2,353 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Tattoos, Statues, and Smackeroos [M]
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 16:55:10 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
despite the feeling of frostbite eating away at his skin, and the feeling of his flesh almost melting away from the heat, he remained on the regice. every fiber of his being wanted to take his hand off, but his brain was wired to comply if no thought was given.

he waits at first, trying to endure the pain. it only takes a few seconds for his expression to twist in the most obvious iteration of the look someone gives when they try to hide something.

eventually, he gives in. his mouth opens, giving the most obvious advise.

"j-j-j-j-just use t-t-t-he f-f-f-fuckin' security c-c-c-camera footage!"

they were in the hallways after all, and if people were insistent about the league being too into surveillance of its constituents, the same can be said about rocket. surely, the hallway has cameras around each corner.

their rooms were safe from the cameras though, as far as priam is concerned.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 7:58:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard looked at Priam like he was an idiot.

"Why? You're right here, and the cameras have shitty quality." Probably. Going to the security office and asking for the footage would reveal that Howard had no idea how extracting video feeds worked. Hell, he'd probably open all of the submarine doors on accident trying to extact it. "Now stand still."

Snap.

"Whoops. Took one of myself. Gimme a sec..." He fumbled with the settings as Priam's flesh continued to freeze and darken. "There we go!"

Snap.

This time, the photo was taken properly. Howard beamed at it, before helping pry Priam away from Regice's frozen body. After a few agonizing moments, Priam was safe from the golem's chilling clutches. Howard allowed himself a sigh of relief.

"Nice work! This photo will be a big help!" He beamed at Priam, as if he hadn't caused the grunt a great deal of discomfort. "Your arm's pretty roughed up, though."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,353 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 17:42:00 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
tears well up from his ducts, but he never allowed them to flow down his cheek.

he tries to subtly wipe them with the back of his hand all brusque and manly, but it only ended up supporting the image that he was actually ready to cry.

priam tries to interject from such thoughts forming on howard's head with a shout.

"did you know blister scars aren't as cool as other kinds of scars!"

he holds his palm up to howard's face, trying to take attention away from the fact that he was teary eyed. he hopes that exaggerated gestures and the foolishness of his actions was enough.

"look at these frostbites! if these actually burn my fingerprints off and make them look like smooth sausages, i'm gonna sue! why do you even need a picture when you can just tell 'em it happened?!"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 5:00:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
If Priam really wanted a few cool scars, Howard was perfectly willing arrange that. All it'd take was for Howard to lock the grunt in a room with and watch the fireworks.

"No matter what you do, Priam, you'll never compete with my scar. The eyepatch makes me the coolest guy on this sub." Howard tapped the eyepatch for reference. Even the admin's biggest critics had to admit that Howard Slayte had style. "If you're concerned, I'll get you patched in the clinic."

A logical person would've asked why Howard didn't own a Pokémon with Heal Pulse. The answer was very simple. He'd never make a mistake that would result in him getting hurt. Ever.

His missing eye twitched.

"Shhh." Howard clapped him on the shoulder as he realized Priam was three seconds away from a breakdown. "That was very brave."

His eye lingered past Priam, towards the Odd Regi Statue that remained on the floor. Three of the eyes sparkled with a hidden light. Two more than what the statue had when he and plundered the statue from the ruin.

"You good?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,353 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 16:58:24 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"y-yeah?"

the first thing that comes to mind upon being asked was that something might be wrong. he looks around, trying to find any injury outside of the frostbite, but nothing stood out.

clueless, he turns to howard, following his gaze that leads to the relic.

"oh, neat!" he exclaims. "i thought there were like five of 'em that needs to be collected before it lights up!"

it's a collector's item, he thought, and nothing but a souvenir that had no use. he had it for years, and nothing had happened since then, concluding to a thought that stuck to priam for all that time.

"you like these stuff, right?" he doesn't actually know who howard is besides general knowledge of his identity, which included being a resident archeologist. "does that mean anything?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 22:03:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Did it mean anything? Howard plucked the statue from the ground and moved it between his fingers. Three eyes of indistinct color gleamed in the sockets, leaving the remainder empty. As he ran his fingers across the indented braille pattern on the statue, he frowned.

"You're right. At least, I think you are. But we don't have five with us. We only have one." The one in question beeped innocently from outside Priam's room. Howard's lip tightened. "Maybe it's ones you've only come in contact with?"

It was a collector's item, but it was an item whose value was finally revealing itself after years of inactivity. Why was it glimmering now?

"Or perhaps it tells us which ones are active..." Howard frowned. He had seen Regirock, Regice, and Regieleki so far. "How does this thing work?"

He wondered if the League had something similar. He'd have to ask or a loudmouthed public servant.

"It means, Priam, that the journey isn't over. There's other ruins left to explore." He turned to Priam. "Mind if I borrow this?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights