"I'm hoping to burn Serizawa out. He's getting too bratty and almost broke my leg this morning." Not only that, but the Larvitar had almost thrown him out the window in a fit of rage. That wasn't optimal when Howard was organizing several Rocket cover stalls across Lilycove.

Work and play were melding together.

"Hey, Tsukiko!" Howard told the Ninetales happily, before taking a step back. "I'll let you take the first move, Makoto."

3/3

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 0:34:07 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
At the mention of Serizawa's roughhousing tendencies, they'd blink a bit, before letting out a sympathetic sigh. "Well, here's hoping then." They spoke - hoping that the next time they run into him, he isn't suddenly wearing a cast. Really, for all the benefits that came his way - such as his promotion, and Regice - it seemed like poor Howard was a magnet for bad luck sometimes.

As he greeted Tsukiko though, the fox would perk up - tails wagging - before dropping into a playbow. She was ready to go! Let's go! Let's play!

Which, Makoto took the invitation to make the first move with a nod. Bringing out their Tera Orb, they would terastallize the Alolan Ninetales - her lavender fur becoming more brilliantly violet from taking on the Dragon-type.

Energized like this, Tsukiko would waste no time in bouncing forth - her tails going ablaze with draconic flames, as she tried to slam them into Serizawa in a Dragon Hammer!
8Pzw8vzM

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 20:47:52 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Here's hoping." He said hollowly, toasting them with an empty cheer. You could only be so excited at the prospect of having your femur snapped like a twig. "Best of luck!"

Dragon, eh? Not a bad type to change to, given Serizawa's type matchup. Howard hoped that Serizawa's brutish nature would be enough to overcome a disadvantage. Makoto was tough, though. There was a reason had picked them up for Nebula. What was the best move to use in this situation?

"Serizawa, use Stone Ed-"

"TAR!" Serizawa used Earthquake instead, smashing his fist against the ground after being smacked about by Dragon Hammer. Instead of dodging, the Larvitar had elected to tank the hit. After being smacked, Serizawa decided to have a temper tantrum.

"See? I told you!" Howard shouted as his bones trembled. "He doesn't listen!"

3/3 (no mechanic)
fAJ8UXzz

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 8:53:33 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
The earth begins to heave, and Makoto has to hang onto a railing to avoid tumbling over. "I-I see what you mean?!" They exclaimed with a hue of alarm; how could such a young pokemon have that much firepower??

In that moment, they are feeling extreme sympathy for Howard. At least their trouble pokemon are larger than a toddler.

Tsukiko, however, seems to take it all in stride. Even as the ground beneath cracks and heaves, she is able to maintain her balance - leaping from 'plate' to 'plate' to stay on solid ground and avoid being caught up in the attack! Despite the danger from this troublesome tot, her tails wag - a plain show as to her enjoyment.

And amidst this leaping, it is an opportunity to keep close and maintain the offensive. Tsukiko dances circles around Serizawa without a care in the world, fur flowing and tails swishing. The winds begin to howl into a whirlwind - laden with pink petals that are frosted from the snow she gives off - as she lets loose a Springtide Storm!
0yGzbSn0

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 6:32:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"SERIZAWAAAAA!" Howard's voice rattled as the tremors continued. At least somebody finally got the struggle. Looking someone in the eye and telling them you were being abused by a Larvitar either led to hysterical laughter or worried stares.

Serizawa would be a monster when he evolved, but Howard likely wouldn't live to see the day.

At least Tsukiko was dancing around, dodging the tremors with the deftness of a fox. A chilling move would put Serizawa on the back foot, but there wasn't anything the Larvitar wasn't prepared for.

"TAAAAAAAAAR!?" Serizawa yowled, which Howard translated as 'WHY FOX HAVE SPRING STORM?'

Admittedly, his Larvitarese was pretty spotty. He hadn't taken that elective in college. He'd need to ask for a valid translation.

Jagged rocks erupted from the ground to counter the storm and strike Tsukiko, indicating the use of Stone Edge.

2/3 (no mechanic)
BFS7KG1_

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 21:30:08 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
The Stone Edge didn't do much to stop the storm from whipping about and envelopping Serizawa - and hearing the startled yowl of the Larvitar... Tsukiko couldn't help but wag her tails and bark out a foxlike laugh - something that could roughly translate to 'I'm simply built different' and 'git gud'.

Which, considering everything else Tsukiko had going for her - being Ilumina, knowing Dragon Hammer and Wish, and the like - wasn't too far from the truth.

But in any case, just because the Stone Edge couldn't stop the storm, didn't mean that the storm necessarily stopped the Stone Edge. Tsukiko would still attempt to bounce about to dodge away from the spikes that Serizawa brought up.

And in an attempt to further press the advantage, Tsukiko brought forth another Dragon Hammer to both try and shatter any spikes that got too close for comfort, and to smack the terror tot hopefully one last time.
5N8wmGF4

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 10:08:44 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Watching Serizawa get thrashed about sucked, that was true. Yet there was also something satisfying about watching the little demon get punted into the stratosphere by a fox with moves as diverse Nebula's team. Watching Tsukiko dance playfully through a broad array of strikes was hilarious.

At least it would be, if Howard's femur wasn't at risk of being cracked after this was over. If Serizawa could learn from this, the little monster would be indestructible when he evolved.

Howard thought of Serizawa's father, Junior. 's Tyranitar that had come out mentally stunted due to a grueling training regime. Would Serizawa turn out the same way?

"TAR!" Serizawa's maw opened into a Hyper Beam with the intention of countering the Dragon Hammer. A final hail mary pass at striking the fox.

1/3 (no mechanic) + 10 (30)
FP4q4EqJ

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 11:43:48 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
As it turned out, there was only so much Tsukiko could do against a Hyper Beam in such close quarters. She is sent flying across the battlefield, tumbling for a couple of bounces before she manages to find her footing once more. A bit shaken, but still very much ready to keep fighting.

Huh. She supposed that Serizawa has gotten gud.

Makoto, too, can't help but blink a couple of times at seeing the Hyper Beam come out - being far more used to evolved pokemon being able to use it, rather than this little baby! "Wh... Where did you even find him?" They question, vaguely concerned.

They felt like they'd want to stay well away from wherever the Larvitar came from. Because clearly, there'd likely be more.

Seeing that there were plenty of destructive moves at his employ, she would decide to let loose a powerful move of her own. At her beck and call, the winds began to howl and whip into a storm, as she let loose a Blizzard upon Serizawa..!
HP: 2/3
e_ZAvEHj

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 19:00:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"A member of the Elite Four gave me his egg when I told him to become a hero."

It sounded more dramatic than it actually was. In actuality, the two had shared a six pack of beers while watching Navy's Tyranitar clash with Howard's Aerodactyl. There, they had talked about the purpose of history, fear, and the nature of heroes.

And the way that Howard Slayte would die.

"I try not to think about what he can do too much. It gets in the way of being insane." Howard tapped his temple with a weary grin. Serizawa himself was buffeted by the blizzard, being launched backward slightly. After a moment of recovery, he lunged forward, attempting to chomp on Tsukiko's tail with Crunch.

1/3 (no mechanic)
Ax1shlCS

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 5:25:44 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Though Serizawa attempts to lunge, it's hard to run forward against a storm. The Blizzard howls and shrieks with powerful winds, and Tsukiko - seemingly unaffected by those very same winds - dances about and away from the Larvitar until victory is certain.

Howard's humor, meanwhile, gets an amused exhale through the nose from Makoto - though it trails into a sigh. "Why does it feel like you're a magnet for bad luck sometimes?" They question, equal parts still a bit amazed that he's had to deal with so much thus far, and also sympathetic to his struggles.

But, as the final clash resolves, Makoto steps forward to pat Tsukiko on the head with a soft "Good girl." And glancing to Howard, they'd smile and add "And good fight. Hopefully that'll tucker him out, for a bit?"

That was their prayer for him, at least.
HP: 2/3

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 5:59:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You see, Makoto," Howard waggled a finger at them. "It's because I made bad decisions that come back to haunt me. For example, make sure you don't take four student loans to get through eight years of schooling. Not a particularly smart decision."

Bad financial decisions aside, Howard sighed as he returned Serizawa to his ball. After inspecting it for a moment, the archaeologist shrugged and clipped it to his belt. The wonderful thing about being poor on the field is that he didn't have to feel surprised when he lost.

"I hope it keeps him knocked out. I'm gonna go crash in my hotel room. He hasn't let me sleep in..." Howard peered at his watch and sighed. "Thirty-one hours."

Howard whirled around and raised his hat as he walked off.

"Toodles."

0/3 (defeat)
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 3:02:27 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: