Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Tattoos, Statues, and Smackeroos [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 18:30:56 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Priam was a grunt that had stuck around for so long, he was essentially part of the furniture. Hell, Howard had probably walked past him a dozen times in the breakroom to get his sandwich out of the fridge, only for the grunt to be eating it. Hell, Howard probably didn't even notice as he walked past him in the act.

Most grunts died easily, that was the point of their existence, as unfortunate as it was. They were, by very nature, expendable. Yet Priam had stuck around like a stubborn piece of moss, flourishing as he survived battle after battle, war after war. The man was resilient. It must've been all that time he spent in the gym.

Hell, if Howard started charging grunts to use the gym, the Rocket Admin probably could've financed their whole operation out of Priam's pocket.

While reading through Rocket's contact with the Legendary Pokémon Regirock, Priam's name had appeared multiple times. One time was a coincidence, but Priam's name continued to pop up. He had heard a rumor of the man getting a tattoo related to Dynamax besides, and it was likely Howard's job to look into that.

Besides, Priam likely had all sorts of knickknacks from the ruin in his locker or something, so why not see if Howard could get something useful out of him?

Maybe it would lead to the other Regis.

"Priam!" Howard marched in a beeline across the gym towards the man. He had thought long and hard about this conversation. He'd need to approach it carefully in order to get Priam's help, but-

"Take your shirt off. Strip."

That was one way to do it.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 17:59:55 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"oho?" a teasing tone would come from priam as he hears the admin's demands. "did i catch the eye of mister slayte of slateport?"

he feels flattered, perhaps too much. he's never had someone praise his physical attractiveness out in public before, besides maybe he supposed. it forces him to run on auto-pilot as his face flushes.

on hindsight, the words didn't constitute a compliment, but his head takes it as such.

"if you wish, then-"

he sits up from the gym equipment and takes off his shirt. there's a smug smile that accompanies the strip show he's offering howard, but it's part of the confidence he fakes until he makes it.

there would be no markings on his skin, however.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 19:14:40 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"A huge honor, no doubt." Howard said, his tone as dry as the desert. "It's a shame that I've only got one eye to give, now str-"

Holy shit, he was ripped. Hoooooooooooly. Beast Delarosa was a lucky man. The Rocket Admin's brain fried for about two seconds, before rebooting as Howard realized that Delarosa could kick him from Sootopolis to Rustboro. He didn't want to end up as fertilizer for Xerneas.

"Nice." Howard's eye inspected Priam's body, looking for something beyond an immaculately chiseled physique. At first, he was slightly red, but that quickly disappeared into disappointment and confusion as he inspected the grunt's upper body.

Where was it?

"Not much of a tattoo guy?" Howard's eye flicked up to Priam, before walking around the grunt in a circle. "I heard you were at the Regirock Ruins a few years back."

He stopped in front of Priam again.

"Tell me about it."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 3:05:53 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"you're interested?" enthusiasm was at an all-time high with the interested vested in him. "you came to me? instead of mister quinn who went in with me? i'm so flattered."

there's a certain smugness in his expression, but everyone knows there's genuine joy beneath the exterior. the grunt wasn't the type to hide his emotions, after all.

idly, he folds his shirt as he talks.

"alright, so underboss quinn and i went to that archeological site with a bunch of other people. there were multiple entrances, and of course, being the adventurous individuals that we are, chose the least visited entrance. there's, like, only three of us there. the old celebi avatar joined us. you know cait alfric right? yah, that girl! anyways, we all went there, traps and all, and it was so exciting, like those archeology movies where they go visit a cursed tomb. it was so surreal!"

priam keeps yapping.

"anyways, a bunch happened with the traps. it was so weird though, like moves were suddenly disabled, and there were also traps that froze you, just like in that resurfaced island by dewford! anyways, we fought so hard and things were so hectic. we're just so tenacious we're going to see it through whatever it takes! you get me, right, cause it's just like in the movies where everything nice happens."

he learned 'tenacious' from like a passing comment from one of the people at the labs a week before.

"oh, and after that, we saw one of those statues that looked like regirock. that was when i felt something inside, kinda like how i felt when i found the slate by ultra deep sea. yeah, that was all me, baby! anyways, yeah, that kinda activated somethin' and that's when somethin' activated, again, thanks to me of course, and tada! we see a big room with like several statues! the weirdest thing is the voice in my head! the underboss didn't say anythin' about hearing it, and i haven't heard it in a while, so i guess it's just hallucinations from that place."

"inside, we also saw like this weird thing that looks like a board game, but also like a map of hoenn. there's like five of those little markers, and i guess it corresponded to each of the regi guys because the markers look like little regi statuettes. we move them around, and i get, like, frozen! like that's the perfect trap, right? it was worth it though, since it's like a puzzle to the next room! i haven't been in one of those escape room things, and i bet it was just like that!"

"alright, so we enter the next room, and it's like a big regi dude. i think it's called regigigas or somethin', but we took a souvenir and all of a sudden, the statues attacked us! yeah, but it's no big deal, you know, cause we're just great. anyways, my tattoo reacted to the thing when we took it, but i didn't now what it did. the voice didn't tell me shit either, but it must be important since it reacted to it. anyways, we escaped with it and now it's in my room."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:28:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
By the time the story was over, it was as if almost two years had passed.

As Priam wove his tale of sabotages, dangerous traps, and ancient ruins, Howard had gotten more and more enraptured by Priam's tale. What had originally began as a story of Regirock had spiraled into a tale of the Deep Sea, the mysteries of Dynamax, and how in Arceus's name did now throttle this person with how much he chattered.

"Wow... it really is like the movies!"

Howard, though? He was invested. His posture as a stiff-backed admin had slowly vanished as his eye began to sparkle. Priam's adventure sounded positively incredible, complete with cool moments, weird fragments, and a game map of Hoenn. Funnily enough, Howard had a replica of a similar map in his office. He had come to the same conclusion that Priam had.

Five figures. Five golems. One in Rocket possession. The other four were either dimensions away or simply lost to history. Regigigas, meanwhile, was a mystery. From what he knew, it had never roused itself for Hoenn.

"That's so cool, Priam!"

⠗⠑⠛⠊⠗⠕⠉⠅ ⠁⠇⠺⠁⠽⠎ ⠗⠕⠎⠑ ⠑⠁⠗⠇⠽

At some point during the story, Regice had emerged from its Pokeball to listen aptly despite its lack of ears. It stared at Priam from behind Howard's shoulder, and the duo continued to listen to Priam's tale.

"You have it? In your room?" Howard repeated, eye sparkling brightly. "Can I see it? Please please please...?"

It was like Priam had his very own fan club. A stark contrast from his this had began several minutes earlier.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 3:59:57 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he flinches at the appearance of the regice, but he remains his composure. he smiles, trying to hide the awkwardness from being exposed to it, as he attempts to shrug it off like it's no big deal.

"since you asked, who am i to deny the request?" a chuckle escapes him as he tries his best not to stare too much at the regice. "i'm not sure if your friend can fit the door, but he's welcome too."

priam gets up and wears his shirt again. the need to take a shower first escapes him since the regice was cooling the room enough for perspiration to dry off.

he starts walking off from the gym and immediately head to the exit. priam makes a comment as he leads the way.

"just me and you alone in my room. excited?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 6:40:08 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard snorted, amused.

"It fits through most of the hallways, at least. It's mostly in the freezer next to the ice cream. Sometimes it needs to stretch its legs."

Unceremoniously throwing Regice into the freezer aboard the sub was, in Howard's eyes, hilarious. It also let him save power by diverting energies to keeping the freezer running. Regice alone was enough for that. As the walls of the sub closed in, it became vastly more cramped.

Priam was right. Getting Regice into his room would be impossible.

"Of course I'm excited. Hell, I'm a little nostalgic." It had been months since he had been forced to bunk up in the bowels of the submarine. Now that he was an admin, he actually had a place to sleep that was larger than the average Mauville apartment. "And I'll get to see this artifact you went on about!"

After a moment of pause, Howard snapped his fingers.

"Oh, and you." He added as an afterthought.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 3:14:21 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"hehe!" he relishes in the compliment, no matter how fake it was. "maybe you'll see more than what you like there. i got a bunch of souvenirs there that you'll maybe want to touch."

he would add more flirty statements there to play along with their bit, but he's getting more excited to showcase his treasure chest like a kid who picked up a shiny rock and wants acknowledgement from the people around it on how pretty it is.

in a sense, the relic was kind of like that.

priam swings open his room, not having assigned a roommate just yet after relocating recently. not that many were interested, given how was once overly protective of him.

"wait, let me get it for you."

an actual chest lies by the foot of his bed. opening the trunk subsequently lets priam's mark glow as he gets into contact with the relic. priam places it on the floor right beside him as soon as he finds it, but continues to rummage through his stuff.

"i got plenty of other cool stuff you might wanna see here. did you know i also got the ball with my dead druddigon here? it got lost once, but it miraculously got back to me. it's pretty lucky, right?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 2:23:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
As they entered Priam's quarters, Howard remembered what it was like to be poor. He was still poor, and occasionally found himself sleeping in his office after many all-nighters. Priam was unfathomably lucky. Howard might've actually killed someone to keep a room for himself.

Unless he had to fight Bryan. If the sub exploded right now, Howard would've expected Bryan to come rising out of the wreckage on the back of his magic deer.

"Yes," Howard said in an unfathomably dry voice. "I would love to touch your souveniers."

Somewhere far away, Bryan Delarosa would feel a disturbance. Truly, Howard's game was impeccable, second only to his desire for money and old artifacts that nobody cared about. Nonetheless, Howard felt a smidge of appreciation for the grunt. Even if he was just happy that someone expressed interest in his collection of rare items, it was fun to gush about artifacts with someone.

Whenever he did it with , he half-expected the underboss to kill him.

"I'm sorry for your loss." He told Priam gently as the grunt continued to dig through the chest. "How did it di-"

The question was forgotten as Priam's arm began to glow with the familiar hue of Eternatus.

"Holy shit, Priam! You're glowing!" Howard pointed at his arm as the grunt produced his relic. It looked tangentially like a Regi, as if it was a base for Regirock, Regice, and the other three golems. Howard grabbed the grunt's muscular arm to inspect it. "Does it tingle?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 5:53:50 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he hands the regi relic over, not thinking much about it. as far as things have went, nothing has happened with it, so priam thinks it's literally just a souvenir.

the marks seemed to take more of howard's attention.

"it's warm, i guess," he answers. "it gets super hot sometimes, but that's only for special cases like the one time when we got the slate on ultra deep sea."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 8:58:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"The Deep Sea, huh?" The admin was so surprised, he stopped feeling up the grunt's muscular arm. "That..."

...tracked. It made a lot of sense, actually. If the tattoo was correlated to Dynamax, and Eternatus was the source of all Dynergy, then it didn't surprise the admin that the tattoo reacted upon getting close to the source of the power. If he explained that to Priam, though, he'd need to explain the end of reality and all of mankind.

Put simply, it was a lot of work.

"...is certainly something!" Shred would've been impressed at that deflection. "What sort of hot? Itchy? Intense? Searing? Give me details!"

As he grilled the grunt, the admin's eye began to blaze. In the background, Regice slouched down to peer at Rocket's best example of a 'dead-end career'.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 4:13:37 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i dunno! it's just hot!"

the words come out of his mouth without much waiting, but after a few moments of pondering, a description starts to form in his head. priam yaps in real time as his head translates the sensation into words.

"but the warmth comes from the mark itself, like when you hold a hand warmer and don't realize it's getting hotter than what you're comfortable with, or push a cigarette against your skin, or or or, like when the computers overheat when someone runs a super complicated program and smoke forcibly comes out of it!"

the feeling was otherwordly, and there are no exact words to replicate the sensation. even if he knows what those were, they would be downplayed to support the idea that priam finds pain to be no big deal.

"it just flares up whenever it's near things related to it. the bigger and closer it is, the hotter it gets."

he feels like it also happened during the supposed galar dream, but there was no way of saying to prove if he just subconsciously made it up to make his story look more appealing or if it had been one of the tidbits that actually happened.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 5:22:13 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard didn't know what a computer worked, but the analogy was appreciated.

"Alright, alright! Maybe if we like..." The admin scratched his chin and tucked his head against his chest. This was the academic process in motion, but the difference between Howard and most other academics was that he didn't use complicated technology to measure readings. That was more up the alley of or and their crazy gizmos.

Instead, Howard used the tried and true 'try something, and write down if it works'. An ancient technique, but quite usable.

"Dynamax is just the flow of Dynergy, right? I've got an idea. C'mere." Howard took Priam by the wrist and dragged him over to the colossal titan just outside of the grunt's room. "This is Regice. Say hi to one another."

⠓⠑⠇⠇⠕ The alien pattern flashed in a bright pattern, as if mirroring a cheery demeanor. The effect was artificial, as if the construct was playing pretend. A machine struggled to understand the human heart.

"Alright." Howard pointed at Regice. "Touch it."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 2:19:14 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"we actually found something similar at the ruins and it froze me entirely. i was, like, a popsicle that day."

his rambling was going to be longer, but the distance between the corner of the room where he kept his knickknacks and the door was short. it only took a few seconds for him to reach the regice outside.

"you really like holding me, huh? that's pookie coded of you, y'know, and-"

he stops when he touches the regice.

the surface of howard's pokemon felt too cold, but the sensation quickly changes when he feels the marks on his arm react to it. eyes widen like a curious cat when something happens immediately upon contact.

"woah!"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 7:39:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Holy shit!" Their reactions were similar. Howard's eye got massive as Priam's mark ignited, though it could've easily been due to Priam calling Howard a pookie. "I didn't think that would work!"

Nope, definitely due to Priam's mark.

It was truly incredible what you could do with a few vague hypothesizes, a willing test subject, and a complete unwillingness to compromise on safety. Ice crept up Priam's forearm, though it didn't seem to melt despite his tattoo's burning sensation.

That was pretty common. Howard was used to it whenever Regice touched him.

"Hold on. Hold still! I need to grab a picture of this. would know what this is." The admin fumbled with his phone, before pulling out an ancient and archaic flip phone. There was a high chance that it was actually older than Howard's Regice.

"Stand still!"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights