Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
VCT: Shred VS Cian - SHRIAN AFTERNOON
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 9:12:24 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Mmm. Nothing like a Hamburger off the Burger Kingler™ saver menu to celebrate a battle hard fought. Savouring this fast food is a rare moment of peace amidst the otherwise hectic Vital City Tournament, and you're not taking this flame-grilled feast for granted. After all, it's cheap, it's filling, and there's not a pickle to be found upon the patty! It's just about as close to perfect as two Pokedollars will get you, and frankly, that's good enough for you.

Unfortunately, that's not good enough for Meltan. Partially, that's because his diet consists mostly of metal, and though your burger is rich in iron, it's hardly the ideal meal for your partner. Mainly, though, it's because he's too busy looking for prospective opponents to think about snacking at a time like this. Fortunately for him, and unfortunately for you...

"look mr shred ヽ(°〇°)ノ an opponent!"

...You didn't even get to finish your burger before he found another batle to be fought. Tch. Sigh. Etcetera. Oh well, you suppose you'll have plenty of time to finish it while Meltan is fighting. Who knows? If you're lucky, he might even wrap this up before you're done.

"Hey, you! You ready for a fight?"

Gimmick, TERA; +15 on Even Rolls.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 9:26:40 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tripleh handsomehoennhotshot"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"me? ready? man, i was born ready."[break][break]

reading 's name off his phone, he knows this to be his next opponent, and so he nods at his froakie, instructing it to be as ready as he is.[break][break]

"we got this in the bag!"[break][break]

froakie readies itself.

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".handsomehoennhotshot"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".tripleh"] --accent: #7C6678 } .tripleh b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .tripleh { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .tripleh i { color: var(--accent); } .tripleh u { color: var(--accent); } .tripleh .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .tripleh .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .tripleh .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .tripleh .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tripleh .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .tripleh .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .tripleh .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 11:32:47 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
He's got this in the bag? Yeah, the garbage bag, maybe.

...See, this is the kind of high-level trash talk you'd be bringing to this battle if you weren't busy with your burger. Hard to trade witty barbs when you've got a mouthful of beef and bread. Still, what are you supposed to do, not eat it? Hell no. If you don't bite while the burger is hot, it's going to get cold, and you'd sooner die than suffer through a cold burger.

But enough about the burger for now. There's a Pokemon battle to be had, and Meltan is more than ready to fight.

"go (ノ>ω<)ノ人人人人人人人人 meltan thunder!"

Electricity crackles through his melting body, before Meltan thrusts his tiny hands forward, firing out a Thunder Wave in an attempt to paralyse the Froakie.

N6sXacgH + 15 = 21.
Meltan is on 3/3 HP.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 5:00:46 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

garbage bag or otherwise, he knows he's walking away with a win today, even if it comes at the cost of his pride; not much exists, anyway, not after his debacle with a particular councilwoman.[break][break]

"SPREAD EM!"[break][break]

thankfully, froakie knows cian doesn't mean its cheeks, but rather, DOUBLE TEAM. clones split across the battlefield, taking the THUNDER WAVE in the real froakie's stead to allow it to fire back a HYDRO PUMP against 's meltan.[break][break]

6E_OGeUf[BREAK]
+10 FROM SYGNA SUIT[BREAK]
HP: 3/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".tripleh"] --accent: #7C6678 } .tripleh b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .tripleh { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .tripleh i { color: var(--accent); } .tripleh u { color: var(--accent); } .tripleh .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .tripleh .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .tripleh .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .tripleh .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tripleh .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .tripleh .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .tripleh .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 13:01:05 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
...What the FUCK did he just say?!

The whole "spread 'em" thing really catches you off-guard. You feel like you've been clobbered over the back of the head with a brick. You honestly just don't know how you're even supposed to respond to it. Whatever it was supposed to mean, it ends up being a powerful distraction technique, as when Froakie performs his Double Team into Hydro Pump combo, both you and Meltan are caught completely off-guard.

"(°ロ°) uh oh!"

FWOOSH! Meltan is caught by the Hydro Pump and washed away, slipping and sliding across the street. However, it'll take more than a little water to put a stop to him. Shaking off any excess wetness, your partner fires off a second blast of electricity, this time in the form of a Thunder Shock.

gEwBemft
Meltan LOSES last round. 2/3 HP Remaining.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 16:50:38 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

just as expected, cian's tomfoolery pays off, managing to confuse enough to buy froakie space to land a clean HYDRO PUMP.[break][break]

having taken away a life, froakie feels confident, ready to face anything, even a THUNDER SHOCK.[break][break]

"TONGUE TONGUE TONGUE!"[break][break]

familiar with the order, froakie LICKS the ground, changing type in time to contend with the damage. its tongue whips toward meltan shortly after.[break][break]

h7q0_G1l[BREAK]
HP: 3/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 22:45:59 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
You've licked a good few batteries in your time. Strictly for business, mind, rarely for leisure. It's not a particularly pleasurable experience, what with the electricity and all. And really, what is a Meltan if not a conductor for electricity? Plus, getting melting metal on your tongue probably isn't particularly pleasant, either. You once accidentally took a sip of lead-based paint. Didn't end well for you...

...Look, this is all just a roundabout way of saying that his Froakie got the shit shocked out of it. What would you expect? He was trying to lick the equivelant of a live wire. There was no way it was going to end well for it.

"ew (メ﹏メ) knock it off!"

It did gross out Meltan, though. Personally, you're more grossed out by his trainer. SPREAD 'EM this, TONGUE TONGUE TONGUE that, what horrible, terrible, no good thing was he going to say next?

xqAmO3Wm + 15 = 29
Meltan is on 2/3 HP.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 10:30:38 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

with the score down to two-two, brings it back, finding a way to contend with the LICK.[break][break]

"keep going! don't stop!"[break][break]

he cheers, doing all he can do to keep froakie's spirits up as it tries a SMACK DOWN this time instead.[break][break]

w2UNYGhE[BREAK]
HP: 2/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 1:48:45 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
THWACK! Froakie does, indeed, smack down Meltan. It sounds like the kind of exaggerated noise that plays in slapstick when somebody gets hit by a frying pan. It'd be pretty funny, if it weren't for the fact that it signified you were losing. Still, Meltan quickly recovers from the hit and scrambles back, putting a little distance between him and the frog.

Distance that allows for the charging, aiming, and firing of a Flash Cannon. Is it risky? Sure is! If this attack misses or if Froakie dodges it, there's a good chance you just straight-up lose this battle. But if you hit it?

Then you're in the moneyzone.

...Not that this tournament has cash prizing, mind, but in the abstract sense? It's moneyzone.

MSRDFQ8J + 15 = 107
Meltan is on 1/3 HP.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 9:17:21 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

cian blinks.[break][break]

"how the..."[break][break]

because they are evenly matched, neither one of them wanting to give up just yet.[break][break]

fine, he supposes he'll have to pull out the big guns against .[break][break]

he flexes his arm, showing off his bicep.[break][break]

"go on, ribbit-san!"[break][break]

froakie does the same, flexing its bicep, but also shooting a tongue out to try and LICK meltan into submission.[break][break]

_Z3z|vCa[BREAK]
HP: 2/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 19:29:51 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Meltan effortlessly manages to avoid the licks, dodging and weaving the dangerous tongue as though his life depended on it. If even one of those tongues made contact with his melting body, he assuredly would've been knocked out, and the battle would've been all but lost. Yet despite the odds, he avoided the onslaught, and made it through the other side without a drip of saliva touching him.

But the fight wasn't over yet. Not until Froakie was defeated.

"you were a worthy opponent mr toad ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ but it's time for me to defeat you now."

With that, Meltan allowed the electrical energy within his body to flow into the palm of his tiny little hand, before launching it forth in the form of a Thunder Shock.

"meltan chakra sphere!"

fRvGsNJa
Meltan wins last round. 1/3 HP Remaining.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 3:04:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

coming down to the wire, the battle hinges on this final interaction as both sides battle for supremacy. could froakie evade the THUNDER SHOCK in time? will meltan crumble under the pressure?[break][break]

it all comes down to cian, naturally.[break][break]

"believe it!"[break][break]

froakie charges through THUNDER SHOCK to try and SMACK DOWN 's meltan.[break][break]

GysCMJBR[BREAK]
HP: 1/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 20:37:21 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The clash between Meltan and Froakie reaches its climax. Who would win? Who would lose? They were both equally matched, yet could the simple power of a Smack Down overcome the sheer might of a Meltan Chakra Sphere?

Yes. Chakra isn't real. Even you know that.

BONK.

"bweh!" Meltan yelps in pain as he's knocked out by the attack, his head turning to the sky as he flops backwards. Yet as he slips into unconsciousness, he has one last gem of wisdom left to impart: "but its okay ( ̄ε(# ̄) because meltan means one who endures..."

"I don't think it does." You reply, scooping up Meltan and depositing him back into your pocket. Then, you look over towards Cian with a shrug. "Good match, good luck, yadda yadda, see ya round."

With that rather lacklustre word of goodbye, you turn to leave, preparing to finish off the rest of your burger. You didn't end up eating much, since you were preoccupied with the fight. But it was a pretty quick match, so it shouldn't be that cold, right? So, you prepare to take a bite and SPREAD 'EM TONGUE TONGUE SPREAD 'EM TONGUE CLAP 'EM PUMP IT PUMP IT PUMP IT...

...Yeah, no, this burger is ruined. Oh well. Such is life.

0/3 HP Remaining. Meltan loses. Froakie wins the match.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 4:21:01 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"gee gee! that was real fun."[break][break]

he shouts across at , too lazy to approach them because that would mean having to leap across the barriers, land in the sand, and then trudge through.[break][break]

too lazy.[break][break]

"good luck with yours too!"[break][break]

HP: 1/3[break][break]

CIAN WINS!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 3:00:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: