december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[vct] marianne vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 14:11:37 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"Ready for another battle?" Lutgarde asks Sylv, and the black-red dyed Sylveon nods with a happy chirp, feeling the excitement of his trainer through his ribbon. Their next opponent is quick to appear, too, and Lutgarde gives them a welcoming grin.

"Hey there! I'm Lutgarde, and this is my partner Sylv." Sylv's ribbons wave around in greeting, and he chrips friendly at the other duo. "We're ready to battle when you are!"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
couldn't possibly tell you how i feel, cuz i'm shy shy shy
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 14:21:33 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest"]
[attr="class","body"]

This was a refreshingly normal invitation to battle! The person remembered to introduce themselves, their Pokemon was dyed a pretty color but didn't seem scary intimidating or super rare, and they weren't surrounded by cameras like some bigshot talk show host, Barney Flibbertigibbit ().[break][break]

"A battle sounds great!" Marianne said, and this time she mostly meant it. The shock of the early rounds had worn off and she was becoming more comfortable with battling. She'd even won against ![break][break]

Her Klefki chimed softly as it entered the field, looking at the Sylveon curiously.[break][break]

"I'm Marianne, and this is Angel. We're ready when you are!"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Vital City Tournament: Lutgarde vs Marianne!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest"]--accent:#ffb69e;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 14:26:58 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde seems to become a bit more excited upon seeing another Fairy type participating in the battle, and more importantly, this battle! "It's very good to meet you two," they grin, accompanied by confirmative cooes from Sylv as he (unwillingly) unwraps his ribbon from his trainer's wrist.

They also wouldn't let much more time pass, taking the opportunity to make the first move. By now, there's no command required, either, as they start as they started all (or most, at least) other battles! A Quick Attack comes rushing towards Angel, aiming to get the first hit in with rapid speed.

HP: 3/3
Sj4ztifG
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 14:31:33 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Things started out fast! The Sylveon was a red-and-black blur of fur as the Fairy-type collided with her Klefki, who let out a jangle of surprise at being so immediately caught unawares.[break][break]

A blinding FLASH CANNON beamed out from her center, aiming to disorient and distract the other Pokemon as much as to damage it.[break][break]

"I love that you and your Pokemon match!" Marianne said, gesturing at the dark-haired trainer and their Sylveon. "It's cute. I think my Pokemon would riot if I dyed them, though. My Phanpy would be so mad."

[break][break]

XP4oF1Ua

Klefki HP: 2/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 14:39:11 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Sylv's quickness manages to get the first hit in, but the Flash Cannon is not to be underestimated either. The Sylveon uses the momentum of the Quick Attack to get away as quickly a possible, and sets up a Light Screen in his path - he's not sure how physics work in this case, but maybe the screen might actually reflect the Flash Cannon back to its origin?

Lutgarde gives Marianne a relaxed courtsy in thanks for the compliment, definitely appearing quite proud of the duo's fashion choices. "Thanks! Phanpy could be really cute with some colours, too ... maybe you could see about some painted patterns?" they suggest. Their eyes do not leave the battlefield, either, watching it carefully. ... if it weren't that blinding. "I should've taken sunglasses, actually."

HP: 3/3
9XQS5jaL
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 17:51:02 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"I think I read a children's book about a Phanpy with red polka dots once," she mused aloud, tapping her chin. "That would be cute..."[break][break]

No, no. The proud little thing would never forgive her. Better not to daydream.[break][break]

Her Klefki tried to overcome the REFLECT with FOUL PLAY, jangling loudly with mischief!

[break][break]

dyKxVs34

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 20:12:03 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"Maybe you could read it together, see if anything sticks?" Lutgarde suggests, "I don't think I read this story, actually ..."

Sylv is by heart a rather righteous creature - even if he also isn't above employing some dirty tricks if absolutely needed. The Foul Play hits him rather unexpectedly, and he makes an indignant noise. He forces himself not to dwell too long on it, and instead comes back with another Quick Attack, racing towards the Klefki to tackle it to the ground.

HP: 2/3
7_QJVoVS
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 3:26:36 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"She was embarrassed at looking different than the other Phanpys, but then realized her spots made her special I think, or something..." Marianne scratched her head, trying to remember. "I think she had a tutu?"[break][break]

Oh, wait. They were battling. She blinked, turning her attention back to battle.[break][break]

Another QUICK ATTACK caught the Klefki unawares, and she changed her tune, her attack shifting quickly to PLAY ROUGH in retaliation![break][break]

p5wPmNYj

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 16:34:43 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"Natural polkadots sound rather special," Lutgarde agrees, but sticking out isn't always ... "Oh, a tutu? That's really cool, too! It's a bummer we can't really work with costumes ... to much, at least." It's already enough that their fashion style is borderline impractical for their line of work, now if Sylv also wore ... it would be really cute, tho.

... RIGHT they were fighting.

Sylv lets out a loud yelp at the Play Rough, trying to break free as soon as possible, jumping out of range. His fur is now definitely ruffled and tousled, and he does not look too happy about it. He doesn't have any ideas in his distress - he just charges onward with a Quick Attack again!

HP: 1/3
wu7R7NfV
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 20:30:20 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Gosh, this Sylveon was so fast. Once again, a QUICK ATTACK moved to strike her Klefki before she could manage to hit her next blow. As Angel began to glow with silent fury, she released a FLASH CANNON in hopes of a decisive conclusion to the battle![break][break]

Marianne watched events unfold with bated breath, knowing they were nearing the end now. The next round would decide it all![break][break]

FH|puhSg

Klefki HP: 1/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 20:45:45 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Sylv still had to unlock the secret behind going faster than light - he can't jump out of the way of the Flash Cannon fast enough, but he is not down yet! Both of them look quite rough, and a look on the display also confirms this - both of them are on one HP each.

"Time for the big final!" Lutgarde shouts out as they look out onto the battlefield again, grinning. "Quick Attack one more time!" Sylv launches into the fast-paced attack almost before Lutgarde finishes, rushing towards the Klefki at high speed.

HP: 1/3
ZvhL011Y
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 20:50:50 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Speed was one thing, but strength was another! Her Klefki prepared for the inevitable attack, ready to engage in FOUL PLAY to accomplish whatever it might need to get that final finishing blow.[break][break]

The two Fairy-type Pokemon collided in a magnificent display, the battle well-fought no matter who the victor was.[break][break]

Marianne was quite proud of her performance this time, she realized. It had been a battle very much on even footing.[break][break]

oqWoNkxP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 21:18:57 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Sylv stumbles back from the collision, and hits the zero counter as his leg gave in - he'd never allow himself to properly fall if preventable, and Lutgarde quickly steps in and calls him back into his ball before he'd actually faint.

"That was a great battle! Your Klefki's moves are really good." One would think that Sylv would know to handle them better, but he's a tad bit too stiffly righteous, it seems. "Well fought," they grin, walking over to Marianne and offering a handshake.

LOSS
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 21:35:22 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Whew, that was a close one!" Marianne exclaimed, surprised despite herself at her victory. She accepted the other trainer's handshake, beaming not because she was happy to have won, but because the match had been a fun one.[break][break]

The Sylveon had put up quite the fight, after all![break][break]

"I hope the rest of the tournament goes well for you! Your Sylveon is definitely the fastest one I've ever seen."[break][break]

She had no doubt Lutgarde would continue to do well in their coming battles -- and who knows, maybe she would, too?[break][break]

WIN!

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:09:25 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: