snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
free
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 3:36:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the events of the gym leaders summit trickle down through their respective channels, illeana finds herself in an interesting position. her avatar studies have slowly begun to gain some traction and while she had primarily pitched the idea for a league avatar focus, those with a different bond to their legendary pokemon have become a little more prominent.

and who is she to turn down the incessant urge to understand them, to study their bond and their intentions until she's sick of the taste?

her first target is the slightly familiar face of hideo and the pixie in his midst. he'll receive an official summons to the league labs a few days after the gym leaders meeting concludes and in the soft, professional voice of the head scientist, it requests his presence for a classified project.

he'll find her, then, in the heart of her laboratory with her head down and her eyes focused on looking through a microscope. at the sound of the door closing, her voice rings out from the center of the room like a beacon to bring him closer.

"hey, thanks for coming in!"

a beat passes and she jots down a final note before abandoning the microscope to meet him halfway across the room. her voice is a little gentler now that she's close.

"if i may, could i ask you a few questions while you're here?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
free
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 16:09:42 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo had, unfortunately, been stuck at a wall for a while regarding the Lake Trio. The most progress he'd made was exploring the RKS simulation, where a simulation of Azelf resided…that he could never reach. Caution was needed to keep himself from drawing attention from the wrong people - but he couldn't climb that wall himself.

So he tipped his toe into the water, sharing Uxie's presence - and to his fortune, the first bite was one that wanted to help him.

He didn't need much help finding the place: Uxie's guidance did wonders, the pixie sitting atop his shoulder in its usual Illusionary disguise of a Ralts. It's only once they reached the laboratory that Uxie released its Skill Swap, its Illusion disappearing as it Levitated just above Hideo.

Guidance was still necessary, though, to keep Hideo from knocking over any equipment, so the pixie didn't float away from him.

"Thanks for the invitation!" he answered, being guided along. "Dunno the last time I was in a lab like this."

Science was never his strong suit.

He stopped when he heard her footsteps approach. "Kinda assumed you'd wanna ask questions. Pretty sure a lotta people do now. Even I got questions, though I dunno if anyone's got the answers to them."

"So, uh, ask away."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
free
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:32:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile warms and she begins to gently guide hideo and his ralts toward the plush chairs near her desk, chatting slightly as she goes.

"hopefully it's an enjoyable trip to a lab, right?"

she'd hate to contribute to a fear or unease surrounding the sterile, almost hollowness, of labs.

and at the mention of his own set of questions, she pauses. consideration tugs heavily at the mind for a moment before she pushes through to sink teeth into something more concrete.

"perhaps your questions might align with mine, then."

once she's certain he's settled and comfy in his chair, she takes the one opposite him and reaches for the notepad and pen laying idle against the desk's surface.

"let's start with some general information gathering, okay?"

she allows silence to cling for a moment. it's pushed away in the next tick of a clock's hand.

"about how long have you had uxie in your possession?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
free
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 0:09:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Uxie and Hideo followed Illeana along, still staying careful not to bump on anything on the way over. Hideo eagerly took a seat on one of the plush chairs, Uxie landing neatly on his lap once he was settled.

"It wasn't too hard to get here," he answered, "Uxie here's pretty good at giving directions - when we know where we gotta go."

When they didn't? Uxie would let him wander.

The mention of information-gathering got a nod out of Hideo - seems they'd just be talking for now. As he'd expected.

The first question wasn't an unexpected one; it was something he'd contemplated how to answer for some time. If he lied, then it'd make things awkward if the truth got out, but he expected the truth would need a careful follow-up.

"I've had Uxie with me for a little over a year now."

He chose honesty. He couldn't get them to doubt him.

"To be more specific, Uxie joined up with me during Rocket's attack on Littleroot, back when that big meteor was coming down on Hoenn. Though the first time I met it in-person - or uh, in the flesh - was when Necrozma appeared at the Tree of Life."

He poked Uxie's belly, just to emphasize the "flesh" part. That got a grin out of the little pixie.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
free
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 2:24:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as hideo explains their trip, she can't help but believe they're a great pair - helpful to each other, symbiotic in a way perhaps.

he dives, then, into answering her question. while he speaks, the alchemist jots down each response into her notebook. every now and then, her head bobs through an understanding nod and a hum or two bubble up out of her throat.

"ah, right! the red chain had occurred at the tree of life. you both did well, you know."

her smile is warm, grateful for their efforts in both necrozma's assault upon sootopolis and the events of littleroot during meteno's arrival.

"prior to meeting about a year ago, had anything happened that signaled uxie's arrival?"

sometimes, with her own experience as a guiding light, legendary pokemon leave little hints of their existence. she had seen it with palkia, with its pink energy floating through her life in small, seemingly unconnected sequences.

"this could be anything from a myth standing out suddenly to you or an event where something inexplainable had occurred."

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
free
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 19:07:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded along to Illeana's praise, though the smile on his face was a bittersweet one. "I…guess it did. But it could've gone better. A lot better."

He could've not let so many Pokemon die. He could've stopped the Lake Trio from getting injured by those Shadow Pokemon.

It took Hideo a moment to think back on the time before Uxie showed itself.

"Well…I don't remember it too well. But a while back, during the Soiree where that Dream Mist first started showing up with the Unown, I got lost in the Mist. It was a bit chaotic, but once I got out of the mist, I noticed there was a weird amulet around my neck."

"I tried asking people about it…turns out I wasn't the only person with an amulet. Apparently, a lotta people got visited by the Lake Trio, but couldn't remember it unless there was a pair of amulets close to each other…but I don't remember meeting Uxie at all before that."

Hideo faced down towards Uxie, holding it close to his body.

Uxie laid its large head on Hideo's sweater, its little feet swaying up and down.

"Wasn't 'til a bunch of us got together, that we actually got to see the Lake Trio, though it was just a projection of them. Tried to warn us about Necrozma showing up…but they were doing vague prophecies, so they didn't make much sense back then."

Hindsight was 20/20.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
free
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 19:07:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile shifts into something bittersweet at the thought that, yes, it could have gone better... everything could have, but she deems that a concept of life. they cannot change the inevitable cycles their mortal lives face.

and she stays quiet on that concept, holding it close as a small excuse for change.

"an amulet?"

a blink follows, as if she doesn't quite understand. she cuts through silence to ask clarifying questions for the urge to know, to sate her curiosity, bubbles up in her throat.

"had it manifested from the mist itself? or had uxie placed it there while you were in the mist?"

he provides further insight - along with his own confusion to the first instances - into the growth of their bond and for a moment, illeana says nothing. she merely jots down notes, nodding here and there, while allowing him the space to continue.

by the end, she's left the pen behind for a moment to give hideo her full attention, red eyes refocused on his face.

"do you feel as though you still have a prophecy to meet after necrozma's attack?"

or, well, she supposes that might be too lofty of a question... after a moment of consideration, she tries another variation.

"i mean, do you believe you still have more to do with uxie now?"

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
free
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 0:25:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo's legs playfully dangled as he readied his answers.

"More of a charm, I guess? It was just around my neck outta nowhere - no idea if it popped out of the mist or if Uxie gave it to me. I got no idea how it got there, and neither do my Pokemon."

He trusted his Pokemon on that - as if they'd have any reason to lie about it.

"I'd hear a letter any time I touched it. Or touched someone else's. Apparently people saw letters, so that might've just been to accommodate for me?"

Uxie nodded along.

The next question forced Hideo to think, the boy taking some time before giving an answer. He tried to think back to the time he'd heard those prophecies, though that'd been a while ago, and so much had happened since.

A small glow emanated from Uxie, one Hideo wouldn't notice - bringing his memories to the forefront of his mind.

This was gonna be a long one.

"Oh, right. I said it was a single prophecy…but it was kinda three-in-one? Each member gave a different one."

"Azelf was first. What it told us was

THE FUTURE IS LOST
YOUR CHOICE DOESN'T MATTER
THERE IS NO CORRECT ONE

Which…didn't really tell us anything.
"

Not a very encouraging prophecy.

"Mesprit's was next. It told us

THE DARKEST DAY IS ACTIVE.
THERE ARE TWO.
ONE WILL STEAL THE FOUNDATION OF LIFE.
ONE WILL KILL THE APPARITION OF DEATH.

That one almost happened one-to-one to Necrozma showing up at the Tree of Life - and its clone popped up too. It tried to kill Xerneas and Yvetal…and Kyogre. We managed to save them, so I guess we ended up beating that prophecy.
"

He could've saved so much more if he'd just been careful.

"Uxie here's was last. It went

ENERGY PULSES. HERE AND BEYOND.
YOU PEOPLE CALL IT IN THREES.
CREATION. LAKE GUARDIANS. EXISTENCE.
BEGINNING, MIDDLE, AND END.
THE LAST WILL BE RELEASED.
IT WILL RUIN ALL.

…that's one that we still gotta work on, I think.
"

The boy went quiet, almost as if he was hearing it all for the first time - and because he needed a moment to catch his breath.

"...to be honest, I haven't been looking too hard into the prophecies. I've been putting most of my free time into trying to find Azelf. It got hurt pretty bad during Necrozma's attack…worse than Mesprit or Uxie."

Plus, he already knew where the latter two were - one was on his lap, resting its chin on his arm. The other was with a trusted friend, putting her through wacky adventures.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
free
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 2:02:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a letter? interesting... she hums, jotting it down into the margins of her notebook.

"was it the same letter each time?"

could they have received different letters across the group as a makeshift hangman game?

he begins, then, reciting the prophecy of the lake guardians and for each line he murmurs, she writes it down until it's a full passage staring up at her. creation demands her attention, but she cannot give it at the moment for each line after is just as important. and in a pokeball on her belt, palkia stirs with recognition.

"it's an interesting prophecy, to say the least... it's difficult to say what it could speak of, though. existence could encompass a couple of legendary trios."

but that's not his main concern - not now, anyway. his attention is focused on azelf, the final member of the guardians. she remembers, briefly, the constellations she had woken up with still clutched within her hands. they did not match any from hoenn's night sky, but somewhere in a distant memory (goodbye galar), she can just barely recall them. the one of a temporal dragon and a pixie being chased comes to mind in particular. could it be foretold in the stars, though?

"do you have any current leads on azelf's whereabouts?"

she's curious, perhaps, to know how much he has invested into finding the final guardian. with all three united, though, she's uncertain if they're acting for the greater good or for their creator... would they, too, be subjected to the whims of the father?

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
free
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 16:15:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Yeah…well, there were two different kinds of amulets, but each of the same kind gave me the same letter. Uxie's would give me an 'O', while Mesprit's gave me an 'I'. I think everyone else saw a different letter, but I dunno what everyone got."

An unfortunate gap that he had no way to fill. What letters he knew people had, did nothing to form any words.

And he had far more to focus on than guessing words.

It'd been a long while since he'd heard the prophecies; his own recitation was the second time he'd heard it, and he needed a moment to take in all the details.

"I still got no idea what the 'existence' trio could be. Lake Guardians is pretty obvious, same for Creation…" Trios weren't a rare thing among legendary Pokemon, but none carried that label.

And there'd been so many legendary (and mythical) Pokemon popping up in Hoenn, that the prophecy could mean a lot.

Another enigma that he was left to scurry around for like a headless Combusken.

But there was a different mystery he did have some information on - as little as it was.

"...just one. In the RKS simulation, one of the scenarios has us appear on an island. There's a lake in the middle, and if we swim as far down as we can, we can find Azelf there. We can never reach it before…well, we get a little closer each time."

It was the only lead he could find, and damn if he didn't try to wring out every bit of info he could out of it.

"Dunno where the island is though. It's small, but there's gotta be tons of small islands in the world…if Azelf is even somewhere on this world. Been trying to look over Wilds for Azelf too, but haven't had any luck on that front."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
free
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 18:25:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]different letters for different people? interesting...

"did you notate all of the letters? or were you missing some, in the end?"

if they had the full set, perhaps there was a word or phrase to help understand their prophecy. if not, however, then they may never truly know for space and time have already moved past that instance and left the mystery behind.

"existence makes me think of the legends from kalos and the stories of life, death, and balance... but there's no way to know for certain. myths and legends tend to share similar concepts now and again."

it'd be difficult to narrow down an exact trio, but perhaps not impossible.

at the mention of a cave and a lake, a spark of recognition flashes in her eyes. she recalls - briefly, like a distant dream of a childhood spent in the snowy mountainside of sinnoh - a lake and a cavern. the description is different, but lake acuity's serene waters rise all the same.

"this island could be similar to the mirage islands had spoken of once, actually."

the eos duo and their navigator had a knack for finding uncharted islands... but were they coincidence, skill, or fate?

"we saw one pop up when groups of people went to the cloud, as well, but it has never been found again. it's possible this island from the rks simulation is something similar, where it pops up when needed."

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
free
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 19:48:06 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo shook his head.

"I got no idea. Only letters I could hear were my own. Everyone must've seen something different, but most didn't tell me about it. Probably too late to ask them about it at this point, and there were a lotta people gathered there."

And even if he could ask them, how forthcoming would they be about it? He didn't even know who was or wasn't Rocket in that meeting. "Though to think back on it…for Mesprit's, the other letters people said were a 'T' and a 'Y'." Leaving him with the letters I, T, Y. "Nobody shared their letters from Uxie's though…except for one person, said they saw a G on my amulet."

G, O. Not much to work with either.

Oh. Right. "Almost forgot…there was one other guy I knew that had been visited by Azelf. Said they saw a 'D' on both kinds of amulets. That's all I got for letters."

Alas, he'd been late to the party, and others had made much more progress in investigating these amulets than he had.

Freya's mention of the mirage islands did make him perk up a little. "That could be it," he mused. "Far as I know, the island is just in the middle of nowhere. Didn't seem off like the Wilds I've been to." It was in no way mechanical like the Mechanical Kingdom, it was fully intact unlike Lesser Megalopolis, and it was certainly less dry then the Ultra Desert.

"But we still don't have any hints to where it could pop up. Or when it'll pop up."

Or if it'd pop up.

"Do you think the only option we have is to wait?" Seemed like Freya knew more about those islands than he did.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
free
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 16:33:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a hum escapes as she jots down each letter. staring up at her from the page, they make little sense. she can't find a combination that might spell anything... some are missing, she suspects.

"have you made any guesses about what the amulets were trying to spell out?"

if he has an idea, whether agreed upon by the rest of the amulet holders or not, it could be a small lead. even the tiniest of details can be important in the grand scheme.

with the letter d being added into the mix, she is able to spell out one word: god. she circles it twice on her pad of paper before the pen falls.

"you could wait, but there's no guarantee it could resurface again."

which, in her mind, only leaves one option...

"seeking out latios for some help might be the only way to find the island. i can also take a look at the league archives to see if left behind any maps of where the islands were last sighted if needed."

finding both latios and the islands, however, feels more like a needle in a haystack than ever before. she suspects even with spatial awareness, she wouldn't be able to pinpoint the existence he seeks. it's all still so vague, existing just out of reach.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
free
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 0:19:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The unfortunate part about getting involved part-way through: Hideo didn't have nearly enough information to work with. "I really don't know. I'd have to touch people's amulets to hear letters, and by the time I'd met more than a couple people that had'em, we'd met up in a group. That's when the trio showed up to us…or at least, images of them?"

A small sigh escaped from Uxie's mouth, the pixie floating up from Hideo's lap. It floated over to Illeana's desk, pointing towards her pad - then to one of her pens.

It wanted to use them - even just a single sheet and pen could work.

A sigh came out of Hideo's lips this time. "I don't like having to wait," he said, "but I hear Latios isn't an easy Pokemon to pin down either." He was already putting a lot of free time into looking for Azelf - looking for another would run himself into the ground. "Maps'll probably have to do."

It was something to work with.

As they talked, Uxie would get to writing - one letter at a time, writing them out as it held on to the pen with its hands.

O R I G I N A L

But it didn't seem to be done yet, getting started on another line.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights