he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 0:04:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Get That Loot
[attr="class","monody"]
Picking Through The End
The song was no funeral dirge, no elegy of loss, no chorus of angels; it was energetic, upbeat. It was unexpected…and yet, can anyone truly say that wouldn't be what's waiting for them when their final moments have come? That it won't be what awaits them at the end?

"
You have handled the song well," the Endsinger said. "I was correct to judge you as worthy. I will leave you to your duty, and I wish you good fortune on your search."

With that, the Explorer would feel the connection to the Endsinger cut, its voice gone from their mind. They were free to leave, on to their next point of interest: a region where a distress signal had been sent from some time ago.

——

Once their ship arrived, they would find the source of the distress signal - or what remained of it.

An entire space fleet, with ships far grander in size than the Explorer's - all drifting lifelessly through cold space, shredded apart from a grand battle. Not far off was a planet, one covered by what was once a grand civilization - but as the Explorer's scans would reveal, not a single living soul was on this planet, nor among the ship graveyard.

There was no-one to communicate with here…but perhaps some information could be gleaned through the wreckage, data logs that could further elucidate what happened here.

Though the Explorer would have to be careful: a ship graveyard could be just as perilous as a living fleet.

Prompt

Utilize at least 1 attack or ability that could help you avoid crashing into debris or protect against damage from the debris field.

Utilize at least 1 attack or ability that could help you search for something within the debris. This cannot be the same attack(s) or ability from the previous prompt.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 3:51:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
arriving at their destination brings kyle to a delicate space to maneuver around.

desolate as it was, the scrapyard still provides a bountiful exposition for the scene. narration doesn't need to explain anything to explain the story for the setting.

"alright, let's see what i have to work with..."

he studies the options he has. the simplest solution often is the best, and overthinking not only hurts his head, but also burns through his time.

kyle opts to pick for a weapon to shield his way through, using it in a manner that wasn't intended, but more or less kept its function. sunsteel strike.

as the weapon made out of this sci-fi alloy provide a good defense against debris, kyle decides to lean more into the fantasy aspect of the story and activates a move that he bases with the flavor more than the practical usage.

springtide storm. a radar based out of a move that operated with winds of love and hate sets out to search the area with anything that may radiate with it. it doesn't need to make scientific sense, kyle thinks, since this was just a story.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 17:31:04 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Every Sci-Fi game has audio logs
[attr="class","monody"]
Reading Through The End
The debris would prove to be of little issue, the Spaceships's Sunsteel Strikes destroying and repelling anything in its path. And with a single use of the ship's Springtide Storm, the Explorer was able to pinpoint a particular of interest, where high levels of emotional energy could be detected.

It was a single strike craft, the smallest among all ships in this graveyard. It was in relatively good condition - its pilot even still resided within the cockpit.

Though no life-signs could be detected.

The ship's terminal was still in good shape - enough that the information within could be downloaded. It would be an easy task, as if it was deliberately set up as such.

What the Explorer would find, was a set of logs from the pilot.

Log 1

The warnings from the Vorcha Empire have proven true; our astrologists have detected something heading towards our star. I had to pull some favors for this info, but they're saying it's a mixture of organic matter and star matter. No other organism possesses such a molecular makeup.

But their analysis says that it's only 300cm tall? I don't know how something so small could be so dense.

And I don't know how, when I look at the night sky, I can see it approaching. The military is scrambling all resources to try and intercept it, before it can devour our star. They've even called me in.

And here I was, ready for retirement. Guess they're pushing that back again.

Log 2

All weapons have proven ineffective. Energy weapons, missiles, even ramming has failed to stop this thing. The only thing that got a reaction out of this monster was our admiral starting up The Cerebral's Perish Drive.

It didn't even have a chance to fully charge before the monster cut a hole through it with a beam of energy. My ship said it was a beam of pure solar energy.

I've lost contact with the rest of the fleet. They're all dead or gone. Either it didn't notice me or it doesn't care. My ship's sensors say the monster is in front of our star now. It hasn't moved since then. I don't know what to do.

And I think I can hear it talking to our star. It sounds angry.

Log 3

Our star is gone.

There's no point looking for survivors now. We focused so much on preparing for the monster that we didn't prepare any backups if we failed. We don't have the means to travel beyond our solar system, and our world is already starting to freeze over.

My ship doesn't have much air remaining. I'll leave my ship's terminal open so whoever finds this can read my messages.

You can't fight this thing. You either need to find a way to convince it to stop, or move solar systems the moment it comes your way. It's clearly going for stars for a reason, but I don't know what it is. Perhaps it'll find what it's looking for, or it'll gorge itself so much that it destroys itself.

Whatever happens, I wish you good fortune.

And at the end of time, let us meet as stars.

The logs ended there - and no further data logs could be found in the graveyard.

Prompt

React to this information

Do as you wish. Will move on to next event in next post.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 16:41:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he blinks at the lore drop.

this was the kind of storytelling he likes, where emotions meant to be felt by the reader are subtle rather than forced. anger or sorrow would be the supposed responses for this kind of scenario, but kyle smiles fondly at the final gift left to him.

melancholy fills the cockpit of the ship as he sits in silence, taking in the last few messages left by the last knight of this solar system's kingdom.

"fighting it head on wasn't in the agenda anyways," he finally muses to himself, killing the stillness of the room. "don't worry soldier. your final words won't be in vain."

kyle closes the logs one by one, storing it in a folder made with the similar intent as the source. it may not matter since the story ends once he gets obliterated out of existence, and this universe only exists in this instance, but there was nothing wrong with playing his role as the explorer.

a quick rundown on what the ship can do is done, and he sets off to the next destination.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights