6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 16:47:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it made him feel self-centered to take a spot from a gym's congested queue in the midst of the hustle and bustle of their region, especially when he's in a position not to need the badge, but nothing beats the experience of playing within a gym leader's playground.

their meeting during vct was a reminder that littleroot's was one of the gyms he has yet to try.

"good morning," he'd greet as he enters the quaint room where the helpers of the gym guided him. "hope i didn't come at a bad time."

he says it's morning, but the time says it's closer to afternoon, right after lunch more specifically. kyle did arrive at the scheduled time, but the slip of the tongue leaves less to be desired from the challenger's inferred mannerisms.

body language suggests he feels relaxed for the challenge. for the socially awkward, not having to maintain eye contact when they talk helps.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 12:36:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/Welcome.mp3[/player]

Welcome

"If anything, this is the best time to do this! Though I think it's actually afternoon."

Hideo had opened up those non-traditional spots because of the demand. Kyle had even been the first person whose interest got him to consider opening up more spots.

And sure enough, the moment he did, the challenges flooded in.

"But, uh, let me formally welcome you to the Ordeal Gym! Not every day we get a challenge from the Champion!" The challenge was open to anyone (that wasn't a known active Rocket), so there was no hesitation in accepting Kyle's application. "Let me show you where the challenge will take place."

The boy turned, the Beheeyem by his side following along. Kyle's body language would go unnoticed by the boy, and unexplained by the Beheeyem.

It wouldn't take long to walk through the library-like Gym, but the trip there wouldn't be a silent one. "So I like to ask all my non-traditional challengers this: why'd you choose A Journey Amongst The Stars for your challenge today?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 17:59:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"nothing serious about it. the other options just seemed too dark," he answers honestly. "then again, i suppose it would be too farfetched to think there's an outlier."

the other tales suggest a clear exposition for the idea behind the story. the one he chose was vague and can be construed as a metaphor.

still, kyle challenged this gym for a good time. worrying about things was just going to complicate the story in his head, forcing him to overthink and eventually sour the experience.

"would you have picked something else if you were in my position?"

kyle makes small talk, trying to bounce off of hideo on their trip through the library.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 18:24:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded along as the challenge answered his question. "All the stories we got can be pretty dark. Not every ordeal can go so well, so a lot can happen in them. Personally, I'd say 'Escape From The Fae Kingdom' is the most lighthearted story, but that doesn't mean this one is gonna be scary."

He took a moment to think over the challenger's question. "Eh, probably not. Every story's got their own appeal and themes to them. Making me choose wouldn't be too fair, though, 'cause I already know what could happen in each story."

The privilege of being the one running the show.

They'd soon reach the room, the Beheeyem by his side opening the door psychically for them. The room itself was well-furnished, with a nice chair for Hideo to sit upon and a comfy couch for the challenger. A pair of Musharna sat upon both seats, and a number of Psychic and Fairy Pokemon were scattered about, watching Hideo and Kyle as they entered.

Hideo went to his own seat, the one with a book resting upon it; there was little in terms of illustrations on the book, the words "A Journey Amongst The Stars" its most striking feature - apart from the braille lettering one could run their fingers along. He swept it up, taking a seat with the same motion.

"You can take a seat on the couch," Hideo said, the Musharna upon it willing to move as needed. "You'll want to make yourself comfortable, 'cause this'll take some time."

Once Kyle was seated, Hideo would begin. "All you'll need to do is close your eyes, and give it a moment. Just focus on my words, and let them do their work."

His Pokemon went to work, the Musharnas letting out some Dream Mist as they would Hypnotize Kyle into a peaceful slumber.

"You will find yourself in the hangar of a Space Station."

[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/StoryBegin.mp3[/player]
The Story Begins

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Welcome to Space Station 13
[attr="class","monody"]
Spaaaaaaaaaaace
"Now open your eyes."

The transition was as instantaneous as Hideo promised, and Kyle would find himself in a dimly-lit hangar. It'd be hard to tell just how large the room was, but the echoing sound of shoes on metal would be easy to notice.

And Hideo's voice could still be heard, as if surrounding Kyle, distant yet close.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was a civilization that had reached the stars. To them, traveling to space was as simple as getting on an airplane and traveling between regions. And yet, space is a vast thing; despite the centuries this civilization had spent among the stars, it barely knew a fraction of a fraction of what it contained.

And so, many dedicated their lives to exploring the reaches of space, whether seeking to uncover the mysteries of the infinite, wealth beyond measure, or simply to find a new home. One such Explorer was on their way now, to begin their expedition.

The Explorer's transponder crackled as a voice began to speak to them - the familiar voice of their Commander.

"
Before you leave, Explorer, let us review your objective one last time."

The Explorer was to…

Prompt
Choose your objective:

- Find A New World to Settle Upon

or

- Find Out Why The Stars in the Sky are Going Dark

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/j6994qK.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 18:27:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there was an option to fuss about how things work, and how the world building of hideo's story was so expansive that every detail wasn't left unsatisfactory, but immersion was a priority if one was to find enjoyment in their trip.

his commander speaks from the transponder. the smile on his expression cements itself as first impressions have not failed him. the promise of the experience he wanted to live presents itself.

"to find out why the stars in the sky are going dark, sir!"

he gets in character, mostly for fun. there was no point playing the non-traditional route of the gym if they weren't going to play along, after all.

the objective resonates with him more, given its nature to discover a truth rather than expand his horizons. if he was to immerse himself, he supposed it just made more sense for him pry more from the universe rather than spearhead a foundation of a society.

Find Out Why The Stars in the Sky are Going Dark

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 22:00:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Welcome to Space Station 13
[attr="class","monody"]
The Most Important Subject: Shipping
The Explorer confirmed their mission: to find out why the stars in the sky were going out.

"Correct," the Commander said. "Stars go out all the time, just as new ones appear. But our scientists noticed that they've been disappearing at an alarming rate lately - and following a trail. Your objective is to find out what is causing it...and if it's within your means, you have the authority to stop it. Should this phenomena reach our star…I needn't explain the consequences."

"Good luck on your mission, Explorer. May you find your way through this ordeal."

With that, the transponder went off, leaving the Explorer to go on their duty.

But just how would the Explorer set out upon their journey? Why, the same way anyone else would! With a spaceship of their own, one that had served them well.

They'd just need to make one last assessment of their ship before they were off.

may choose one Pokemon they possess to take the role of their Spaceship. The Spaceship is themed after said Pokemon, though it is still a Spaceship capable of carrying them through their mission. Any and all attacks/abilities are capabilities of the Spaceship, expressed as desires.

Prompt

Choose a Pokemon to act as your Spaceship
Describe your Spaceship

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/j6994qK.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 16:50:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it is as if stars aligned that the story itself presents him with what he assumed would be the best mode of transportation in space.

surely, there's not much difference between ultra space and outer space.

"oho? this is good shit."

when he saw it in the hangar, he most definitely knew it was his. after all, his solgaleo differs from depictions of alolan legends, as well as the one that appeared long before, which had been spread throughout the news back then.

immediately, he runs up the ship and inspects everything: from the consoles of the command room, to the corridors of the ship and even to the recreational rooms he assumes wouldn't affect the story a bit.

it was as if everything was laid out in accordance to sci-fi tropes of similar vessels.

kyle ends up his inspection on the captain's seat, leaning back to get a full view of the window that separates him from the potential void that constitutes what was beyond the skies.

"let's go, let's go..." he silently chants.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 21:09:44 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/Wander%20Space%20Time%20I%20quiet.mp3[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]What it be?
[attr="class","monody"]
Unknown Life
The Explorer performed their necessary assessments. Everything seemed to be in order, from the command room's consoles to the corridors connecting rooms, to the recreational rooms that the Explorer could enjoy between life-threatening events.

And surely, there would be plenty of those. The life of an Explorer was an eventful one, to say the least.

As the Explorer chanted in excitement, their ship lifted off, flying into the infinite reaches of space, with the goal of finding just why the stars were disappearing. It could be no small phenomena, to end the life of a star, let alone so many.

But the journey of a thousand light-years begins with a single jump.

——

The first jump would take the Explorer to the edge of this strange phenomena - where the first star disappeared. A solar system, with the star notably missing; no debris, no stardust.

Just gone, leaving the cold, dead worlds around where it once was.

And yet, one world still seemed to carry life. A single life form, as the ship's sensors would indicate, yet something that should not exist in all this lifelessness.

And the Explorer would feel a strange premonition - that the life form on that planet knew they were there.

Prompt

Investigate

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 2:42:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
anything that doesn't have facts and logic backing it up were not good enough reasons for kyle, but time has proven that nothing works as intended in the real world. kyle surmises that it translates over actual fantasy titles.

the gut feeling was not something he should ignore easily this time.

"let's play it safe for now, yeah? we can take the risks later once we had our money's worth."

kyle remains in his ship within the orbit of the world they found.

with the ship's systems mirroring the capabilities of his pokemon, kyle tries to find a command for it to execute a move it should know. it comes with intuition, perhaps with how the dream works, that he knows how to perform it.

cosmic power is activated. what was used to disable avatar abilities and recall legendary pokemon back is now used to probe the planet, teasing for a feedback to his ship's systems.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 18:03:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]This be it
[attr="class","monody"]
All That Remains
The Spaceship's Cosmic Power assessed the world the lifeform was upon - and revealed that this lifeform was the only living matter upon that planet. There were signs of a civilization that once was, buildings and constructs that once showed that life once thrived upon this world.

All snuffed out, as if overnight. There was no sign of a catastrophe upon the world, nor any great war.

Just ended, consigned to a cold, quiet nothingness.

A moment later, a strange sensation would wash over the Explorer. A Mystical Power observed them - and a moment later, they would hear a voice from two sources: one, from their very own ship. Another, inside their head.

"
I fear there is little here for you to see, Explorer," the voice said. It spoke calmly, yet possessed a strange cadence to its words. "Or have you come to investigate what remains? The end has come to this world far sooner than it should have, its star devoured before its time."

The face of the creature appeared on the ship's main screen, its eyes following the Explorer as if it was peering through a window.

Prompt

Speak to the strange creature

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 1:43:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
for a moment, he ponders if he should speak to it through a speaker by tracing the frequency used by the voice and then route his response to the source. he decides against it, trusting that if it can get in his head, it can take his response from it as well.

"any knowledge helps in keeping us prepared for it."

he leaves his answer a vague response to the voice's question.

"would you help us figure it out?" he pleads. "the identity of the one behind the destruction of the stars?"

kyle leans back to his seat, making himself comfortable as he makes one last casual remark before awaiting the response from the planet. his eyes faces the one on his screen, talking as one would to an acquaintance.

"would it be too much to ask for your help to prevent the same fate from befalling our star? it sounds more benevolent than inciting cooperation in the name of revenge."

his goal for the story becomes apparent with the last line.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 23:28:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Tell me a tale
[attr="class","monody"]
An End To All
The Explorer's words would indeed reach this strange being, even if it didn't immediately seem apparent.

Though the answer might not be what they sought.

"
It is a mystery that eludes I as well. And I fear that I cannot interfere, for I am an Endsinger. I possess the duty of heralding the end when a star's time has come, and I cannot help save your star if it is fated to be devoured…yet I may be able to aid you in one way."

The Explorer would feel as if the creature was gazing into their very soul, all the way from the dead planet it stood upon.

"
But only one who has seen the end can bear what I have to offer. So I ask: what have you seen end?"

Prompt

Tell her of something has experience involving something ending.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 1:28:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i have seen the end of a civilization."

there are people who do not need to be present to see the consequences of a last ditch effort of survival hammer in a race's demise. a wormhole to lesser megalopolis always presented a gateway for the front-row seats of destruction.

"it's a quaint place with humble people, driven to insanity by a drought of energy. their technology has been left to disarray when self-sufficiency was highly dependent on a source taken from them by something they cannot fight back from."

hoenn had many close calls, but never did it reach the end as the dying embers of megalopolis' cities. kyle sympathizes, but there was no chance of rebirth when their story has already reached the final chapter.

"survivors still exist, but they have lost their will to live. the last few days waiting for their inevitable end is tantamount to a finale, don't you think?"

all hope was lost. there was no one else working for a better tomorrow. they have given up, and all that was left was decay. chaos can't even rise up without fuel from a person's will.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 19:09:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Sing me a song
[attr="class","monody"]
Listen to The End
The Endsinger quietly listened as the Explorer shared their tale, of a civilization once grand, destroyed by losing what helped them grow.

"
Such loss can be difficult to recover from. It truly does sound as if their civilization has ended, even if small vestiges remain, surviving for what they see as nothing."

"
And yet, the end of one story, means that another can begin. They may never regain the life they once had, but a new civilization can begin anew from the ashes."

The Endsinger took a deep breath.

"
I am satisfied with your tale. While I cannot help in your search, I can teach you the song I sing to all that must come to an end. Only one that witnessed such an end, can bear its power."

Its voice would only sound in the Explorer's head.

"
Bear witness to the song of creation's end!"

Prompt

Choose a song to be the Song of Creation's End

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
daybreak [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 17:52:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it feels weird to listen to this song. this wouldn't be what one would imagine to be the song of creation's end to sound like, but he can't say he doesn't like it.

perhaps the simulation caters to the challenger's mind.

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qhicqqzTge1z0s6puo1.mp3[/player]

he starts to bop to the song, momentarily breaking immersion when the music plays in his head. he did not expect this reaction from him, but he certainly won't stop it from coming out naturally.

"i will treasure the song you bestowed upon me," he tells the endsinger, "and i will make sure it will have its legacy as the song of creation's end continued."

he's not sure when in the story it will be useful, and what its exact purpose is, but he keeps it in mind that this will be a powerful tool to progress the plot later on.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights