March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Side Events: Shalin vs. Sio #2 [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:40:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Kricketune were chirping outside, loudly enough to be heard even over the few matches that were remaining. With event teardown already in progress, the supply of arenas was dwindling quickly. This might be the last series of matches Shalin could engage in before registration closed and points were tallied. Her performance in side events put her in the running for a podium spot alongside runaways and .

Whom she didn't expect to run into was . "Sio!" Shalin chirped, her Beedrill crawling toward the center of the battle court. "Still grinding, even so late?"

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:52:35 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Though Sio seems to be growing a bit tired after guiding Quill through fight after fight, the latter doesn't seem to be any bit exhausted! The only hesitance he seems to show is towards the Beedrill before him; he's seen what she can do, and he is NOT a fan. He steps up to her, giving her a bit of a glaring look.

"That I am, Shalin," Sio responds, trailing into a hum. "And it looks like you are, too. Let's end this all with a bang, shall we~?"

Gimmick: Default (+10 on 0 rolls, +30 on 100)

HP: 3/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 17:08:52 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
From the moment the starting horn sounded, it would be drowned out by loud wings that pounded and sliced the air. The wasp turned around to blow a big TAILWIND in Quill's face, trying to blind the normal-type while building her own speed for a future sting.

Shalin had to be wary of Quill turning those very tactics against her, though; she had faced several Smeargle that did so, including 's. Her venom sacs were well-insulated, and rightfully so. The rest of her body was not immune to her own venom, making her vulnerable to the poison of another of her kind if one was clever!

q3pFlV_s

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 17:24:14 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
The Smeargle stumbled and startled slightly at the sound of the horn- but with the Beedrill already starting to use Tailwind against him, he wouldn't bow down so easily. This was his chance for a good rematch, after all!

And one with all the cards perfectly in play- or so he hoped.

Ready to get the show rolling right off the bat, Quill slashes the air with his tail, getting splashes of bright green and black paint everywhere as he paints himself into looking like the opponent with Transform! The playing field would definitely be more even that way, right?

FygIxOEe

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 19:39:29 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
One deafening buzz turned into two, their combined volume threatening to burst even Shalin's unprotected ears. Slipping her earplugs on, normally used only when she rode the giant bee, the noise was still more than audible. What power such a large Pokémon had!

Against a foe that was equally nimble, it would be an even battle... or it would have, had Shalin not had one trick up her sleeve. Rather than save it toward the end of the battle, she pinched the KEY STONE of her MEGA CIRCLET almost immediately, Queen Zing MEGA EVOLVING and showering Quill with wave after wave of TWINEEDLES. Or were they Quadra-needles, given she had four foreleg stings in her apex form?

YOiSSHz0+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 19:35:40 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Whatever the case was for Queen Zing's Twineedles, Quill felt more prepared seeing the Beedrill mega evolve this time compared to the last. It was like seeing the same trick performed over and over again!

And while he isn't quite as big or strong, he does have a brand new toy box of moves to play with. So, ready to give a taste of the wasp's own medicine, he fires some Twineedles right back at her!

kVbBpXqE

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 19:47:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The barrages of TWINEEDLES flew at one another, piles of them landing in the no-man's-land between the combatants simply due to how dense the fields of projectiles were. Queen Zing's carapace was tough, blocking many of the painter Pokémon's fabricated ones. Only a few pierced her armor, but they were still painful.

Fighting through it with glowing eyes, the bass of her buzzing wings would be accompanied by the treble of whirling stings. It was a tactic the Smeargle had seen before, but this time, it would be with four stings, not two! The four whirled with the ferocity of a Rhyperior's horn, the DRILL RUN threatening to bore into Quill if they didn't do something to stop it!

QDBP|kcM+20

Mega Evolution 2/2!

{PC: 4}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥
close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 20:13:10 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Try as he might, faux wasp needles just don't cut it compared to the real thing. And all the while, the poison stings him plenty. What a pain..

Yet, as the original Beedrill prepares another attack, Quill is quick to follow up with his own. Rearing back and thrusting forward, he bares his fascimile of a stinger to strike back with Poison Jab!

HP: 2/3

b33z0JnZ

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 20:23:28 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Whether by design or by chance, Quill's makeshift tail barb found a spot where the needle barrage pierced Queen Zing's carapace. It widened the wound, disrupting the Infinity Energy conduit between trainer and Pokémon, causing her to revert from her apex form.

Shalin gasped; Queen Zing was writhing in pain, unable to push any of her stings out of her body. She attacked with the one weapon she had left. Zipping toward Quill, the insect would attempt to snatch the Smeargle before whipping up a huge TAILWIND. The aim was not to evade attack, but to vibrate Quill fast enough to deprive him of his senses.

LzsEkwgF

{PC: 5}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥
close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 20:27:05 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Sio blinks, clearly astounded by the display Quill had just put on. The fascimile of his transformation could crack at any moment, and yet he's done nothing but make the most of it.

That being said, he knows he has at least one final trick up his sleeve. Letting himself dance on the edges of the Tailwind, Quill rears back once more before slamming into his rival with a Dragon Hammer!

Fw_R3G0V

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 20:39:22 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When Queen Zing saw Quill's stings glowing with purple dragon energy, she began to wind up for her own DRAGON HAMMER, but was too late; with another crack of her carapace, she had been rendered unconscious. Shalin quickly withdrew her to minimize the damage.

"Wow, you improved fast!" the Captain complimented Sio. "We'll have to have a rubber match at my Romping Grounds some time. If your Smeargle had fun with just one of my Pokémon, wait 'til you meet the whole Shalin crew!" There was also the fun of dragging Sio into a wild-riding adventure, but she would playfully leave that detail a surprise for the time being.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 20:59:41 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
As soon as Queen Zing goes unconscious, Quill's Transformation fades away- leaving a happy yet tired pup in its wake. Sio doesn't qithdraw him- instead opting to pick him up and hold him while he rests.

"Ah, thank you. It felt almost like instinct, really; and you still fought quite well yourself." Sio hummed as they complimented the Captain back. "I'm sure Quill would love a chance to play around with the rest of your crew- that is, if they can keep up with the Sio Ensemble in turn." 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 5:11:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: