Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FALSE IDOL
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 7:41:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hell overtook the hospital by a storm. Patient after patent was being wheeled in by the still abled bodied rangers and league members. There was barely enough staff to maintain the chaos, leading to sprawled out hospital beds biting into the main corridors and open waiting rooms.
[break][break]
It was a problem befitting a council member - someone whose sole purpose laid with the citizens of Hoenn. Maybe was still around, or .
[break][break]
Low murmurs kept the conversation contained between and the head nurse. Together, the two looked like a pair of undead. Broken, rotten, but still alive.
[break][break]
Now cleaned up, Penelope wasn't nearly as haggard as she'd been when leaving the frozen icelands, arm wrapped around 's neck. Her clothes still spoke of the position she held, leaving only the still apparent bruises and scabs to tell her story.
[break][break]
"Ah, wait here."
[break][break]
It was the initial flash of orange that caught her attention. The voice that followed only furthered her resolve.
[break][break]
She sent off off the nurse and made for the door, her knuckle rapping against it softly.
[break][break]
"Hello? Hope I'm not disrupting anything."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
FALSE IDOL
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 4:32:39 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

This was an unfamiliar feeling. Out of commission. The mission she had so graciously joined late, and the... development that stemmed from that. But the cold, hard, gritty reality of it all, was that in her time in that raid. In truth, it is in part due to , that she had begun to think, and due to that make her question herself.[break][break]

The world isn't black and white. It's shades of gray, freshly painted to show a myriad of colors on a rainbow. The coat dries itself. The heroes she once looked up to, are not grand. The villains she saw before, hide validity in shadow.[break][break]

She didn't feel like she deserved to see , or right now. stood by her, but due to her own failings, Genny felt... small. Yuina nearly dies... and she grows cold. Desiree cries for her... and she numbs to love. Elise is threatened... and so she became ruthless. A Rocket Dog, the one that operates her mind... one of three (, , and ) that plague her every thought and keeps her grounded. In truth, in her medical procedures, it is pure determination that kept her alive.[break][break]

The anesthesia only did so much. And problem with emergencies, is that she remembers being under.[break][break]

The doctors and nurses had tailored the bandages around her, calling her lucky to be alive with nasty self-inflicted burns, busted ribs, and that shoulder slice. Any later, and she'd have bled out in those icelands. Another reason she felt so weak. Despite everything, when Rocket came, and fought back, all she could do was occupy that wild dog.[break][break]

A reason that Rocket should be in the ground. Maybe not every one of them. But enough to make her think that idealism is the death of truth.[break][break]

KNOCK.[break][break]

Genny's snapped out of it. Hazel eyes move towards the door, finding one . Though her outfit seemed fine, it was by the rest she could see the battle there in the icelands had taken their toll. She can't help but smile, dull as it may seem now. She was still able to find a reason to. Thinking about helps. Thinking about meeting an idol does too. Or it would have, a year ago.[break][break]

"Not at all, Councilwoman Livy. Please, come in," she speaks softly, calmly pointing to the nearby chair that lies nearest the bed she finds herself in. Even if she knows things she wish she didn't, she would keep a small, partly-cloudy smile on her lips. "It's a pleasure to officially meet you," she greets, her mind chiming in with the obvious 'though I wish it were under better circumstances.'

[break][break]

NOTES

- Genny doesn't feel okay, but she's on painkillers, and is through the worst of it. Radical Genny brain is moving.[break]
- Once Penny comes in, Genny perks up a little, and though quiet, she greets her and invites her in.[break]
- Despite everything, she can still make a smile... no matter how small it truly is.

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FALSE IDOL
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 8:43:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There was not much backing today's visit. There had been endless opportunities for the two to have met before, whether it be through 's whimsical methods of bringing two people together, or even the natural visits expected from her role. And yet, for one reason or another, the councilwoman always found a new way to avoid her more informal duties.
[break][break]

There are more pressing matters to attend to, she would tell herself.
[break][break]

There will always be another opportunity, she would reassure.
[break][break]

In a way, another opportunity had presented itself. Though, this one was soaked in blood and bitter losses. It was the most improper foundation for first-meetings.
[break][break]

"Oh, don't bother with formalities - you can just call me Penny, or Penelope. Either works."
[break][break]

A false smile lightened her features as she shifted through the room, taking space next to the visitor's chair. Although she spent years monetizing her ability to conceal and pretend, it felt different when the part to play was herself.
[break][break]

"I remember seeing you back there on the ice. You did well holding your own, especially against those rockets."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
FALSE IDOL
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 21:51:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Bitter blood was the right way to view it. No matter how brave the face she kept, underneath the physical pain was only masked by painkillers. Emotional and mental damage stir the pot worse and worse. Even something as fake as a smile, mirrored so gently towards Penny.[break][break]

"You can call me Genevieve then," Genny warmly responds, her hazel eyes filled with sunshine and rainbows.[break][break]

When Penny seats herself in the visitor's chair, Genny's hazel eyes trace over and around her, before back to her own hands as Penny speaks.[break][break]

She did well? Well meant she could walk out of the whole mess herself. The Reshiram and Hoopa incident, that's one thing, but when those Rockets began turning and acting high and mighty... her smile vanishes into thin air, the bedsheets clinch under her hands, a look uncharacteristic of Genevieve Cromwell the Wonder Woman.[break][break]

There was a storm brewing behind her eyes.[break][break]

"Thank you, Penelope," she starts, though that warmness is drowned by the frost of winter's hellish embrace. "But I am undeserving of that praise." She wasn't good enough. She wasn't strong enough to keep standing. She survived the Hoopa strike, took down Paradoxes aplenty, and focused her attention on that one Rocket.[break][break]

Her calloused, bandaged hands shake. That tone. She remembers him. One of three Rockets that confirmed her biases now. Her teeth begin to grind together.[break][break]

"I'm nowhere close to good enough. Not until I become the representing Champion. You did wonderfully though, Penelope," she admired Penny, had for a long, long time now. Councilwoman? Stunning and strong?[break][break]

Hurt . Though, she supposed, if what Ollie said was true, so did he to her.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Introduces her own name. As to not get Penny and Genny, she elects Penny to call her Genevieve. Even if adorable.[break]
- The praise feels undeserved from Penny, as Genny failed to succeed. She's taking the loss hard. Really hard.[break]
- Admits she's not good enough, but praises Penny instead. Hard to stop admiring an idol, even if they did something she can't fully forgive.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FALSE IDOL
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 9:09:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Strong willed, burning to produce legitimate change, the red head reminded the councilwoman of a younger version of herself. A version without the restraints of her position; a version freed from the past that lurks behind every corridor and every emptied corner. Had they met earlier, maybe this realization might've lighten something within Penelope's stomach. Stirred by an equal fervor for justice, one meeting alone could've been all that was required to kindle what held the opportunity to become a bright partnership.
[break][break]

If only.
[break][break]

"Hm."
[break][break]

Smiling to herself, the councilwoman took a second to speak, her eyes occupied by the meticulously tracings of the ranger's soft features. Over and over again, as if painting a portrait, she analyzed the miniscule details, encircling the self-target resentment, the frustrations - all of it.
[break][break]

"You remind me of myself," she sighed, "Unable to take praise, always too busy focusing on what comes next."
[break][break]

It was a double edge sword in many ways - sharp enough to cut, reliable enough to protect.
[break][break]

"You call me wonderful, but between us, I was a mess back on that field. Absolutely scared shitless. I kept thinking - is this really it."
[break][break]

She barked out a bitter laugh, head shaking.
[break][break]

Then she shrugged.
[break][break]

"But we got through it, fuckups and all. Together, we saved countless lives, families, Pokémon - and that's the bottom line we have to focus on. It's okay to want to be better, but its also okay to be okay with the you now."
[break][break]

"You had the courage to show up and fight for what you believe in, and that is more than a lot of people can say. So cut yourself some slack and accept it when someone says you did good."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
FALSE IDOL
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 19:03:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

With shaking hands, it's in that moment, when Penelope says it, the sigh that accompanies the compliment... one of the highest ones Genny had heard. She reminded Penny of a younger version of her? The redhead's hazel eyes shoot upwards, her lips parted. Her heart beats a little harder, and though flushed, she gets a smile.[break][break]

She'd looked up to Penny for so long now. Her hazel eyes seem so bright, and full of life, looking back to her. One of her idols.[break][break]

She wished it would have been before that fated dog mission, when Genny nearly ruined her career. But then, maybe that was okay too. To keep grounded in reality, and not fly too close to the sun?[break][break]

Penny's words keep pushing into her heart, and though she's focused on shaken hands, in front of her, it's the praise that pushes through that gives that heartwarming smile. With teary-eyes, she can't help but give it to Penny, the genuine smile she gave when she first signed-up for the Rangers.[break][break]

"Thank you, Penelope," she reaches forward, and shakes her head. If she can grab her hand, she does so. "-part of courage is knowing fear. Being afraid, but doing what's needed... that doesn't make you a mess, that makes you strong."[break][break]

Silver lining in other clouds.[break][break]

She lets go though. Right. Right right right. Maybe she's looked at it wrong this whole time. "You know, I looked up to you from afar. You, , , , ... I thought, if you can do it, why can't I? You've made names for yourselves, put yourselves on the line. You're like... my idols," she closes her eyes and leans back into the pillows, eyes out to the skyline in the window. "so I try to aim high. I reached for my stars."[break][break]

Her smile fades.[break][break]

"Then... Anna stepped down as Head Ranger and disappeared for awhile. I haven't even met Elinor, and about Dr. Morales, and you, well-" her tone shifts. Because she remembers what told her. Her eyes look down again to the blanket over her legs. Even with that knowledge, her eyes begin tearing up, and her fists ball up further, grabbing the blanket so tight in bandaged arms.[break][break]

She grips so tightly with each droplet that hits the sheets.[break][break]

"You're all my heroes."[break][break]

The sobs begin.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Genny takes that compliment. She returns the favor, telling her that courage is knowing fear is there, and still trying. Silver linings.[break]
- She goes off about her idols in Penny, Anna, Melody, Elinor, Dr. Eva... she aimed for the stars.[break]
- And how fast the stars came down, when the sky falls, and how Genny still sees it, despite everything. She's sobbing now.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FALSE IDOL
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 9:51:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The young ranger's hand was graciously accepted, as were her tearful words.
[break][break]

The more she absorbed, the more doubt evaporated from her mind, leaving behind one solid conclusion. As different as they are today, their struggles mirrored one another. No different than two pieces pulled from the same puzzle.
[break][break]

But that was why the councilwoman knew exactly which buttons to push and which to avoid.
[break][break]

Approaching the side of the bed, Penelope placed one hand on Genny's shoulder. There, she softly cooed, "Keep reaching for the stars, then."
[break][break]

"Because we all started somewhere, and let me tell you, it wasn't always so glamorous for us. Trust me."
[break][break]

"But if there is one thing those times taught me it's that you have to keep trying, keep doing your best. Even the tiniest steps forward amount to miles when you look back."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
FALSE IDOL
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 2:32:39 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The sobs continue. Every tear shed was genuine. Her idols were the reason she came to Hoenn, that she aimed so far with hands outstretched. She tries to rub it away, and with it more just come to replace. Her lips tremble, her hands shake, her throat constricts.[break][break]

When Penny approaches, placing a hand on Genevieve's shoulder, her sobs stop, her head tilts upwards, eyelids puffy and red. Her words, cooed softly, sugar sweet.[break][break]

One day, she'll reach the stars.[break][break]

It's not glamourous. Seeing all the muddied heroes. Meeting them really did alter how she viewed them. It was naivete, thinking they were infalliable. But, even when it isn't glamourous, it doesn't mean that the distance traveled means nothing.[break][break]

"I will," she rubs more to her eyes, wiping her face more and more, as she wipes it away.[break][break]

The sun outside shines just a little brighter through the window.[break][break]

Trying to stop her sobbing earlier, she pulls a tissue from nearby and wipes at her eyes. Such a weak point for her, and showing it to someone she looked up to, that hurt. But she was so supportive, and-[break][break]

...[break][break]

That's right.[break][break]

Genny can't help but look down as she dabs her eyes more. "Um... Penny?" she asks, low in tone, sweetness on her tongue as she looks down at her hands. She doesn't want to ruin this. She finally got this acknowledgment, and now? She felt so bad that she might sooner let it go. But she has to ask.[break][break]

"I-" she has to pause first. Now may not be the time. But if she doesn't ask, she doesn't feel right to Ollie. "You're the person that Head Ranger Morales-" she has to stop herself. When she can't look Penny in the eyes, maybe she stepped too far.[break][break]

But she has to know. "-the one he talks so fondly of. Aren't you?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Dude, she's wanted Penny's approval for so long. Holy moly, she finally got it. She's so happy.[break]
- How messy it is to have to shove her fist into her mouth... with Ollie.[break]
- Oh well...

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights