TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
vct: illeana vs roy (rematch)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 20:52:36 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]

[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
"Couldn't get enough of me, huh?" He shrugged, making a joke of the situation.

They bumped into each other again and of course she wanted a rematch. The previous battle was close enough to warrant one. Roy was capable of both pettiness and revenge, but he was really only here to measure the power of his Key Stone. His willingness to participate in the rematch was built solely out of good will. She needed this more than he did.

"We'll make it just as quick as the last one."

Balmung accompanied his trainer's grin with a roar of his own. It echoes across the arena and promotes the battle to the nearby audience.

[attr="class","postruinspkmn"]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 22:35:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she feigns deliberation, though the small grin gives her away regardless.

"mmm you could say that, sure."

truthfully, she wanted to challenge him again to see if his win was a mere fluke... though she wouldn't necessarily deny enjoying his company either.

"quick for your defeat, maybe."

her eevee barks excitedly, tail wagging as it stares up at his familiar charizard. the dynamax band on her wrist sits idle for now, reminiscent of their previous match. and with the universe as her witness, she'll come out on top today.

"when you're ready..."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 21:21:17 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"Alright, Balmung, let's go easy on them this time." He mocks the fox yapping away on the battlefield.

The dragon responds with an upbeat snarl and rampages forward. This time, he doesn't use his wings to initiate combat. He doesn't need them for this. His prey is far too weak for it to matter.

"Try and dodge this one."

With both hands in his pockets, it's only his smirk that guides the assault. Using his momentum as an advantage, the dragon unleashes a single claw towards the helpless vulpine. As the talons cut through the air, the fist is empowered with electricity.

[attr="class","postruinsart"]
[attr="class","postruinsartdrk"]
[attr="class","postruinsartlght"]

Balmung used Thunder Punch.

[attr="class","postruinsdice"]OrIPrd_O
3/3

[attr="class","postruinnote"]Mega Evolution users receive a +20 modifier to any two consecutive rolls. These two rolls cannot be split.

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 21:35:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she looks mildly irritated at the comment.

"easy on us?"

tch. has he forgotten already?

"you barely won last time."

her eevee darts out of the way just in time to miss the full brunt of electric punch. the attack clips her side, sure, but it doesn't sting as badly as a head on blow would have. and for that, the eevee is content enough to keep darting around as she fires off round after round of swift to keep his charizard busy. dynamax sits idle, ready for the next turn.

k1pfrPLc

hp: 4/4

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 20:54:54 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

The eevee is fast, but not fast enough. As she avoids around the dragon's strike, residual bits of sparks and energy still take their toll on her. This doesn't do much other than encourage her to lash out again, much like her trainer.

"Who're you trying to convince?" His question was rhetorical in nature. Like before, you can hear his smirk through his tone. He knows her tricks and he knows he's fully capable of winning this battle.

Balmung acts without orders. First, he uses his wings to protect against the barrage of stars. Then he moves onto the offensive. As his wing opens from its place as a shield, another voltage-powered fist is suddenly revealed to the tiny unsuspecting fox. Similar to the punch before, the dragon only uses the weight of his thighs to strengthen his attack.

[attr="class","postruinsdice"]6KFf_TN9
3/3

[attr="class","postruinnote"]Mega Evolution users receive a +20 modifier to any two consecutive rolls. These two rolls cannot be split.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 21:12:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"you."

surely not herself...

her dynamax band flashes red and after a moment, red energy begins to overtake the arena as it swirls around her eevee. the eevee begins to grow in size as his charizard lunges with another electric punch. the newly gigantamax'd eevee's fur absorbs enough of the blow for it to not be damning, but it still stings all the same.

and with his charizard still within arms reach for now, the eevee grabs for it with both paws to pull it closer. if it manages to grab the charizard fully, the dragon will be brought into its fur with a crushing g-max cuddle to deal both damage and leave it infatuated.

Tafu9wRD

hp: 3/4

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 21:40:01 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"That won't work this time."

He's right. Dynamax caught him off guard last time, but it won't work this time. He's prepared. Now he knows what's to expect.

Balmung's blow makes contact this time, but the giant behemoth's furry exterior consumes it as if it was nothing. This new threat carried no weight. Like a master of the craft, the dragon simply backsteps to avoid the gigantic attack. With enough space between him and his opponent, the trainer is able to activate Balmung's trump card.

"Your turn."

Immediately, the dragon is consumed by a light that quickly shifts to a cerulean blaze. A demon of hellfire is expelled through that same inferno with an appearance similar to the dragon that entered it. Balmung had transformed via the stone in his partner's palm. This was the power of Mega Evolution.

Leaving no room for the cuddly creature to react, the demon went airborne at maximum velocity. Taking advantage of the normal-type's size, Balmung made laps around his target, looking for the perfect weak spot to unleash his attack.

Then he found it. With a new fist, he strikes out again but now his talons are consumed in something other than electricity. This time it's a draconic power that's channeled through his strike.

Balmung used Dragon Hammer.

[attr="class","postruinsdice"]6Qw1IWt2 +20
3/3

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 21:47:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she lets out a noise of frustration, as if things are falling apart at the seams.

in a way, they kind of are.

she had gone into this thinking they were almost equals - she had thought wrong. he's pulling out on top and all she can do for now is simply watch.

his charizard avoids her eevee's attack and begins to circle it, more predator to her eevee's prey. the scientist watches as her eevee is struck by dragon hammer. and as the eevee swings back, head swirling still from the dragon hammer, the giant eevee looks to retaliate with a g-max cuddle slap just like their last fight.

2jCsLPNT

hp: 2/4

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 22:56:42 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

She underestimated him. Their initial encounter was on equal footing and both of them were unaware of each other's strengths and weaknesses. Roy was new to Dynamax and this put him at a clear disadvantage to the scientist. Even if he did ultimately win their first battle, it was likely due to a fluke. However, the woman no longer had the advantage of mystery on her side. Roy had her all figured out.

"Finish this."

Just like the attack that ended their battle before, Balmung ascended to an area that extended far beyond the vulpine's reach. As he reaches the peak of his ascension, his body is blanketed in a sapphire shimmer. A loud howl warns the spectators of the incoming attack as his body starts its decent towards the eevee below. The blueish glow turns into a draconic inferno that trails behind the demon as if he's some sort of comet.

Balmung used Outrage.

[attr="class","postruinsdice"]mCBc9jn2 +20
3/3

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 23:37:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the battle reaches its climax, she sees no way out of the hole they have dug themselves. only defeat awaits her now, worse than before and packed with a mild sting.

she can merely watch as his charizard's outrage plummets down at her eevee. the gigantamax eevee will not go down without a fight, surely, but can max phantasm hope to stop the dragon?

outrage and max phantasm collide in a dazzling display of shadows and light, causing smoke to expand across the arena. when it clears... she fears her eevee will be down in the dirt, small and unconscious.

QRq2VcvJ

hp: 1/4

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 0:02:50 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Both shadow and flame coat the battlefield in a glorious spectacle of light and darkness. As the fireworks end, a giant cloud of smoke erupts over the arena floor. The audience's applause is drowned by their gasps. Was it over? Did the boy and his charizard succeed?

Once the smoke cleared, the winner was apparent. Reverted to his previous form, the dragon is the last one standing in the combat zone. Balmung is the victor.

Roy's famous grin triggers the crowd again. Any sound in the vicinity is now drowned by their cheers and clapping hands. Instead of returning his dragon to a ball to conclude the battle, the champion marches towards his opponent on the other side.

"I didn't get to ask last time." He jokes, revealing a mobile phone from his pocket. "Can I get your number?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 0:13:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the smoke clears and his charizard still stands strong, with her defeated eevee laying at its feet. after a few moments, the eevee comes to and begins to lick fur back into place as if comforting itself after its defeat.

and before she can move to collect her eevee, roy begins to make his way across the field. he approaches her instead of his charizard and despite herself, she stares.

"my number?"

a blink follows before it clicks. and then, a light amused laugh chimes out of the scientist.

"yeah, i guess you earned it."

she plucks his mobile phone from his hand and inputs her name followed by her number and sends a little text to herself to collect his number in return before handing the device back over. she moves, then, to collect her eevee and hold the small fox close. somehow, just as she's leaving, she manages to flash him a genuine smile over her shoulder.

"see you soon, maybe."

hp: 0/4

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 22:49:01 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: