Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
siren's call [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 10:23:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Tonight, the ocean held a strong temper. Every wave came with a bite of fury, crashing against eachother in a relentless dance of power and chaos. Storm clouds encircle the sky, darkening its vibrance with warnings of incurring danger. But there was no running from today's duel. Every additional day of kyogre's rampage was another day of League's weakening status being broadcasting across the open waters.
[break][break]

"it's been a month, and not even our most elite teams have been able to capture that bastard."
[break][break]

Iron Moth was poised around the ship, scanning their surroundings. It beeped in a monotonous rhyme, zipping left and right, amidst the stirring danger and crashing rain. On the boat, Penelope stood near the center, hands wrapped around the steel railing. It was one thing standing between maintaining balance and being flung overboard.
[break][break]

Looking over her shoulder, the councilwoman looked toward the champion, concern already clouding her expression.
[break][break]

"makes me wonder if its still possible."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

lawless sea

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
siren's call [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 2:17:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle holds on to the railing of the ship, careful not to get thrown out by the ravaging waves of the torrential sea.

"yeah, that's too ambitious," says kyle, the least ambitious member of league's upper echelons. "the most realistic thing we can do is find a way to calm it down."

he had found an angle, but it never was enough.

his head swivels to the councilwoman's direction, playfully leaning back as his weight hangs on to his arms that clutched on the ship's palisade.

"i tried a few things of my own, but none of them worked. has anyone reported anything close to doing anything effective at it? maybe eva?"

according to legends, and rayquaza should be able to calm it down. kyle's own experience with his previous encounter with kyogre doesn't seem to support the narrative that this situation was the same as of the ones told by hoennian stories.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
siren's call [m]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 6:46:08 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She shook her head.
[break][break]

", , and I came out last month, but as you can see," She gestured toward the sea, "not much came from it."
[break][break]

Rayquaza's presence alone had only been enough to elicit a stir from the great basin pokemon. It had shown its furious head that day, slamming into their boat and tossing the sea into a tussle. But, unfortunately, reactionary responses were hardly the outcome desired.
[break][break]

They needed more. The League needed more. Otherwise, another power would enter their enemies' hands.
[break][break]

"It can take a serious beating."
[break][break]

Hands still on the railing, her eyes flickered to his, curiosity burning through the harsh amber.
[break][break]

"What have you tried so far?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
siren's call [m]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 17:30:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he would say it's surprising, but kyle knows trends of the region long enough to know the obvious solutions wouldn't be applicable.

if even rayquaza can't quell it, then outside interference would be their next best bet.

"i tried a front that only i can do: sacred fire. it didn't work for obvious reasons." it purifies, much like the name suggests. "oh right, i forgot i'm not the only one that can do purification anymore. never mind."

he supposed that niche is now lost to him as well given the appearance of a suicune avatar.

kyle sighs of defeat, deflating by the railings as he hangs by.

"if things go the way as they did in the past, then the best course of action is to wait for something new to happen and hope that stirs enough irregularities to create an opening for this scenario."

his head turns to the councilwoman.

"that's not an answer that everyone wants to hear though, right?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
siren's call [m]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 6:39:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She nodded, taking the disappointment in stride. To know not even sacred flame had an effect was an obvious she was betting against.
[break][break]

"It's better to let people cling onto a false sense of hope than admit defeat."
[break][break]

Defeat meant there was no solution to this madness. It meant Rocket's answers carried more weight than the League's worthless variation of the truth. It meant there was no real reason left to fight, that their deaths had already been decided.
[break][break]

"Besides, there's no real way of knowing one way or another, so might as well air on the side of optimism."
[break][break]

The further their boat traveled, the more violent the waves became, choppy and nearly inconceivably opposite from the clear skies behind. It was as though their very presence was widely unwelcomed.
[break][break]

"And I'm not much of a fan of the waiting game, anyways."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
siren's call [m]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 1:50:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
to fight against all odds and face danger for that last sliver of hope-- it doesn't surprise kyle that penelope was someone who was into something poetic like that narrative. he sometimes wishes that he, too, can look past what was presented to them and ignore the trends of the region's story.

"at least most of the region doesn't think like me," he chimes in as he finally gets back up. "i'm sure i'm in the minority that will settle with just driving kyogre away every time it appears until something interesting happens."

everyone has their own climax scene, and as far as the current avatars go, kyle has already passed his a long time ago. that was how he got his title.

"well, let's get this show going then, councilwoman livy."

forms of raikou and suicune appear from the surface of the ocean, running to a sprint towards the leviathan. their paws move fast enough not to break the tension of the water as a testament to their speed.

"we're both avatars of fire-type legends. kind of unlucky that the two of us are the ones paired, right?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
siren's call [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 6:41:31 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"it's always like that, isn't it?"
[Break][break]
Them being struck by misfortune. Whether it be through another raid by Rocket's hands, or other worldly invaders. Luck was just never on their side.
[Break][break]
But it was their job to rise above the times. To fight the fight others might find pointless.
[Break][break]
"Iron moth, go for back up."
[Break][break]
The metallic pokemon made no effort delaying its jump forward. Kicking into high gear, it slashed through the rolling clouds, aimed directly for the monstrosity approaching their ship.
[Break][break]
Brine whipped all around its body, creating strips of aquatic ribbons, both beautiful and absolutely lethal. One roar and history repeated itself in her mind.
[Break][break]
"Fuck, its going for a hydro pump. Iron moth, disrupt its pressure!"
[Break][break]
Her pokemon let our a screech before shifting in front of the gathering sphere of compressed water, readied. It's eventual release was immediately met with a ZAP CANON, which served only served to abate the incoming pressure.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
siren's call [m]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 3:23:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle throws out a pokeball, releasing a lumineon rather than one of his big hitters.

"tailwind!"

the fish pokemon leaps out, summoning winds from the sea breeze to blow towards the kyogre and against the direction of its attacks. though it wasn't enough to completely stop it, the iron moth's move, alongside the lumineon's storm drain, manages to steer the brunt of the attack away from their ship.

in the mean time, suicune and raikou run through the surface of the water, leaping on the air before tension breaks underneath their steps. they employ the same moves as kyle usually uses in the face of deterring kyogre.

suicune moves in with the help of tailwind, creating sheets of ice with sheer cold to limit the kyogre's movement. they get destroyed with every movement, but the pokemon is quick to reinforce them nonetheless.

the raikou uses the foothold from suicune to hit it where it hurts. thunder deafens as each strike of lightning hits the kyogre clean in the middle of the heavy rains the leviathan conjured itself.

"and this usually continues until it loses interest," kyle absently narrates. "it wouldn't be a win since it just comes back the next day."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights