snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
first light
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 3:00:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she resumes work as normal - or, well, she tries to.

it's difficult to focus, she finds, as she has to take additional pauses to collect herself. too much focus in research, in petri dishes full of samples, causes her mind to slip away from its cerebral cage. it wanders, it floats, and it gets lost in the interstellar webbing of spatial matter.

and when she texts to come to the lab, it's out of a desperate plea for a distraction, a familiar face, a friend.

he shows, solar bright as always, and she feels immediate relief flood her systems at the sight of him.

"hey."

her smile is small, but warm all the same.

"how're you feeling? any better since the icelands?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
first light
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 4:29:20 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olllies"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

he'd seen her in the hospital, had read the official league reports, saw it all over the news.

[break][break] but none really truly expresses how different she is.

[break][break] ollie can't pinpoint it.

[break][break] he remembers the day that he had found himself in 's apartment, had wandered into her room to see her feverish and broken and all out of sorts. but that had been penny. penny who had bared her heart to him in more ways than once, penny who shared a part of his own heart irrevocably, no matter how many years had passed.

[break][break] but he and illie were just friends. running buddies. and now? there was a distance between them now too — the distance between humanity and something more.

[break][break] so he's surprised when she texts him. when she calls him over to her lab.

[break][break] all in all, it shouldn't have been an odd thing to ask for. after all, they'd texted many times before.

[break][break] his knuckles wrap against the door of the lab, his shining face appearing out of the corner of laboratory. he almost expects to be there instead — no, he remembers belatedly. his sister is off today. she'd told him so.

[break][break] "oh," he says with a laugh, gesturing to his bad arm. it's wrapped in bandages, but no longer in a cast. "doing alright. been doing a lot of paperwork - " his lips twist into an easygoing smile as he pulls up a chair to plop down next to her. "though i'm sure you know all about that."

[break][break] his head tilts.

[break][break] "what're you working on?"

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-heartbeat"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".olllies"]--accent:#FFB24D;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:45px 55px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:0px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .oocnotes"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:-25px; line-height:10px; } .luck .oocnotes span { font:bold 16px/11px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.3px; color:var(--accent); text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .oocnotes a { font:500 9px/9px Poppins!important; letter-spacing:2px; color:#696969; text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
first light
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 2:35:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her stare softens slightly at the wrapping of bandages around his arm. it's a reminder of the carnage from the icelands, the price paid by all those involved.

she feels a little awkward thinking about it now, if she really pauses to take a step back and get a better look at the scenario. she had come out different - gilded, transfused with ichor - but the same will never be said for everyone else. she remembers the blood splattered across pristine snow, bright and glaring and unsightly.

compared to the masses, what does she have to feel pitiful about? they'd call her lucky, blessed, finally chosen.

but is it a god's chosen or a god's cursed?

she has never been able to figure it out.

after a moment, she flashes another small smile - one of many meant to mask the inner turmoil, the inner expanses of space wanting to rip her apart.

"right, paperwork. hopefully it's not too bad for you?"

unfortunately, she suspects it is. they're always drowning in reports after big events, aren't they?

his head tilts and she blinks back through multiple lenses of focus until she finds the right one. it's a slight fumbling of adjustment before she gestures in a small sort of way toward the petri dishes of samples.

"i've begun an avatar study recently, and i was just going through the sample collections again."

a beat passes. space fluctuates. she lets out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding in, and her back straightens a little.

"i can put them away, though, so we can catch up."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
first light
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 19:20:08 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olllies"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

'it's awful,' he wants to say, to complain, but for some reason - his mouth stays shut. maybe if it were or or someone else — maybe even ... but...

[break][break] "not too bad," he agrees instead, never faltering from that brimming, golden smile.

[break][break] maybe it's muscle memory. maybe it's from that dream in galar, where he was her sunshine and she was his moonlight.

[break][break] maybe, just maybe, it has nothing to do with them.

[break][break] "an avatar study?" he echoes, curiosity peaked. ollie has never cared much for the whims of avatarship. it's for special, golden people — not him. "no, no - " he shakes his head quickly. "i wanna know more. what're you studying?"

[break][break] he pulls up a chair.

[break][break] "y'know i always like listening to you talk, illie."

[break]

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-heartbeat"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".olllies"]--accent:#FFB24D;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:45px 55px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:0px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .oocnotes"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:-25px; line-height:10px; } .luck .oocnotes span { font:bold 16px/11px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.3px; color:var(--accent); text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .oocnotes a { font:500 9px/9px Poppins!important; letter-spacing:2px; color:#696969; text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
first light
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 16:50:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the withholding of evidence and emotion isn't registered, though she feels a small divide all the same. they're different - whether they notice it or not, it persists.

sunshine and moonlight... when have they ever existed at the same time? one always gives way for the other in the sky, waiting in the wings for their time.

are they no different?

he pulls up a chair and she blinks. he wants to hear what she thinks? surprise overtakes the expression and she has to catch herself, purposely smoothing porcelain over until it's smooth, whole.

"i started the project with the idea of preventing any avatars from being overcome with infinity or primal energy, but it's proving to be a little more insightful than i first thought."

her meetings with a handful of avatars and those touched by legendary bonds are pulling curtains back. she feels like she can see clearer than ever before, even without the spatial awareness of her own bond creeping in through spreading cracks.

"i'd like to help them understand their powers better if i can, but i'm afraid it'll just leave them with more questions than i could possibly hope to answer."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights